OFFICIAL BRITBONG Veeky Forums THREAD

OFFICIAL BRITBONG Veeky Forums THREAD.

Why do people find it so fucking hard to stay in their own lane around roundabouts / Why are the standard of driving so shitty in this fucking country Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ewAqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>brexit made it easier to import a d-type kit car
>still poor and can't afford it anyway

Why do all motorways have to be "smart motorways"?

Whats wrong with normal motorways? They work, why fix them if not broken?

/rant

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT?!

REALLY?!?!?!

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even know the difference anyway desu senpai.

Is it something to do with computer controlled speed limits, judging traffic levels and stuff?

The only real reason we would need some shit like this is because most of the drivers in this country are fucking retarded and don't know how a motorway works in the first place.

I think mandatory retests should happen every 7-10 years.

It's because you're driving on the wrong side.

>Hurrr durr
>We drive on the RIGHT
>Because we know we're on the RIGHT side of the road
>RIGHT SIDE
>Not WRONG SIDE
>RIGHT SIDE

On my way to work on Friday I saw someone get confused coming up to a roundabout and drive into the oncoming lane, someone come to a complete stop on a dual carriageway entry slip road and someone driving at 50 in a 60 zone keep that speed up all the way through a 30 zone.

Do you live near London by any chance?

I swear everyone in the South East drives like a fucking retard.

You seem upset

Probably Muslims.

nah, East Midlands, not experienced London driving thank god

Brit cars are the most unrelibale cars ever built

Range Rover/Land Rover is literally the biggest piece of shit ever built

Due to poor British iron they rust twice as fast as a normal car

They're the worst for depreciation.

Because putting up electric boards is cheaper than putting in extra lanes. Smart because they tell everyone what lane has an accident in it so people can pull over to look or continue driving in that lane (driving through a red x should be an instant disqualification from driving)

Im in the South East a lot, probably because too many Poles and passive aggressive rangreverr drivers

I hope brexit allows us to make defenders again so I can use crying liberal students as my crumple zones

OOOOOOOOH THOOOOOOSE Motorways.
I drive the M4, M25 and M1 all the time, so I literally ONLY drive on "Smart" motorways.

I don't even think poles are that bad. Fucking Ranggggggggggggggerovers, bmws, audis and fiat 500's are literally fucking cancer tier cars now. I automatically think they're probably going to cause an accident/do something sub-human when I see them.

>may be getting my grabdparents' Peugeot 107 when they get a Nissan Note
>Tfw this would be the first car I could truly call my own, unless I buy a car before the end of the year which is unlikely

The car share is ending. Then my life can truly begin.

/Blogpost over

Grandparents*

Turns out it is a pain in the arse to type on my new phone with this case on

>tfw no Justyposts in here

Checked

Did someone say Subaru Justy?

Gentle reminder that we literally just had a Brit meet, and another is being planned to a drag strip in September.

Post group pic or GTFO

RWYB at Santa Pod by any chance? that would be fucken mint

What the fuck is wrong with mums in 4x4s?
I was almost forced into a hedge by mummy dearest in her Volvo twatwagon when she came wiiiiide around a narrow bend we were on.
Fucking stupid. She couldn't even see over the steering wheel properly, people shorter than 5'4" should be forced to drive smaller cars

>on the motorway or an A road in the 2nd lane to overtake
>I'm coming at a speed of about 80 - 85mph
>car in the left lane decides to overtake the person in front of them as I'm getting closer
>have to slow down and stop my cruise control.

I just don't get why these people leave it at the last minute to overtake when someone on the outside lane is coming at speed faster than they are.

Both of these fucking things happen to me all the time.

Glad I'm not the only one.

We need mandatory retests every 10 years to hopefully get these sort of cunts off the roads.

Also, I think drivers licenses should be treated like bikes. The amount of fucking morons with SUV's/4x4's that don't understand how large their car is, or how to sit in them properly is astonishing.

Bongs still make cars?

Staying alive.

They are going to stop anytime now.

They should make people take motorway tests as compulsory because some people are absolute idiots on motorways.

