Gas Transportarion

So my battery is at low V's and I dont have time to charge it but im also low on gas. What can I use to transport gasoline from the gas station on the walk home?

Can I use the thing used to store coolant after you buy it from the store? a milk jug?

Other urls found in this thread:

lowes.com/pd/1-Gallon-Plastic-Gasoline-Can/50077793
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

...A gas can?

I dont have one and I dont feel like buying something ill use once

Never think you'll only need a gas can once

Use a milk jug faggot

A milk jug has too thin of plastic to be safe. But if a $15 dollar gas can is too much to spend than roll the dice and take your chances. It's your car.

You cannot legally dispense gasoline into another container, so suck it up.

its not just a gas can
its peace of mind

just hold it in your hands

Gas cans are useful for filling shit up like lawnmowers and weed whackers so fucking purchase one you stupid jew.

would a coolant container be better? seems to be made of some good material
>implying ill get arrested for something as small as this
this is literally the only time in my entire life ive ever even needed one
>mowing a lawn

There's an empty 2.5g in my trunk at all times. At 22MPG that's more than enough to get me anywhere

No, a proper gas can is the only way to go. If your not going to listen than just do whatever you want. Its your car

>implying ill get arrested for something as small as this
No, but there's a reason why you have specific containers for gasoline. Try your luck, though. Not my car, not my problem.

not even baiting im just a poor student fag

bros im poor there has to be some thing I can do instead of just going to get gas with jumper cables in my car and then jew around at the station

Buy a gas can, you fucking retard.

If you're that poor just take the gas out of some mexican's lawnmower

lowes.com/pd/1-Gallon-Plastic-Gasoline-Can/50077793
Just not eat at Mcdonalds a couple of times and you will make the money back.

>eating
vs
>buying something ill use once

hmmmmm, im just looking for an at home way to transport gas like a quarter of a mile walk.

will a coolant container work?

Don't listen to any of these fucking idiots, you don't need a gas can. Just go get a styrofoam cooler at walmart for $2.27, holds up to 30 quarts and Styrofoam isn't flammable. Completely safe and you can reuse it for beer or what have you.

Last time then I'm done. The money spent on a gas can will be made up by eating at home a couple of times and not going out to eat. But if you are willing to take a chance with the gasoline softing up the thin plastic of a milk or coolant junk and putting that mixture of fuel and shit into your gas tank then be my guest.

KEK

Don't listen to any of these fucking idiots, you don't need a gas can. Just buy a watering can at Walmart for $2.27, hold up to 2 quarts and even has a spout to get it into your tank

I havent eaten out in ages, im legitimately poor and scraping the bottom of the barrel. If I had money I would just get a new battery you dingus
pls no troll

Daily reminder that if you can't afford to fuel and maintain your car, you can't afford to own a car.

Get a glass bottle of orange juice or a 6-pack of cheap beer.

Consume the contents, fill with gasoline, then again consume the contents. Gasoline will get you so fucking drunk you won't even care about your car anymore.

Milk jugs vary in their plastic content. Some will be safe, some will not. You can inspect the imprinted marks on the bottom (usually) than google that.

im in between jobs after getting fired ;-;

You obviously can't afford gasoline.

Take the bus or walk.

You can try to pump gas into a different container, but if a gas station worker sees you you'll be in the shit. I'm not sure what protocol is for that, but I don't imagine they'll just let you walk away with that, not unless you live in the ghetto

>bottom of the bottom
thanks man, I looked at the bottom of a coolant jug and it was HDPE #2 so it looks like im gucci
the good news is coolant jugs look kinda like gasoline containers
I need gas to go to job interviews dummy

>I need gas to go to job interviews dummy
Nigga you got legs.

>going to a job sweaty as fuck
no ty, plus I got 50 miles per gallon

You always could try and find a 10 gallon hat, they were developed for this exact reason.

During the great oil barrel shortage of 1904, desperate Texas oilmen turned to modifying there hats to transport their crude to refineries. Each hat had a capacity of 10 gallons, hence the name.

>Buy a gas can

Problem is: They only sell those California-approved 'dribble cans'. The ones with the bullshit valve that leaks gas all over your shoes and in your trunk. No more simple cans with gasketed screw caps.

The Washington Ferry system occasionally enforces their gas car rules (based on stupid-assed Cal standard) and prohibits Jerry cans. Even the NATO-standard ones that don't leak when they fall out of a moving truck.

