First Motorcycle

Sup Veeky Forums,
I am looking for advice on a first motorcycle. I don't need to go fast as fuck and blow my tits off and i don't need to look like i belong in some hooligan harley gang but I would possibly like to go on 1000+ mile trips. Done all my own work on my jeeps so i'm familiar with engines and shit

im still pretty young. So point me in the direction of the cool kids

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F650CS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you want to go offroad? do you want to be comfortable for long distance, or get there fast? how tall are you? how much do you weight?

6 ft 160

Offroad capability would be nice, not having to baby every curb or bump

long distance comfort would also be nice but not 2 concerned with that

Drz400sm or dr650

get a dualsport or a sumo with a rally kit

a 450+ if you plan on long trips

dr650 looks good and capable just really dull
any cool ones youve seen? I like to work on my vehicles diy style shit

supermoto with monster stickers

kek

WR250X good? Or 2 edge lord

nah. they look really gay imo, just like all 650 dual sports. they look kinda okay with a different head light casing+street sumo tires+without that gay rear fender+with a front fender that goes right above the tire

wr250 is bretty good but cant handle the freeway for shit and long distance would be aids.

oh shit yeah, that would blow.
Just goes 2 slow?

If you just want to absorb road bumps then a nice V-strom 650 will suit all your needs. The engine is mostly unchanged since 1999 and it's rock solid. It's too heavy to take on any serious offroading but then that's the case with any non-single motorcycle engine.
The DR650 is a shitbike to end all shitbikes. Made with cheapest bargain bin components but with much more steel than needed it perfectly encapsulates colin Chapman's design philosophy of "simplify and add weight"
But really, that's the kind of progression you should make. No matter what bike you get as a first bike it'll always be "A first bike" and you'll feel the need to upgrade from the first bike, whether it's a 250, 650, 300 or a 600.
Your first bike should be a bit shit so that when you get a half-decent one it'll feel like an upgrade and you'll be happy.
Tldr: buy a dr650 or equivalent and start saving up for a dl650 or equivalent

I've ridden a WR450X with mawds and it is a sick bike. stock clutchless wheelies, takes off fast af, and fuel injected

yeah 2 slow for me. just all depends on what you wanna do. you could probably do freeway speeds redlining it

thanks user

Try a vintage Honda.

Adventure Bike desu

Are those good for beginners? They have a ton of power and do 11s or better in the 1/4. I kind of want one but have been going back and forth between them and a dual sport since I have no experience.

Most bikes only have power available when you really twist on the throttle.
So even for a begginer its not bad as long as you dont act like a tard

Im not op but kinda in a similar situation cept my non car person spouse needs to be able to use it

I was looking at a grom because its small and i can afford a new one

If you dont need to go faster than 45mph... sure...
There are better bikes for the price though.

Scarver 650

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F650CS

>Cheap as far as BMW goes
>easy to work on thumper
>belt for easy replacement
>actual storage options
>pretty good hp for a mild engine
It looks ugly but it grows on you.

And it will fall apart and leave you stranded

>implying

>search broken bmw f650
The horror!!!!

>search broken CBR 600
well this is a SFW board so i can't post gore.

Yeah cbr is junk too

every motorcycle is junk

Pretty much. But bmw is china tier

Nah m8 BMW is yuro tier which isn't much better but Kawa and Hondurr is China-tier.

>honda and kawa aren't any better than bmw

yes they are faggot

>taking the b7

congrats on the +5 reddit points I guess

>mad

I would be too if I were a bmw fanboy

>taking the b9

see

see

see

Good day.

You won't have one if you ride a bmw

I ride Honduh

you will win the championship then

>mfw

How can Honda keep winning motogp and still dare sell an 8 year old bike as their top of the line model

Don't fix what isn't broken.

But the current fireblade was broken

in what way?

too heavy for new jew

Notorious for valves getting destroyed in pre 2013 models

pre 2013 fireblades are not current models, they are pre2013

are you a retard?