What's the cheapest classic car available? Note that i'm not looking for performance...

What's the cheapest classic car available? Note that i'm not looking for performance, just something that looks cool and probably won't explode.

Other urls found in this thread:

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5672104861.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anything mid to late 70s

It sure ain't a Cutlass. It would be, except those are one of those cars bought up not by boomers to baby and resell, but by minorities to put 25" wheels on and paint to look like a candy bar.

Whatever is old on craigslist that isn't some boomer tier $15000 pile of rust.

The classic game isn't one you want to play if you're cheap though, shit will always be falling apart.

Pre-240 Volvo.

Do it faggot.

Unfortunatly cheap with a classic will involve lots of rust. If your up for body work and possible frame replacement any classic will work.

Try a ford fairlane.

Corvairs can be pretty fuckin cheap but the engines run hot enough to vaporize the gas while it's still in the fuel lines.
I'd say look for a 71-73 base Mustang.

25+ years car
whatever you can find

>tfw no Amazon

Plymouth Fury or Ford Maverick.

MGB. Pristine examples can be had for like $5000.

69 mustang hardtop with a 351w

Pretty surprised at how many classic car threads there have been lately. Anyway, smog era cars (from 72/73 on) are going to be the cheapest but are going to be the slowest. If you go before that be prepared for rust. Make sure you look under the car very good cause undercarriage will have the biggest holes (if there's holes on top there's holes underneath, ja feel?) Do your research on the car before you purchase it. Don't bother with the six cylinder version of any classic because it only made a 1-2 mpg difference and you can never get speed out of an old 6 it just isn't worth it. Best bet is to go on Craigslist, go into the search and put your budget and years of the cars you might want and start looking, because there's no definite answer to your question. Also everyone is negotiable unless stated, so usually you can talk people down from their price. Good luck op

The only muscle cars that are expensive are big block, manual transmission, high trim vehicles.

You can get a ton of base V8 muscle cars in nice shape for around 10-15k.

I hate the fact that just cause it has a manuél trans it means it's worth 5k more it's horse shit

BMW 2002 is surprisingly easy to find. Also, old Datsuns that aren't Z cars can be found and restored for pretty cheap.

el camino forsure
i've seen nice restored ones sell for $5K or less

Old Nissan/Datsun or Corolla

How about a first gen falcon? 2 door 144 with a manual trans.

You can thank automakers like GM who gave the 5.slow manual but the 5.7 350 was only available in auto for the Camaro during the time. Theres also that "rare" or hard to find factor because there's just less manuals out there

>1971
>Used

You don't say.

>Tatiana
>stupid script words over pics
Turn 360 degrees and walk away

Perhaps she placed the ad for her husband.

Thunderbirds, Fairlanes, Galaxies (not fastbacks), and Dodge Darts are pretty cheap to come by. Novas too. Anything 4-door is pretty cheap.

Cheap muscle car, you could go with a late 70s montecarlo or maybe a mid 80s one. Honestly if you want cheap though you're looking more for a turd gen camaro than anything else.

This honestly, you can get some pretty nice continental land yachts for under 7000

tbirds to

I dd my 79 Trans am I got for $3,800. I've noticed that on Craigslist other people's "good condition" is not my Idea of good condition. Just make sure it's not rusted to shit. Always ask questions to the seller and look at the underside, floor pans, trunk pan, and frame rails for rust. Shit like not working gauges, poorly grounded wires, and dirty carburetors are common along with bad brake lines, cracked windows, also broken or missing a/c and heat systems. If you can rebuild carburetors or know someone who can do that and diagnose strange engine sounds that comes in handy. Also if the engine has headers they leak on almost every car I've seen for sale. Speaking of leaks, Make sure to look for oil, anti freeze, and gas leaks. Note, if it's pissing liquids run like hell. Also when the engine is running if it smells like gas you either have a leak or the carb is running rich and would need tuned, cleaned, or rebuilt. I'm no expert but that is my advice from one noob to another. Pic is of my trans am.

>Recommends a turd gen camaro
>Doesn't even mention a fox body
shamefur

Also I'll use my trans am for an example here. The original owner put a different camshaft in the engine and never timed it right. Also the carb was filthy and needed to be set super rich to even get it to run. I'd been looking at camaros and other trans ams for months at this point and I finally settled for this one. When I first brought it home I regretted buying it because of the problems it had like the Engine, no heater core, and really messed up wiring. But this car was great underneath and not a single speck of rust anywhere to be found on the underside. It also had brand new tires and came with a replacement windshield. I ran the numbers and decided I like this one the best even with all of it's flaws because it would save me money in the long run due to it's lack of rust. Moral of the story is, bad rust is expensive as fuck. Also not to hijack the thread but how do these tires look? They are bigger than stock but do they look bad?

Pontiac LeMans are pretty cheap and affordable, even coupes and convertibles. I bought a running 72 LeMans Sport Convertible for $3k. Needs work and all but the fucker runs and looks nice to me.

Ford Torino, because rust and shit build quality. Cheapest full size muscle out there.

you can get them way cheaper than that too since everybody wanted the single headlight style instead of the four eyes

Maybe some other place but up here in Ohio these bring in some money. Especially a near rust free one. All the salt on the roads really does a number on these old cars. Also I'm a huge fan of the nose on the 79-80 trans ams.

>go to craiglist
>go to cars and trucks
>select V8
>Select RWD
>year 1950-1990

Land yachts can be had for pretty cheap. I just picked up this boat for $4900 with 50k original miles

that's beautiful

Pics of the interior?

Vortech V6 swap, bruh

and on the other end of the scale, I just picked this up for $725...

By classic you just mean old rather than well regarded and sought after?

TELL ME TO MY FACE I'M NOT A CLASSIC

oh yeah, and does anyone know how to record onto an 8 track?

You bet I do. What do you want on a tape?

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5672104861.html

That's a $5,000.00 car at most. They're asking twice the value of the car for a low-optioned example with fading paint, a bad respray, missing rubber, bad wiring issues, and Mexican modifications.

Also, I'm pretty sure that they've been using it as a storage shed of sorts; if nothing else, the entire headliner will have to be replaced and there are a lot of grease marks that will be very difficult to remove.

>if it's not RWD with a V8, then it's not a classic

undesirable at any price. yuck

Didn't get a chance to take pics yet but the interior is mint. These are from the CL ad.