Did Equus ever produce these? Or were they another Elio situation?

Did Equus ever produce these? Or were they another Elio situation?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Fastback-/142042419656?forcerrptr=true&hash=item21126351c8:g:vUoAAOSwz2lXC7kA&item=142042419656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They actually made them, but it's extremely limited production and it's over $500,000.

Just think about how good these would sell if Ford produced these at a more reasonable price point, which they could.

>powered by a GM LS9 engine
yea, Ford ain't making them.

Imagine one of these with a Voodoo engine or EcoBoost V6. GM would be completely and utterly BTFO.

>neither of those make as much power as the supercharged GM V8 they use
>claims GM BTFO
pick one. It's a 640 HP V8.

>implying the EcoBoost V6 isn't capable of making 700+ hp

GM has never made a naturally aspirated, street legal engine than Ford's Voodoo in the GT350R. How is that not BTFO?

Its a Gorgeous luxury looking muscle-car and i have a HUGE fetish for these. Aston Martin made something along the lines of this in the 90s and it was expensive as fuck powerful as fuck and hardly anyone bought the most powerful option but damn were they pretty. I wish more cars like these could exist. its almost like its completely immune to "Modern Car Design" how the hell did they do it?

Not necessarily with the same engine. You're missing the point.

The point being a modern recreation not the botched interpretations that they have been doing.

Imagine if random people were making better fastbacks than this in their garage every day that don't cost $500k

And those same mods from the V6 would have the LS9 over 1000 HP. Keep trying buddy.

>How is that not BTFO?
Let's see
>Voodoo @ 526hp, 429lb-ft tq
>LS7 @ 505hp, 470lb-ft tq

So a gain of 21hp and loss of 41lb-ft tq is BTFO how?

>needs 2 more liters and makes 21 less hp
BTFO!

MUH DICK

and yet they've been proven on a dyno to make the same power at the wheels. Your point?

>Your point?
GM BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't the body a reproduction?

>Mustang with a fucked up Challenger grille
>name is an obvious play off Mustang
is this something out of Grand Theft Auto?

No idea. My general message is many people have built way better/more interesting cars than the Equus Bass for a fraction of the price. Equus has to have one of the worst ideas for a car of all time, they took a classic design, so close that any layman would just mistake it for the actual thing, but made everything bespoke with the argument that their car is unique and special. You end up with a car that is functionally worse than a resto mod Mustang, but you can't replace the parts because they use their own windshield, trim, etc. It's a complete miracle they sold even one car.

It's a more of GTX than Challenger, shitcunt

imo I bet the price was mostly for it's pretentious interior design.
Really sily

Holy hell that's a beautiful Mustang II

Amazing looking cars. Carbon fiber 67? GOAT

this thing is 500k.
you could literally have a 67 GT500 clone built with whatever engine and trick suspension you wanted and all brand new parts including the body for less than half

thats fucking disgusting

Where can you get a carbon fiber / aluminum hybrid 67 Mustang body? Let alone the aluminum chassis since the 67 was unibody.

Thats irrelevant, a restmodded 67 would weigh in around 3000 lbs and a bass is what, 3500 lbs?

God next you'll be complaining about motors needing turbos to make power as if it's some fake power.. I have literally listened to a few people irl rant on about how a 4cyl turbo beat their v8 but it doesn't count because they needed a turbo to make power. Fucking retarded.

>pretty
Dude that's horrible looking

>I was wrong about this car so I'll strawman weight

That's irrelevant, a restomoded Beck 904 would weigh in around 1720 lbs and the Mustang is what, 3000 lbs?

>paying top dollar for a restomod from an Arab company no one has ever heard of.
>the only thing the car has is a GM engine in a Mustang body and quilted seats

Im not the same guy

Ford already has this thing for expensive mascle

ye but it doesn't look as good

>I do like it though

I think it would look okay if the grille were reworked.

All I see on the grill of that car is two bulls having gay sex

10 year age gap. engine dimensions > litres also

>that grill

Where would a front license plate go on one of these?

on top of the dash

>Gaplin Body Shop
intothetrash.png

the horsefish is the ultimate evolution of the restomod/show touring movement.
you know you love it, faggot.

Exactly.
>B..but it cost 500k
t. poorfags with no idea how much pro level car builds actually cost.

this is so trashy i love it

But it's not that fast, well made, interesting, or desirable, it really doesn't do anything that the best high end builds manage to do. It's not expensive for good reason, it's expensive because the costs have to cover tooling for slightly changed molds, glass, etc. that doesn't improve the car whatsoever. There are hand laid carbon fiber fastbacks out there that didn't cost $500k to make.

A cursory look at their website will prove you're full of shit. Have you seen one in person? Implying it isn't well made is a MASIVE joke. I sat in one at an auto show last year. It's a damn RR interior wise and I'm sure the one of chassis is just as well done. Laughable to argue price at this price point.

