>okay mpgs
>under 20k

>tfw doesnt exist

Someone just rape my face already

BMW 540i

E39 m5?
Milage is a big no, but you can use the extra 5k you save for gas

P71/CVPI

Eurocars scare me because of extra costs.
I was hoping for something American and that didnt require Premium.

this

pontiac g8 (gt if you can find one)

Like a charger or a rebadged holden?

/thread

also Dodge Charger, and Chrysler 300 which you can get SRT if you buy used

2011 charger r/t. I used to get 31 mpg highway

Lexus LS400/430

I want so bad but cant find onw for the price i mentioned, only v6.

I thought the mpgs on both of those was absolute trash, or am i totally wrong?

/thread

>I thought the mpgs on both of those was absolute trash
wow i knew they would be low but not 17 mpg low

Dont those require Premium though?

this, but change the terrible american front bumper

>any V8 insurance is going to be through the roof

are you at least 21?

No such thing as a car that "requires" premium. You should always run regular fuel in all cars, regardless of what the manufacturer recommends. Modern cars have sensors and computers that automatically compensate if lower octane fuel is detected. You'll lose a few hp, but it won't even be noticeable unless you're going to a race track

yeah no, dont run regular in a turbo car. the high compression could cause 87 to ignite early and cause premature wear on an engine.

I meant Premium fuel.
And yeah, almost 27.

Enjoy your detonation kid

get off Veeky Forums commie

no 4 door v8 is going to get 20mpg. if you want to live the v8 life you gotta pay v8 prices.
youre the idiot equivalent of the dicks who want 300 horsepower out of an N/A 4 cylinder

Chrysler 300

Bus riders detected. Pretty much all turbo/high compression cars made in the past 20 years have knock sensors and the ECU is able to adjust for it automatically. There is no harm in using regular gas.

if you aren't a senior citizen you will literally look like an autist driving a panther.

Dodge Charger R/T or Chrysler 300C?

>bitching over $3-$4 difference over 300+ miles
>calling anyone else a busrider

Why not buy a 4 door v8 with bad mpgs for $15k and spend the other $5k on gas?

>interference engine
>timing belt failure
No thanks, I need something reliable.

Would buy, but me and my wife want to finance because we don't have the money yet.

there absolutely is such a thing as a car that requires premium, and cars that require top tier fuel but you are correct that if your car doesn't specifically require using premium, then it is an absolute waste of money.

>knock sensors and the ECU is able to adjust for it automatically.
Yes, once detonation is detected the ecu will take measures to stop detonation, however you will still have had engine harming detonation. Do what the manual says.

this, OP

yuropeans on this board will call you a pigfat, but it's worth it. be sure to drop it so your wheels fit the guards and look clean as fuck(not even stancefagging rn)

how many miles lol? there is def something wrong with it.

If you can't afford to pay for premium petrol then you should probably reconsider getting performance car

>trusting sensors
>trusting ECUs
You ain't that bright, punk.

I've got a vehicle that won't start if you put anything less than premium in it. Not that you'd want to use anything less since everything but premium has ethanol in it here.

Who cares though it's a few dollars a tank tops. My old car could adjust for lower octane fuels but was well as making more power on premium it went further on a tank using it.

ALL cars made since 1994 have knock sensors, but it doesn't mean that it compensates for low quality fuels. only use premium if the manufacturer specifically requires it

L S 4 0 0
S

>never drove a high-compression V8 from the 60's 70's.

millennials everyone.

That car does make my dick tingle.
Didnt these tend to have electrical gremlins?

so every car made since 82 can be trusted?
that's idiotic

>modern cars
Illiterate millennial that pretends not to be a millennial, everyone.

I actually enjoy the pigfat, dont want to drop it either.
Want something comfy and itll remain Stock.

Notice how he said "modern cars", not your carburetor distributor ignited pieces of shit.

It's basically a C class benz with Chrysler engines and electronics - so yea, there are some reliability issues

>Didnt these tend to have electrical gremlins?
>Chrysler
Did you have to ask?

>no 4 door v8 is going to get 20mpg. if you want to live the v8 life you gotta pay v8 prices.
k

First sentence.
>No such thing as a car that "requires" premium.
Try again Geo-owner.

>Notice how he said "modern cars",
Notice this sentence.
>You should always run regular fuel in all cars, regardless of what the manufacturer recommends.

>bu...but i said modern
kak

Infiniti M56

Are you retarded?

>I take shit out of context to try and make my argument seem valid
No, dumbass. That's not how it works. Nobody here is talking about old cars. You're the only one that mentioned boomermobiles. Fuck off back to your corner.

GM recommends premium for the 2011-2015 Chevy Volt. GM says it can run regular, but the engine will be noisier and vibrate more, fuel economy will suffer, and parts in the engine may prematurely wear.

>>I take shit out of context
>I make a contradictory post
>i cry about it
okay, anyway have fun with your literally retarded ignition timing because you're too poorfag to put premium in a car that says it needs it.

I never argued for or against premium dumbass. I just pointed out that nobody is talking about old cars except you.
>this mad someone called you stupid

I believe Chrysler and subsidaries were among the lowest in some Consumer Reports reliability surveys for models that existed during that time.

