Time for your daily dose of Crown Vic owner autism. Why do they do it? Why do they want to be cops so bad...

Time for your daily dose of Crown Vic owner autism. Why do they do it? Why do they want to be cops so bad? Why do they stick heavy bullbars on their car that reduce MPGs and serve no purpose but to give the appearance of a police car?

Why do they insist on attaching antennas to their car that are entirely useless but give off the appearance of a cop?

Why do they insist they bought the car because >muh comfy but in reality they just want the authority on the road they've lacked their whole lives? It's clear as day I mean who would purposely cuck themselves to buying a barebones 4000 pound sedan that's underpowered, gets terrible fuel economy and is usually beat to shit and has hundreds of thousands of miles?

Cop rice.

>not wearing aviator shades while you drive your vic
>not following random people around and occasionally putting your phone to your mouth like a walkie talkie
>not parking at random peoples houses in the morning before they go to work and driving off as they get out to start their car in the morning

I had a mercury marquis and at night people would see the grill and lights and slow the fuck down, slowing me down.

Its very annoying and I dont know why people like this.

I love crown vics, but wannabe cops are faggots that ruin them for everyone.

idk but maybe it's just because I live 74% nog cesspit but I've only seen niggers driving them ironically, even before i had to move here

I want to buy a p71 and turn it into a ute is that so wrong

>barebones 4000 pound sedan that's underpowered, gets terrible fuel economy and is usually beat to shit and has hundreds of thousands of miles?

Literally everything you said there was wrong.

Shit bait mate

>tfw no piggie spec V8 landbarge to spook spooks in

Honestly i kinda want one.
Tired of driving econoboxes and want something to cruise around in.
They look like they can be made into comfy cruisers.

I wouldnt have a bullbar but i might keep the spotlights

You realize most people buy liquidated/auctioned off crown vics that were actually used by cops at one point? That is why they usually come with all that shit already on it and most people aren't going to be bothered to take it off.

But yes, you're a faggot if you have a stock crown vic and buy that bar for it

False, auctions usually remove those accessories to be reused in other applications.

>10/10 looks
>Comfy
>Cheap
I get the appeal of them, even if the owners are complete autists.

>spot the faggot

Hey everyone! Look at my tripcode! I wish to be identified on an anonymous, mongolian image board!

>"4,101 to 4,134 lbs"
>8-9 seconds to 60
>16-17 combined MPG
>Literally made to be abused fleet vehicles
I like them but my god you're a fucking retard if you think he's wrong
>namefag
Oh that explains it.

Mr. Regufur please leave.

literally when i bought my '94 i was gutting it because i was going to derby it and i found three pairs of aviators

Was there ever a Grand Marquis trim that had the upgraded transmission/suspension and dual exhaust of the P71? Not the Marauder, don't need the 4v engine.

Yes, known as the handling and performance package I'm interested in getting one

this hasn't been especially true of late because a lot of the accessories are Crown Vic specific, and they've been phasing it out over the last decade. No need to keep your Crown Vic pushbar when you have no Crown Vics to put it on.

On a similar note, the state troopers in my state have finally started switching to Chargers and Tauruses and it's funny because all of them have the exact same reflective strips on the back that they used to put on the Crown Vics, except on the Chargers the strips don't line up with any other line on the car so it just looks retarded (on the Vics they line up with the inner taillight angles, and on the Taurus it's the trunk seam).

Here it's the Explorers, and they look decent enough actually, but I can just imagine people in 10 years driving beat to shit ones pretending to be cops and looking even more retarded than the Vics.

I honestly doubt they'll last that long.

Panthers are unkillable; Chargers, not so much at all.

regular car reviews said it best.

They like the feeling of power

It really does seem like a fun car to hoon in for not a lot of money. Slushbox is kind of a dealbreaker for me though... the manual swap is kind of nontrivial. For all that work swapping Mustang parts into a Vic, I could just get a Mustang.

Like the idea, but how would you do the bed? I feel like the existing body wouldn't lend itself to that the way that some other wagons/sedans do.

