/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/, /gwt/)

Kurwa Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Join the BETA
youtube.com/watch?v=OMAfWM_D5zo
>Gameplay demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w

Patch 1.30 is out!
>Changelog
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.30-ENG.pdf

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Experimental first-person perspective mod for TW3
www.skacik.pl/test.zip

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Debug Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Gwent Standalone cards
imgur.com/a/nJ3Df
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

witcherstore.com/mobile/gwent
youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM
youtube.com/watch?v=CYhK9yiCWJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Geralt and Triss OTP

What are the theme(s) of the Witcher books, if any? What is the thesis statement?

What are the theme(s) of the Witcher games, if any? What is the thesis statement?

Are fantasy books art?

Are vidya art?

Man is the real monster and war is bad.

Man is the real monster except an ice age is also the realest monster and by the way, don't have kids.

Depends on your interpretation.

Depends on your interpretation.

>What are the theme(s) of the Witcher books, if any? What is the thesis statement?
The melancholic song that says predestined fates have no way of changing their real fates.

>What are the theme(s) of the Witcher games, if any? What is the thesis statement?
"I hate portals." - Geralt of Rivia.

>Are fantasy books art?
99% No. 1% Yes.

>Are vidya art?
Hate to admit it, but no, not yet.

Can you supply the thesis statements in the form of a quote from the source?

>Depends on your interpretation.
>Depends on your interpretation.
correct. art does not actually exist

Will we ever get a physical version of Gwent?

I would seriously buy that shit and a million booster packs or what the fuck every in a heartbeat.

Me and another friend play card games at a local nerd store every Wednesday. I'm sure they'd all jump on that shit instantly as well.

"Man is the real monster and war is bad." - Andrzej Sapkowski
"Who the fuck cares, give us money." - Marcin IwiƄski

witcherstore.com/mobile/gwent

There was already a physical version of Gwent released for all decks except Skellige.

Gwent standalone game is coming out soon, you'll probably like that.

>The melancholic song that says predestined fates have no way of changing their real fates.
Elaborate. The books are pretty critical of the idea of fate imo. Fatalism and pre-destination are not the same. Even as early as the short stories you have that "Destiny is not enough" thing going from Borch.

>Hate to admit it, but no, not yet.
game writing? Perhaps not. But it could be argued that masterful graphics or mechanics are an art. obviously not talking about the Witcher when I saw masterful mechanics. Music is also something to consider.

Somebody post that Geralt on the boat thinking about gwent image.
I need it for reasons.

Triss waifu-faggots standing over the dying body of this general.

Triss is the best waifu and deserves to be worshiped.

kek ;_;

>What are the theme(s) of the Witcher books, if any?
Deciding between the lesser of two evils.

Hi me!

>Me and another friend play card games at a local nerd store every Wednesday. I'm sure they'd all jump on that shit instantly as well.
It's no Magic. It'd get boring very fast.

I could buy that. It's not just a short story thing. Thanedd blows Geralt's perspective out of the water harder than Renfri did. Althoug interestingly Yennefer also fucked up there in doing the opposite of what Geralt would do. So who was right? What was the lesson? I'd argue that it's that they should have gotten involved far earlier, rather than at the last possible moment. But of course, Ciri's needs also complicate things...

I'm not sure there WAS a lesser evil at Thanedd, thinking about it.

Hello you!

That wasn't me, me! But I could see why you'd think it was! Hi me! :3

:3

I know one of you has it, hand over the meme.

>me
>you
>:3
>;_;

>Elaborate. The books are pretty critical of the idea of fate imo. Fatalism and pre-destination are not the same. Even as early as the short stories you have that "Destiny is not enough" thing going from Borch.

Can you elaborate more? I can't see the difference between believing in Pre-destination and succumbing to its inevitability to be different.

>game writing? Perhaps not. But it could be argued that masterful graphics or mechanics are an art. obviously not talking about the Witcher when I saw masterful mechanics. Music is also something to consider.

When it comes to videogames, some artfags claim that the real art is in the gameplay itself, the immersion and all that, I still don't see the real reason to call vidya art, but besides, art is meaningless, one can find art in a pile of shit anyway.

