Did I fuck up? I just traded my 98 S10 Blazer for this 89 Mustang . It has the 4 banger and it's auto...

Did I fuck up? I just traded my 98 S10 Blazer for this 89 Mustang . It has the 4 banger and it's auto. Am I absolutely retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

esslingeracing.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's the perfect candidate for the eventual V8 swap.

put a esslinger in that bad boy and laugh at stock 5.0's

On the surface, yeah. It kinda looks like it.

What was the mileage on the S-10, what's the mileage on the Mustand, and what problems do both have? And what the fuck made you decide to make this swap in the first place?

a what? I'm not familiar with that.

Basically a heavily modified 300 to 350hp race engine.

esslingeracing.com
most guys go turbo but n/a motors can scream

Blazer had 153k
Mustang has 200k, rebuilt at 170k

no I've just never heard that term before. I just wanna toss in a cheap v8 without fucking with too much wiring. so I'm guessing carbureted is what I'll end up doing. and a 5 speed. unsure what exactly I'll use. any suggestions?

any ford sb? kinda defeated the point of the light 4 cyl stang. might as well have got a lx or gt to begin with.

If you want carb'd and no wiring, your best bet is an old school Ford 302 with a T5 behind it, which is what originally came in Foxbodies.

Most guys nowadays use either EFI Ford smallblocks though. Other options would be a big block (which is awesome, but heavy and useless outside of a dragstrip) or an LS, which would probably be too much wiring for your taste, unless you completely revamp it.

so if I go carbureted then all i need is the engine, T5 and whatever ignition system? I'm a college student on a ramen budget and don't have a dedicated workspace. but I'm in my schools automotive program so im not completely green

aaaand you fucked up. Just drive the car till you have stable income and space.

Veeky Forums isn't your fucking blog

>Did I fuck up?
Yes

Then go back to arguing about how shit the Corvette is against the GTR. I'm sure those threads are really loosing views cause of my thread. Or perhaps your more of a Euro vs Domestic kinda guy?

Your post is garbage, gb2 reddit

You still haven't said what drove you to make this trade.

I just didn't like the Blazer. I didn't need the space

> getting this assblasted over a thread

Worth about the same, Mustang will handle a lot better despite the memes you might have heard. Mustang has back seats. S10 had more utility and probably projects a better image though foxbody image is changing. Fox will probably appreciate more in value. If you personally like it better it was an okay trade unless the S10 had a good engine. Do S10s even have good engines available?

yeah you are

a V8 S10 would be cooler than that shit will ever be will looking better

where I live a 4cyl mustang is worth about 1200 in good running condition

You fucked up I think.

LMAO THAT CAR LOOKS FUCKING BORING

>mfw people in the 80s leased this ugly piece of shit car

Big turbo and e85 or methanol and fuel system upgrade

what would you recommend to help fix the late shifting with the auto trans? it shifts at around 5k instead of 3-4k.

If you aren't swapping the motor and trans, yeah, you Fucked up

No clue. Mine's a manual. Someone has probably changed your gearing to try to get more torque out of the 4 cylinder.

> boring
No
It is pretty ugly and 80s, but not boring.

its the definition of boring and bland 80s design

You mean timeless and classic?

lol

its a basic shitbox design

The A4LD is a vacuum modulated transmission and late shifts are a symptom of poor/no vacuum to the modulator, or a ruptured diaphragm in the modulator. Examine the vacuum line going down to the trans and replace if any holes. If the rubber hose is soft due to fluid contamination that means the diaphragm in the modulator is leaking and the modulator needs to be replaced too.

Nah. You find me a car that I could mistake for a 86-93 mustang GT hatchback and I'll agree with you. You're just wrong.

nah

you find me an 80s car that doesnt have the same basic boring design

youre just wrong

Huh?I really don't understand if you're just fucking with me or what here.

>so I'm guessing carbureted is what I'll end up doing.
God I hate you people.

no

the foxbody is a generic shitbox design from the 80s

it doesnt stand out
it doesnt look good
its obviously 80s

I used to have basically that exact same car and I fucking hated it. Slow as all fuck.

>engine, T5 and whatever ignition system
Engine: If you can find one still just get a late 90's Explorer 5.0. It won't have forged pistons but if you're not doing a power adder right away that won't matter. It will have GT40 "P"s so that does limit header choice some but it's not a big issue.

T5: You want a WC 2.95 box if at all possible. It's stronger and if you're running any kind of gear at all the 3.35 will have you rowing the box like a galley slave just to get across an intersection

Ignition: I've always run a Duraspark distributor with a 6AL box and never had a problem over literally hundreds of thousand of miles. Downside to the Duraspark is that recurving the mechanical advance is more difficult than it really needs to be. Plenty of info online about how to do it so I won't bore y'all here

Swap in a T-bird Turbo coupe engine and 5 speed manual.

so upon further inspection I have the A4LD trans. so at this point I'll probably just drive it until I can save up and find something a little more modification friendly. but thanks for the suggestions.

If the body is clean it's worth it. Fuckers in south FL try to get 5k+ for foxes in shit condition