Akuma no Toringo

Akuma no Toringo

Other urls found in this thread:

twingo-black-devil.de/index2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=DfsYdzaJRbk
youtube.com/watch?v=ueF-fb_IDQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What kind of empeegees do these get? And how are they for long trips/highway driving? I love the look and light weight but I want to visit polan and other places nearby so I want to get something that will take me the distance.
Also do these things have tachometers? I only see a digital speedo in pictures.

no tacho from stock but you can easily add one (or just have one on your phone with a cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapter)

empegees are great. i've never seen more than 6.2 liters per 100km and that's with a fully loaded car with 2 people and a freaking bike on the back. usually get 5.2/5.5L/100km, even on 80% E85 which is pretty amazing DESU.

they're very good for long trips. i went to norway with mine and all kinds of other places. did 1300km in one day no problem (france -> north denmark). twice. it cruises all day at 130kph on the highway just fine.

today i went to an auction. some old collector died and all his pre-war cars were being sold by his children. amongst all the old, old french cars (oldest one was from 1899) was a 1995 twingo. it was the old guy's daily driver since new. clearly a man of taste. as you can imagine i was pretty pumped about this, as i thought i could get it for cheap since people there weren't really interested in twingos. it was an early one (pic related, the actual car) with the metallic purple. but what made me want it is that it had 64k km from new, still smelled like new inside even though it didn't look like much from outside, and it had A/C, electric mirrors AND electric windows !

so i registered as a bidder in the auction, but unfortunately it got sold for 1400 euros + 21% tax which means it would have cost me at least 1800 euros. to which i needed to add a new battery, and registration costs, which made it not worth it. too bad. i wouldn't have minded cleaning it and making it look like new, driving around with A/C this summer and selling it on to someone from Veeky Forums or the twingo forums. oh well

New plushies when?

kek

Soon. Should be any time now.

>MFW my country is playing in the Euro 2016 Finals and i'm here posting twingos instead of watching

nothing about soccer is real but twingos are real

an ad like this would count as "raycis", sexist and overall "backwards" by today's standards

nézd a gecit

Thanks for the detailed answer! Was kind of on the fence about getting it or a golf 2, but good mpg and reliability are the things I was looking for the most, so twingo it is

W-whats the chandelier hanging from?
A moricsz zsigmondnál láttam az egyik mellék utcán és majd beszartam

Reposting this shot of an area with a very high concentration of hon.

you're in luck then, cause i've owned both.

i absolutely loved my MK2 golfs. i've owned a diesel 1.6 turbo MK2 golf and a gas MK2 jetta 1.8. both were extremely reliable, and very easy and cheap to fix. they handle great too. the 1.8 golf 2 drinks about 8 liters per 100km though, and won't take E85 because carbs. the diesel drinks about 5 liters of diesel per 100KM, but it's pretty slow. (unless you get a good one, i've driven some that didn't feel as agricultural and slow as others for some reason)

the twingo is easier to park and handles more like a little karting. MK2s are more planted and they're actually fast in corners if you invest in semi-cheap coilovers and good 195 tires. you can fit large tires on MK2s easily, but not on twingos.

both choices are good. i would get the twingo if you have cheap E85 available to you, preferably the 16V version. costs 15 euros to fill the tank, best feeling ever. if you don't intend on running E85, then both cars are great choices. be aware that it won't be as easy to find an MK2 in good condition though because of their age. most will have perished rubber parts like CV joints, door seals and engine mounts, and also rust. you can get a very clean low mileage twingo for 1500 euros, but finding a clean MK2 for that... well, they're getting very rare.

Britbong here

I went to Holland and I saw around 4 Twingos a day

is this normal in europe? I thought they were kinda rare

perfectly normal

the other day i parked my twingo in the middle of 4 MK1 twingos. i wanted to take a pic like but i didn't cause i didn't want to reveal my autism power level

Dutchfag here, poster of .
They're basically the ultimate poorfag car, as they're dirt cheap in every way. Since cars are a very expensive thing here (lol 100k for a veeate Mustang) people tend to go for the tiny city hatchbacks like the Twingo.