>It's no Magic.

I've actually never played Magic.
I fear if I did I wouldn't be able to stop.

Although I've always been more of a Boardgame guy than a card guy. We play a lot of Arkham/Eldritch, Mageknight, etc.

CD Bioware Red presents Witcher 4

I just lost five of my six senses because of your image, asshole.

>Eternal Fire, Dark Fire
>Now Triss you'll buuuuuurn

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

>playing Witcher 1 for the first time
>game is crashing like mad
>optimised like shit
>All the fixes I read evolve into "Just try your best to minimize the crashes until you complete the game"

Fuck, i'm genuinely starting to enjoy this game (i'm in Chapter 3) but these crashes are making this a frustrating experience so far.

Is it because my system is too new relative to when it released or something? This shits pissing me off. It's not just small crashes either but rather full system crashes.

>unironically playing the Witcher 1

Just watch that trash on yotube nigger

>Can you elaborate more? I can't see the difference between believing in Pre-destination and succumbing to its inevitability to be different.
Fate has supernatural connotations of higher powers meddling to see certain events transpire. Fatalism is just a cynical acceptance that one man cannot determine his own life's course.

>When it comes to videogames, some artfags claim that the real art is in the gameplay itself, the immersion and all that, I still don't see the real reason to call vidya art,
It depends on the definition of art being used. Everyone seems to have a different one. if anything that requires skill and creativity is art (as many hold, thus the "culinary arts" and similar things), then gameplay, immersion, etc, can all be art.

I haven't played Magic since Highschool but it was pretty great and addictive.

>Although I've always been more of a Boardgame guy than a card guy. We play a lot of Arkham/Eldritch, Mageknight, etc.
What'd you think fo the Witcher adventure game?

That's B&W

>tfw based Tony Jay is dead
;_;

>Is it because my system is too new relative to when it released or something?
Yes. If you have some old laptop or toaster sitting around it will probably actually run it better.

The story and voice acting were the worst things about TW1 though.

Is it necessary to beat the game (i.e. determining the final fate of Ciri) before starting Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?

Is Witcher Gear just the best gear in the game? Most Relic items just suck in comparison.

>tfw based Tony Jay is dead

T-thanks for reminding me user ;_;

>Is it necessary to beat the game (i.e. determining the final fate of Ciri) before starting Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?
No. In fact the end of Hearts of Stone can be slightly different if you d it before finding Ciri. But Blood and Wine assumes you've beaten the game in dialogue even if you haven't.

>Is Witcher Gear just the best gear in the game?
With very few exceptions, yes.

Reminder that based Michael Bell will be dead soon as well.

For HoS it doesn't matter, do it whenever.

B&W will assume you've finished the base game though, I don't think you'll be prevented from doing anything, but the story will feel kinda jarring.

Blood and Wine is set after the main story, so even if you play it before finishing the main story it will act as if you finished it anyway.

Hearts of Stone has some dialogue changes and a hidden ending if you do it before getting Uma.

And yes, don't bother with anything that is not Witcher gear.

This song is about Radovid and Philippa

>Reminder that based Michael Bell will be dead soon as well.

Reminder that Tim Curry will also be dead soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM

jdimsa

>And yes, don't bother with anything that is not Witcher gear.
There's one or two generic swords arguably better than witcher gear. Also Iris and Aerondight, for the relics. That's it.

>Reminder that Tim Curry will also be dead soon.
He looks awful after his stroke. it's very depressing.

>that vid
Man, I miss 90's gaming.

And who's the hunchback of Vengerberg? :^)

Yeah, based Tim Curry still being hilarious as always.

Should really replay the Westwood C&C games.

Ironically, in this analogy, Triss best fits the role of Quasimodo.

It's about Geralt and Ciri.

It's about Vimme and Cantarella

What's the hidden HoS ending?

You can ask Gaunter where to find Ciri and get a unique short convo about it.

Triss has a sweet bum bum.

O'Dimm will give you the option to reward you with information to help you get the "best" ending for Ciri. Basically reminders to be a good dad.

