/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless Legend and 4X Games General

Improved Frogman Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Some mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/289070
youtu.be/GjHZYnpCMx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm wondering how NQ group will do the multiple leaders with drafting.
Will you get a civ and get to pick any leader from that civ or will you ban specific leaders or what?

second for we should allow /wgg/ and /cbg/

who and who?

>Small map.
>Large islands.
>Default leader only.
>No turn limit.
>Final Destination.

>The 'Leader Bonus' not being part of the civ UA implies as much to me, but I could be wrong.

Civ V was similar. For some reason a civ's UA is located under the leader's civilopedia entry while UU's and UB's are located under the civ's entry. Maybe they planned to do multiple leavers for V and scrapped it or something.

wargames general and city builder general

Shit, guys, I really need to vaccuum my bathroom -- there's hair fucking everywhere.

So, what do we think of Norway?

>Boot up a game of Civ VI
>get colonized by six different British kingdoms

>unique melee unit with low defense
shit
>worse polynesia bonus
worse than shit
>unique early boat
useless
>melee boats pillaging coastal tiles
I don't know but it seems shit

shit/10
basing off civ 5 knowledge entirely

What if they decide to give every civ a female leader?

So, the United States can be ruled by Betsy Ross?

Genghis Khan was confirmed as a Great General.

Not that they can't just do like with City-States in Civ V and replace him if/when they want him as a leader, but personally it's preliminary evidence that Mongolia will probably have Kublai Khan first in VI.

Good luck doing that

for anyone that doesnt think multiple leaders arent coming into the game, its been confirmed several times. the picture is from the livestream where ed beach leaked all the leaders. theres also the civ 6 steam page store.steampowered.com/app/289070 where it even says, for the digital deluxe edition
> and access to four post-launch DLC packs that will add new maps, scenarios, civilizations and leaders for a bundled discount.

Genghis was both a great general and a leader at the same time in Civ V, so that doesn't really stop them

There was one post on civfanatics I think where someone made a female ruler for all the civ5 civs, even things like mongolia or arabia. Almost all of them were theodora/gorgo/catherine de drinksredwinefromachampagneglass tier bad

christ, I refreshed and forgot to actually post the image again....

They're pretty good. The game encourages playing wide it seems so being able to open up options for expansion early will probably come in handy. Raiding stealing more than just gold makes it both super oppressive and useful for catching up or getting ahead. Stave church is s little boring though.

So which civ will you niggas play first?

I'm kind of torn between China and Aztecs, they seem god tier for wonderwhoring and warmongering respectively and their bonuses are useful right away in the early game and stay relevant throughout the entire game

he's actually a khan in civ 5, they have their own list of names and normally are either exclusive to mongolia or can only show up in a city-state if mongolia isn't in the game

>Batu
>Berke
>Genghis
>Guyuk
>Hulegu
>Kublai
>Möngke
>Möngke Temür
>Ogedei
>Temür

Okay, what if Greece will be revealed last as the debut of the multiple leaders tech, with the Trireme being unique to Pericles (Athenian Navy) and the Hoplite being unique to Gorgo (Spartan Army)?

Best OP. They finally fixed Mr. Potato Head.

Kongo or Rome. Both are likely to be able to pursue any victory condition.

Like those plane and tank games? Why would they be in here?

Your policy cards can and will be obsoleted as you progress in eras.

I expect we'll see a lot of visual improvement as it gets closer to release. I hope they release a Pedro with a better shaped head, and make the arms and necks on most of them not munted.

China's been my favorite civ since Civilization 2, so I'll naturally roll with them first. Norway looks pretty fun for the new archipelago type map too.

I hope they fix up Pedro's face soon

Great Persons have never been exclusive with Civilization leaders
I'm pretty sure Brennus was a GG in Civ IV

they arent that bad once I looked at the bonuses more. originally I thought they blew chunks. but they're basically just pillaging-the civ. and thats not a bad thing in 6.
from the stream, you actually get a lot of shit for pillaging tiles. 50 gold for sacking a horse tile, 25 science for a copper mine, but it doesnt seem to really heal you for much anymore. I forgot the values for civ 5 but it seems higher.
both their ships and embarked units can enter deep water after an early tech as well, great for colonizing...everywhere. they're obviously going to be a lot better on sea maps, like britian, but the pillaging makes them alright, especially since people wont have many workers around for tile repair, and that takes time. might be viable to just raid, pillage shit, and leave.

