Saabs?

Found a 9-3 Aero wagon, 2006 with the turbo v6

>157k miles (high for me but I don't know saab)
>leather interior + sunroof
>$4700 (Haven't KBB it yet but assume it's overpriced.)

Are saabs reliable? If so are there certain years/models I should be looking for?

Not gonna lie I love that the ignition isn't in the usual spot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UrvcTVajgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yer playin' a dangerous game lad.

better than Volkswagen op but just go with Toyota or Honda.

Where you gonna get parts OP?

This vid will show you why
>youtube.com/watch?v=9UrvcTVajgk

>9-5
>The shitty GM engine in it and not the awesome 4cyl torque monster from Sweden.
What a shame.
Looked like a good 9-5, didn't spot any rust on the dogleg.

At a GM dealership you mong

The B235R was co-designed between GM and SAAB

>GM had opinions on an engine 99% already done by Swedes.

Just like the "Assembled in USA" stickers that we put on top of the engraved "Made in Sweden".
That above is not a joke, we actually put stickers that said Assembled in USA on the SAAB parts that we made and assembled.

Been in the military? Then you might've trained with this thing.
If you did you probably removed the rubber cover and checked the inside.
We leave our initials on all of them I know if it's a device I've made.
As we put our initials on it we also put the sticker that makes Americans proud that it's an American product assembled in USA.

Not OP but which Saabs are good Saabs? Specifically which one of the performance models is the best? There's some 9-3s for sale near me with the 2 liter turbocharged engine but I don't know if they're Aeros which is Saabs performance designation I guess?

This guy was also in my area, seems like a performance car to me but is it exactly the same mechanics as a WRX?

The 2006 9-3SS Aero
9-5 Aero from 2006 and 2009.

It's a Subaru with SAAB badge, it's not really a SAAB.

Thank you

Earlier in the post someone said the 9-5 saab aero had the shit GM engine in it. So is it good or is it bad?

OP is back and looking at other options then.

What saab is the best option in the 6k price range in terms of reliability vs performance.

The 2.3T in the 9-5 is not a crap engine whatsoever, and they perform very well and are reliable, but so are the LK9 2.0T and the 2.8T in the 9-3, the best tuning potential would obviously go to the 2.8T in the 9-3 Aero

B235R is completely SAAB.

I'm guessing you are thinking of the L850 ecotec. which was Saab, Opel, GM powertrain.

bought my 93 aero with the 2.8t v6
with a little under 130k miles on it

it now has 180k and has been amazingly reliable

Truth be told saabs can be hit or miss on reliability. Luckily mine had a previous owner that took good care of it.

strongly recommend a JZW tune if you do get it
transforms the car

You forgot your soft-trip today, Saabro.
Always nice seeing your SAAB, and as always, nice rims.

esaabparts.com

>not buying greatest Saab of all time

I had a 9-2x non turbo. It's literally Subaru impreza with different headlights, hood, front bumper, fenders and badges.

only thing to go on these cars really are the coil packs and coolant expansion tank, both of which are relatively easy/cheap to replace. get the car for anything below 4500 and you got yourself a steal. Combi's kick ass.

Seconding the Combis kicking ass