>slower than a Miata or ecoboost Mustang
>worse handling than a Miata
>worse interior than cheap gookshit econoboxes
>ugly as shit
>same price as an ecoboost Mustang
>only redeeming factor is the fact that it's not FF
Is this the cuckold's car of choice?

Yes

at least its transmission isn't a weak piece of shit like the one in the ND miata

With upgraded internals and shorter gearing the new one is probably going to be faster than the ND too

>fun
>cheap
>literally set up to do drifting
>doesn't look like a hatchback
>manual
>easily upgradeable

yeah, how could anyone like this?

It's fucking slow and needs a performance FI trim, which will never happen.

this car is a tuners dream, im guessing your just too poor to afford one fox_and_the_grapes.jpg

I have fun with mine, only other logical option in NEW pricerange is Miata or WRX. Should it be a surprise a Mustang is faster in a straight line?
>only redeeming factor is the fact that it's not FF
because it being light,balanced,and affordable literally doesn't matter, why does a car trigger Veeky Forums's autism so badly?

Doesn't make the previous comment false

Because most of the people here are poorfags who can't afford a new car.

>cheap
This makes no sense, it isn't cheap and Mustangs and Miatas are the same price
>easily upgradaeable
Yeah have fun with that fucking SUbaru engine
Do you know anything about cars? A fucking stock s2000 provides more performance and fun than a modified GT86, probably more reliable too.

no. it doesn't. see, i like a fast car just as much as the next guy, but this one is simply not made to break any track records. sure, it will go faster than the shitbox next to it, but that's missing out on the fucking point

its made to be fun. and it is one of the most fun cars i've ever driven, and i have fucking M5. yes, its not as fast, but if you just want to go fast for this amount of money,look at a souped up megane, or a golf R or some shit

This thing is a budget sports car, it is the Scion iA of sports cars, but it's priced like an actual sports car.
It's just another extension of the FnF shit from the early 2000s, the owners are the same crowd

>it isn't cheap
> Mustangs and Miatas are the same price
you must be retarded

No I just don't have buyers remorse

>This thing is a budget sports car
>it's priced like an actual sports car.
if it costed an excess or 30k you would be right
you don't have a car period

lsd standard unlike the miata and 1000lbs lighter than the ecoboost.

Yep. Literally just an fr tc, gutless boyracer slowmobile. They stoplight race everything they can and then turn off when they lose to an accord

Love how the defenders don't have anything to back up their arguments

Tell me more how the GT86 is a tuner car
Tell me more how FI will completely fix it
Tell me more how YOU will completely fix it without having to replace nearly everything but the chassis

>ok I did it and modded the hell out of it with FI

Congratulations, you put a ton of money and spent a ton of time solving engineering problems to get a car that is still not a good performer compared to things like a stock S2000
>but used cars aren't reliable its not fair
What and your ghetto rigged GT86 you made do things it's not supposed to do is?

Your modified car may be OK on the street but when you use it for the track you won't be happy
>well its not about performance
>its about fun

Oh hey, a true enthusiast. Since you care about cars so much and are evidently poor, why not get an S2000 which offers much more fun, you can even do that tuner think you like.

Face it, this car isn't what you people think it is. It was never designed to be.

>You shouldn't modify your cars Veeky Forums

B-but what about "muh handling, muh feelz"?

its not made to go fast, its made to be fun

is this very difficult or something?

here the ND 2.0 sport (and who would want anything less) is £24,365 on the road. i mean i like miats and it's a great car but at that price who are they fucking kidding

>its not made to go fast, its made to be fun
So is the miata which is a better performer and a funner car.

The miata is a two seat roadster with less weight, what the fuck did you expect?

Well fun is relative, hell some people like trucks and think they are more fun than than any car can be. At which point it makes it no more special than a cheapo Honda, which can be alot cheaper. Hell even an older supra you could through around and have fun.

>the banana is more narrow than the apple

thanks, captain obvious.

Yeah I see miatas as a second car meant for fun. Though we are talking about cars that are meant for fun/sport not to DD. I had a miata and sold it, wasn't as much fun as my aw11 mr2 but was definitely a better vehicle. Now just waiting to buy another vette.

>I want to have fun practically for cheap
Mustang
>I want to have fun with little compromise for cheap on something DDable
Miata

Face it
You bought an S13 NEW .
It's a cheap shitbox that's only advantage is RWD. It's best used when you can buy one for less than 10k. Gut it. Engine swap it. Redesign the suspension, stiffen the chassis.

Stock? ECU flash with a FI set up? Don't you fucking dare pretend it offers anything over anyone else .