>people actually need help to not get the ded ending
lel

tfw no EE

youtube.com/watch?v=CYhK9yiCWJc

>EE
>not Content Cut Edition first
GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

You are right, user, this should be the start of some tasty fapfic.

Well, get on it, fapfic user!

It's completely fair that most people wouldn't realize that you had to let her trash the lab and pick the decision that nobody in their right would lead to a snowball fight because it didn't flagrantly say "play with Ciri".

Of course you go with Ciri to mourn and of course you don't accept the money.

And it's not obvious to everyone whether you let her deal with the Lodge alone or with you. There are good intentions behind going there with her to protect her.

People shit on the Witcher story for sometimes not being clear on what the choices mean and how terse the dialog choices are compared to something like Fallout 1 and those faults become very clear with those Ciri decisions.

How long was Olgierd really immortal? I'm guessing 40 or 50 years.

>It's completely fair that most people wouldn't realize that you had to let her trash the lab and pick the decision that nobody in their right would lead to a snowball fight because it didn't flagrantly say "play with Ciri".
The first is a bit ambiguous but you have to get three strikes to kill her. The second? It's practically "Help Ciri" vs. "kek ur on ur own lass" Only way to not get that one right is either you aren't paying attention or you're kind of an idiot.

>And it's not obvious to everyone whether you let her deal with the Lodge alone or with you. There are good intentions behind going there with her to protect her.

Yeah I can see either way and I went with her the first time but I can also see why not going helps.

Quality of Ciri parenting choices in writing terms:

1. Lodge. Genuinely difficult choice with realistic consequences on her self esteem. The urge to protect your child vs. allow her to grow on her own is a very real struggle for any parent.

POWER GAP

2. Avallac'hs lab. The writing itself is fine. The player either accidentally disregards and invalidates her feelings or turns what could have been a childish tantrum or brooding anger into a bit of fun. Unfortunately the prompts could give a much better indication of what would follow.

3. Kaer Morhen. Could have been a good choice but frankly it's way, way too easy to get it right. The choices basically amount to "I can help" or "I can't help".

POWER GAP

4. Skjall's grave. Only an idiot or someone that just hated Ciri and wanted her to suffer wouldn't take her. If you choose the obviously wrong option, Yennefer outright calls the player an autist for doing it.

5. Taking the coin. Just an autist trap. Nothing more to it.

Not in the running tier:
Stealing horses like in muh Polish expression
Fighting Imlerith vs. the Crones
Taking Ciri to see Emhyr
Divorcing Yennefer
And many more!

Probably no more than a couple years.

People knew of him remember. He also must have just recently cursed the prince because his people had just come to change him back from a toad and it had only just started eating people. And nobody really knew about the Groundskeeper in the estate. And O'Dimm doesn't seem to be the sort to wait years before collecting on a debt.

If you don't start posting some Geralt and Ciri I'm going to be pretty put out

So if Geralt is Big Boss in an alternate dimension, does that make Ciri Raiden?

Do I kill the Higher vampires or not /wtc/? What would Book Geralt do?

Sorry, my Geralt only does lovey dovey stuff with Triss.

Let them live. They literally did nothing wrong

No Geralt with Ciri!

*BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP*

But what does he do when Triss is away?

Ciri is there and able to satisfy so why deny her?

Yes Geralt with Ciri!

>But what does he do when Triss is away?
He thinks about Triss and patiently waits for her to return so they can make sweet love again.

>People knew of him remember.
By looking him up in books of prominent Redanian families. Iris's corpse was mummified and the estate was in ruins.

>He also must have just recently cursed the prince because his people had just come to change him back from a toad and it had only just started eating people.
The Ofieri part of the story is just kind of there for diversity tbqh

>And nobody really knew about the Groundskeeper in the estate.
Because he killed everyone. There's a TON of graves in there.

>And O'Dimm doesn't seem to be the sort to wait years before collecting on a debt.
He apparently tried for quite awhile before bringing in Geralt to hear him tell it. But time is meaningless to him anyway.

More like he thinks about Triss and patiently wanks off onto Ciri's face

>dat pre-downgrade screencap
>dat badass looking trailer sequence that never occurs in the game

They're not higher vampires. If they were Geralt would fuck right off. As it is he'd probably still fuck right off because 1. THey didn't really do anything and 2. Someone needs to inform all the leading authorities that it's now possible to turn a human into a bruxa.