>Not my car Not my problem

Then fuck off, entitled piece of shit

>>desperate for gas transportation
>>walk around town find a local honky-tonk bar
>>ask a tall cowboy for his ten-gallon hat
>>says he only uses it for dancin' an water his horses and can't rightfully let a stranger fill it with 87 octane
>>he refuses to give you the hat even after you offer to suck his dick.
>>you try to take it but he's too fast and he hog-ties you to that brass rail at the bottom of the bar
>>Get dragged behind a pick-up down a dirt road.
>>wind up taking a bus home and askinf Veeky Forums for advice when your phone gets reception.

Dude just get a fucking milkjug.

Suck my dick, retard.

You're stupid.

Gay as fuck, faggot. Kys

>a milk jug?

Milk jugs generate static electricity. If you set the gas station on fire, you'll have to pay for that too.

Do not use styrofoam. Gas eats it.

Gasoline also eats some plastics, but you already know that. An additional danger is that you store gas in some container it eats thru and then the gas in your area catches on fire after it leaks. So you basically have to illegally dump the empty container.

Remember that the gas station doesn't allow unapproved containers to be filled. Other drivers also don't like seeing that and may take a photo of your face with the milk jug or coolant container.

Please don't set the gas station on fire with static plastic not approved for gasoline. And any user that tells you wear wool and refill plastic milk jug is not to be listened to. He's trying to make you an explode.

>people still replying
m8's im just gonna get my friend to go with me to the gas station, even if he didn't go with me id just bring a jumper cables and be a jew by asking some dude

If you're OP you failed as a man. What you said is fucking embarrassing and I'm not even you.

You're incompetent to the point where a slight mishap puts your future into the hand of others. That is horrible.

>So my battery is at low V's and I dont have time to charge it but im also low on gas

If you are in the seattle area, I have a gas can and can give you a ride to get the gas and fill your vehicle.

Don't use an unsafe plastic container. Some of them are eaten by gasoline. Some containers may use recycled plastics, and thus only parts of those containers are eaten or softened up by the gasoline. Of course, the plastic goes into the gas and contaminates your vehicle a little. A little bit doesn't hurt it.

>implying id ever spend 15 dollars I dont need to spend

You don't have 15 extra dollars.

what happened to Veeky Forums? it used to be filled with DIY stuff from poor people

Those are softened up by gasoline. So no good. And after it was used for gas, he'd have no use for it, so the money is wasted.

If he's inside walmart, he should just pick up the 1.5gal plastic gascan cheapie there. $8.77 each. Those aren't frequently stocked as I usually only see those bigger red ones for $12.97.

>what happened to Veeky Forums? it used to be filled with DIY stuff from poor people
The trolls have driven many away with their trash threads and trash posts. They've gone to those moderated forum sites where you have to login to post. The good threads die fast due to being shoved off by troll threads. There's three regular trolls posting like mad at all hours of the day. The good threads with info often don't get posts because there's no need to spam or troll in them. So they fall to page10 and die off.

So yes, Veeky Forums is not as helpful as it used to be. Perhaps the trolls like that.

Really? I've put gas into water bottles when my motorcycle ran dry, and that was in a gas jockey state.

Poor people are stupid and you want advice on handling dangerous substances from them? Fucking idiot.

>Really? I've put gas into water bottles when my motorcycle ran dry, and that was in a gas jockey state.
We're not talking about whether or not you can physically do it. It just isn't legal. Certainly, others talk about hooning, racing, and other not legal activities, and no one here says "no you can't do it". But a milk jug is pretty thin protection for something that can be a real problem if it leaks. For example, an official gas jug is rated to not leak when dropped. But a milk container might spring open as he trips on the steps next to an apartment. The gasoline now covers the wall and steps of the apartment building. See the problem here?

Well, homeless people store gasoline in unapproved containers all the time. Or they steal those containers. There haven't been more than about one fire every month from the homeless areas that the fire department had to put out, so I guess it is not too bad yet.

Just don't confront the homeless if they are using your water hose without authorization. It's become a sort of "balance of terror" between homeowners near homeless encampments in the greenbelts. Each side can do things to the other, so they are both wary. It's a good thing no one has fuel oil here or else the homeless would be filling their gallon milk jugs full of your Free Fuel Oil siphoned right out of your oil tank. If it caught on fire from them smoking next to the tank, well, that's your fault. Not theirs.

You can.

Or the attendant will not let you fuel.

Work at a truck stop myself. If we notice someone trying to fill up an illegal container with gasoline, we stop the pump.

just don't try to use solo cups

How can you have the audacity to call someone dumb when you want to fill a fucking milk jug with gasoline instead of using a gas can. Jfc, get off this board and never come back.

drink however much gas you can, walk home and stick two fingers down your throat to regurgitate the gas into the tank, repeat till the tank is full.

I saw that in a movie once

it totally worked