Why do Catholics forbid masturbation...

Why do Catholics forbid masturbation? It seems to me a common characteristic of Christianity is rejecting life instead of embracing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Modern_times
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because ejaculation, sex, ovulation etc serve only one purpose to catholics and that is to serve God's will to reproduce. For similar reasons Catholics forbid the use of contraception. Unless you're a priest with a little choir boy, then sex isn't for pleasure.

Oops, forget the "then"

It's based on a misunderstanding of the story of Onan.

Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

So basically like that one scene in Monty Python?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

>It's based on a superstitious misunderstanding of the story of Onan.

So what if I have a nocturnal emission and spill the seed unconsciously? God still pissed?

>then sex isn't for pleasure.

Which I never understood at all. What's so special about sex that it's not supposed to be pleasurable? They don't seem to have any problem with fancy meals and wine and music and art. Sometimes I think St. Paul was just mad he couldn't get laid.

Probably depends on who you're asking but the way i see it Catholics would probably say that you've sinned subconsciously or something because you're letting lust control you. Idk though I'm gonna go have a wank

>So what if I have a nocturnal emission and spill the seed unconsciously? God still pissed?

Yes. You think having no control over it matters? This is the religion based on the concept of "original sin."

>They don't seem to have any problem with fancy meals and wine and music and art

Gluttony is often viewed to extend to the over exposure to a general fancy life tho senpai

All humans are inherently bad, and we need to constantly ask forgiveness for who we are. Gee, what a wonderful philosophy. I can see why Christianity is dying. Nietzsche was right about pretty much everything.

True, but just having a nice meal is not considered gluttony, only taking it to excess. So by analogy, fapping sometimes shouldn't be sinful either, only being addicted to it. Also, gluttony is almost always ignored by Catholics anyway (e.g., morbidly obese Thomas Aquinas).

There is no reason. Christianity is based in nothing less than guilt. Christians invented guilt, and come up with a partially sensible, partially nonsense list of "rights" and "wrongs" that forever make people guilty, which is to say "indebted" to others.

It's a fantastic system of social control.

“The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Whenever Christians speak, they degrade Christianity.

Nigga I aint defending it. That's the way I interperate what Catholics believe. And It's a load of horseshit, like most of their beliefs but it's true that's what they believe.
How about throwing in your input

Lol. I see you guys lack an understanding of the Catholics Churches stance on human sexuality. You probably think we hate fags too. Lol.

I'm not about to get into a dissertation but here are a few pointers.

1. Sexual acts are to be reserved for a married man and woman. And yes it's main purpose is procreation but it can also occur just for pleasure.
2. When they do have sex it is to be completely natural. There should be no artifical barrier to prevent conception. But it is perfectly acceptable to have sex and use the natural family planning method to avoid pregnancy.
3. Masturbation is a sin because sex is no longer an act between 2 loving people giving themselves to each other. But instead a single person giving into lust and being selfish with their sexual pleasure.

This of course all requires a belief in the Christian God and his teachings. I understand some of you are going to be have conflicting beliefs. I'm just trying to get you straight on what our beliefs are. Rather than just having you believe Catholics don't believe in sexual pleasure or being able to actually plan when we want kids.

>. There should be no artifical barrier to prevent conception. But it is perfectly acceptable to have sex and use the natural family planning method to avoid pregnancy.

And you don't think that's arbitrary and self-contradictory?

I wasn't attacking you personally

No one cares anymore, you stupid faggot. Your church is dumb and nobody takes their "teachings" on this subject seriously.

>You probably think we hate fags too. Lol.
>Sexual acts are to be reserved for a married man and woman
yeah okay buddy whatever you say

Because it's degenerate and sperms are only for making children
t. guy who never masturbated in his entire life

This is why I converted to Eastern Orthodoxy so I can wank as much as I want.

jk i am kidding lay off

k, why get so triggered about it?

>you're not living life to the fullest unless you're spanking it!

lol

If you control how people reproduce and approach sex you can control them better. Every cult ever has done this.

>Why do Catholics forbid masturbation?
I'm catholic and have never heard this, only proddies care.

they care so much they cut their dicks off so they can't jerk off.