>Face it
>You bought an S13 NEW .
You say it like it's a bad thing
> It's best used when you can buy one for less than 10k.
since when are salvaged cars a good thing?

thats all you got out of that?

So I guess you just kind of gave up at this point huh

Salvaged cars a good for those who know enough to build cars from scraps and make them work. And since your asking since when, around when rat rods started coming around.

>Salvaged cars a good for those who know enough to build cars from scraps and make them work.
literally nobody on Veeky Forums

>miata

not everyone is a manlet, m8

>b-but the ND had more space
The ND is shit, and also costs considerably more. On top of that, mazda still refuses to ship with a fucking hard top. No thanks.

>buy a GT86
>do skids as soon as the engine is warm
>have the fuel economy of a shitbox

besides, a used 86 is only about 3-5k more expensive than a used S2k, and supras are way more expensive

>buy NC miata for 15k
>swap your favorite meme engine for 10k
>still cheaper than a toyobaru
>mfw

Hey I have a car for you its called a Mustang or go into the used market

>nowhere did anyone bring up supras
>SKIDS SKIDS SKIDS!
>this way better more reliable car is only 5k cheaper than this piece of shit man come on be fair about this

im convinced that toyobaru owners are all in the 16-23 range and have no fucking clue what they're talking about

I traded my toyobaru in for a gently used 2011 911 Turbo S and I don't regret it for a second, the 911 is way faster

>Mustang
Not as fun.
>go into the used market
I'd rather get something that I know I can depend on

>bought NC miata for £4.5k
>stuck BBR shit on it for £3k
>same power as toyobaru
>100kg lighter than a toyobaru
>roof goes up and down

Fair enough, as long as we can agree that they do have a purpose.

>nowhere did anyone bring up supras
>SKIDS SKIDS SKIDS!
yeah, thats why you buy this, and not a hatchback

>this way better more reliable car is only 5k cheaper than this piece of shit man come on be fair about this

and this makes absolutely no sense

>not as fun
Have you driven one or are you just racing spec sheets here
>depend on
Oh yeah GT86 are just reliable as hell m8

well, thats hardly surprising a top range 911 is faster than a not-very-fast Toyota

>this make no sense
That's called being too fucking stupid to make an argument but still feeling the need to reply.

Also
>Slowet than an older Mustang V6

yeah, but it's retarded that anyone would pay the price of a new toyobaru when they could get a used 911 turbo way cheaper

I like to believe that those who bought them bought them just for the chassis so they could build a sport/track car with modern conveniences. I like to think that anyways.

What is Veeky Forums's obsession with willow springs

It is the exact same people

Hey the supra was me, and I meant a 1st or 2nd gen supra. My bad.

no, im not even trying to counter argue, because i dont have a fucking clue what you are implying in the first case

well, if you can get a proper, working 911 turbo for that money, hell yeah. i do have the feeling the turbos in that price bracket are a bit run down though

oh, right. missed that part then

It's all just spoiled brats who got swallowed up in the hype and think mustangs are icky

It's a well balanced track where a pro driver test cars, it proves just how slow a BRZ is.

that looks better than any mustang, desu senpai.

>slower than a V6 mustang
>slower than a hyundai
LMAO

not just slower than a v6 mustang
slower than a FIFTH generation mustang

Yeah, for a faggot hairdresser

>gets beaten by a highschool girl's fashion accessory
The only thing this piece of shit is good for is plastering it with faggot anime stickers and driving to the hangout at the local 7/11.

>uses faggot hairdresser while driving a GT86
user...

stay triggered cuck

>ITT: buyer's remorse

why do people get so butthurt over other people being happy?

As far as I can see the car did what it was supposed to do: A cheap, fun, well-handling, and reliable entry level sports car.

>reliable
>rattly piece of shit that's falling apart by 60k miles
>cheap
>almost 30k for a """"""""""sports"""""""""" car that makes 200hp (not even to the wheels btw) in 20 fucking 16

WHY DOES EVERYONE USE THIS ARGUMENT
DO YOU THINK MIATAS AND MUSTANGS DONT EXIST
DO YOU THINK USED CARS JUST DONT EXIST

Toyobaru should have had a STI trim, coulda used the 2.0 / 2.5 boxer or even the new I4 turbo. Would be nice to see another coupe turbo on the roads other than the mustang.

