Any opinions on motorized bicycles? I was thinking of buying one but have no experience in cars, motorcycles, or bikes

Any opinions on motorized bicycles? I was thinking of buying one but have no experience in cars, motorcycles, or bikes.

I hear you get a free fedora and vape kit when you buy one.

loud, slow, dangerous nuisance

just grow up and get a real ride

I heard that your class level and number of best female friends increases as well

Half as expensive as a motorcycle, only a tiny fraction of the capabilities of a motorcycle.

Enjoy your BRRRAAAAAARARARARRARAAAAAPAPAAPPAPPAPRARRRRRRAAAAP.

How can such a small engine be so fucking loud?

No muffler

wouldn't the fact that you could pedal it without the motor be an advantage?

i've got decent motorcycles for less than half of what some of these things cost

how slow are they? im not planning on taking down the highway.

You can always walk, and that's free.

just found one on a local ad for 150 and thought it might be fun to tinker with.
and slower and more physically taxing.

the slowest one is a 175cc that tops out around 95km/h

some homeless crack head drives one around where i live
its also legal to drive it around some how because its under a certain CC

Largest you mean? I saw motor kits that were 60-80cc. Or am i completely misunderstanding the meaning of cc?

Can't ride a motorcycle on uni campus

Get a pocket bike instead. Probably faster, more reliable, more fun to ride, deadlier in a crash, and if you run out of fuel you can shove is in your backpack and walk home.

Yeah too bad I'm not 5 years old like you...

i thought you were asking about motorcycles

motorized bicycles probably around 30-50kph

i doubt a motorized bicycle is allowed by campus police, either

It probably is, you just have to turn the engine off. No one is really going to notice or care if it's powered by electric motor.

anybody have any recommendations on kits? they all look pretty much the same.

They are absolutely stupid.

Once you put an engine on them they are more like crappy motorcycles instead of bicycles.

just spend $500 on a chinese 50cc scooter

>Any opinions on motorized bicycles?

They are tacky looking.

They are loud.

It is not Eco because those small engines are inefficient and spit out a lot of fuel vapors.

It has negative cachet with a great majority of people based upon first impression of the noise as it approaches.

Despite having a gasoline engine, you still cannot carry more cargo than with a standard bicycle.

The exhaust fumes from the motor probably make your legs or pants smell.

If you have to wear bicycle pants to ride this bike, then you should just get an electrically aided bike. With those, you can pedal at the same time or simply switch on the electric motor just for hill climbing so that you can maintain some speed going uphill.

Just build an E-bike, it's better, cleaner, and won't make people assume you're either 15, homeless, or lost your license to DUI.

The problem with motorized bicycles is that they're so heavy you can't really use the bicycle part so then they're just shitty motorcycles and you might as well have gotten a moped that just doesn't suck.

At least light e-bikes are mildly usable as bicycles.

Dude just build one. Weedeaters and scrap metal are dirt cheap.

Might aswell get a honda super cub instead of such a hackjob.