Well you heard about it and now you know it's a mortal sin.

What about eggs

I'm not actually, I just find the continued use of this board for religious shitflinging to be annoying.

>they care so much they cut their dicks off so they can't jerk off.

what

Religions are notorious for their hate of fun.

Easier to be against than for.

anti worldliness=/=anti life

tips fedora

No because your still supposed to drop a load in your wife if you bang. Its a matter of refraining from sex if you she is fertile. So you aren't using actual contraception your just not having sex. So it is neither contradictory or arbitrary.

Lol
> thread about Catholic beliefs
> I know I'll talk shit about them to prove a point
> got eem

Lol
> not approving of someone's lifestyle
> automatically means you hate them
> great logic bruh

It's funny because the desire to be like the right side of that image is itself selfish and vain.

This guy is right. If you're so interested, if you're actually curious, go talk to a priest, someone who can actually answer your question correctly. Oh that's right... This is Veeky Forums, no one on these boards ever goes outside or talks to other people without a keyboard involved. Sorry. Carry on.

It's a sin

>equating any form of sexual interactions between two adults to be sinful even under conditions considered un-sinful for other adults
>not having some form of prejudice against these people
ok senpai

>I don't hate you
>but it's morally abhorrent if you have sex
>and equally bad if you masturbate

>literally fucking his dead brother's wife
>killed for pulling out
wew

Circumcision in the US was originally introduced as a punishment for or to prevent masturbation.

I am an absolute fan of this subject. It must be changed. It is no good for Christianity.

Anyone a response to this:

>Go out of the world:
This does not mean too little space for things that have to do with functioning well and normal things of life. There are no people left to be the world. No one opposes a spiritual house that is correct. Or real right principles of what to do with lust.

>All is sin all is useless:
This is useless in the meaning of sin. Not as Ecclesiastes says.

>Lust is sin:
This is unfundable. There has to be a clear reason why.

>The whole christianity is seeing this wrong:
This is probably true. (...)
Or say or show something why not. That the whole of christianity is seeing this wrong is no reason why it would be right.

>This is how Christ fulfilled the law, and based it on understanding. Not time or locally based circumstances.
Matthew 22:37
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

>As becomes clear throughout the Old testament and New testament:
Romans 14 : 14B
nothing is unclean in itself

>There are dangers, yes. 1 Corinthians 6 is about sexual immorality. It can be something to be careful about.
1 Corinthians 6 : 12
“I have the right to do anything,”

>Its a matter of refraining from sex if you she is fertile.
Shitty Catholic here. I always understood this to mean that you should make sure your missus is on her rags if you wanna bang and not have kids.

>No because your still supposed to drop a load in your wife if you bang. Its a matter of refraining from sex if you she is fertile. So you aren't using actual contraception your just not having sex. So it is neither contradictory or arbitrary.

Uh, yes it is contraception. And it's having sex for pleasure while deliberately avoiding pregnancy. It is absolutely hypocritical and stupid that that is OK but condoms aren't.

Citation needed, I think it was mainly a religious holdover and now perpetuated by the medical industry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Modern_times

(Me)

Most people are paralyzed if it comes to this sort of thing. But it really calls for some nice kind of activism.

Well if you guys can't wrap your head sold this concept then I can't really help you.

They're are really only a few days out of the month in which a woman is ovulating and has a good chance of getting pregnant. So those days your should avoid sexual intercourse if you dying want to get pregnant.

It is a formal of birth control but it's entirely natural. Hence why it is accepted by the Catholic church. Condoms, the pill, etc are all artifical forms of b.c.
And yes if you do use the n.f.p. method you are having sex for mainly pleasure. The Church doesn't teach that you can't have sex for pleasure, but that there should be no artifical mechanisms that prevent the possibilityof contraception.

>but it's entirely natural.

What does this even mean? And what possible difference could it make? You can't really think that makes any sense.

Oh this is draining. Ok listen real close.

Artifical birth is considered to be any actual mechanical device, chemicals, etc. They are literal man-made barriers that prevent pregnancy.

