/rwg/ - Rimworld General

attack of the puppers edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

previous colony

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16098.0
youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for 1 on all jobs for all pawns in manual priorities

>using manual

>Make Burning Man colony
>Start stockpiling drugs
>Eventually have a pretty good bit of everything stockpiled
>Force everyone onto a massive bender
>Run out of drugs
>Luciferium withdrawal starts setting in
>Everyone dies
>MFW

dat reverse /kspg/ of 4 years ago

>using mechpleb
ever consider watching a movie instead

landing a vertical rocket on its tailpipe manually is the most fun thing

>trader comes by during toxic fallout
>buy 5 wolves just to unload 100 starving turkeys
okay

>caravan comes in during the middle of winter
>sell them 100 chickens which promptly freeze to death
>haul their corpses back

>craft eye patches and ear patches
>harvest eyes and ears for no mood debuff
>make mad money

for maximum keks you can craft surrogate organs and do the same then release the def blind prisoner with shitty organs back into the wild

So I've been putting this off, but two of my colonists are now getting to the point where they more-or-less routinely fight each other after a while because they each hate the other.

How do I reconcile them, if possible?

give each of them a gladius, draft them into the same room, replace the door with a wall, and undraft them

Use zones to make sure all they do for a week is eat, sleep, and talk to each other.

On a scale of 9 to 11, how lethal are bionically enhanced bears with the mod? Just installed it.

How rare is the event to get the AI persona core? I've been fast forwarding for almost an entire year now

gladius or longsword?

You can 1) call for exotic goods traders, they might have it
or
2) enable dev mode and force the psychic ship even to start

Are Slave Traders rare as shit or am I unlucky as fuck?

playing on 14 so I'm pretty boned I guess

What's this medieval mod I keep hearing about? Is it fun?

Force the event to start, then.

What does it do?

Used to build the spaceship, and can be implanted in colonists to cure brain disease.

>can be implanted in colonists to cure brain disease

With a mod or is this now in vanilla?

mod

>Pirates attack
>fend them off
>one survives
>harvest organs for the first time
>going in blind, so didn't know about the mood debuffs
>harvest Lung, kidney, heart
>surgeon goes into psychotic daze for the day after
>throws party while in the daze
whatever helps you get through this, my man

This is why surgeons should be trenchcoat wearing bionic enhanced deus ex psychopaths with too smart and a double flame in medicine.

Well Cassandra on rough was way too easy. Time to start fresh.

All of them are too easy. The only slightly challenging mode is tribals on the harder setting. Once you can set up a decent automated killbox, the game loses all challenge.

is there some way to make high priority cleaning zones

maybe i want to put out fires outside buildings but i dont want to clean certain types of rooms on an equal priority as the dining room and lab..

>Buy game
>Check settings, no borderless fullscreen
>Attempt to use Borderless Gaming application to force it
>Still incapable of doing it
>MFW

anyone wanna play air RB and/or tank RB RU,EU,US __Reichtangle__ i dont really care what BR but plsno 6.7 + stuff ; - ; im a scrub and need handholding

>someone works so damn long on making a duster she forgets to eat

what the fuck

it has borderless fullscreen mate

Did you set it as manual prioritization?

Use allowed areas to restrict the researcher to the lab and let him only do cleaning and researching. When the lab gets dirty he'll clean it and then resume research.

Where? Don't see anywhere to configure it.

im not at my pc atm but its either just set it to fullscreen or windowd and put your screens res in resolution

you know what would be cool? Restricting harvest of growing zones by skill level

let the noobs harvest the potatoes but dont fucking touch the healroot, shit

Fucking turkeys.

You don't configure it, it's borderless by default.

Not only that, but if you purposefully run at a low resolution because your eyes suck like mine, it'll actually upscale that resolution to your desktop resolution with, as far as I can tell, minimal to no blur.

>Start fight
>actual mood increase because it was cathartic
>one of the fighers had a finger ripped off

the fuck that was cathartic

Did that. It just puts it in regular old windowed mode. Da fuq?

is the game resolution the same as your desktop resolution

Whenever I attempt to change it to my resolution, it would just change it back and leave it in windowed mode.

Found a solution though. Just had to set -popupwindow in launch options.