Its like a parking lot of happiness

Thanks again! I live in Budapest so diesel is a little bit cheaper but fuel is overall pretty expensive, so if I had to choose just one top priority it would be gas milage because I'm a poorfag college kid. A golf might be easier to wrench cause its older which is what attracted me to it (other than the look) but I'll have time later in life for modifying cars, right now I just need something small with good gas milage and manual transmission and the twingo fits the bill perfectly. Last question that I really should have asked earlier but twingos have abs right? Or at least the later ones in first gen?

the later ones have ABS. if you want fuel economy you should avoid the one with the early Cleon engine. just make sure the twingo you're looking at has a third brake light on the hatch, that's how you know it's the modern D7F 8V or D4F 16V engine

Are you ready for the burgerking? have you find a GoPro or similar to borrow?
I want a report every 2 hours of your Honing!

today i'm going to go buy some wheels, will post pic of them on the car later on if all goes well (you never know with my local craigslist, guy says the tires are good but until i have them in front of me...)

i'm still debating whether or not to put the dekra and jägermeister stickers on, because the car sleeps on the street in a shitty area and i don't want it to be fucked with

my friends will have gopros and will be able to lend me one. don't expect under 10 minutes BTG though lol, the twingo is SLOW

I count on you!

For the stickers, do as you like, I can see what you mean by shitty area (Bonjour Arras!). I had some teens try to steal wheels from a Twingo on my street. Worst part is that they failed twice the same night before getting arrested...

And since Clarkson and S. Shmidtz barely made it under 10 minutes in a diesel Jag and a van, i don't expect you to beat the record for a FWD production car. But i assume you can do it under 13 minutes. I think you should be around 11 minutes.

(It seems that people can do around 8 minutes with a 2nd gen Twingo RS.)

And the goal is not the time, it is HONing around the Burgerking

i don't live in Arras, but i live pretty close. Arras is extremely nice compared to where i live.

the thing that kills lap times is the huuuge uphill slope on the ring, where you're flat out for like 2 minutes straight. underpowered cars lose SOOO much time there. it's not as bad on the rest of the track as long as you try to keep some momentum.

i got the wheels, the stickers are on it too. it looks bretty gud and now handles way better. today was a good day. pic related

la consanguinité :^)

lol, looks great so far.

also, did you guys think about weight reduction?

in a sub-1ton car literally every tiny kilogram less means better performance.

for the burgerking you could take out the rear seats, spare tire, maybe even passenger seat, some carpets etc.

an open intake could help, too

i'll be leaving the spare tire in my tent kek

other than that, i won't bother trying to remove the seats it's too much hassle

S I K K
I
K
K

ever thought about cramming 1.6 16v from 1st gen Megane into your box? I read it fits, and can be run with standard gearbox.

Yeah, this dude for example did just that

twingo-black-devil.de/index2.htm

But the madman also threw the Megane dash into the twingo

i don't really want to do this as the OG engine is perfectly healthy, cheap to run and the car is my daily driver. however i'd really like to get an early 1993 twingo and go all out with a volvo/renault 1.4 turbo swap. with the exterior kept unassuming this would be the best sleeper ever. and could be done for semi-cheap. after trying an MK2 clio RS and knowing that they can be had for peanuts in the UK i'd also be interested in swapping one of those engines into a twingo as i think it's feasible. but first i need room to store/work on cars, the situation ATM isn't great and i hope i get a shop or at least a big garage soon. so many cars i want to buy but i live in a city center... and don't have a garage ATM except my friend's garage where i store my opel manta. sometimes i wish i was passionate about knitting or MTG cards or model trains or something instead of cars

>sometimes i wish i was passionate about knitting

well, for a start, you're already posting on a Cambodian knitting art board

wat

Noice!

I feel you. I store my Mustang at my grandma because i haven't any space at all (live in Paris) and my parents already have 2 cars in a 2 cars garage.
If I buy a Twingo, it'll have to live on the street : /

>we put the euro in eurobeat
toppest qeq

>TFW i own 2 big town houses + a vacation house and NONE of them have garages

why even live

god I want this 1988 pre-production model

also the dash is better,you've got a big round speedo like in a fiat 500

I think this pre production model is from 1992. IIRC 1988 is the prototype model that still had R5 headlights

this prototype there

**multiple images per post when?**

(Checked)
Or from the front, W60 prototype

that prototype is TINY

and also quite ugly compared to the final design

it's funny how they went from the usual 80's jazz front face to something so radical.

in my opinion it surely is not a beautiful car but it sure as hell makes one happy when looking at it.

