Halo lights? Anyone used them?

I'm thinking about installing these in my car, but I wanted to know if anyone else has ever tried them and if anybody has any recommendations. I also want to add underglow to the car and could use recommendations for that as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How Mexican are you

0%

We're going to party like its 2001!

youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

only look good on BMWs.

This is actually relevant to my interests. I want to do the same with my '66 Imperial and have it so that, at the flip of a switch, I have green halo lights.

Though, it would make sense on my car.

None of what you want to do is safe or legal, refrain from doing this.

What's unsafe or illegal about it?

It varies by state. He's just a faggot.

>
Only faggots do anything aftermarket to their headlights. It's all rice and looks like shit. And any lights on the front of your car other than white and amber are illegal.

/thread

This. OEM or get the fuck off my board, you ricer fag.

So the legalities vary by state and there's nothing unsafe about it? Good to know

Pretty much all aftermarket vehicle lighting is non compliant with FMVSS 108 (of course there are exceptions, but it isn't the cheap stuff you want). Then these are green, so even if they were properly engineered they still wouldn't comply. You're trading adequately performing and safely colored headlamps for Chink garbage. It doesn't just affect your stupid ass, so don't do it.
The F in FMVSS stands for Federal.

What about demon eyes?

No. Do not modify your vehicle's external lighting.

objectively wrong

>missing your car's headlights to look like that

God these things are dumb. In 5 years they will be the new altezza lights.

I have them, but the that's because it came stock on E39's, and it compliments the design of the vehicle. I only like them on BMW's and Challengers. Maybe a couple of others. I honestly wouldn't get tacky ones like the one in your pic, just get white angel eyes if you really need them.

*wanting

>boo hoo no fun allowed
What a fucking wet blanket you are

There's no room for fun in life critical equipment.

>small colored circle around a headlight fixtures
>life critical equipment

Go protest against dangerous assault vehicles you cocksleeve.

External vehicle lighting is life critical equipment, yes. Confusion, reduced visibility, and glare are all dangerous.
Go find some other toy to play with, child.

This doesn't replace the headlight, how will it do any of that? Do you think he stock halos on an E39 or a Challenger is meant for driver visibility?

>calling other people children like some pretentious fuckwit over halos
I'd put money on the fact that I'm older than you, you fedora-tipping fruitcake

You might be older but you're still a fucking retard. Stop fucking with shit you don't know about. What's wrong with you people?

You aren't special. Being the internet police makes you look like a colossal fagget. If it doesn't affect the functionality, brightness, or location of the headlight, why the fuck would it matter?

Personally I think it is ricey and douchey, but that is my opinion.

Now improperly done HIDs are a different story. Totally unsafe and illegal. Don't forget to use proper lenses and aiming shitlords.

>anybody has any recommendations.
Check with your state laws as to legal colors you can have for external car lighting. Some states don't allow colors, some do, and some don't allow colors if viewable from the rear or front of the car. Most states don't allow undercarriage lighting if the car is on a public thoroughfare, but will allow it in parking lots and private property.

I wanted to make my reverse lights brighter. When you shift into reverse, you get two bright white tail lights. Evidently, it's not legal to make them significantly deviate. That's a shame since I wanted to make them each be 400 lumens bright using LED lights. That's because people keep walking in back of my car as I am backing out of a parking space. I am already moving, yet they enter into my path. It's scary since I don't want to hit them. Maybe the brighter lights will persuade them not to walk into my car's path. But no, the state won't allow external light brightness mods.

So, check with your state laws too. You don't want to be surprised with a FIX-IT ticket.

I remember a time many years ago when there were cars with differently colored external lights. License plate lights would be bluish, some running lights were yellowish, and people had ricey brake light covers. But we got a republican governor and then all the laws were changed to be stricter and give fines for disobedience. So now all the covers and lights are all standard. A few still remain here and there and they'll be yanked back to reality when a cop pulls them over for a ticket.

My state is not entirely cruel. You can have colored lights on private property. But you will have to change your bulbs before going onto a public road and turn off undercarriage lights. Do you remember those christmas wreaths that some people mount on the front grille as holiday ornaments? Some of those had lights and those were outlawed too.

pic related, my old shitbox I fucked around with. I think halos can look good on the right car.

You guys sound like jaloopoonik.
>MUH STOCK
>MUH CAR MOLESTATION
>MUH LAWS
fucking no wonder none of you have gfs. I don't think you could be more whiny or annoying. The only correct answer was FPBP
The rest of you are autistic for actually putting thought into it.

Don't know about cars but I had to put my headlight assembly in the oven to install my halos. I haven't finished connecting the wiring though. Cops in NYC dont have a problem with light modifications, I've even asked them about using blue. It's nice not getting killed at night.

Now I want an Integra with halo lights. I know this is a Ford, but I don't want a Ford.

Oh yeah I also had to do some drilling. Worth it though. Halogen a shit.

>confusion, reduced visibility, and glare
I think these are pretty ricey, but how would these lights do any of that?