You seem to be hung up on it being an improved 67 Mustang, it isn't AT ALL beyond sharing a similar body shape. Might as well compare a C7R to a C7 Stingray with your logic.

This thread made me grow chest hair and also made me appreciate muscle cars a lot.

Holy shit.

It's not well made compared to the one off restomod cars that are in the same stratosphere. What is good about the Equus Bass? What does it do that hasn't been done better at a lower price? A few of these cars I've posted are far beyond an improved Mustang as well, about all they share is glass/hardware, door handles, and a few pieces of trim.

>mfw I unironically like the design

>What does it do that hasn't been done better at a lower price?
O really? ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Fastback-/142042419656?forcerrptr=true&hash=item21126351c8:g:vUoAAOSwz2lXC7kA&item=142042419656

Fucking poorfag magazine racers. Veeky Forums has become cancer with all the statfags with no actual mechanic experience desu.

Next time keep your dick holster shut around people who actually work on these caliber cars.

I work on cars that cost 3x+ the Equus Bass quite often. What is your linking my post and to a car that costs half the cost of the Equus while having better craftsmanship supposed to show me? Sorry, it's not good which is why they can't sell them. You didn't answer the question because they didn't accomplish anything with the car, it's been done better by many other builders.

>comparing your fantasy, one-off, not for sale, sema car waifu to a production car.

jesus christ just shut up.

>that "high end build" performance mustang with a dual master cylinder

looooooooooool

>bashing a car for having cosmetic features that add to its price
>while posting gay boomer show cars

When they actually sell and deliver a car you might be able to call it a production car

>off the shelf GM crate motor in a 500k car

loooooooooool

>bashing the LS
Not enough street cred for you? I though you "real hot rodders" were all about performance/doller

this is actually pretty good outside of the grill. Wheels could be a bit smaller too.

>bringing up performance/"doller"
>on a 500k car
The only reason anyone would buy the any of these cars is for street cred, there's no way the car is even as fast as a C5 Z06. If I was spending that much on a restomod Mustang it better have a bespoke block made by hand out of Inconel by a bearded hipster in Detroit with a diamond file.

Just imagine how fast you could go if you didn't spend so much on cosmetic crap like your sema show gods do.

tldr: eat shit poser faggot

>implying anyvody in their right mind would take a voodoo over an ls7

Where is the cosmetic crap on my car? Why do you think I like these show cars? I couldn't care less about them, just posting to show that they do every thing the Equus Bass does better.

Modernized homage cars like this are overpriced by nature.
They are short run, factory quality cars for an extremely niche market.
If you're complaining about their price then you're probably stupid as fuck :)

this looks like shit, much rather have the horsefish

You were going for boomer cred from the start.
Take your own advice and buy a vette if you want to go fast economically.

>expensive as fuck car gets destroyed by loads of actual production cars cheaper than it
I would rather buy a Viper ACR, GTR Nismo, Corvette Z06, whatever. 500k is seriously approaching hypercar range.

Saying factory quality as a good thing says a lot about your knowledge level. The only thing factory about it is the parts bin under the engine cover, while half the price of the car is in super unique billet gauge bezels and knobs.

>You were going for boomer cred from the start.
Explain, with links to my posts please. Sounds like you got a little flustered when you couldn't come up with anything to say about your favorite car to save pictures of on the internet and any effort to imply you know more about anything car related than me backfired. Maybe you should read the wikipedia article, their website, or a few press releases again and you can come up with something it does that other cars don't do better instead of another limp wristed character attack.

Protip, he's not the same guy tripfag.

>heartbreaker gets his shitpushed in again

nice

Because it's a boomer car that you're overhauling totally so you can go fast. And I'm not going to go looking for old posts faggot.

>tripfag doesn't like character attacks

>oops I said something stupid
>better pretend I'm a different user and try something else
>oh no still didn't work
>I know, I'll samefag

You know it would be a lot easier to just know what you are talking about before you post

There's another situation where you should take your own advice.

>he belives I am one of the guys he was arguingw with

top kek this tripcuck

That's what factories do. They have a bunch of unique parts made for their car. Only these guys can't use economies of scale to lower the price.
And if you expect an operation that small to design, cast, machine, assemble, and test their own engines then you're really being silly.

>this post
don't even have to open the thread to know this is the opposite of whats happening

heartbreaker on his phone, everyone

>It's a heartbreaker cucks himself in front of everyone episode

It's almost like I'm on /k/

Considering how excited the same 2 or 3 anons get at the idea of me being wrong about something you would think that you could muster something better than another thread of trying to change the subject and context every single post without addressing anything I actually say. This is the point in the thread where everyone has realized they aren't able to show that I'm wrong about anything I said and just posts reaction images. If I don't know what I'm talking about how hard would it be to come up with something?

Many small companies have produced their own engines, Falconer, Donovan, Genesis, it's not like they are selling more than a handful a year of each casting. That's irrelevant though, the point is it's a $20k parts catalog engine at the heart of a $500k car.