/mg/ miata general: meghan is back edition

post/talk/shitpost about the greatest car ever to roll on this earth

join our discord group!
discord.gg/z9SK5

>after 80 days of waiting, meghan (my miata) is finally back, and running like a fucking beast.

>i feel like a space boy.

Other urls found in this thread:

rspeed.net/R_Package_Rear_Lip_Spoiler_OEM_Style_Miata_MX_5_p/na00790975.htm
wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/Miata MX-5/Newmarket/Ontario/5_28333977_ON20080123125306507/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=24_15_30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mandatory self bump

Bimp

would that wheel arch gap be too big?

tfw im a rusty baby

Also we delivery truck now

>wooden brake handle in all black interior
This triggers my autism

Dig the NB2 seats though, best upgrade I made to my NA interior. I need to bring my steering wheel closer and i'd be set

yeah i had the wood theme going but it didnt look as good with black instead of tan interior so i switched out the shift knob and wheel, trying to find something for the handbrake. previous owner did the seat swap i cant really remember how stock na seats are.

Good to hear you came to your senses. What kind of rust are you dealing with?

I'm now a retard too!
Bought this yesterday and drove it 700km home.
This car is so much fun

It's 2020. During the day, I nonchalantly ride in google self-driving cars.

During the night, I drive my little car.

._._._.

The Night has finally come

Meghan rumbles in the night with her dark paint hiding from human eyes

I waited patiently. I am used to it.

No one thought of me as a threat. After all, I drive a Miata. It has no EcoBoost.

Taylor Swift got into the ecoboost google self-driving car. It was a tight fit because the car was so small and her legs were long.

Her google car took off efficiently and drove towards her next venue.

I wielded my stickshift Miata efficiently, darting between all the google cars.

Overly polite and full of self-defensive driving, those self-driving cars made way for me as they tried to avoid collisions. I took advantage of that.

I praised the inventors of the Miata. "Thank you for not filling the world full of EcoBoost"

After all, if the world was full of EcoBoost, I would be at a disadvantage on the road.

The road isn't only for brutish ecoboosted google cars. Skillful drivers avoid high insurance rates by driving cleverly.

I often force myself to drive cleverly on the Road.

After all, I only have a Miata.

Pulling alongside Taylor Swift's self-driving google car, I noticed the model type was known to be one that refused to run over people-shaped objects.

I moved in front and pushed the button to send gas from the canisters to several blow up dolls.

They inflated immediately.

The wind picked them up and dropped then into the road in front of the google car.

True to its algorithm, Taylor Swift's google car preferred to crash the car gently into the road barrier instead of running over people in the roadway.

Take that you ecoboost Bitch!

Sure, Taylor Swift was known to go through boyfriends at a prodigious rate.

But why did she have to drop me as her boyfriend? She didn't drop me for personality or looks. The reason stung.

She dropped me as her boyfriend
when
she
found
out
I
drove
a
Miata.

Will the nose of the car be messed up when i remove the license plate? How is it mounted?
I really want to move it lower and i was wondering what will this maneuver entail.

Cool story user, needs more dragons though.

>that color
MY NIGGA.

Are all-season tires a meme or are they actually fine? Winters aren't harsh here and I have no place to hoard tires.

You fags and your hairdresser cars. FiST is a much better hoonmobile.

Nah.

If plate was mounted to bumper expect:
>small holes left behind by screws
>bumper will be flat on that area depending how tight it was screwed on
>paint will have been scratched from direct contact with plate

To move the plate lower:
>make your own bracket that mounts to a tow point
or
>buy a license plate relocation kit

Just go slow in the winter if you have mild snow.

thank m8. I guess i will be looking for a guy that can fix it.

Bruh that car is sick.
Yeah those tires are fine I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Do you even get snow or ice in aus??

That's fine, I don't want Taylor swifts pussy anyway. It's loose as fuck.

Now Zooey Deschanel can lick my balls any day.

I would say Mila Kunis but she's a 30 year old Jew.

Just bondo that shit

It's one of the things I had to deal with on my Miata, the PO mounted that bitch tight using two sheet metal screws. It currently has two holes visible from 5ft and a small black patch where paint was scratched off, pissed me off something fierce.

