/hou/ - Six More Days

Previous Thread: →

Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

The main event is happening on the 15th of July, but there are two things to be decided, the time(Day or Night) and which route to take to Livingston, since the circuit is very large we will do a sprint instead. Some of you are concerned about the distance, but it's pretty much the same going from Dave & Busters to 149.

THE NEWS:

- Thanks to GTIGuy we will now bring at least one chair with us.

- Two T-Shirt designs are out, if bought in bulk will cost $15 a piece, see post → → → → → → → → →

- Turbo Snail mentioned a large a Galveston Cruise happening, perhaps by then we will get everything we need to represent ourselves. Details in post → →

- Name suggestions are still open but many seem to like NIGHT WAVE or a certain variation of it.

- /hou/ seems to be at one place at the same time → →

- Many activities are being discussed right now which are outside of Veeky Forums such as gun ranges, paintball and laser tag.

- E30 is off to spread the good word across the west coast.

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
> steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
> instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5670308627.html
cohweb.houstontx.gov/ActiveIncidents/Combined.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=QTzvs99tOBY
youtube.com/watch?v=m2D1B2MB3xk
youtube.com/watch?v=tYGqCA-Nyw4
youtube.com/watch?v=u7ygHq-xmCQ
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5663779424.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m4LeqIjUiKA
history.com/shows/lost-in-transmission/season-1/episode-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Comments are getting too long now, might put the links into a pastebin.

Why'd you delete the last one?

Forgot to add a title to the post

Got those amber can lights. Looking real calm and warm now.

Cab*

Max cozy.

Someone should nab this. It's a really clean looking IS300.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5670308627.html

>7k
Even 5 speed SCs aren't worth that much.

you would get the succ if I was in the passenger seat with those lights on

>$7,000

Who do you think we are? Dracula?

autocross tomorrow morning. just come even if you aren't going to run you can ride along

i'll be there with some peoples

I'd never pay that much for a car that has all the trademarks of having been riced and beaten to death. It says 17k miles, but I'm sure it's over 170k. There's also damage over the driver's rear wheel.

That's about a $3k car at most.

When are you going to bring the DeLorean to a meet, Chad?

When I get the clutch situation fixed, go through the brakes, and get 4 new tires for it.

Probably next month.

I also want to install front coilovers, an upper sway bar, lower control arm outriggers, adjustable rear links, and a better exhaust in that time.

>this guy gets it

Why would anyone in their right mind pay 7k for that, especially since they have a reputation of being riced. It says "Highway Miles", kek that 2jz runs high rpms on the highway. There is NO WAY it's 17k. If someone is really desperate for a manual IS300, then just do a damn swap, it's pretty straightforward on these vehicles. No custom work to be done for that.

Those assclowns on the everythingbutHistory Channel really did a shitty job if you've already got to get a new clutch, brakes, and tires just over a year later.

Sorry user, I wish I could make it but I if I go I won't be able to shitpost on this thread while I'm on my toilet seat. Maybe next time, hope you have fun.

I "converted" it to a 5-speed; in the process, the engine lost 26k miles and the car seems to look like it hasn't been touched in 20 years. Though, trading cars or selling it would violate the terms of having them "restore" my car.

How would they even find out?

>Altezza Badge
REEEEE

So I picked up a radar detector today also

No idea. Still, I did agree that I wouldn't sell the car and that I would retain the title for 10 years. What I've currently done is a lot like a wish from a genie; technically within the rules, but clearly not what they intended. It's remarkably easy to change VINs on a DeLorean, by the way. 4 pop rivets and they're swapped.

So much for "I've never loved anything more in my life"

I got a $25,000.00 car for free AND my pants stayed on; I'd have said just about anything.

If anyone actually wants to hear the behind-the-scenes details, I'll tell them at the next event. Suffice it to say, a lot of filming was done after the fact to try to weave a better story.

So this is a thing.

cohweb.houstontx.gov/ActiveIncidents/Combined.aspx

Get them lips ready for the 15th

I gotta go throw out old organs all day for a living. Cleaning the blood of the living off metal shit just ain't payin' me that Chad Thundercock money.

thank fuck somebody else got one

>cohweb.houstontx.gov/ActiveIncidents/Combined.aspx
BARKER CYPRESS RD 447S 07/10/2016 00:24 Gas Leaking 0 E090

Literally weekly.

>5spd
>ricer/hoon mods
>instrument cluster swap w/ low mileage wrecked is300
>body damage
>missing hub covers
>delusional jdm aesthetic

for SC

youtube.com/watch?v=QTzvs99tOBY

>LuigiDonatello
ma nigga

Didn't get to hear it till now, been photopooping all day.