>foggy rain right after a flash storm
Thank you RNG gods.

if there are enough fires it always starts to rain

Does this happen on every difficulty?

on challenge it always does at least, dont know about extreme

I'm pretty sure its a way of keeping the fire spread from causing FPS death.

Need to pull out some molotovs to test and see if they can be use to help summon rain.

Is the rich explorer that much harder than default? It almost seems easier

Depends on whether you get another colonist early on.

> mfw I haven't been able to beat the game on Default Cassandra Some Challenge

Something retarded always forces me to restart. Maybe this kind of game just isn't for me. I hate investing ridiculous amounts of type, effort and planning only to watch it all crumble down.

How many games have you played?

I felt the same way at first, but then I noticed my bases were actually lasting a little bit longer each time before I finally ended up "winning"

Now shit is easy and I do stupid shit for fun, like train armies of attack squirrels.

> How many games have you played?

About 6 or 7 over the past couple weeks.

The only shit I've noticed with each passing game is crap feels slower, I get shittier and shittier starts and it's increasingly more annoying to have to start over.

Do you have specific events that seem to fuck you over the most, or particular resource shortages that are fucking you?

I seriously underestimated the importance of getting healroot setup immediately for a long time, for example.

Is mountain terrain broken? The map i'm on now has mountain almost all the way around the edges, I don't even see how raids could get to me.

Every single meal I make gives my colonists food poisoning, and I can't figure out why. I have a steel cold box for everything edible

Because your kitchen is a disgusting hole. Need to get that shit cleaned up.

there are open areas in mountains that could be bordering the end of the map, if you clear them up raids can spawn there too
you can check with dev mode by turning off fog

>Start game
>Spend first 5 minutes looking for where the game dropped my fucking iron this time

Why the fuck does everything start forbidden. Shit is stupid as fuck.

let's see if I can remember my most recent few restarts... you've probably already read them at some point in this thread because it makes me so fucking angry

- colony easy biome, doing alright but I didn't know how to extinguish fires, killed a boomrat near my base but outside my home area and had no clue why my colonists weren't extinguishing the fire. realized I had to mark it as home area when it was out of control
- desert biome, get all the way to component assembly research, realize I need 30 components to craft the bench, can't find it after two in-game years of mining and I didn't get any more traders ever
- tribe start, realize it's fucking retarded having the game start off behind in research while still sending in guys with firearms at me. got rekt shortly afterwards because my wooden clubs and bows were no match
- another desert colony start, get all the way to component assembly, go hunt an ostrich, hunter hits an elephant besides it instead, whole map goes manhunter and murders my entire colony
- colony start on tropical rainforest, entire colony is food poisoned 24/7, some guy asked for shelter because he was being chased, offer shelter but the game decides to add a second raid on top of that one, one of the enemy raiders was an asshole pumped up on one of those enhancing drugs with a pump shotgun, he just walked up to my dudes behind sandbags and shot their faces off

Hi folks. here. The good news is that I've realized that selling below normal quality and other throwaway clothing is quite lucrative, and have managed to get every piece of silver my traders have. The bad news is that there was a grand total of one trader since my last post.

This is ridiculous. Why the fuck are traders so rare.

Did you piss off some of the friendly factions by attacking them (or having some of them die when you get raided and they decide to "help"?)

If you piss off the two friendly factions at the start, trading becomes super rare and you basically have to call in the Orbital Traders

I haven't done it myself but there's a structure you can build called Comms Bench. You can make one of your colonists call in a trade caravan for 600 silver.

I've never actually done it myself so I don't know how it works exactly. I think you need an Orbital Beacon as well.

not him but my kitchen is a disgusting hole with blood everywhere because of butchery and they've never had poisoning
my cook is skill 10 though so maybe that has something to do with it

melee can work if you funnel them through a chokepoint and make sure there are obstacles just before they enter so they cant peak and shoot you and are forced to enter the room with your melee duders
the medieval mod can work vs guns because of that

if you are on alpha 15 just call them with the comms console for 600 silver, if not you can mod your save file to up their rate

Is your stove and the butchery table literally right next to each other though, or just in the same room.

Stove, storage, and dining area's proximity to filth make most of the difference.

not that guy or the other who replied, but I always build my kitchen right next to my butchery

I never had any problems until my last game where I 1) embarked on a tropical rainforest 2) I don't have anyone with cooking skill so my highest cook is like 2. This game everyone had food poisoning 24/7 so I'll either attribute it to cook skill or food source.

