/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Escape Edition

Last thread:>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CAYJe_WYZ14
youtube.com/watch?v=apVtI4F0IYE
stardewvalley.net/
gamejolt.com/games/red-amazon/87009
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bump limit reached
I'm proud of you /indie/

Everyone play Red Amazon

Assignment game

>no Game-of-the-Thread
Oh well.

I've discovered a very useful application that allows me to convert Tiled maps into GameMaker maps, but is that enough? I fear the damage has already been done.

I know you didn't deserve this, but it was out of my control. I don't know what to do anymore. When I saw Jillian the other day it hurt to look at her and she was ashamed to see me as well. Everyone's left town. I try messaging them on Facebook and trying phoning them but no answer.

Things might not be as bad as they seem. I'm a dramatic fellow and I don't mean to get so emotional but it feels like the walls are caving in. You can never tell when you're at your worst, only in hindsight. If this map scenario clears up for me, things will be better but there's no guarantee.

I'm only saying this in case this is my last post.

I just beat DashBored (took 3 hours spread across a week)

Can someone spoil me on the extra content from a second run of the game?

I kinda can't be assed (especially if it's available on the first run... because I checked stuff pretty thoroughly).

Also what's with the name, I still have no clue after beating it.

What the fuck did I just read.

The name means nothing senpai.
It's probably just a play on the Dashboard of a car and Nic's demeanor throughout the game

Huh, I was vaguely thinking something like that. Sounds about right then.

Glad to be seeing you all again my sweeties.

Also - in case any SDV fans missed it in the last thread - youtube.com/watch?v=CAYJe_WYZ14

But is there a text version of what he said somewhere, I hate watching videos.

But you get to see how cute he is and listen to his voice. It's delightful.

reminder this isnt vore

youtube.com/watch?v=apVtI4F0IYE

Are these yours or what

yeah btr shills here

bump

>Can someone spoil me on the extra content from a second run of the game?
...please
please
......please
please respond

Bumping with sexy dead Shane

stardewvalley.net/

Our sexy lord and saviour has a written update now.

Shane?

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!

Cool now I don't have to watch the video because I'm a fag who doesn't like watching videos.

Actually seems pretty minimal. I take it the video says more?

Bah fuck it I'll give it a watch in an hour or so.

Reminder that Story of Bethem is a glorious "zeldalike" with awesome developer.

Yeah, I don't watch videos much either, but I couldn't help it this time.

Eh, yeah, just watch the video and read the update. I don't think both say the exact stuff. I forget.

BUT a month to go! Fuuuck, not long now!

Game looks like it could be a real gem.

What's so great about GuGames?

Just a guy that really listens to the user feedback to make the best game possible. When I 100%ed some months ago I discovered some tile glitches, took a screenshot of it and the dev commented on those and fixed them a day later. So much stuff was added from general user friendlyness like controller UI to new sidequests and customes.

shane truly is dead

He probably is. I'll marry his corpse if I have to.
Then more than likely kill myself.

bump

i hate sidequests and I hate the obsession they get

>Desolate Hope is free
Why haven't you played it ?

Toki has found some friends but they flee and Toki feels they shouldn't flee.

played about halfway through it, eventually dropped it due to the UI and everything not really making sense.

I think that it would really be nice to have him remake it but with someone else to reign in some of his design decisions, like having times new roman and that one 'movie font' on all monitors in the game, or maybe a complete overhaul of the nighttime portion of the game.

Grabbing!

Speaking of free /indie/ games.

If you butts like VNs, Lucid9: Inciting Incident is free and also a decent VN.

The darkest ether pours out of the ground

Toki found the big ball

in b4 they get turned into chicken nuggets

What's the game about?

How do you convert the maps from tiled maps to GM maps?

Protip: Screenshot and link next time.

You'd think that if you didn't know boobs could be more than flat chested.

He just used an application. If it actually exists I imagine you can just google it.

If not: Write a quick thing that parses the Tiled format and then exports it to the GM format... .... ... Quick if you're a programmer

I love how none of them even seem to care that they're in there, heck some look happy.

