There is now no longer any objective reason to use a manual car anymore

There is now no longer any objective reason to use a manual car anymore.

Why?

DUAL CLUTCH AUTOMATICS BABYYYYYYYY

>Why???? How is my Manuel tranny worse than that????
It's simple, you can change your gears manually OR automatically, AND it is all done in mere millisconds from input. Saving you GAS and putting more POWER onto the wheels FASTER!

>m-m-muh feels! I want to give my Manuel a handjob everytime i get in my car!
You can SWITCH GEARS whenever in a DCT too! You will find a DCT is SO MUCH BETTER than a Manuel, and lets say you give your boyfriend Bruce too heavy of a handie and you sprain your wrist, you can let the DCT do ALL THE WORK for you! It's TECHNOLOGY.

>m-m-muh weight!
IT DOESNT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST! The amount of power conserved by the HIGHLY EFFICIENT GEAR CHANGES makes the car FASTER THAN A MANUAL! Look at the 0-60 of a modern Porsche 911 Carrera S in Manuel! ONLY 4.1 SECONDS, but when you slap a DCT on it, IT'S 3.7 SECONDS! ITS FREE POWER!

Manuelfags on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W42zsFYjZvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok but its manual not manwell

Try to be a bit more subtle next time.

What's even the point of this post?

Did you mean to type this on your blog but had the wrong tab open?

(You)

You still have yet to refute why a Manuel is better than a SUPERIOR DCT

I like the feeling of a traditional manual transmission. It's entirely my personal preference.

Have they made a DCT that doesn't shit itself in under 100k yet?

Being the only adult here who can reply as such:
PREFERENCE
People like the feel of manuals just like you might like the aesthetics of a certain brand of car. There's also a large market for manual cars so there's that too.

youtube.com/watch?v=W42zsFYjZvM

Even though it is AUTOMATIC it's basically a MANUAL so TAKE CARE OF IT and it will LAST A LIFETIME

i have yet to meat any sort of automated transmission that will hold a gear while coasting downhill for several miles non stop.

I can go down a mountain in a manual car by just leaving it in 2nd or 3rd. Never touch the brakes or gas.

Manual: you switch gears
DCT: you tell the transmission when to shift

/thread

And THE COMPUTER shifts FASTER and with MUCH LESS room for HUMAN ERROR

when my clutch goes out I can change it in my driveway. I can drop the clutch and do a burn out, clutch kicks, push start. the feeling when you execute a textbook heel toe. theft prevention. having the ability to drive any vehicle.

not paying $1000 extra for an electronic nanny to do what I can do effortlessly.

I like shifting the gears though.

BREATHING MAY BE NECCESARY FOR LIFE BUT SOMTIMES AIR SMELLS

MOUTH BREATHERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

you can SHIFT in a DCT with the PADDLES or the STICK
It takes you 800-1000 MILLISECONDS to shit a gear if you are EXPERIENCED, DCTs only take 8 MILLISECONDS

It doesn't BABY you, it IMPROVES YOU

Why are you guys afraid of FREE POWER

But I like doing burnouts

In supercars, maybe. Ford's powershi(f)t DCTs are crap.

kek
CVT for the win

enjoy NOTORQUE

who makes a decent one? NOT nissan thats for sure

>There is now no longer any objective reason to use a manual car anymore.
maintenance costs

Most DCTs are sealed units with limited service life.

A manual transmission will always be cheaper to fix.

wait for it m8 :)

best is using electricity. like a Volt.
thats right, no actual transmission, pure electric.
as an engineering perspective its the best by far.

hey it works on trains

>muh efficiency!
Lol yea that will make them flock to auto...

lol, not likely.

My damn Yaris accelerates better than my B250.

CVT ruins a car.

TESLA did something right but you can go more than 200 MILES per OVERNIGHT CHARGE on a COMBUSTION ENGINE with a DCT
When you have a PROPER JOB and are DECENT AT ALL with MONEY it DOESNT MATTER

If this tech were developed for cars more it would be pretty good. You have a gas/diesel/whatever fuel piston/rotary/turbine engine charging batteries or capacitors and running the electric motor(s), so when you want to get spirited you can run off the generator and the stored charge for extra power and not run it out in one or two laps of a track like even high end electric cars.

>when you lease it for three years and then throw it away it doesn't matter
Ftfy

Too long/didn't read, and overuse of caps

This is "LOL X BTFO!" tier posting.

Man this is true. I have had stick since I was 18. My last two cars were stick - a 06 GT and a 08 Boxster S. I drive a 07 911 Turbo with PDK dual clutch and you can NEVER shift this fast. Porsche manuals in general are probably the most refined stick shifts in the world so I have that to compare to. I regret not getting a manual due to simple fun and lower makntaince cost but DCT is a rocketship compared to stick hands down.