>I expect we'll see a lot of visual improvement as it gets closer to release

I had high hopes but zero expectations, so I'm fairly happy they're re-working some of the leaders. Visual style for a game this far into development rarely changes much, if at all.

Kinda figures. Though we had heard about that already.

I hope obsolete policies still continue to have a reduced and inefficient effect, so you can create your perfect stagnant hell of a government.

no, your thinking about simulation like DCS and """"""simulation"""""" like war thunder and world of tanks

>might be viable to just raid, pillage shit, and leave.
Don't forget that since they can load on and off ships without extra movement points and because ships can enter deep sea that their transports can basically hide out of attack or even sight range of your own naval patrols. It doesn't matter if you redeploy your army to fight his raiders because he'll hop back onto the boat and row out into the ocean where your triremes and shit can't hit him.

Maybe one of those is a straight upgrade? Or maybe it just becomes completely obsolete, like scouts at public schools.

I'm hoping Rome's bonuses/playstyle are going to be more focused around expanding + setting up infrastructure rather than just being yet another pure warmonger civ

Visual style no, but the textures and the models can be tightened up, worked on through community feedback and adjusted. There's also a chance that the first look videos were made ages ago, and prepared in advance for release.

ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE THAT CATHERINE BITCH DRINK THE CORRECT WINE FROM THE CORRECT GLASS?
HOLY FUCK THIS TRIGGERS ME TO NO END.

honestly his hands are the best improvement. they arent extremely chunky and veiny anymore. but he still looks weird. they exchanged his frog eyes for bug eyes. but at least it looks like I can take him seriously now.

In some spots, his beard doesn't look connected to his face to me

I would speculate that the Baths will be a Roman replacement for the Sewers, available with a civic or earlier than Sanitation. So you'll be similarly focused on building up a large population.

They're likely to have the legionaries, which I suspect will build roads similarly to Civ V, to aid both attack and defence.

Their ability should be something like Pax Romana, boosting amenities or whatever.

Trajan's bonus could be to conquering lower tech Civs, or a building like the Forum to replace the market.

So overall focused on building an efficient road network to move the military, building big, happy cities and either conquering barbarians or making the dosh to pay for it all.

Could be an upgrade.

>Insulae (Games and Recreation): +1 Housing in all cities with at least 2 specialty districts.

Medina Quarter could potentially be a +Housing upgrade.

youtu.be/GjHZYnpCMx0
Religion/Norway showcase stream vid for those who missed it.

Forgot to add, map is looking gorgeous. They've certainly done something in the polishing stage to make things flow better.

He looks fairly accurate to contemporary depictions of him.

Loving the day and night cycle desu. Night looks amazing.

Am I right in understanding that religious "wars" can be fought during peacetime? Apostles can throw thunderbolts at each other regardless of diplomatic status between civs? Would make playing a peaceful & religious civ much more engaging.

Pretty sure that's the intent. You'd take a diplomatic hit from waging religious war and open yourself up to a casus belli, but you don't have to be at open war to do it.

>Holy War: Used to declare war on a power that has religiously converted one of your cities. All warmonger penalties halved.

It's basically a flashy visual representation of a religious debate as I understood it from the stream. So yeah, even Ghandi can sling the wrath of Vishnu while at peace.

Are death stacks back in Civ 6 to ruin my fun?

No. You can attach support units to other units. Like battering rams to swordsman, or aa guns to infantry, but you can only have one fighting combat unit per tile.

Rockin'. Thanks senpai.

That sounds pretty good without being too OP.

Which victory condition do you guys want to go for first?

Anschluss.

Probably domination with a dash of religion, just to get a feel for it all.

Also, aren't Norway also more powerful as a raiding-focused Civ because you can pillage buildings in districts now? Will that render them useless until repaired? Can you stop the construction of buildings by pillaging the district that's building it?

Do you prefer 4x games with huge armies of relatively weak and insignificant units or do you prefer games with relatively small but powerful units.

I'm a sucker for elites and I've never liked to micro units

>I would speculate that the Baths will be a Roman replacement for the Sewers
It's the replacement for aqueducts or some shit
Either way the Romans should easily have all three.

Oh was it confirmed? Baths REPLACING aqueducts seems retarded.

>romans famous for baths
>romans famous for sewers
>romans famous for aqueducts
>but they only get the baths and everyone else gets aqueducts despite them being more or less miniature wonders because of the engineering ability needed to create them

Nice, scout and commando trees.