With Natural Family Planning (N.F.P.) you are not having sexual intercourse when your woman is fertile. There is no artificial man-made barrier because you aren't even banging.

Go look this stuff up. Even by non-religious organizations birth control is divided into natural and unnatural methods. You can disagree with me but do you disagree with actual doctors and shit?

(Me)
(Me)
>a formal of birth control

Know what a form of birth control is? Same sex activities. And even more then just this. There really aren't any specialities. All have the same basic feelings about this. Not proving this right away, a bit too complex I think. But it can.
No really this needs a nice kind of activism.

> equating homosexual acts to heterosexual acts
> obviously no knowledge of basic human biology

I know it's hard but try to get around that fact that from what you have been told the act of a guy putting his dick in another guys asshole is not equal to putting a penis in a vagina.

>Oh this is draining

I imagine defending an obviously nonsensical policy would be draining, yes. The question is what difference does using a "device" make? Either way you're having intentionally non-procreative sex, so allowing """"natural"""" contraception takes that off the table as a rationale for forbidding condoms, "sodomy," etc. So what is the rationale?

>> obviously no knowledge of basic human biology
>>I know it's hard but try to get around that fact that from what you have been told the act of a guy putting his dick in another guys asshole is not equal to putting a penis in a vagina.

Clearly this does not summarize human biology

Going to hell if double crossing mattres does

(Me)
And look how it can draw in? I don't have any special preferences, still saying something could mean I do. So it is sort of blocked to talk about it too in a strange way.

>>>I know it's hard but try to get around that fact that from what you have been told the act of a guy putting his dick in another guys asshole is not equal to putting a penis in a vagina.
Well anyway in this case a summary of human biology is one of the greatest stubs of human kind.

Right, but maybe not too many bad words. Or not to take them more serious then an interesting conversation permits. The whole thing is making to lose too much already as it is.

----------------------(Me)

So let's just start a nice kind of activism about this. The checksum is incorrect. Can't have that.

It's completely contradictory you disgusting worthless subhuman faggot.

You're just trying to jew up an explanation how your method of contraception isn't contraception, just like how you don't hate fags, you just the sin of being a faggot which in practice translates 100% to you hating faggots.

Using a schedule to avoid pregnancy is completely the same in every way to using a pill that simply changes the 'schedule' inside the woman's body.

Catholics are the most despicable christians imaginable. Just go be Muslim like you desperately want to be so we can bomb you fucks with the rest of them.

So if I penetrate her and don't cum is it a sin?

>using a pill
It is not this much different beyond the Catholic church.

This is not how you should think. This isYou can just do what suits you best. Unless there are reasons.

(Me)
In a case like this, God does nothing. Even if it is a problem of several of hundreds of years. He does show Himself in a way it is proven that He exists. Maybe by healing miracles or apparitions. Still this sort of thing does not do a lot more. At least any information must pass filters of human initiatives first. If it is about information what a human would do is still important. After some proving incident.

Nothing: at least the organisation that has to do something about it is not God. The religious organisation has to take it in.

Stop making us look bad, jerk.

>The religious organisation has to take it in.
God was right when He created hell. Of course people will be held responsible for their actions. Most religious organisations seem all but bonafide to me.

You're right it doesn't summarize all of human biology. But answer me this are homosexual act the biological equivalent to heterosexual acts? Can it produce a child which is the main purpose of sexual intercourse? Yes or no?

It is draining because you don't seem to understand that wearing a condom or taking the pill (artificial b.c.) is the same just abstaining from sex (natural b.c.) to avoid pregnancy.

Lol. Yep you sound like a total rational person. I'll definitely give whatever viewpoint you have some definition thought.

You mean you want me to stop explain Catholic teaches on sex? Whether they agree or disagree doesn't change what the church teaches.

(Me)
Sorry, don't take this hard. I just feel I need to protect myself from how repressive some things work.
>O a new post notice-I post this first.

>You're right it doesn't summarize all of human biology. But answer me this are homosexual act the biological equivalent to heterosexual acts? Can it produce a child which is the main purpose of sexual intercourse? Yes or no?
Not the same thing and not leading to offspring.