Why are you not traveling your country and getting /comfy/ in a campervan Veeky Forums?

Why are you not traveling your country and getting /comfy/ in a campervan Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

decatur.craigslist.org/rvs/5674370643.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the FUCK are you supposed to pay for gas?

Work online in data entry. It's monotonous work, but it does pay. Well, enough for food, gas, insurance, and a little extra.

How the fuck do people spend $1000-$2000 a month on their mortgage or rent?

I plan on doing a travels with charlie type roadtrip at some point with my 65, I just need a camper and a dog

and money

by having a job, but usually you need to be present for said job

Leaving this Thursday

Jerry can in living quarters...
yeah nah fuck that shit

I may well be living in a truck once I've finished college

>tfw no flip pac
do they make them for long bed?

where does she pee&poo?

But seriously i'm from europe, i know a shitload of people with campers and carevans.
I have had many such vacations.
my opinion is that you have to be a special kind of retard to like them.

>the cost of buying a decent one is huge
>the fuelprice to pull or drive one is huge
>the maintenance cost is huge too because these things break faster than chinese built cars
>if you go on a trip you need to pay for a place to set up.
>when your not on vacation you need to place to store your fuck huge rusting mobilehome
>its small, like really small, you will smell the people because your so close to each other, the giant farts of your father will sound every nigh a few inches above your head, the giant shit you mother takes on the toilet will leave a taste on your food hours later when you are eating because its a like half a meter from where you are eating.

when you add up the buy cost of your mobile torture house, the maintenace cost, the fuel price, the cost of putting your very own hell on wheels somewhere on vaction, you will realise pretty fast that a trip by plane to a hotel is a lot cheaper.
And it feels like a actual vaction.

they usually are in the shower area

There are jobs that don't require you to physically be at the building.

Yep, 5' 6' and 8' models

Adventure Trailers is going to make these things for long beds soon I hear. Much beefier than the FP but I don't like the reverse opening (having it functioning as an awning is nice but would be harder to open and get into the bed)

I have one, but most jobs aren't like that.

only in the US.
the EU toilets are in a single room or not at all for the smaller ones.

Ok? Then shut up.

As soon as 12' wide camper vans become legal/useable and I find a way to not look like shit when I only have 2-3 outfits.

awesome. I guarantee I can't afford it though lol.

odd question, do you know how I could use this to test if my tail light and tail light socket is working?

I really want to this in a diesel Mercedes Sprinter or a Ford Transit. Seems like it'd be a fun way to spend a year after college.

Im hoping the get a class c motorhome by the time I retire

Those Harbor Freight "Cen-Tech" meters can be inaccurate. When I tested the HF meter I got for free against resistors I already knew the exact values of, it was off by a bit. Also, the test leads they give for the meter cannot be used for that 10 ampere ampmeter of theirs. The wire would get really hot. I have not opened up the case yet, but I bet the inside wiring would not be suitable.

Cen-Tech multimeters meets my definition of minimal quality.

>do you know how I could use this to test if my tail light and tail light socket is working?
How could you not know? Turn the lights on, see if the right voltages are being delivered to the socket.

That stupid animu picture is actually one of the best camper conversion designs I've seen

The problem is that the roof of that van has to be about 9' for a 6' person to fit in the shower - and every van with a roof that high looks like it has downs syndrome.

Because it's fucking inferior to anything. You have to clean and empty it yourself, it's expensive, it's shit to drive, and you have to pack everything up before you even think of moving it.
Better alternative is a nice car and hotel rooms. You literally have to stay in them for MONTHS ON END before you come close to being able to have saved money with a campervan. But then you're factoring in the better MPGs of your car, which makes hotel rooms cheaper once again.

Fuck.
Fucking.
Camping.

Hotels are lame af tho.

It will cost me less to stay in hotels and travel for the next 20 years than to buy a new campervan.
Shit's an expensive hobby.

Sport chassis > campervan

Eat freedom weeaboo

Can you take your hotel room here?

Better than going everywhere at 50MPH because you get the wiggles any faster.
Better than never enjoying a road because you're driving upwards of 5 tons of fibreglass insulation and ladder chassis.
Better than paying £10 less a night for literally a patch of ground.
Better than emptying your own shit from your vehicle.
Better than a prep time of over an hour before you can move, emptying water out into specific holes.
Better than putting up with boomers and old people at caravan sites.
Better than never being able to corner at more than 5MPH because you might break something in the back.
It's even worse if you're towing a caravan, because then you've got to drive a big heavy inefficient car and drag around a couple of tons of fibreglass that can't move on it's own.

Hotels are cheap if you only want a bed for the night, a parking space, and some breakfast in the morning.

>camper/rv
pussies living in RVs.