I've seen the final-resembling ones listed as 1988,idk

The whole twingo project to say so was started in the late 70's, the goal was to replace the r4, the w60 also looks like a continuation of picrel,so a twingo-looking thing by 1988 seems plausible

reporting in

is that yours ?

it's an initiale, right ? dat leather interior

>D

you wanna come to the Nür on sunday ? would be funny as hell to have several twingos driving around the nordschleife together

80s design vs fun 90s as fuck design

The first pre production picture is dated 1992 on Renault's own website, but then someone dates the W60 prototype to 1986. Confusing frogs...

Have fun at the ring, Jaegertwingobro
>tfw no money

>is that yours ?
>it's an initiale, right ? dat leather interior
Yes

>you wanna come to the Nür on sunday ?
No time on Sunday. You're meeting WRanon there too right?

i'll be there on saturday too, but there's a VLN race all day and only one hour of touristenfahrten at the end of the day, so i'll probably be drinking beers and barbecueing instead of driving. but if the weather's nice i'll be doing a lap on saturday for sure

i'll be meeting whoever comes to the Nür this weekend lol. just look for the big bearded guy in the orange jagermeister twingo. i'll probably be at brünnchen, pflanzgarten, REWE or at campîng am Nürburgring

ohai dodek

aren't you working in denmark or smth ? if so you'll get enough money to get a twingo to the Nür next year lol. or your E36. those are nice too. my friend will be driving his 323i (full M3 replica) on the nur. hopefully he'll let me do a lap, but i dunno cause i think i scared him for life the last time he got into my car on a track

Yeah I'm actually leaving for Denmark next sunday but that's only for like 3-4 weeks and most of that is going to be my college fund.

look in the eyes of this twingo
look how sad it is that you won't be at the burgerking
look how you let us down...

(jk, i know that you'd prefer to go to the Nür than to go working)

where will you be working in denmark ?

and doing what ?

denmark is pretty gud, i was there with the twanger 2 months ago. (pic related) very flat country, desolate landscape, but nice people. be careful when entering the country, have all your papers in order and obviously no illegal stuff. the border patrol is very thorough and doesn't like jokes. they went through all my stuff and checked my twingo for contraband. with a BMW on polish plates you'll be stopped for sure

>the border patrol is very thorough and doesn't like jokes
is denmark the last real european country?

I'm not sure where but I think somewhere close to Sweden. I'll be working with my dad doing minor construction work. The minimum wage is literally 10 times higher than in Poland so in 3 weeks I'll make the same if not more as I'd make working here for 2 months. I'm not driving my Beemer there, we're taking dad's A3. I was in Denmark once (pic also related) and it was pretty nice. I was even thinking of studying there but the Shitskin Flooding 2015 is a bit of turnoff. Plus, gas is insanely expensive and I'd rather die before buying a diesel. I'll be in Sweden briefly - we're ferrying to Sweden and driving to Denmark from there. Can't wait. I'm too poor to even afford a full tank of gas at the moment. And just when I got a new head unit which improved the car audio so much I couldn't believe.

4 real, i was like "you guys really think i'd choose to drive an orange twingo to smuggle drugs into your country? " and the guy was like "sir, please step out of the car, open the trunk and doors and give me your passport"

and afterwards he asked where i was coming from and where i was going and i answered "i'm coming from germany and going to denmark" and that just made it worse. i actually thought that was the end of my journey

>we're taking dad's A3

same advice, german car with polish plates, you'll be stopped, make sure everything is in order

> Shitskin Flooding 2015

like every country, it's mostly the big towns that have problems with that. the first time i went to denmark with my jetta (picrel) i went to kobenhavn/copenhagen and....well, i expected to see vikings but i got africa v2.0 instead

also i regret not buying your twingo seeing as it's now an Veeky Forums icon. i got turned off by the rust but in hindsight it wasn't that bad for the price

What was the site where you can browse cheap German Twingos? I might let me convince by crossing the borders to buy one..

(Btw someone know what paperwork/where can i find it to "import" a Twingo from Germany to France?)

You would have saved it from annihilation. I don't see it anymore and I'm expecting the worst.
mobile.de

Thank you!

mobile.de

you just need the COC (certificate of conformity) from Renault. costs about 150 euros. with the new euro laws, you don't even need a CT (controle technique), if your TÜV is 6 months old or less, i think.

but honestly, i wouldn't go to germany for a twingo. there are plenty of twingos here in france, you just have to search leboncoin.fr every day and have cash ready in case there's a good one

I'm looking for a nice one, not just a beat up one. leboncoin doesn't seem to offer what i'm looking for

(75bhp, manual, AC, panoramic roof)

you have a way to contact the people that bought it from you right ? just ask them where it's at. it may be sitting in an impound lot or smth

i've seen a 16V, electric pano roof with 8000 (yes,really) kilometers go for 2000 euros recently. i honestly would have bought it if i didn't already have a twingo. (even though i never buy cars at full retail price, it was that nice. basically a new car.)

just be ready to jump and have cash ready too. the best car buys in my life i got because i was at the seller's house an hour after the ad was on the internet, with cash in hand.

Safety tests will be completed this week, then it's just layout for tags and I'm going to place the order on having the new batch produced. Five colors to chose from (sky blue, pink, bordeaux, forest green and indian yellow).

looks great!
consider this:
youtube.com/watch?v=DfsYdzaJRbk

so much work when you can get one with that roof for literally an apple and an egg.

also, I doubt this is a good idea, integrity-wise.

at least for a certain part the roof is also important for the structural integrity of a car (especially in case of a crash) and I doubt they just cut out a whole in the factory.

I think there are at least some strengthening measures on the roof twingos.

I remember hearing the sunroof is actually sturdier than the plain roof.

>so much work
One afternoon if you have two hands
>when you can get one with that roof for literally an apple and an egg.
not in orange.
>also, I doubt this is a good idea, integrity-wise.
soda can-tier tin vs. four sided rail frame filled with canvas reinforced by steel bars.
>I think there are at least some strengthening measures on the roof twingos.
they were designed to keep their shit together with a hole in a roof from the very beginning. It's not an aftermarked idea.

they literally cut a hole into regular twingos at the factory. the sunroof/open air mod is a common mod, takes like 2 hours to do. i've done it on an MK2 golf in an afternoon.

also yes, it's stronger than the regular steel roof. integrity isn't compromised as the car is made to get those sunroofs installed, the roof is basically thin sheet steel, there's no central reinforcement bar like on regular cars

i might do a sunroof mod if i can find a glass roof for cheap, otherwise i won't bother. i don't want the ragtop as it can easily be cut into by undesirables. also road noise

The Panorama glass roof is goat, I wish my Initiale had it.

>it can easily be cut into by undesirables
first of all not that easy
second, don't be paranoid cuck.

Noone tries it except complete retards:
youtube.com/watch?v=ueF-fb_IDQA

If they want to get into your chariot, they'd break a window with a stone anyway.
or use a can opener on your tin roof (probably easier than cutting through canvas)

aww shit!
1/2

2/2
fixed

stance gone wrong

to be fair, he's living in a shithole with a top unemployment rate because everyone fucks their sisters and drops out of school so maybe, just maybe, people are bored enough to try to circumcise twingos for shits and giggles

WTF, never seen corrosion there.

I live in the N-E of France. They use a lot of salt in winter.

I have 2 Twingo :

1993 / 482,000km C3G
1998 / 350,000km D7F

Merci hitler

God damn these people are always so anal about safety and shit.
go drive in your mega safe soup box

>1993 / 482,000km C3G
>1998 / 350,000km D7F

It ALWAYS blows my fucking mind how much miles people put on their Twingos.

Even outside of the internet I've seen dozens with +300k on the odo.
For some reason I've not seen that many Polos with that mileage. Sure, lots of +150k and +200k but not that many mile freaks like Twingos.

ASSIMILATION: SUCCESSFUL.

>VW
>GOLF II
>MOST POPULAR GERMAN SHITBOX
>EUROPEAN MODEL KNOWN FOR IT'S DURABILITY, RELIABILITY AND MANEUVERABILITY

We will add your technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours.

RÉSISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Well i sure hope to make mine last 300k

will it look like this?

Holy crap that looks like shit.
i bet normies will gobble it all up
>pic related
>opens door
>hey wanna drive a REAL car?

>leather

why the fuck would you want a rolls when you get that shit in a cheap twingo

oh shit twingos are cool