Just like sometimes you fail construction? Well sometimes your cooking has a hidden fail where it will poison the eater.

>lose all but one colonist
>6 gunshot wounds, in shock
>he gets up after a few hours
>bleeding loss like crazy
>try to heal self
>cant

The fuck you cant patch yourself up well gg this world fucking dumb colonist dont know how to put on a bandaid

nigga its kinda hard to bandage your own spleen

Great, so I can call a trading caravan, using up the vast majority of my saved-up silver, so I have a small chance of getting a caravan carrying gold and making maybe 60 silver back max.

I appreciate the advice

Better pray to the RNG god.

I've personally never seen a trade caravan with less than 1000 silver.

I think you don't even have to call a caravan. The trade happens instantly with the orbital trader.

>first game of rich explorer
>2 escape pods in my first 3 days

thanks randy

how do i properly deal with infestations

every solution i can find seems to involve destroying everything in the infested room along with the hive with fire or shooting up the surrounding area with turrets reinstalled in the hallways

>how do i properly deal with infestations

Destroy it with fire or put turrets inside of hallways

make your walls out of memebrasures

so i gotta write off anything valuable in the affected room?

>memebrasures

if we're all gonna make killboxes and bait raiders into them might as well put up embrasures even if it confuses the AI even more

>tfw you finally start your nuclear power plant and can turn everything on

>not using commieblocks to create open firing lines up and down your base

>using mods to cheat the game

poor bugs, spawned in the wrong power plant

Just got my first psychic ship, Only have some nades, emps, and a LMG.

Current plan is to surround with turrets and sandbags, but my main builder is starting to get pissy. I have Beer, Flake, and Go-juice, what substance would be the best for a decent mood buff that doesn't fuck me over too hard in the short and long term?

how do you prevent peons from using others' bedrooms as hallways?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16098.0

Do not disturb mod. But the bedrooms are on the ass end of the base anyway, so pawns aren't going to be up there for much of any reason in the first place except to sleep, and they'll just go straight to their own bedroom for that.

alcohol for pain combined with go juice

This game TRIGGERS ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE im so fucking bad at it that its basically over the second im attacked the first time by raiders

and so i start making my army

does anyone else find it sad to lock an exclusive researcher away in the lab forever and ever secluded from everyone else doing their thing?

I like to assign researchers at least one other job around the colony even if it hamstrings research speed, or maybe have two researchers take shifts

The problem with "it should be part of vanilla" is that not 100% of RimWorld players use mods. However, 100% of RimWorld players play RimWorld, the actual game. If Tynan was to work the next few weeks/months implementing CCL's features as part of the core game he would make 0 progress fixing bugs, adding features he wants to and expanding RimWorld as an actual game.

There's a reason CCL is fan-made. RimWorld is very successful but ultimately made by a small studio and I think some people forget that. Any development time taken away from research and implementation of content just stagnates the game on a commercial level at its current iteration.
why are so many people fucking sucking the dick of devs or really anyone in establishment nowadays christ

two researchers CAN have shifts, it's called night owl

Tundra's p comfy.

What's the best way to manage Power? I'm using a Wind turbine and a few solar panels whit a separate line fuel generator handling the coolers and My brewery temperature control but i hate having to switch out the work benches every night in Order to have the lights on. Also My batteries have 50% efficency, is there a reason behind that?

Yes. If your base is the only dug open area with overhead mountains on the map, you know infestations will always appear inside it. So they're always close and in accessible areas. Depending on where exactly they appear, you can either snipe them or wall them off and burn them.

So don't set up automatic killboxes. They're lame AF.

I just build fuckmassive solar energy farms with turbines interspersed and enough batteries to get through 24 hours with everything on.

Fuck switches.

Admittedly the shorts actually comment on how fuckmassive the load is when they erase everything within 3 tiles of the short that isn't a stone wall or otherwise tanky as shit.

I think they only added that bullshit in alpha 15.

I had a huge wildfire in alpha 14 that burned the entire map outside my colony. No FPS lag.

>boomalope manhunter pack
>set up defenders
>boomalopes split into 2 groups of 30+
>the simultaneous explosions in one group instantly erase most of the boomalopes in that group
>not even bodies remain
>foggy rain starts up as soon as the last shot is fired
neat

youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao