What's better

a semi-synthetic oil change every 5000kms
or
a full synthetic every 10000?

full synthetic every 10k km

I disagree.

I would say 2500 mile semi synth oil.changes are excessive though.

Do oil analysis, figure it out for yourself, shut the fuck up

do what the owners manual says, you are not smarter than the manufacturer.
changing oil more often than required damages catalyst and less often can lead to serious engine damage and sludge build up

use OEM rated oil and change at OEM specs

I'm going full synthetic because its degredation rate is so minimal.

>manual is japanese
>internet recommends semi-synthetic every 5000km
>importer recommends full synthetc every ?? km

WATDO

>changing oil more often than required damages catalys
Untrue and gay

Find the USDM manual (or a USDM car of same make/drivetrain) and see what that says.

thanks for adding nothing to the conversation, and it is true. almost 80% of all catalytic convertors failing under the 8yr/80k mile warranty show more damage due to the burning of oil additives - most oil additives are burnt within the first 1000 miles of an oil change so changing your oil more often causes more burning of catalyst damaging additives - how do I know this? I teach it...Who's the faggot now?
year/make/model of vehicle

Please explain the relation of oil viscosity to exhaust contaminants.

it's a 1998 delica

there's no usdm diesel montero

Rotella for lyfe
You're the worst

15w40 t6 is $20/liter :(

>changing oil often will damage the engine
from what bullshit website did you read this? I could change oil every fucking day if I have the money and that won't do shit to my engine

not op but the absolute worst time for your engine is right after an oil change because of those seconds it cycles without adequate lubrication

>Being this retarded.
It's still fucking summer?

>not understanding the difference between oil and no oil

wew

Do you understand that engines are not constantly flooded with oil? When your engine is turned off, the oil is sitting low and most of it is at the pan. What you've described is literally every engine startup, whether it's after a new oil-change or otherwise.

Changing the oil 5 times a day won't have any effect on your engine, as long as you are doing everything properly.

If you exercise bad habits during your engine servicing (accidentally double-gasket your oil filter once in a while, top off the oil level too high or too low, drain the old own at cold engine temperatures, etc), then you will increase the likelihood of something going wrong since you're multiplying the amount of occurrences of said bad habits... But that goes without saying.

>6 liters of oil settling is the same as draining all of it

after starting post oil change, the next worse thing you can do for your engine is start it cold

>Not understanding how a fucking oil change works.
Where the fuck do you think the oil has to drain through to get to the sump pan? Do you really think all your oil comes out when you change your oil? Ever had oil on your hands? Yeah doesn't come off unless you scrub it does it? Fucking retard.

>The bait is strong with this one.

the shorter interval

synthetics don't break down as fast, but they get dirty just the same.

do you really think residual oil is the same as oil soak?

is this australia?

who is this dumb?

u r