Could also be fun to lift it like they do for donks, but instead put some offroad wheels/tires and bull bars.

Explorers and Chargers are both already way more common out on the street than the late model Vic ever was. For that reason, I doubt they'll ever get the same "cop" presence in traffic.

The other half of the "cop car" look was that nearly every American police department seemed to use CVPIs. now the duty is shared among those leftovers, Explorers, Tauruses, Chargers, and Caprices... hell, the other day I saw a line of 5 or 6 LAPD cars that had 3 of those 5 models among them.

>Like the idea, but how would you do the bed?
Not that user, but chop off everything above the beltline from the B-pillar back, leave the sides of the trunk as the bed sides, and fabricate everything in between to flatten shit out and seal it up?

It's body on frame, anything is possible if you've got enough metal and time.

Seattle went all-in on Explorers. They look pretty sweet.

Learn what tripcode is first faggot.

I drove one once. I wanted a CVPI before I drove it, but I wanted nothing to do with it after I drove it.

It's a big slow boat.

Right, I get the basic idea, but the beltline is kinda rounded and the profile tapers off a bit at the rear. Plus, the chunky taillights look like they'd make it difficult to work out some sort of tailgate.

Shame they didn't make a wagon version of the last body style, that'd probably make an easier platform to start with.

where there's a will there's a way

idk why owners act like autismos, but I might get one. I got an 01 Taurus that I'm gonna get rid of once I move south, It's decent enough and comfortable, and the panther is the next step up.

Full sized, even roomier, huge trunk, v8, basically unkillable,cheap parts, cheap to buy, probably could throw a small trailer on it,rwd, bench seat for bangin'.

I'd like to get a Chevy square body, but that 10 mpg city is pretty nasty and I don't want to look like a cuck with a ranger or s10.

Panther would kill two birds, decently fun boat and something I could throw a trailer on pick up stuff at home despot. Plus people giving me a wide berth don't sound too bad.

If I got a panther I'd probably get some big decals made that say "NOT A COP" and put them in every side.

Due diligence, don't be autistic and put bullbars on it. If you buy a P71, take the spotlight(s) off, remove the Police Interceptor badge and throw some rims on it, don't leave the steelies on. You'll either look like a nigger or a cop with steelies.

If you really want a ford ute come here to Australia and get a falcon ute or if you are not a faggot get a Holden or HSV ute

Haha FaggotPoofterVehicles pursuit is a fancy ute in Australia

>"4,101 to 4,134 lbs"
Actually there 3,781 to 3,927 lbs if were talking about the 98 model
>8-9 seconds to 60
My 98' interceptor was about 5-6 to 60
>16-17 combined MPG
Mine got 17 in town and about 21 on the freeway when i put premium in it.
>Literally made to be abused fleet vehicles
No. There built to be rugged, fast, and somewhat stable during inclement weather. They just so happen to be abused by our police forces.
You need to atleast drive one of these cars before you frame it for being shit-tier

take note Veeky Forums, this is what a delusional fanboy looks like

>My 98' interceptor was about 5-6 to 60
bwahahahahahahahahah

no. we aren't speaking kph

>when i put premium in it

The 4.6 sohc is designed to be ran on 87 octane (minimum)

You're essentially pissing away your money and wasting more fuel due to the timing having to be retarded.

>BUT MUH CAA RUNZ BETTA AND GOES FASTA

If you're having idling issues/rough idle like I did then check your ignition coils and sparkplugs. Clean up your throttle body and check the IAC. If you have done all of the above: then often times it is just fords having their autismo idling moments (all my friend's fords idle roughly sometimes for some reason)

PS: don't drive your P71 in the more "diverse" part of town for your own sake.

Vics are based as fuck nigga

>looks good
>comfy
>cheap
>durable and reliable
>simple to work on

Plus cops dont drive them as much anymore. Stay mad autismo.

