F

F

>inb4 pontiac tomb fox

What's your favorite pontiac?

I like the grand pricks

>Just fuck my shit up
But really gm killed the original muscle car brand.

CRUZIN AROUND IN MUH GTO

Muh fire turkey
>still trying to sell it

/r/ing this pic

Neighbor has a beautiful Grand Prix that he treats like gold. Clint Eastwood's Torino would be green with envy. It's a pristine car.

anyone ever put in an AC delete kit on their 2nd gen Trans am? Mine has the ac and heater box completely removed and the rectangular hole in the firewall welded shut. It still has the ducts so I'm hoping it will be somewhat easy to install the kit.

GM should bring Pontiac back as a performance brand where you could choose to have a very basic radio unit

>GM brings back Pontiac
>Pontiac brings back the Fiero name badge
>it's a small, light, slow economy car
>people bitch like crazy, forgetting that's what the original Fiero started out as
>Pontiac mk2 does the same shit to the Fiero mk2 as the original, that being improve it every year under GM's nose until it's a true sports car
>GM kills both the car and company again for fear of it beating the C7 Vette

Im a fan of the G6 and Solstice

>fully independent suspension in an American car in 1961, several years before the Corvette had it
>optional Buick developed aluminium V8 in a car in 1961, a number of years before the Corvette had an aluminium engine
>transaxle in a car in 1961, over three decades before the Corvette had one
>base I4 ingeniusly cost-engineered by cutting the regular Pontiac V8 in half to share the majority of parts, to this day remains the largest displacement petrol I4 in a post-war passenger car
>Buick sibling's base V6 was the first in an American production car
>Oldsmobile sibling was the first production car in the world with a turbocharged engine
I admire the original Y platform more than the even wackier Corvair to be honest. The Corvair just did things differently for the sake of doing them differently, and its unique features went under with it. Every irregularity on these cars on the other hand had an actual purpose and positive effect, and most of them stuck around eventually. Independent suspension is everywhere. Turbos are everywhere. V6s are everywhere. The defining quality of the modern LS blocks is that they're aluminium and low weight. And these cars were the first from Detroit to do it.

My photo shows a 1962 Tempest, the second of three model years on this platform, heartbraker's photos all show 1963 Tempests when they dropped big blocks in a few of them to completely tear the competition a new one at the drag strip before GM would ban factory racing, kind of already foreshadowing the idea behind the Pontiac GTO.

The Corvette got independent rear suspension in 1963. So 2 years ahead of the Corvette. Not 7.

I wrote several, not seven. I was unsure of the exact date myself.

TRIGGERED

They killed it when it was slowly becoming GM's way of selling rebadged Holdens in America. I really hope they bring the brand back.

>Own a Grand Prix
>Treat it like it's a priceless family heirloom
>It's a '98 4 door so nobody appreciates it but me

all joking aside, GM really did kill the fiero to save the corvette. just look at the 1990 Fiero concept. I mean idk about you guys, but I sure as hell wouldn't buy a corvette with this sexy beast on the market. Probably destroyed the corvette in performance testing too.

I know, that's why I said it. History repeats, after all, and even though GM claimed that the "nothing can be better than the Vette" rule was removed with the bailouts, there's no proof of that because they don't HAVE any daughter companies to make cars that would kill the Vette now that Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Saturn are all dead and gone.

>Probably destroyed the corvette in performance testing too.
It did. The second gen Fieros with the i4 (which would have been the Olds Quad-4 instead of the Iron Duke) put up a fight, and the V6 powered models were destroying Corvettes on GM's own test track.

I just bought an 85 fiero its a pretty cool car

Didn't the Grand National break the "Nothing can be better than the Vette" Rule?

The Regal T-type is one of the few cars that broke that and survived, yeah, although part of that is probably due to how inherently shitty C4 Corvettes were.

I want a mid 80s to early 90s Firebird so bad, but I can't justify dropping a few thousand on it when my car is treating me well.

I hate being poor.

Just Fuck My Shit Up Senpai

Get a Fiero GT. They're relatively cheap and quite sporty for what they are. I have one and I actually like it more than the Firebirds from that same generation.

I really need to get around to bringing it back to factory condition cosmetically though.

I could definitely fuck with a Fiero. Some guy drove past me in one a few months ago and he definitely got me to turn my had.

Damn, I miss Pontiac. Say what you want about it, but I loved my old Grand Am. I almost bought another one when I was looking for a car a few years ago.

The Turbo Trans Am broke that rule aswell

I drive a G6 GT, wish I could have afforded a G8 GXP because they're awesome.

I also kinda want to get an old GTO and mad max the shit out of it.

Everyone misses Pontiac. I was reading an article recently that talked about how all signs pointed to Pontiac wasn't due to end- unlike most companies (i.e. olds, mercury, etc), they didn't have just two or three cars that were rebadges of other shit when they died, they had cars like the Solstice and G8 that you couldn't get from any other GM division.

Most reliable car Ive ever owned.

Had it for 6 years and put 80k on it without a single problem bar normal oil changes and break pad/rotor and tire replacement.

F
why do you do this to me?
;_;

>fucking up the Olds logo THAT BADLY

I'm honestly offended.

Olds' had my favorite logos up until the newest one desu

Can't forget the postwar globe logo. I love the look of that front and center on those big sloped hoods.

The last Aurora-based logo wasn't horrible, but it was definitely too big of a change from the formerly primarily vertical, horizontally symmetrical logos.

can't wait to drive a 2016 trans am next year, shit's ballin yo

;_;

I like the Saturn Sky more than the Solstice desu senpai

Did they share anything else with Saturn? All I know is the Sky and Solstice

It was a choice between killing Pontiac or not receiving taxpayer dollars. Wasn't a hard choice. I bet Bob Lutz still wishes it didn't have to be done, though.

Good night sweet Prince
;_;7

turd generation fuckbirds are so massively under-appreciated.

thy look really nice in my opinion.

Pontiac was the best thing GM ever had

that's exactly why they got rid of it

yeah can't have someone making the corvette look bad

pontiacs, like all other american cars are fucking garbage

t. volvo owner

>driving a chinese car
whatever floats your burger

>pontiacs, like all other american cars are fucking garbage
fuck you

Enjoy your (you)