Been living in my car and traveling the US for about 3 months now.

Aint never going back yo. #rubbertramp4lyfe.

Because it's for poor people.

Oh you're European. None of that is an issue if you don't drive a camper and don't absolutely have to have a hotel because they aren't any woods around.

Its not about how much you make, its about how much you spend and what you get in return for it.

ahahaha way to go, posting a $100k+ dick extender that the vast majority of Americans can't afford.

Literally all those problems solved by converting a Transit van.

>mfw i have seen this truck before

he's an attention whore.

>Campers handle poorly
>gas milage
>slow

Guys, its a fucking house on wheels, nobody is suggesting you drive it everyday for your commute.

Anyways, I don't like campers because they are expensive and you can't take them too many places. You need to pay for sewage, hook-ups and you generally need to stick to established campgrounds with hook-ups. It's not my style of camping, I use a motorcycle and a tent and I camp in remote places innacessible to jeeps, let alone campers or motorhomes. You can illegally stealth camp like this or go places where you'll never be bothered, unlike with a camper where you're living with redneck couples screaming at each other all night and other degenerates who'll break into your shit the second you go for a beer run into town.

Campers might b an option for living in them long term like for retirement but shit will break and it'll run down faster than anything and you'll have issues with black mold and shit if you cook or shower in one consistently. They're made to be lightweight, not really durable. They are cheaper than a mortgage, but plan on shit to break and need parts or repairs, especially motorhomes are money pits you'll constantly sink money into.

Still, motorhomes/ trailers are an okay way to live, especially if you're hung up on being comfortable and not smelling like campfire and grease all the time.

Because I'm still plotting my billionaire business idea so I can skip the campervan and go straight to a yacht.

I have a similar camper but with a newer truck. I road trip for a week every other month. Its majestic as fuck.

I was thinking the same thing. I was gonna go to Hanes, show them they should be rolling their socks like condoms to save $$ for shipping and packaging costs, theyll give me a yacht full of cash and I'll live the life of luxury drinking scotch and playing wow

probably won't have very good internet speeds on a boat for playing wow

If I'm rich I'll make it happen

What, and sleep on the ground like a fucking caveman?
Fuck that.

Wait
As stupid as this sounds, it actually may be a faster way to put socks on

U gotta think outside the box m8, that's when they hand you yachts full of cash and babes

No, you sleep in your car. Car camping is maximum comfy.

Tried that once, and it didn't work out. Couldn't get comfy, and then I kept setting the alarm off because movement in the cabin.

That's because you have a European shitbox.

dat GMC V6

have fun, buddy!

You live in the Bay Area?

Will do

this thread is depressing

im sorry a lot of your guy's lives didnt pan out, but just know that if i ever got into a political position of power i would strike down all those who have opressed you

It's called trucking u NEET fags. And if u do it right u can make decent money.

Still cheaper than owning a campervan, and somewhere to park it, and emptying my own shit out the container.

You americunts can keep using your cuckboxes on wheels.

Don't own a camper, then. Shit in the woods, you pussy.

How does one get a data entry job, I smoke enough weed where that can be not so monotonous.

Are you owner operator, or lease, or company driver? Do you know quite a bit about company sponsored cdl training?

My dad drives for US Xpress and I've been with him on the road for my summer breaks when I was a kid since I was 13 until I was college aged and I still rode with him sometimes when I was older. I know quite a bit about the job, more than a lot of new guys. My dad sent through crst which I do not want to do. He's taught me how to drop n hook when he miraculously got a load at a warehouse my uncle manages (even though teaching me and lettting me drive was illegal).

I want to get a company sponsored cdl training through Millis, I'm only 22 also. Is this a good company? I want to join roehl, but I currently do not meet all of their requirements.

I'll just stick to covering more miles and sleeping in greater comfort, and not having to haul water around if I want to take a shower.

>Jerry can
Found the racist.

Ok Euro pussy. Enjoy your shit life, never actually getting anywhere.

I'm owner operator leased to a broker who is very good. I never was a company driver and know nothing about training or good starter companies. Hit up the truckerfag thread.
As for van living lifestyle. Yeah guy I piss in jugs n all sorts of stuff. Yeah don't pay rent ect ect.

Enjoy cleaning your own toilet, and hauling filthy water uphill to put it in a filter jug in the fridge. And draining batteries to keep the contents of the fridge cold when you're stopped.
And your shit MPG, shit handling, and lack of living space.

>Enjoy cleaning your own toilet, and hauling filthy water uphill to put it in a filter jug in the fridge. And draining batteries to keep the contents of the fridge cold when you're stopped.
I don't do any of that shit, what are you talking about?
>And your shit MPG
My shit will get 20MPG, highway, nigga.
>shit handling
My SUV handles excellently.
>and lack of living space.
It's small but it's comfy.

