Oils and oil filters

>What are your go-to brands?
>Penzoil and WIX filters for me

Also, my older V6 recommends 5w-30 but I only have 10w-40 sitting in my garage. I live in +95°F area every single day. Is it ok to use just this once until December or should I just man up and shell out for 5w-30?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>wix
>god tier
lol

Carquest filters.

I didnt make the list but I saved it because FRAM is where it belongs

Fram that low. kek

What problem did you have with Wix?

He's just an idiot.
Donaldson, Amsoil, and Wix are the best you can buy.

what about OEM filters?
I really liked Hyundai and Kia ones they fit snuggly and seal really well

OEM filters are often made by one of the manufacturers on the list, same goes for batteries, coolant, etc. there's really not as many manufacturers of consumables as you would think. If you like those brands filters look into who makes them.

Motorcraft or Wix on my Fords, Wix on Toyota

Purolator has had a lot of blowout problems. That's from people on forums specializing in oil and lubricants. Most 4channers wouldn't know as they never open up their spin-on metal case oil filters to inspect them. But those enthusiasts do, and there is a statistically high percentage of purolators that get a tear in them. Of course, that means a lot of the dirt gets agitated and then flows through the torn portion. Purolator wouldn't comment or acknowledge the problem.

My go to brand is 10W-60 with Mann oil filter
Everyday all day.

Rotella T6 + Mahle for my E36 M3

Cheapest 0/5w-30 Synthetic on Clearance + Motorcraft for my Civic EX

Castrol PowerRS Racing 4T 10w-40 + OEM Kawasaki Filter (K&N from Advance/Autozone is Made in India, Kawi filters are Made in Japan) for my KLX250SF.

OEM, so probably Denso.

As far as oil, AMSOIL signature and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum are in a God tier of their own but they're both impossible to find in a retail store because they are too expensive for normies. I can only find AMSOIL XL at one independent shop, but no signature unless I pay a dealer fee. Pennzoil Ultra Platinun was briefly carried by Walmart of all places but now is online only on amazon and Walmart abandoned it.

What's wrong with Frame? I've used their ultra synthetic filters before

Wasn't ultra platinum replaced by platinum high mileage? What's the difference?

>What are your go-to brands?

The archived Veeky Forums thread on oils and related items including informative URLs is at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/

>Pennzoil Ultra Platinun was briefly carried by Walmart of all places but now is online only on amazon and Walmart abandoned it.

Pennzoil Platinum ULTRA is available in 5 quart jugs at walmart.com which means you can have it shipped to your closest walmart for pickup. If not available for shipment, contact their customer service and ask them to designate it as available for pickup at a walmart retail store.

As with other past items not available for pickup, if enough people ask for it, then it will happen.

>shell out for 5w30
It's like 16$ for a 5 quart jug dude don't put 10w40 in your car

OEM filters. I work at a Infiniti Dealership and the filters we use on the V8's are the same filters you can use on a KA24. I just take 1 about every 2 weeks. Saves like $10 and I trust the OEM filters.

Exactly what car requires that weight oil?
Don't tell me you use it because muh oil leaks or muh high mileage because that's just stupid

2000 Honda Civic

You are fucking stupid if you put that oil in that car. It requires 5w30

but Veeky Forums told me to do it

>shell out for 5w30
A five quart jug of Mobil1 Full Synthetic Extended Performance (not extended mileage) is at walmart for $24. The full synthetic Pennzoil Platinum 5 quart jug is 22.97 at walmart too. For such a low cost compared to buying in one quart bottles, you get high quality name brand full synthetic.

>but Veeky Forums told me to do it
You mean a TROLL such as alphonse or one of those other two regular trolls told you to do it. There were others posting in past threads saying don't do that. But you chose to believe alphonse or the trolls.

Those trolls don't just post mockery, but sometimes post bad advice for their personal lol. They make lots of new shit threads too in order to drive out the slow but good informative threads.

They seem pretty dedicated to making things go bad for people. They can't do it on moderated forums because they'd be banned.

>You mean a TROLL such as alphonse or one of those other two regular trolls told you to do it.
no it was Veeky Forums, apparently you people don't know anything about cars.

That wasn't me.
The reason I use 10w-60 is for this

The OEM filter I use for my Toyota is "Denso" but made in Thailand, so who knows

>filter
napa gold filter
>oil
generic napa 5w30

>a company cannot manufacture outside of its country of origin
what year is it in the time you live in?

OEM BOYS

>manufactured in japan

im gonna call my Suzuki hookup tomorrow and ask about Oil.

You have no reason to put 10w60 in a car that requires 5w40