>post what you've fixed on it recently
>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing
>post anything BMW

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=HqkyuIX-Vbk
youtube.com/watch?v=bRggDDbls9c
duraflexbodykits.com/1989-1995-bmw-series-e34-duraflex-look-front-bumper-cover-piece-duraflex-103205-p-265517.html
dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_82_127_186
treasure.craigslist.org/cto/5669615050.html
9thgencivic.com/forum/exterior-styling/9871-diy-smoke-tail-lights-using-vht-niteshades-**reflection-finish-**.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are generals always so obnoxious?

STOP creating new threads when the old one is still alive, you massive fucking cancer faggot. Create a new one when the old one is on page 8 or something, NOT when it's on page fucking one or two!

Is this the buyers remorse thread?

Bump

Ya cunts should stop sucking eachother off and take a breath. Nobody complains when there are three /dbt/ threads on the board at once.

We are at the bump limit and this is the only chance to post the header image I made while in these remote mountains, so chill.

I don't know how you could regret one of those, who cares about money when you have an M635CSi.

They've become a meme in themselves. And memes are, without exception, obnoxious shit.

>Nobody complains when there are three /dbt/ threads on the board at once.
Actually, several people complain, including me, and this shit is going to provoke the mods into cracking down on generals. Just watch.

They've yet to take care of alphonse

Among cleaning up shitposters (notably the MUH FF IS JUST AS GOOD and HURR DURR AMERISHIT ones plaguing every thread), this board needs most of the generals and dailies on here need to be removed completely.

This is one of the only few that actually talks about cars instead of just blogging incessantly

Alphonse is impossible to take care of, he has too many IPs

last night the janitor stopped alphonse as he tried to nuke the board

you mean the
>I didn't research at all so i had no idea what i was getting into when i bought a bmw for 1500$ thread?

you fellas need to calm down, or take a break from Veeky Forums.
clearly you spend too much time here. it's not healthy.

>containment threads are bad

Sup lads I'm thinking of buying a e46 330Cd LCI any known weak spots I should know of also how gay will I look in one of these?

It might just be my autism but I think a true BMW should have a gasoline engine and a manual transmission. That being said, the 3.0 diesel is the best sounding diesel I've ever heard

Yeah those i6 Diesel's sure are neat. I just prefer an diesel over gasoline because gas is pretty expensive here in Euroland.

youtube.com/shared?ci=HqkyuIX-Vbk

Or mods could actually do their fucking jobs. Generals (which take up half the board space) just encourage circlejerking and makes the posters way too confident; for example I've been seeing way more civic drivers shitposting about every RWD car under the planet after /hg/ became a thing

>i don't know how to filter threads
shitposting is and will always be a thing

>Ignoring the problem is a perfectly acceptable solution

what is the problem though? just stay the fuck away from our threads if you're so triggered or just fuck off somewhere else

not a fan of Diesels, but i recall seeing a topgear video where the diesel equivalent of the 5 series was faster than the petrol one

as long as you get the 330d (biggest diesel engine right?) i think you should be fine as they're fucking powerful.

Am I going to be bored going from an actual sports car to an E92? (Not a Miata, although I do also own one).

You realize I'm not the one complaining about this thread, right. I'm talking about circlejerks which are just blogging and shitposting like /dat/, /osg/, /hg/ etc.

Given BMW owner stereotypes this general is actually pretty decent.

i don't see a problem with these threads i just scroll past them

>want an 01/02 z3 3.0 manual, in good mechanical and cosmetic condition, don't care about mileage

what should i be expecting to pay in the northeast? like 8k?

i wanna z3 real bad

When I was looking for one they would run up to about 12k for a decent one with reasonable mileage (sub 100k) (also NE). Ended up buying a NB Miata for half that in really good condition and don't regret it in the slightest.

the fallback is a 99/00 2.8 manual in good condition, because you can do an s52 cam swap and get great power out of it, with turbo/supercharger options later

i mean i like the miata and all but....the z3 seems more interesting to me, more comfortable as a daily as well

Oh, for a DD yes, I'd recommend an I6 Z3.

but then again its a bmw so have fun at the dealership

3.0's go from between 9500 and 12000

for 8 grand you're thinking of a 2.5i

just get an M roadster

I'm still saving up for an M coupe, gon b gud

>dealership
>implications
only go to an indie for stuff i dont want to/cant tackle

what about a 2.5 and then put a used supercharger on it?