Euro pussy go home.

Oh shit, an RV thread. I had a question for you guys.

So, I was browsing around for someone's lawn ornament, when I came across a Winnebago LeSharo, here:

decatur.craigslist.org/rvs/5674370643.html

I did my research, and came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the headache finding a Renault engine in burgerland, but it made me wonder. How hard is it to swap, say, a 350 small block for a diesel plant, and what would you swap it for? I tried googling this, but I got a bunch of posts about people trying to convert a 350 into diesel, with is just stupid.

The term jerrycan is used officially by the US DOT and NATO both.

The DOT even has a whole chapter written defining what a jerrycan is and it says 'jerry can' every single time.

NATO manuals specify specifications for jerrycans and call them jerrycans all the whole. Guess that's what Germany gets for loosing the war, right?

Maybe when the USA loses a war here we'll have to call MREs 'Trumpburgers' or Abrams tanks 'niggerboxes' or something. Lord knows the racist terms are inventd by the victor.

Thanks, mom. Maybe youll win PTA chairperson next year, yeah?

i've been looking at used e-350 vans

slap a light 4x4 kit on it, pull the back seats out, now you have a vehicle you can take in the woods and sleep in comfortably

>slap a light 4x4 kit on it

Vans are soooo fucking hard to work on and they are top-heavy and their suspension is soft and goofy.

No such creature as an off-road van. Closest thing would be a Bronco, all rusted out and from the 80's.

Or a Mowag with a palace of pleasure built in the bed.

No but why would I want to

Old ass step van converted into a camper: yay or nay? Local craigslist has some starting at $2000

because I am an adult with a full time job

I'm a poor fuck

Please die.

America's favorite van.

RIP E-Series

>be me

i see another, what engines they have? tradesman is second best next to the econoline. but the tradesman has timeless looks

Why do you need 4x4? Vans have decent ground clearance and can go a lot more places than you might think

Is it wider than a Transit van?

mine has a 360, you could get a Tradesman with anything from a slant six to the big block 440, so that means 276, 318, 360, 400, and 440. my dad's is a 360 as well

very nice. got any pictures of the interior?

American so-called full size trucks and vans have been 2,03 metres or 80 inches wide without mirrors for roughly the last half century. I think the Transit was narrower in earlier generations, but nowadays it's 2,05 meters or 81 inches wide without mirrors. And it comes with more length options and roof options than American vans.

interior? i have no idea what that is...

Apparently the 1965 to 1986 Transits were 77" wide at the wheels. And 81" at the back wheels for the double wheel versions.

But the toilet is not seperate from the living quarters. But otherwise I'd agree.

Yes, it is, the bathroom has a sliding door.

>Why are you not traveling your country and getting /comfy/ in a campervan Veeky Forums?

It's getting pretty hard to find places to legally park the campervans. Many campgrounds are gone

As a result, you have to make reservations for campground parking ahead of time and worry that it might not be available at the time you show up due to "Oh sorry, we made a mistake and sold it to someone who paid cash at double rate so now you have to go elsewhere". The cost of campgrounds and waste disposal is fairly high now, so you'll pay more than at a cheap motel.

True, with your own camper there are no fleas, ticks, or fecal juice hotel/motel pillows because the previous sex party used them to prop up rear ends while humping. So if you only use hotels/motels you learn to bring your own pillow if traveling by car/plane to a hotel. I do that. I wash my hands after touching the cover on the bed and I toss it on the floor. Yuck. Lots of people rub their bare bottoms on it and they are rarely washed even at top hotels.

You're just making traveling in my truck sound even better.

i have a full sized van with good tint, doesn't look campery

i park wherever

>Stupid retards actually enjoy being outside and living life wtf

>It's getting pretty hard to find places to legally park the campervans. Many campgrounds are gone
Why the fuck do you need a campground? You're not 70 fucking years old.
Just park wherever the fuck you want.
At Walmart or Tesco, or by the beach. Nobody gives a fuck.

bucket seats count

>tfw I sold my 240 wagon before I had a chance to camp in it

Guys I fucked up.

That's a clean car in a nice color. Shame that you sold it but did you at least get something better?

I'm not a gypsy

Nothing screams success like sleeping in the quintessential hippie-mobile.

Yeah, the body was in pretty great shape, but all sorts of original parts were at the end of their lives and started failing all at once, so I sold it and bought a Golf for work, and have since bought a '71 144S.

You do realize that a lot of E-series and Express/Savanah vans did have 4x4 options stock, right? You can't get an Express/Savanah with 4x4 now, which is sad, but they come with a locking rear diff optional at least.