ITT: The person who was the oldest when making the driver license wins the thread

also, how much did you pay for it

Op what the fuck are you talking about. Also in america the only expense you have to pay relating to a car license is the 5 dollars after you pass your permit test.

A growing amount of people in Europe don't even get the license anymore because it is not unusual that you have to pay over 2000 euros to get one.

Combine that with fuck expensive gas prices, insurance, taxes and in some countries hilariously overpriced shitboxes and you get a growing population of license-less people.

That is leftie as shit but true. My roommate (I'm a student) needs license and a car but can't afford it. He enjoys public transport not because it's his only option but cuz it's good in there, but once he wants to work somewhere else, he's fucked.

I got my license when I was 17 if that's what you're asking. It was pretty cheap too

19 to get my permit

>got my license at 21
i win
also it was free

>free
Somebody somewhere payed for it

I think its pretty cool that people overthere can rely on public transport

In my area it's actually usable and reliable, relatively clean and kind of not stressful at all if you just want to get from home into the city and from there directly to your office or use the bicycle to get there.

I always wanted to make the license and own a car (I fucking love cars) but the bad thing about OK and sufficient public transport is it makes having a car luxury, especially when you look at the costs involved around here. Like someone mentioned before it's fuck expensive around here.

And always when I had 1.5k together either something happened or I just needed the money for more imporant things than to spend it just to get the license.

Enjoy your freedoms, burgerbros.

I still dont have my license

waste of time

>$5
Must be nice, in Kansas it's like $20. Or at least that's what it costs to get a new one, can't remember what it cost the first time.

Arizona is on a sliding scale based on age. I had no idea. They also make you update your photo every 12 or so years and charge you like $12 for the new one.

>got license at 19 was 36$ for permit test passed driving test and got license
>currently 23 and renewed my license 3 weeks ago. cost me 36$ and had to take a new photo
im in northern california

License and shitbox car at 16 because living in rural Washington and taking a bus that runs 4 times in 24 hours and not on Sundays gets pretty old.

I think it was $40? It was awhile ago before driver licensing went private. My wife paid about $120 two years ago.

Literally got license the day I turned 16
Skipped class, took the test, passed, and then picked up friends for lunch

Got license at age 28, it cost ~1200EUR (it was in 2010)

winrar

Got my permit at 16, didn't get my license until age 20.

>16
Older brother was 18, high school seniors were allowed to drive to school

>17-18
Older brother had car at college, no car for me

>19-20
Freshmen and sophomores were not allowed to have cars, older brother had car at school.

Once my brother graduated college and I had a car to drive, THEN I got my license.

17 what do I win

Norway here.

Cost me 2700$, passed theory and practical exam on first try, took no lessons besides the obligatory.

i was 18, didnt pay anything

i know a guy back in highschool who failed like 4 times, he had to pay 20$ for every retest. im pretty sure he still doesn't have his license to this day

22 when I got my learners permit, so ill be 26 when I get my full licence
Do I get a prize?

18 y/o
About 20 000 SEK (~2300 USD), including cost of the license, obligatory lessons (not really obligatory, just recommended), theoretical test and practical test.

why are you waiting 4 years to get you real license?

How the fuck does your government justify demanding that much money for a drivers license?

23, march 2016. paid like 600 euro total for it. didn't sign up for school lessons, just driving lessons and the tests. fucking sucked, but was more than worth it.

gf got it for like a bit less than 350, and so did her brother.

Australia, 1 year on learners and 3 on provisional

Got it last month, im 22. I put about $700 into it.

6 hours of paid lessons, 2 tests, 2 rentals, +fees.

:/

in MA its 85 base, 35 road test and 50 printing fee. Each additional test is +35 until you pass. I failed first test, cancelled second, and past 3rd for my license bill to total $240.

Pretty much everyone is a rich fuck in Norway, that's why everything is fuck expensive.

If you're poor there, you're even poorer than anywhere else in Yurop.

>all that ripping off

This thread proves that Veeky Forums eurofags deserve more pity than hate.

Wtf, I feel sad now.

How does your government justify the traffic accidents caused by the lack of necessary education?

Regular DL at 16
Class A at 22

>enjoys public transport
Yuros really believe this...

I would rather be stuck in stop and go traffic in my own car and deal with a 20min longer commute than have to take the train or bus.

i was 18, was cheap, like $25 or something? had to renew after 5 years and that cost me like $80

Illinois was something like $25-$30 to get a new copy of you DL or CDL

Last time I was at the FL DMV a couple years ago, a regular DL was around $50 and my CDL with endorsements was like $90.

Florida is only so expensive because there is no state income tax. So you get to keep more of your paycheck, but certain state stuff costs a little more. Transferring titles and getting new plates is kinda expensive but yearly registration is still close to what other states charge.

>30
>never the 2k to do the license
>perfect public transportation around for job and school back then

>probably very soon too old to learn it properly anyway

shit fucking sucks

Canadacuck here. Got my learner's at 19, and full permit at 22.

However I had my PAL/RPAL within a month of turning 18, and that's actually surprising knowing how slow the CFC is with paperwork.

somewhere in the ballpark of €1400.
Buddy's mom got her baiku license at 50. Dropped more than €3000 for it, 5 years and thousands miles later she still rides like shit though.

If we removed all the Mexicans we wouldn't have this problem

>she still rides like shit though.

at least your buddy's mom pays you decently for it

I made the first post. I live in pennsylvania and I didn't realize how bad it was in other parts of the world, let alone some parts of the us. The 5$ is only there so you won't try to retake it every day if you keep failing the test, its not even a real charge.

But posting on an automotive imageboard when you don't have a license is time well spent?