This is only true if your car cost over like $45,000

Economy grade DCTs are garbage and programmed terribly.

Manuelfags CONFIRMED ADHD

Yeah.. the DCT in a $100,000 car.

Not in OP's brz.

And since I'm not in a numbers war with other manufacturers, a bench racer or in the automotive press, a few milliseconds doesn't matter. The feel behind the wheel does. I'm sorry you can't enjoy that, driving a manual well is a good feeling..

very true, the only problem is the engine pretty much needs to run at just one efficient rpm, making it not seem sporty.
i can live with it, but some people might dislike it. ON paper its easily the least compromised. least moving parts, easiest to maintain

how bad is the one in the gti?

I've never cared for stick shift cars. They just aren't my thing.

I like to zip around and move when I want to move. With manual you have to re-engage 1st gear every time you stop. And doing that probably takes me a good 3-5 seconds. With auto you just step on it and you're gone.

You can also tell when you're behind somebody with a manual car because in the time it takes them to engage the gear and start accelerating, everybody in front of them is already gone. And every time you want to upshift you have to let off the gas, clutch in, shift, and reengage the next gear, causing you to slow down and possibly disrupt traffic behind you. Not to mention trying to start on hills and whatnot.

Manuals just seem so antiquated. They feel slower and less responsive compared to modern-day automatics. I don't understand the fascination behind them, automatics take only a fraction of a second to upshift whereas a manual takes like 2-4 seconds to upshift (depending on experience or skill level, of course).

Even though you have more "control" over which gear you want to be in, it still takes longer to shift and engage the gear than it would in an automatic. Most modern automatics are also pretty intuitive and are able to sense what you're trying to do depending on throttle input and the speed at which the throttle is applied.

Whenever people talk about how much they enjoy manual, I don't understand why. It's kind of a pain in the ass to do all that work to get moving and the guy next to you in the automatic is already gone. Like, why would you row a boat when you could get one with a motor on the back for the same price.

What makes a manual car enjoyable? I guess some people just like having something that keeps them focused on the task of driving, but that's really the only angle that I can understand. Maybe some people also think it makes them look "tough", or like they are a professional driver, but speaking from my experience manuals seem like a big pain in the ass.

SEE
It's MORE EFFORT for LESS REWARD

If you STILL THINK it """""""FEELS"""""""""" better you have STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

Its been less than 2 days since i saw this pasta.

and it's ENTIRELY OBJECTIVELY TRUE

DCT heat up faster and can't skip gears

DCT a shit

manual for the rest of my days

You can go through the ENTIRE GEARBOX faster than you can DOWNSHIFT 4-2

>>m-m-muh weight!
>IT DOESNT MATTER IN THE SLIGHTEST! The amount of power conserved by the HIGHLY EFFICIENT GEAR CHANGES makes the car FASTER THAN A MANUAL! Look at the 0-60 of a modern Porsche 911 Carrera S in Manuel! ONLY 4.1 SECONDS, but when you slap a DCT on it, IT'S 3.7 SECONDS! ITS FREE POWER!

Yet in affordable cars like the Ford Fiesta or Focus, DCT variants are still slower than their manual counterparts due to a lack of torque and lacking the ability to launch closer to peak torque.

So for the common man manual is still better. Not to mention it's more involving, and cheaper to service.

No you can't.

>i can't move gears

8x7= 56 MILLISECONDS

>it takes OP 1 second to shift

If it takes anyone on this earth 3-5 seconds to drop from 4 to 2 then they can't drive

No you don't have to hit third gear first.

I finally taught my wife's son manual guys.

Feels good desu.

Was little Tyrone a fast learner?

DCT Is faster
Manual is dinner.

Look I solved the problem get over it everyone fuck off cunt or I'll cut ya Centrelink payments you dog cunts

Some of the modern dcts can do a double downshift IE go from 6th straight to 4th. I know the dct on the rs5 can do that.

Every dct I've ever owned was able to hold a gear going down a hill. Sometimes you had to put it in manual mode to get that behavior but on most high end modern dcts it will do that now in auto mode.

The big issue I have with dcts is the cost of ownership. The fluid for those transmissions still costs an arm and leg at anywhere between $30 to $100 a quart. It's also very hard to find any shops that will work on them because most of the time you can't get the internal parts for them.

>There is now no longer any objective reason to use a manual car anymore.

My wife put you up to writing this, right?

Sorry, hon. My next Porsche is going to be a stick with a clutch, just like the last one. And if you can't figure that out, just drive your Prius.

If it takes you more than 1 second to shift from neutral to 1st when you pull away, you must be a paraplegic or just have shitty reaction times.

Or you could be a woman driver