Protip: They're not even 4x4s, glorified hatchbacks on stilts with optional awful wheel drive system

Mad because I like offroading and these people have ruined everything

I tend just to undertake everyone at the speed limit on a general cruise, again it's passive aggressive SUV owners and idiots clogging up middle and outside lanes

Rate me sierra lads. Hadn't have the time to take off the nigger wheels that came with it, plus needs welding but really not bad for £500.

1.6 Pinto with the five speed, so that engine suffers.

sick whip bruv. get a whale tail and cossie badges innit

When in September?

>/rant

You on PistonHeads?

Also the standard of driving in Glasgow is fucking shocking. Worst I have seen in this country so far. Everyone drives in the middle lane under the speed limit when the left is clear, everyone drives very slowly, and no one indicates.

Can't wait to leave this shit hole.

Whale tail wouldn't work on a sapph in it. But i'll probs get a few cossie parts such as grille and spoiler, but some wellers @ 14 inches probs going on it

Its my first car too, maybe in the future i'll learn to drop a cologne V6 in for easy drift fun. Its eventually what I want todo with it anyway.

Can't argue with that for £500. hardly see any of these any more.

Careful not to over rev it, mate of mine went through 3 Pinto engines doing that.

its just some new way to get more tax out of us road users
oh god don't get me started on 4x4s they think they own the roads around me never use passing places that are right fucking next to em they just sit there in the middle of the fucking road Iv got nowhere to go a ditch on one side and a brick wall the other fuckin fags

Yeah defo, I mean it had sat in a breakages yard for around three years as the guy who bought it was gonna use it as a spares car for a Cosworth, but he never got around to it and decided to sell it off.

The pinto starts instantly on first turn so its p great, about 88k miles. There's abit of oil (I think, atleast greasey shit) around the rocker cover and me dad said it would be the rocket cover gasket needing a replacement, is he right?

Very possibly, but if the car is running fine I wouldn't worry too much about it in the mean time and just keep an eye on the oil level.

Always forget these are RWD, too. Is there much welding to do? Sills I assume?

Definitely so, take alook here:

imgur.com/a/ewAqo

The seat anchor is an easy fix, there's universal replacements you can get, but I'm kindof stumped what degree of rust will fail the MOT.

That stuff in the footwell is a difficult piece of metal to cut and replace, so i'm abit stumped.

why does that focus have bonnet vents?

The seat anchor looks like the worst bit, floor could be a lot worse.

Fortunately I have never had to learn to weld as my cars have different problems to rust, but that looks like it is worth saving.

Could always do it the pikey way and just clart it in underseal for the MOT.

Have you had a look at owners forums? I bet quite a few people have had to deal with that before, could get some pointers there?

Floor is generally ok, I think someone stuck some anti-rust shit in the sills beforehand, but it's just near the front where the rust has appeared and seeped in from the front left wing, I'm just curious about what amount of rust would pass an MOT and whether they'd open up the carpets to see it.

I'd strip it back with rust remover then see what's what. it's just an awkward shape to create.

Still better than America, where they fall off the road every time it rains.

B-but muh racing line!

Hampshire is worse, but London is a cancer of shit-driving immigrants. You can tell it's them, because EVERYONE changes lanes by Slough, without indicating.

Morning bongbongs.

Has anyone undersealed thair car yet?

Done mine a few days ago, inb4; rain and floods. :^)

Fucking S L O U G H though :/

Literally the biggest shithole in the UK.

Only the Germans make more in Europe

is that TWIN CAM?

Driving is actually bloody good in general.
It does depend where you are though.

I've lived in a few places, but Dorset is by far the worse.
My theory is that the nanny state here (traffic lights on every junction and roundabout, cameras to make sure you don't jump the lights, speed cameras everywhere, stupidly slow speed limits etc) makes people incapable of driving with any real skill because they never have to make any decisions.
They just wait for a light to tell them if they're allowed to go or not.

People have a mini freak out on every roundabout with no traffic lights and just stop dead!
Oh, and no one knows how a dual carriageway works. I end up undertaking people because they insist on overtaking fresh air.
Wankers

>Oh, and no one knows how a dual carriageway works. I end up undertaking people because they insist on overtaking fresh air.