You're better off with an M roadster.

can be had for less than 3.0s go for, and have similar power and better looks (imo)

3.0's are expensive because they're marginally rarer than 2.5i's, especially in manual.

youtube.com/watch?v=bRggDDbls9c

2003 330xi

278,000 miles and counting

whew and I thought my 237k mile 328ci was high mileage

Still looking at this Z3. Gonna call some local BMW shops tomorrow for opinions on the cracks; based on my research the repairs/improvements should be well within my purchase budget. Also ordering a PPI, if that doesn't turn up anything else I'll go ahead and make plans to buy it.
Cracks here btw

I did my part in pulling the alarm, I wonder if people usually do or just hide.

You realise without general threads there would be 20+ threads for the same posts that would otherwise be just one thread, that last only a day or two each? With generals we can have a lot more content on the board at once.

Besides, they allow people to post what they otherwise probably wouldn't bother to make their own thread for.

Anybody have experience with duraflex body kits? I have a 94 530i and I really like the look of the M5 front bumper.

If Duraflex sucks what would you recommend?

miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5659759647.html worth the look?

This?
duraflexbodykits.com/1989-1995-bmw-series-e34-duraflex-look-front-bumper-cover-piece-duraflex-103205-p-265517.html

Well it is FRP with "flex resins". People seem to say they generally do not fit well and/or are lacking in OEM features.

If you are going FRP or CFRP I'd recommend DTM FiberWerkz, although they don't seem to have one that really looks like an M5 bumper. They will need a bit of fitment but DTM is a lot closer to the community, I don't think you could say that about the other.

dtmfiberwerkz.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_82_127_186

I was going to get a CFRP GTR hood from them but the M3 went RIP so that was cancelled. Might do it some day though.

Silver 540i e39 driver with the 6 speed, can you tell me which rims you are currently driving?

Well it doesn't *look* damaged... all photos are taken at night, remind you. Not exactly shiny but then again that may just be the dull lighting. For my tastes the interior is rather bland, just a mix of grey inside and out. Ask for a VIN and if he has service records.

Here is a pretty sharp looking 330ci. Not much on it but appears clean. Owner is probably old and can't take photos.

treasure.craigslist.org/cto/5669615050.html

Unless it is a 335i or M3, probably. The lesser e92s power does not justify their size.

>from an actual sports car

What actual sports car? Just say what it is, unless you're too insecure about your choices in life to do so.

OK guys, don't know if this got answered in the last thread, but I didn't get to check so I'm asking again!

Ignition doesn't always seem to work. Turn the key, nothing. No cranking, no tick tick dead battery noise. Just nothing. Now, it doesn't always do this, and there doesn't seem to be any reason behind it. Any ideas?

E36 in case you wanted to know that.

What have you already checked? Maybe the starter is broken or isn't getting any power.

Lol, I haven't checked anything.

But it does work most of the time, just turn it on and it works, just sometimes it won't do anything. So I don't even really know where to begin.

could be a fuse? maybe it shakes a bit and sometimes it won't make a good contact

bangle era bimmer owner checking in

Nice 7, I prefer the pre-facelift ones.

Aww yiss, it finally came. Had a 7.62x51 FMJ round hanging from my old 7 series keys and a 7.62x39 from my 5 series keys. You know, small bang and big bang?

>tfw will never own a newer 7 series
It's suffering, I'll pretend to fit in with my ancient shitbox.

You don't want a 7 series, believe me. The model in that pic is considered to be the most unreliable 7 series ever made.

That the E65? Everyone's been always talking shit about the 7 series, no matter what model, they're always considered the very epitome of bad engineering and shit going wrong left and right.

it's not that bad honestly, owned for almost a year, we haven't had any problems yet, 300k km mileage
it's more reliable than my mates e46 and my ex Merc W211 surely

Just got her yesterday
Shifts so much smoother than the Subaru I traded for it. loving the interior quality, wood paneling and regal leather seats. The V6 almost makes up for the lack of a twin turbo, but I plan on fixing that.

Runs well, but sometimes it pops out of gear if I let off the gas suddenly..

All in all happy with the trade. People respect beemers more than other cars, my girlfriend's dad very politely asked me if he could drive it to the store while I was visiting. Felt good man

Man, that is so nice.

>V6
Am I being baited here?

>v6
you need to research your car much, much more so you can fix it, otherwise you're going to get bit in the ass

Be gentle, I'm a new carfag. What's the deal?

BMW has never released a car with a V6. Always INLINE 6 engines if it's a 6 cylinder.

Easiest way to trigger BMW people, as you can see, is call it a V6.
V8 and V12 are there and cool though.

Ahh. Okay, I can see how that would sound stupid, I grew up in a hick town so I don't know cars, just trucks. Excuse my pesantry

What's that little cutie you got there anyway?

i assume you've had no problems with maintenance because its got a small engine

there's a lot of 745i's here

do want, those interiors look so comfy.

