So, i've noticed that we never talk about turbo/super charging/ etc. I don't really know why...

So, i've noticed that we never talk about turbo/super charging/ etc. I don't really know why, is everyone here just too poor?

Anyway, will this make my mustang explode because
>Cheap ebay turbo

ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTANG-COBRA-GT-SVT-V8-V6-T3-T4-TWIN-TURBO-CHARGER-KIT-800HP-RED-/281158316972?fits=Year:2007|Model:Mustang&hash=item41765773ac:g:v58AAOSwrmdTqdBg&vxp=mtr

>calls everyone poor
>wants to put an ebay turbo on his car

can't tell if bait or serious.

If serious, a turbo charging system for a naturally aspirated engine is not something you want to cheap out on.

Leave the turbocharging to people that know what they're doing, you fucking ricer poorfag.

is this some sort of joke,

i built my turbo kit from scratch for under $3000

Yeah, we're too poor, now get the fuck out.

thanks for the response, user

Thats what I'm asking.

>1400
just get nitrous OP

Why would you ever need to turbocharge a mustang? You should instead invest in things like coilovers, wheels, tires, or chassis bracing like strut bars

>Ebay turbo kit

No.

Wants maximum power when wrapping it around a pole.

An ebay Turbo won't blow your motor. However, the turbo could do something weird and you could end up with metal in your engine. and that would be bad.

>ebay turbo
LMAO

>Cheap ebay turbo
>complaining everyone else is poor

Toppest kek

>ebay
stop, the only thing you can buy from ebay is piping and oil lines. those ebay turbos last like 5k miles and the intercoolers are literally a waste of money.

a single decent turbo will cost more than that entire kit.
a top of the line turbo with housing will cost more than double that.

a **decent** single turbo system, for a 4cyl, pieced together is going to run you about $3k in materials with a decent intercooler and header and that's if you're frugal.

top of the line or off the shelf, 5k+

>want to boost my car
>Kits are only available in twin
Guess ill wait till I can build one myself

This
An NA mustang engine, V8 or V6 already runs at a high compression ration. If you want to turbo it, you'll probably have to get some lighter, stronger piston heads and rods.

You'll also probably have to upgrade the whole exhaust system, put in new injectors, new fuel pump, upgraded clutch and flywheel (if it's manual). To name a few.

Already your looking at around $10k before you put the kit on. Probably a lot more upgrades you will need too.

Honestly man, modding an NA engine gets hella expensive real quick.

what car, why would you not want twins?

i made a post in the general thread
my car has a tiny turbo i hate how it runs out of steam after 5k rpm.
i want to upgrade to the TD04HL-16T i have sitting here. i have all other things, like downpipe, etc installed. (but not injectors)
i want to drive the car with this installed but stock tune for a few months, because poor.
will it do anything stupid to the engine?

Ok, whats the cheapest way to make this thing go fuckin fast then. thats why I picked the turbo from ebay which was probably from china.

NITROUS
I
T
R
O
U
S

someone already posted it

Not that I'm against it, just seems a bit excessive that's all. 07 350z

Not as fun as my s/c corvette was, but can still surprise some people.

>Thinking of going forced induction
>Thing i worry about is a shop who can install the parts, but can't tune worth of shit
>If and when i go forced induction supercharged/turbo it will be a shop who knows how to dyno tune etc...

>I'm in denver

>Twin turbo
>1100

ONE turbo is going to set you back atleast $2k, this will destroy your car.

You can buy 78mm Garretts for less than $500

Twins has more plumbing and requires more tuning. A single twinscroll is usually cheaper and easier to tune and get on and not have a tuner fuck up, performance wise is another story.

being so poor, I just drive with my hood open and pay a drifter to squat on the radiator and fart into the intake. If I'm having a good week money wise, I have him hold some ice under his bung

Don't let all of these other people get you down, OP, there's nothing wrong with buying parts on eBay. Veeky Forums doesn't talk about forced induction because only one in ten posters here own a car, let alone have ever touched a wrench. What car do you have any what are your power goals? Have you done suspension/brakes/chassis stiffening/weight reduction or anything else to the car already?

That turbo kit isn't going to do you any good, though. It's missing all kinds of things. No exhaust bits, no engine management and you're going to need more to get that intercooler hooked up. Tons of other bits, and you have no way of knowing what will actually show up at your door.

Kek

Lots of eBay turbos are actually decent, look up some YouTube videos of people making 6-700 hp with 5.3s all day with eBay turbos, it's huge rn.
Just like harbor freight tools, some is good and some is junk, Google shit before you buy it because somebody else has already tried it and can give you feedback on it.

I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to cars.
I'm going to do a lot more research before I try to anything.

>Leave the turbocharging to people that know what they're doing
like the oems? or some speed shop with mechanics that decided to start bolting go faster parts onto cars?

mine's factory turboed

""""""""""""""""""turboed""""""""""""""""

aftermarket twin turbo kit for v8's are doghsit. go centrifugal with a procharger or vortech

Jesus Christ dude, have you done any research besides
>hur hur turbo

I know ISIS/ISR makes a pretty dumb and easy one for people with ka24s. I have seen videos of them doing some pretty evil stuff.

>Anyway, will this make my mustang explode because
>>Cheap ebay turbo

No it will explode because
>Cheap ford motor.

Anything with two banks of cilinders deserves two turbo's.
Any bank of cilinders with more than 4 cilinders can take advantage of two turbo's.
Any bank of cilinders with more than 6 cilinders should have two turbo's.

i don't see any reason this kit would be bad

ball bearing turbos with a proven design

what would really fuck you over would be tuning and fuel if you're looking to go over 9 psi. you better spend good money on tuning when you're trying to boost an n/a engine because if it runs lean and pre-detonates, you're fucked

i have a few friends who run budget turbo builds that run more than 500whp, but they either take it to pros to get tuned or run rich as fuck and smell like gasoline

i make almost 80k before taxes and i still don't have enough spare cash for a proper turbo + aftermarket ECU setup. the rent is too damn high

To be fair, 5.3's take stupid amounts of boost like a champ once you open up the ring gap to 35 thou.

>All the lag
>None of the peak

Although CVT-powered centrifugals should be good eventually.

>the rent is too damn high
Move somewhere cheaper then.

everywhere cheaper is stupider

Because if you live in suburban hell like the overwhelming majority of the US there's no twisty roads to use those on.

i live in the foothills of the Appalachians

why do you people even wake up in the morning knowing you don't have awesome american togue to enjoy

Well, when you've got endless miles of state roads to treat as a budget autobahn suddenly 800hp in a street car isn't that excessive.

what ECU are you using? if the td04 isnt massively bigger it should still be within factory parameters.

alternately, the "running out of steam" could be the turbine being too restrictive with high exhaust flows. depending on the model of your car etc, it may be more beneficial to get the turbine back-cut

pity all that boost is going directly into the crankcase

It won't once the rings heat up and expand. Sure, when cold, the gap is significantlybigger than stock, but at operating temperature, it's identical to an n/a unit with stock rings gaps - the rings expand further with the boost and heat that's added. You open up the gap to prevent the rings from butting up (the ends touching each other) at that operating temperature, otherwise you'll have piston land failure.

you are probably right but i already bought it.

I got an ko4, high performance air filter, new clutch, new brakes and an Remus exhaust system on my 328ci. Am i missing somehting that i should replace for more hp?
sport