>friend bought barely running Triumph TR6 for $800
>bought a M50 for $2k (can't remember exact $) and swapped it himself
>British looks with German reliability, plus it's just cool
>pretty much the original Miata (small, FR, convertible)

>rattly piece of shit that's falling apart by 60k miles
You must have gotten a bad one or something.
>almost 30k for a
It's closer to 20k than 30k and much cheaper used

but maybe people don't want to drive mustangs and miatas for various reasons? Maybe they don't want another used car because they like how the toyo looks, maybe for some people driving is more than just a numbers game.

>German reliability

I want to know the backwards ass person who didn't want a mustang didn't want a miata but wanted a GT86

>just buy a toyobaru used
How about I buy literally anyother car used

Meant for

mine needed a bit of work to get running again, it's a salvage title with 340k miles on the odo

>maybe for some people driving is more than just a numbers game.
And yet whenever whenever Toyobaru owners try to justify it over the ND it's always
> muh hp
> muh top speed
> muh price
> muh number of seats

>>German reliability
vs British? yeah

>How about I buy literally any other car used
You can buy whatever car you want, you still have to face the fact that not everyone is a 20 year old manchild street racer that needs a faster car, and instead there are people out there that buy cars for aesthetic purposes, purposes that are purely subjective. Have a nice day.

Replace "Toyobaru owners" with "kids on Veeky Forums that ride the bus" and I'll agree with you. The reality is, outside this place no one really gives a fuck what you drive.

>aesthetic purposes
we laugh at those people and shit on them whenever we can here until they leave or wise up

Mustang is heavier. Miata looks worse and is less practical.
Pick your poison

>being this triggered

>looks worse and is less practical.
nice buzzwords

>we

go back to ribbit with your faggot tier 'legion' shit

>not everyone is a 20 year old manchild street racer
He says as he defends a car literally marketed to manchild boyracers in their teens and early 20s
>there are people out there that buy cars for aesthetic purposes
>M-MUH CAR LOOKS BETTER!
When this is your only defense, you know your car is fucking shit.

>I want a practical fun RWD DD
Alright man I got you
It's called a mustang
>mustang is heavier
So we are just racing spec sheets at this point

But I don't want a mustang! I wanna be a super-cool JDM r(i)cer like the boyz in FnF or Takumi! You can't be like TAKUMI with a pigfat AMERICAN car!

No I'm just saying... I don't like any 3 of these cars but they all fit a niche that can be appreciated by all. Although the 86s almost 30k price tag leaves a lot to be desired.
>miata
>pros: ultra fun, lightweight gokart
>cons: slow, gay looking, impractical, pricey, lsd only on top trims

>86
>pros: handling, looks good, slightly more practical than miata, standard lsd, lighter than all besides miata
>cons: pricey, shit engine, ricer audience, slow

>eco or v6 stang
>pros: faster in straights and most tracks besides small tight tracks, best interior, also slightly more practical
>cons: will never be a v8, heavy, better track times but handling still suffers, will never be a v8

Maybe when the STI finally gets an engine update we'll see a update for the 86

I'd totally buy an 86 with an ej.. even fa for gods sake.

The 86 has an FA you fucking idiot. It needs the turbo that the WRX's FA20 has.

The mustang is bordering on 4 thousand pounds and nearly 190 inches long, that's not even a consideration at that size.

I'd probably take the Miata over a BRZ, but the BRZ still has the advantage of a hardtop and rear seats that fold down leading into the trunk for DD practicality.

>supposed to be a new ae86
>ae86 2,100 lbs
>gt86 2,800 lbs
What did they mean by this?

Oh god, a GT86 with the WRX engine? I would buy it in a heartbeat :(

BRZ and FRS/GT86 Already have an unturboed boxer you fucktard

NO
MORE
BOXERS
Also Subaru wanted to give this car the WRX treatment but Toyota said they wanted the NA
Toyota is fucking lazy and know nothing about what made the ae86 great

If instead of a new chassis just used some econobox chassis with modifications to make it RWD and then partnered with yamaha again on an engine people would fucking love this car

As it stands toyobaru is a 86 in name only
its a joke

>comparing anything to a mustang
>mustang

People here in Europe drive fabric seat 4-cylinder mustangs that they paid three times the American price for, and this GT86 is the cuck car? Just about every single RWD Japanese sports car appreciates in price after a certain point. This doesn't seem to be the case with Mustangs.

>hat made the ae86 great
No one would give a shit about the ae86 if it wasn't for dagumi noodleboy anime. The car was basically a shit corolla.

What econobox with some modifications could they have used? A corolla, or rav4? A corolla with the drive wheels swapped would totally be perfect right! I hate when retards try and act as if they know more than every engineer working for a multi billion dollar company

a perfectly balanced 1 ton corrolla