>I just pointed out that nobody is talking about old cars except you.
High compression engines require premium, retard said NO cars need premium, said ALL cars run on regular.
>gets BTFO
>still argues to save face
>is anonymous and can walk away at any time

Oh they exist, they just don't sell them in your country apparently.

But all cars CAN run on regular you stupid fuck. They don't just blow up using lower octane fuel.
>BTFO
Not sure you known what that means. Prove to me that modern cars can't run on regular fuel. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Do you even understand why higher octane fuel is used in the first place user?

> Timing curve is 12 BTDC with 36 BTDC all in by 3000
> Retard timing by six degrees across the board by from 3000 as the fuel cannot support the programmed timing table
> LSPI becomes a real issue, rather than a poorly understood concept

You are a muppet.

Because big old engines need more boom boom. Higher numbers mean more boom boom.

8/10 bait

>But all cars CAN run on regular you stupid fuck.
kek
>They don't just blow up using lower octane fuel.
Nobody said they would homo

>Prove to me that modern cars can't run on regular fuel.
Anything with a diesel engine :^)

Higher compression engines need higher octane unless you fuck with your ignition timing which is retarded because you can just buy premium
inb4poorfags.

Then why don't you run ethanol?
its higher octane than any petroleum product ever will be.

Going to tell me that high octane ethanol is better for your engine too?
(because the news flash is most high octane fuel is made "high octane" by adding 15% ethanol...)

>moving goalposts because you have no argument
Good job dumbass.

>calling others poorfags
Post your car shitter. Guaranteed it's junk.

I was just mocking the dude. This is his actual response.

>Good job dumbass.
I never moved goalposts lol.
High compression engines can't run on regular.

>Post your car shitter. Guaranteed it's junk.
>implying i don't ride the bus.

The dude who recommended a panther was on the right track but failed when it came to execution.

Lincoln towncar or mgm with the hpp package.

My merc never broke 30 mpgs, but I had several tanks above 28 and regularly turned 24+. I think lifetime driving like an ass in that car and towing till i nuked the tranny with it was 22 and change.

But, v8, rwd, comfy as fuck with a bench seat and fuckin decent mpgs for cheap... thats your car.

Youll note t didnt say fast.

>can't argue
>has to ad hominem
HOLY SHIT REGULAR FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>talking about gasoline engines
>mentioned diesel
>not moving goalposts
Of course, you're just a benchracer talking about nice cars when you're too embarrassed to post your 25 year old rustbucket.

>implying diesels don't have ridiculous compression ratios
>implying diesel doesn't have ridiculous octane ratings
they're engines all the same luv :^)

>you

C R O W N
V I C T O R I A

Holy shit why are you this mad at some banter

>the niggermobile

Where do i put my nickel Lucy?

>But all cars CAN run on regular you stupid fuck.
What? It's a really bad idea in some cars. I get detonation if I run regular fuel and on the flip I have an older vehicle that runs better on regular. You run what the engine is tuned for.

I don't get why it matters though it's such a small amount of money to save on a tank, not considering that you will probably get better economy running premium if the engine is tuned for it anyway.

Thanks for conceding.
anyway we're too off-topic.

Just buy a four door Impala you pig

You're literally paying 7 dollars more per tank, can you really not afford that?

Yeah I've bought a couple cars through Texas Auto Direct, extremely fair and on both times I negotiated for them to pay for shipping. One was for a G37 and the other for a Mondial (don't judge) like 10 years ago.

Oh and finance through your bank it's a way better deal

>7 dollars
>premium is 20 cents higher per gallon

If you run the fuel that is not specified the car runs like shit, gets shit mpgeez and damages self. But whatever, all that money you save with premium can go to filling up more often and potentially repairing the cylinders you dented with pre-ignition.

A fucking town car, or some old lincoln.

Lincoln LS v8 dummy. Find a decent used one, I used to have one 10 years ago it was fucking tits.

you do realize american cars are nearly as unreliable as german cars?

Why not buy a Lexus GS430, GS460, LS430, LS460, LS400?

Stay away from Infiniti.

I wanna ask why you want a V8.

I want one because redundancy. Yes i know it's a weird thing, but i drive across Canada a lot, and I've had cylinders fail on me before a couple times. And yes i maintain my cars well.

If you just want status and such or wanna feel amarican, get the town car, marque or crown vic.
Remember, this isn't a v8 you use for laying down time. This is a v8, that you go coast to coast in forever. It won't rev to crazy, it has like 250hp but it will just start and keep going.

If you want a dependable v8, that reminds you have a v8, but doesn't scare people, offers comfy ride and all that. You can do a lot worst than a crown vic or it's derivatives.

>you do realize american cars are nearly as unreliable as german cars?

>CVPIs have been run into the ground for almost 20 years and counting
>unreliable

also
>what are cheap and commonly available parts?

Ls2 ve commo mate.

Chargers have cylinder deactivation. 30+ highway mpg no sweat

>The racist

what the fuck is a CVPI - crown victoria?

why didn't you mention a 300? or a charger? Magnum? Any Cadillac? G8?

Because the crown vic is the only "reliable" car and it's only deemed "reliable" because the parts are cheap but it will still break down just as much as any other american car/ german. You will have to replace many parts in its lifetime more so than a V8 japanese car

just because parts are cheap doesn't make it a reliable car.

retired late model chevy caprice
6.0 V8 RWD
you can get them for around 6k with 90 thousand miles from a police auction.