Love the beat!

I dunno what i got myself into. I should have stayed away after the huge synthwave binge i did after KUNG FURY.

youtube.com/watch?v=m2D1B2MB3xk

KING FURY sure did boost up the popularity of it, not sure where it all started to come back. Not sure if any clubs or concerts happen locally, but I would love to check it out. Also dress accordingly for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYGqCA-Nyw4

That's a bit too pixelated.

You're probably right, I'm just messing around, testing what's good and what's bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=u7ygHq-xmCQ

just a random share of some overseas silly stuff.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5663779424.html

And I said, I say, I said wew lad.

>Toyota Chaser JZX100
Ah I wish emission laws were never such a thing.

It's here... it's finally fucking here!!!
That digital cluster tho...

Maybe now I can get some more aftermarket for the SC

I wonder how much profit could be had by importing cheap shitboxes from Japan and selling them to morons for a ridiculous markup...

>Please dont waste my time or yours with LOW BALL offers.

Can someone explain why people masturbate over that car? Is it just the forbidden fruit thing? I'm pretty sure if it were sold here it'd be taken for the unremarkable looking sedan it is. Unless there's some amazing feat of engineering I'm missing.

An obscene amount. Only reason I don't do it myself is because I don't have enough startup capital.

In Japan, a lot of people drift these (like everything else), it's nothing remarkable.

>houston.craigslist.org/cto/5663779424.html
I kinda wanna grab like 4 of their tiny !GO HARD! stickers. it'd be like 7 USD and take like 15-60 days to get em

Good thinking. I'll probably buy a handful of smalls and a couple of mediums.

I personally love the design, it's basically a sports design with a wonderful chassis.

sports sedan*

Cyka BLYAT!

Not privy to this meme, but have a (You).

I'm not exactly sure how well this can explain it but. . . youtube.com/watch?v=m4LeqIjUiKA
i think it literally means god dammit bitch.

in other news, it's physically upsetting that im not fast enough to watch GS pull on turbo nerds.

ANUUUUU

CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

BLOWOUT SOON, FELLOW STALKER.

Off to sleep now, night!

>Good night W ave

desu, I like it. It gives off that 80s retro pixelated feel.

I like the typeface used here better than all the other choices.

Sorry I can't give more constructive feedback, but the others seemed off.

That's 90s pixelation.

The 80s are played out. We SNES now.

I like where you're going with this.

>SNES 16-bit as our aesthetic

Aight, yeah. I'm cool with this.

>page 7

everyones sleepy or lazy user.

That shit looks like a prerendered late 90s videogame environment. do want

Wrong link

Hello Veeky Forumstists

Night Wave is a dope name. Stickers when??

When we have a better font.

Still looking for better fonts

free up the 15th on you are calendar boys

Who you calling a calendar normie

I may look and sometimes act like a normie but im far from one

Your a calendar btw

Kek, look at you Houston fags, so full of yourselves.

Somebody needs to make a version of the war boys praying to a calendar with the next Houston event circled...

Back from autocross wew

I saw a black celica in GS class there was that one of you guys? I vaguely remember someone here posting a celica at autox saying they used to go

Kartfag owns a black Celica.

your full of you're self

>acknowledging a blatant shitpost

>inb4 rain again

>not enjoying the free bumps

this guy gets it.

Shouts out to the woodlands

Woodlands is a shit

Coming out soon ™

Make it an SNES game.

That's not even the right aspect ratio.

He DID originally make it as an old-school computer game, user.

Retro 16:9 waseinburgerring track preview picture for AC mod when?

As soon I can get a nice daylight shot there, since the one I used was from google maps, it looks alright but not great.

Google street view?

>history.com/shows/lost-in-transmission/season-1/episode-1

Lmao Drac, you're like the opposite of a Chad

Yea man

>tfw one of /hou/'s bullshit nothing threads are more interesting, productive, and organized than Socal trying their hardest

They're both cancer

We've already beaten NorCal, they have been on the same thread for two weeks as for us we have to keep making new ones every 3 or 4 days. SoCal is still new comparatively to NorCal so it may take them time to get organized. We've come so far and that just proves how much potential we have as a group, we just keep growing both in numbers and in productivity. /hou/ has become an unstoppable force

whelp, back to our regularly scheduled programming of GM BTFO, ford gt threads, what went wrong, /dat/, what car is good fast cheap and reliable for 5k, yeah thanks but no thanks ill enjoy having live action neckbeards talking about Veeky Forums related shit

You forgot this

Oh, so it's just us and Norcal?