Gonna have to start building more.

Yeah, IMO the aqueduct should be a unique improvement a-la the great wall that carries fresh water from a mountain/lake/river to the next tile over.

A fully upgraded version is going to be absolutely ungodly to take down huh

>roman ability
>all roads lead to rome
>get special roads that use a little bit less movement and generate production between connections
i don't know

I wonder if this is the death of scout archers, because if so that instant upgrade into the Ranger will be godly.

Something like Auxiliary Legions might be cool where you have a chance of straight-up recruiting enemy units for gold when you defeat them.

This is fucking retarded, because "all roads lead to rome" means Rome was a basically a center of universes at those times. Even civ5 grasped this concept better.

>All Roads Lead To Rome
>All trade routes on the same continent WILL pass through your original capital
>Receive a portion of the yields of all trade routes that pass through your territory

Gives everyone a nice gold boost from the trade post thing and gives you your due.

Well it also referred to the fact that for most of Europe at the time, your roads were either Roman roads or simply nonextant. Roadbuilding is apparently surprisingly hard without organized workforces.

Sounds overpowered.

What's the difference between surprise war and regular war in the new civ?

Surprise War gives more warmonger penalties and I think it's basically no-CB war and/or on-contact wars.

Okay I've got it.

>Pax Romana
>No extra unhappiness in occupied cities
>Receive a 5% boost to culture output in the capital for every occupied city

>declare war on someone
>sit a raiding unit in Rome
>watch as the world economy simply falls apart

I still like my Auxiliary Legion idea. We can put other bonuses on the leader himself, auxilia were a thing since Punic-War periods all the way to the fall of Rome.

>bringing occupation/puppet mechanic back
Into the trash it goes

You can always declare a surprise war, but you get diplomatic warmonger penalties that crank way up the later in the eras the game is (Ancient era wars are essentially free).

A justified war needs some kind of condition to be met to declare, even if that's just "denounced a civ for five turns", and have varying amounts of warmonger penalty reduction.

I like the auxiliary idea too. What about being able to recruit the unique units of other civs if you own one of their cities?

Speaking of shit that happens after you take a city
The thing I hated most about wars in Civ V was how fucking long it took to raze a goddamn settlement.

That might work. It also sounds hella overpowered but FOR THE GLORY OF ROME

what about receiving bonus gold in your capital for every city that follows a different religion?
kind of like how in roman culture all religions were tolerated as long as they paid their dues to the empire

That sounds fuggin ridiculous and Roman law didn't have all that many special taxes for people of different religions. If anything Arabia or something should have that for muh Jizya tax.

I want warmonger to tick down as time goes on. It's fucking stupid that people hate you for taking a city two thousand years ago.

even if it was 1 gold per city, that would easily be 30+ cities in the medieval era.

rome will probably have similar bonuses to 5. legions will be able to build roads/forts, (possibly without losing strength like builders) there will be some form of production bonus, either for cities linked by roads, or just a capital based one, and baths will most likely give bonus amenities or housing.

Isn't it already? Check out the 21:20 mark of the norway/spain vid above. That's definitely an aqueduct spanning a tile from a river to a fresh-waterless city centre.

Immortal leaders have very long memories I suppose.
>take a city near the start of the game
>get denounced 1000 years later by a civilization that never met the one I killed
Like seriously what is their justification

What is the justification for having campuses benefit from mountains?

what the fuck are all these shitty non-relevant civs being announced?

>possibly without losing strength like builders

Builders don't build roads or forts at all any more. The military engineer, which does, doesn't use charges for it.

Space telescopes.

Currently it's a district, I mean a unique improvement for the Romans

You can rename units?

no one knows if they use charges to build roads or forts. we havent seen them in the game yet.

Observatories?
It's kind of stupid though.
Maybe they just want to make mountains not be a useless -1 tile for your city.

Ye I think so

Legions might just replace the military engineer outright, I mean Roman Legions literally had engineer platoons attached to them.

>Thundercock of the North
>shitty

I haven't seen it in action yet, but I remember early on they said the world wouldn't hate you forever for waging war once in the early game, so there must be some factors in play for reducing your warmonger score.

They showed it off in one of the earlier streams, I think units automatically get names if they get 1 or 2 promotions and you can rename them if you like?

>This Quest
WHY
WHY IS THIS EVEN IN THE GAME

You can rename units in civ 5

almost every organised army had engineer divisions in a platoon.