That's one of my hates about people.

>been driving for over a year
>exclusively small towns and long country roads
>need to drive through leeds city center
>using google maps as a satnav
>balancing phone on my knee
>fucking lanes and lights everywhere
>couple people beeped at me

why would anyone choose to live in a city? Can't even imagine how bad London must be

Anyone here in Derby?

it's where my job is

Single cam mate

It's still being decided. Post an email address like a tenminutemail one or something and I'll invite you to the Brit/o/ chat and we can discuss further.

It's too big for Veeky Forums, thank you for your Bextorposting though

Resize it/upload it somewhere or I won't post any more sophs

Uploaded it in our slack chat m8, post email for invite

britloli is bestloli

Gone and bought myself some floor mats and a parcel shelf for my Clio, but I'm away for the week so I won't actually get to see if they fit for a while which is a bit annoying

it isn't that bad
I drove into Manchester city centre twice fairly recently with just over a year of having my licence. If you look at the route on google maps beforehand and take a look at street view, its easy

Nottingham here.

I know that feel. That's my biggest fear when driving in other cities. I have to google maps + street view to make sure I don't do something stupid.

>Want a car with more than a 1.6l engine
>Better buy a car made before 2001 unless you want to pay £500 a year tax

There aren't a great deal of people on Veeky Forums from east mids it seems

>been looking for a new car
>went to see a 330ci
>garage was run by gypsies
>car was fucked
>went to look at Clio 172
>Garage owner wasn't even there
>car was fucked

Any tips for not giving up and driving my shitty Civic forever?

>driving my shitty Civic forever

I hope you're not talking about the FN2 civic.

It's a type s, same colour as this one too.

Only until April 2017, then everyone pays about £150 a year.

I got it in a nice orange version. Nice to drive a car in a different colour to the other Civics

I like that shape but there is no equivalent to my car, only slow shopping trolleys and the Type R

I wanted a Type R but realistically I couldn't afford it so had to get the poor mans version.

The Type R that is shape was probably in budget but I'm finding out all performance cars under £5k are totally fucked.

I could've afforded that but I really love the shape of the FN2. Luckily I stumbled across the Orange version of the Civic so fell in love with that.

>I'm finding out all performance cars under £5k are totally fucked.

My TT was £2300

I just always think hairdressers car

The two exhausts denotes this is the manly AWD 225hp model.

The TT isn't a performance car, though.

How's insurance on a type R in uk?

Does it have 150,000 miles on it or something? all the good quattro TTs I've seen are £3k+

Depends on your age and location like always.

I think it was about £900 for the year for me. I live in East Mids and when I looked at the time, I was 23 years old.

Neither is a fucking civic

>civic type r
>not a performance car
O-okay buddy

>A 180hp FWD car is a performance car but a 225hp AWD turbo car isn't

Show your working

I wasn't the guy who said the TT wasn't a performance car. Also you have to understand power and layout aren't the only things that make a car a performance car

Performance is the only thing that makes a performance car, and the TT was pretty quick in it's day.

>not posting your email to join the brit/o/ slack chat and planning shakespeare county raceway meet in september

All that means is you can get to your hairdressing appointments really quickly

That made me chuckle, bruv.

I missed the meetup back in June because I was out of the country

What was the shittiest of the boxes that turned up?

>It's too big for Veeky Forums
imgur

Someone turned up in a twin cam Starlet...

>too big for Veeky Forums
what kind of image is too big for Veeky Forums

>tfw i might get to see black will and danny in 16 megapixels

i pay £260ish for a 2.0

OK so I don't have high standards to meet if I turned up to the next meet in my shitbox

are we racing?

if so im totally there

turbo?

I'm debating whether to come on the bike and race or come in the car and just watch. Drag racing can be really, really hard on a car.

I'm paying £265 a year on a 2.0 Clio

TehBlueBear, resident oldfag, came in a GT Turbo and someone else came in an N/A.

It would be really rude to post someone's picture on this website without asking them.

here. It's a 1.8 2008 Civic and it's £180 a year.

Stoke ain't too far from Derby right?