>local squad cars are a mix of every kind of domestic sedan/suv with no external light bars and dark on dark liveries
at this point I'm paranoid of any domestic family vehicle driving behind me at night

It was about 5 or 6 in dry weather with new tires...
Nah it did better

And i am talking 60 mph...
In about 6 seconds...

Fuck off Faust, go be barren somewhere else

I didn't realize the Washington highway patrol use unmarked cars ;_; let me off with a warning at least

In Silverdale/Poulsbo they have an unmarked, blacked out, souped up Subaru STI. Clean as fuck

In always thought about getting one, never will tho.. I don't understand all tha Bullshit about a bullbar. That's 1 thing I would keep. Fuckin animals, mostly deer. Don't get me wrong may not save much but will keep ur front and from getting caved it

There is ZERO reason to own an old shitty vomit comet when you can own a nice HPP/LX Sport/LSE for a little more.

Only poor ass niggas, pacos, poo in loos, and white trash own p71's.

Would you cut off or do stupid shit in front of what looked like a cop car?

Now that my local police department no longer uses crown vics i am intentionally a dick to every non-taxi police interceptor package

I've noticed only spergy retards own this car. Every time I see a black Crown Vic it's some fat neckbeard motherfucker who looks like he watches MLP sitting behind the wheel

I never cared for the light, but fuck does that bull bar look good.

No your fucking crown vic didn't to 60 in 5 to 6, thats what a 98 bmw m3 did.

Had one of those for work until I quit, real smooth ride but horrible visibility. Anyway, Vics are a nice ride too.

Id drive if they can in manual. Fuck, wanting a v8 is suffering. Pretty much the pony cars are the only reasonable (sub 10k) standard tranny options.

Just washed it 2 days ago

how much do these turds cost depending on the mileage and year, approximately?
i heard they're reliable and i love bench seats but honestly i know jack shit about them

You can get a retired patrol car at auction for around $2k, nicer ones maybe $3k. The civilian crown vic, grand marquis, and Lincoln town car will have bench seats in the front (or some undercover p71s) wouldn't pay more than $5k on any panther with exception to a super nice Town Car or mercury marauder.

To be honest, if I get one I'd probably just leave it alone

If I get a panther, I'd probably try to find a high trim level Vic or a grand marquis that someone's grandma owned. What ever is in the nicest shape for the price is what I'd buy.

i saw one of those with a spotlight. wtf dude

Absolutely fucking degenerate.

They're really fun to off road and 20mpg isn't really that bad for a car that size. Easy to fix, cheap, tough and RWD. Has the making for a great fuck around car. Spotlights and bullbars are cringey though.

This be me
>15422175
Anyone know if it would be okay to tow shit with a Vic? I did some looking and the updated AOD tranny used in the panther platform was also uses in f series trucks as well. It's has a v8 as well as rwd.

I don't plan on going around towing full sized trucks or anything like that, probably around 1.5k pounds max.

I'd see myself most for using a small trailer and picking up sheet goods,lumber,cabinets, appliances, or what have you.

yes they can tow. look for a sports package and it will have a better rear end for low end and a transmission cooler

Could I get away with a P71? The lx sport has a console shifter, which I dislike and doesn't have bench seats.

I heard the p71 has an oil cooler which is nice for heavier loads (from my limited research).

I don't plan on doing a lot of heavy work, mainly just things that would save the trouble of renting a truck or van.

the chargers are shit and are already killing cops when they crash in high speed pursuits

that was the deal with the crown vic, you could run into a brick house and not dead

Hey fuck you faggot OP. There's nothing autistic about Panthers.

My Panther is so rad, I bet your shitbox doesn't look half as good.

Lincoln towncar is comfier, performance is almost as good, and costs a little more.

Towncar performance is objectively worse than the Vic.

p71 fags BTFO

>15,000 made ever

Heavier and has less bottom end torque

But a stock marauder is barley faster than a p71 with 3.55's.

There's a reason they sold like shit. In stock form they are awful.

What are you guys getting for mpg in the city with a panther?

I said that right in the post champ. "Almost as good" remember? And towncars are so comfy that it's worth it.