Get a rollbar cunt

Zooey has shit tier feet

Her sister is MILF material, I'd let her do nasty things to me

Fuck with shoes on, problem solved

Thanks lads
And it's Germany

I want to but can't find one used
This

I'm so afraid of this happening to me.

fugen wisconsin winter end my life

I would rather walk than running my Miata in the winter.

i wish i could but at least i can do skids until my car rusts apart

meant to reply to

Thank goodness this wont happen to mine

Just un bolted the fender and knocked all of this out including a whole pine cone and the broken off end of my dipstick

Shit. We should all probably check our fenders. I pulled one of mine, and even though neither are rusted, it was full of leaf debris like that.

I forget if there are any drain holes down there, but they're probably clogged. Maybe spray some undercoating on the inside, too.

yeah its pretty insane how much shit can get in there, there are drain holes in the pinch weld but yeah the get clogged real easy.

Why does rust have to exist?

to punish us for living in cold states

>Clutch cylinder goes out
>Replace leaking slave cylinder
>Two weeks later, clutch pedal drops to floor again
>Replace master cylinder
>Month later
>Change engine oil
>Month later
>Change transmission oil
>Some fucktard used loc-tite on the fill plug and it was only halfway threaded in
>They also fucked up the threading to the drain plug so now it isn't as tight as it should be, 1/3 of the threading on the bolt was packed with metal shavings
>Smell burning oil for next two days but don't see it leaking and can't pinpoint it
>Have to drive up mountain
>Surrounded by smoke when I get to the top
>NOPE, shut that shit down ASAP
>Check dipstick
>Bone dry
So anyway, when I did take another look, there was a bunch of oil around the crank pulley. Car has 88k miles - I figure I'd do the timing belt and water pump if I was going to pull that shit anyway. Also needed to change the valve cover gasket. Got all that shit done - and yep, the cause of the oil leak seems to be the crank pulley seal. Apparently the previous owner actually changed it - belts looked new. They fucked up the crank pulley seal though I guess,
>Still smell burning oil
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>He actually liked that story enough to save it
wew closetfag

it never ends , i need to do timing belt asap i dont think its ever been changed car has 140k

I know that feel. Car has 3700miles on it and I don't know what's been done or not. Just waiting for my gearbox,diff and timingbelt to grenade.

And I learned something - with a Racing Beat header and Track Dog Racing heat shield, the heat shield gets reeeeeeeal close to the OEM air snorkel. It burned a hole into it (forgot to take a pic of it oops) - I guess it also eats up the header? Guess I'm not using that anymore... and I guess I'll have to get some heat reflective tape or something to temporarily patch the hole in the snorkel until I can find a damn pipe that I can use to make a knockoff Racing Beat intake because fuck paying $200+ for that shit.
Hopefully you luck out and find out it's been done - although maybe you'd be just as lucky to find out it wasn't, lol... 140k? I would think it's been done by now. Supposedly the original belt can last ~120k.

How long did you have the headers and heat shield?

I've had the same setup for 2.5 years or so, but just checked and only have some minor surface damage on the second and third pipes. I don't have any damage to the airbox, either, but it seems I had the foresight to wrap that particular side with heat tape and it's held up well (actually caused some damage to the shield).

How bad was your damage btw? Some sanding and buffing would take care of mine.

I did valve cover gasket a few weeks ago and the belt was cracked a shit ton so its proballu fuged

What spoiler is this? Not the one on the hardtop, the one on the trunk.

never heard of stainless steel pipe brah? weld yaself up a intake snorkel. stainless dont heat up or get cold and warp like plastic does. and all done in a few hours.

rear lip spoiler

wot

rspeed.net/R_Package_Rear_Lip_Spoiler_OEM_Style_Miata_MX_5_p/na00790975.htm

>2005 NB Miata "GT" (huh?)
>Hardtop for winter
>60000km
>9500$

What do?

wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/Miata MX-5/Newmarket/Ontario/5_28333977_ON20080123125306507/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=24_15_30

lmao dat price

Why so expensive?

I can get a custom mk1 mx5 in the UK for like $3000

yeah its an R package lid spoiler

heres mine