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

tiled2gm seems to work. The website is down but Wayback Machine has it

Chaos Knight pls.

>Red Amazon
Well that was short, as advertised.
Was neat until the game decided that I could get shot through a wall. The only way to "win" is to drop him fastish after you spot him (he spots you?)

The atmosphere was pretty comfy. Would be neat for this to be expanded on... Though it's tough. You have to be forgiving enough that players don't have to load/restart often (or at all) without ruining the perception of danger. Don't let players die and they'll figure it out.

Actually I got it: What if it's not YOUR life that's ever at stake. You can lose the lives of your partners though, which also sucks (unless you're a psychopath in which case the game wouldn't really be very fun probably).

It's getting dark, too dark for poor Tori. I want to keep Tori safe.

Post cute!

This.

Tori can now fly. She is not scared of flying for the first time. (Maybe it's because she's a bird?)

Worried Gorilla refuses to see this fall off page ten!

bump

This game right?
gamejolt.com/games/red-amazon/87009
I'll try it in a bit.

bump

yeah that's the one

so how long before this thread turns on this guy?

Like in seven minutes

Toki is upset that her friends are in a magic ball floating through the sky. It is inconvenient.

fuck that faggot I hope he dies

Alright, I finished it, I believe.
It's a weird short game, I don't know what to say.

Is the encounter with the man the end?
I don't really know what to take from this game. Sure the atmosphere was comfy at first, but there isn't really much to the game. I even tried a couple replays to try other things too.

What I liked about Red Amazon is that is was so chilling. What was the story behind the protagonist in the cabin? Mysteries linger...

let's no the Sony conference kill /indie/

True or False: The soup will die

[ ] true
[ ] false

I'm getting to the point in Toki Tori where I should consider getting all the collectables.

She's mad she's not the one who put them in there.

Do not hurt the robowaifu.

Yeah the post on his site didn't mention the new buildings or marriage options (you can marry Shane and Amy now). He mentioned in the video he was looking to add more late game projects so there's a few very expensive buildings you can sink your profits into. The ones he actually named were the Mill for grinding wheat into flour as well as a storage shed, as well as a "mystery building" he wouldn't give any information about.

So what's indie playing, making, drawing, or better yet wanking to?

>wanking

Toriel

>amy
Mean Emily

Why do you jerk to your mother?

>stardewvalley.net/
are you kidding me? I have to start over to play the new maps? do the monsters still come out if I don't restart?

moar pics like this please

My mother's too sexy

Why do people pursue this guy?

Edgies are good for edging.

>and I hate the obsession they get
How do you mean? That people like them or that you feel inclined to get them all?

This class image reminded me way too much of the wiki leaks meme on how to deal with an school shooter.

The first game is too hard for me. Around the sewer I had to look up every levels solution.

Forgot image.

Uuugh the game is good but the version that's coming out is going to have voice acting by Zoe Quinn of all people, not to mention there will be other hipster bullshit artists "lending" their voices to the game.

>mmimimimi
nigga

So? Who cares who's voice acting?

Me, I won't play the voice acting version. It's not that I don't care for the voice actors, it's because I just don't like voice acting in most games

I love how soft she looks, and I don't just mean that boner wise. I really just like how soft and curvy the whole picture is, really easy and pleasant on the eyes.

She has a seriously annoying voice.

You should probably read his descriptions again because everything I could tell you would just copy/pasted directly from what Ape said.

When will Dworven's Midori fuck Zoe's Nic

He's basically ConcernedApe's self insert.

oh that's a good reason, I guess.

Anyone have a download for Dooms 3 (the really bad RPGM game)?

heh

standard_method_of_saving_the_game.png

I'm burning out on Jets'n'Guns. The difficulty is up and down and I've lost interest

By the time you start burning out you should probably be done with the (first loop of) the game.

I just finished cave story last night.
Good game.

did you get the true ending

Why doesn't he want anyone to help him with the game?