>Ciri will never be her proper self in TW3 outside of this scene
>There will never ever be an EE
>There will never ever be a good Ciri game
>No one will ever answer Marcin's subtle cries for help

>Playing Hearts of Stone
>Wedding
>Walk from one cut scene to the next
>Dive to find a cut scene
>Use your Witcher senses to find the next cut scene

Sure was gameplay during that part

What did he mean by this?

Don't be deceived, that's Ciri suffering from the BT curse

I believe he was summoning a lub dub

CDPR learned to pick their battles. I'll never get why that was everyone's favorite part myself. Not that it was bad, but it was just a fake party. I guess it's great for people that want to go to real parties but can't? The best parts of it by far were when Gaunter was dropping exposition.

He means that he feels trapped as a king. That he longs for the simple life of a common soldier where the existential threats are obvious and in your view across the field, not invisible and omnipresent. He means that he wants to be a man, not a sovereign; but has no choice.

niggawatt? the wedding was awesome, not to count it has shani. in LEGGINS

I liked the wedding scene and enjoyed what was going on, but it was maybe 5% game, 5% walking, 90% watching and answering a handful of questions, most of which led to the same result anyway.

>Mexicans are waifufags
BUILD THE WALL

You can shit on the gameplay in any other situation but that wedding was the best thing ever. The idea that you knew Geralt was feeling like awkward garbage the entire time was incredible.

They even made the model have some stupid Superman pose when idle. So fucking good.

See? I mean, I liked it, but the love seems entirely disproportional for what it was. Guess I'm just weird. I think the drinking at Kaer Morhen is overrated too

>The idea that you knew Geralt was feeling like awkward garbage the entire time was incredible.
That's what it was like in every part in the game.

>They even made the model have some stupid Superman pose when idle. So fucking good.
That was a neat touch. A shame Doug Cockle has no range in acting.

Nah, my Geralt only ever fucks Triss, he's addicted to her.

My Geralt killed Loredo both because he hates fat people, and because the idea of elf women burning alive gives him a boner.

>but the love seems entirely disproportional for what it was.
What does that mean? A thirsty woman who is pressured to find a man gets hit on by the only attractive guy at the party who happens to be a friend and wants to fuck him? That works.

But what's so special about that that it's the highlight of the expansion and a highlight of the game for so many?

Atmosphere, dialogues, setting, Shani.

I don't know, bro. Maybe people just like to enjoy things. I can't speak for them.

>fake party
Granted most parties are plain fucking affairs with people just standing around.

But every now and then, you go to (or host) spectacular parties like that wedding. I mean where you got some people in the corner playing games/cards, people jumping in the pool, people who know how to dance dancing, an animal that has been smoking and roasting since noon, you've got a table full of charcuterie and sushi and a stocked bar, no bugs, sunshine until 8, and magically, everyone shows up on time at 4 and don't leave early.

Do you know how hard it is to gather dozens of people who show up on time and don't leave early - you can't even pull that off at most weddings. It's a fucking miracle but when you get enough of those people, maybe 30 of them; that's when you have a real party.

Given that most of the stuff you mentioned but Shani was fairly par for the course, I'm gonna guess Shani is the deciding factor.

I never said I didn't enjoy it. Why so triggered?

pessimistic user is the worst.

is there anything about the game that guy likes or he just comes here to whine about everything being shit.

what a waste of life. seriously bro, get help.

t. Marcin

>you've got a table full of charcuterie and sushi and a stocked bar,
What kind of fucking boujie-ass party has charcuterie and sushi? Do your richass parties hire fucking sushi chefs? Jesus fucking christ, that's some pretentious bullshit. If I ever went to a party that offered sushi I'd piss in their tub for having too much goddamn money.

I mean, I'm poor. So I guess the equivalent for me would be a house party where everyone is getting lit in different rooms, the entire house is in a weed haze, there's a tv on that no one is watching, there's a shit ton of open liquor in the kitchen, and there's music in the basement where maybe a handful of people dropped acid.

kek