It was a close decision in between two beemers and I may be wrong but I believe this one is the E36 318i, still don't have the BMW naming system fully figured out

Man, I think that looks more like an E39 5 series to me than an E36.
Also, if it's 6 cylinder then no way in hell is it going to be an 318 or x18 anything

Not bad, but if you want to go for class, I'd recommend going smoked as the clears look kinda trashy on black.

This, keep the wheels, get some smoked lights and you'll be soon riding windows up and AC full blast all the time because even the slightest crack in the window will fill the car with drenched pussy.

You could be right. I'm sifting through my craigslist history trying to find the add I followed up on. Kinda hard when I've been searching for almost a month and visited at least 15 cars.
I feel like an extreme tier scrub for not knowing exactly what it is

Smoked front and back?
Sometimes I find matte smoked lights clash with the shiny black, but you could be right

That looks good, how do you smoke it without it being dull black?

post your waifu-car

>~selling for 140k and going up
>that sweet m5 engine

fuck

Who said you can only have matte? Just do some wet sanding and polish them if it comes out too matte.
9thgencivic.com/forum/exterior-styling/9871-diy-smoke-tail-lights-using-vht-niteshades-**reflection-finish-**.html

These cars were awful brand new

but so sexy

When I have a stable enough career to keep the S70 V12 running...

The engine sounds so amazing.

Mark my words, I will one day buy a god damn 850 and drive the fuck out of it. When shit inevitably fails, I will cry and fix the fuck out of it so I can drive some more fucks out of it.
If my 750 is something to go by, it isn't anything too unmanageable as long as you keep up with maintenance and take care of it. Sure, shit is a pain in the ass to maintain, but nothing an afternoon and some hard swearing won't get fixed, like them spark plugs for example.

That's a good tutorial. Thanks user. I bookmarked that, will do that after I do the oil change and swap all the filters!

Dude is selling a 2009 328i coupe for $12k (can) with 145000kms.
I've mostly only driven Nissan's and Chevy's. What should I look for when inspecting the car?

I was the dude who posted a while back about buying a '91 850i. Research showed that parts cost is literally astronomical. Deff a car that requires a secondary car as a DD.

Man, i don't see parts costing THAT much at least for my 750, if we keep the SLS out of the equation.
Also, it's not like shit is going to break down every other day.
Even more so, it's probably not a car anyone would daily anyway.

just wondering, what do you guys do to be able to afford these cars?

Work and spend every single penny you get on your shitbox.

Most cars in here aren't really expensive

>You realise without general threads there would be 20+ threads for the same posts that would otherwise be just one thread, that last only a day or two each? With generals we can have a lot more content on the board at once.
>Besides, they allow people to post what they otherwise probably wouldn't bother to make their own thread for.
You realize I'm not or anybody crying about this thread. I'm saying a lot of generals that aren't this thread are complete cancer that do nothing but encourage shitposting outside of the generals OR they're just not car-related period. Mods are lazy assholes who show time and time again they won't bother actually doing their job.

Well, fuck. Power was my main concern; I test drove an E90 and it wasn't too bad but I don't know if I'd get bored and there's no way I'm dealing with the moneypit of a 335i
370z. I have multiple reasons to want to sell it within a year

Change your cabin filters bois
Love the E60. Beautiful car. Although I think I'd rather have the E39.

everyone here except the guy with the M6 and v12 7 series owns cars that are cheap to maintain

also

post cute webm's

You'll enjoy it, going from a 370Z to a 335i. Its not that much of a money pit.

Alternatively pay a little more and look out for a E92 M3 ($26-34k) or Z4M Coupe ($22-26k)

hah, thats disgusting.

not my problem thankfully, Z3's don't even have cabin filters.

Eh, basically everything I've read on the internet about the 335i ranged from "The last word I would use to describe this car is reliable" to "Please fucking kill me for buying this". The M3 is a bit out of my price range and I'm not really interested in a Z4M or Z4 period.

Really, on the note of the 335i, "BMW" "forced induction" and "used" just doesn't sit well with me period; at least half of the used E92s around here are 335is which leads me to believe people are trying to get rid of their moneypits

okay user

clearly, you're not interested in owning a bmw at all

period

missing out on good shit though. :)

It's more that I'm not overlooking legitimate concerns for the badge despite originally asking about a specific BMW anyway.

Just wondering, did the 4 Series end up numb and pigfat like the F30 or no?

According to Winding Road, yes it was pretty numb

Well fuck, I really wanted to like it but I guess that's out.

Check out the series

e65 745i's are indeed problematic (vanos, valvetronic)
mine is a 3.0 diesel i6 turbo

Can any one recommend a good shop knowledgeable with BMWs in northwest Houston?

Wot

Oops.
Check out the 2 series

Essentially this.

You better not be trying to buy that Z3 out from under me fgt