[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Posting a Honda in the OP with the sole purpose of triggering Rossi-spammer edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
(Cross-thread)

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8n6z_jrrKuI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for leaving here in a few minutes to ride the back of the dragon in Virginia

Finally rossishit didn't make the thread. I hope he's dead.

If you dont come back we'll assume you got hit by a cager playing pokemon go.

I missed it.

Nth for something

tl1000s user here from last night. I put my first 100 miles on it today. How about some greentext impressions?
>acceleration fucking brutal senpai
>lots of gear noise and DAT gear driven camshaft whine
>fuel injection very rough and spluttery when cruising around at sub 40 mph - throttle response is excellent though
>front suspension excellent
>rear suspension instantly reminded me of my mate's parents' hyundai getz - crashes over bumps and then harshly rebounds
>brakes need heavy input but are very effective
>panel gaps laughable
>DAT fucking sound
Overall - imagine a c4 corvette with a big camshaft but someone swapped the rear axle out with a toyota yaris and that's pretty much a TLS.

I fucking love it btw, literally my dream bike

Noice. Mine is super stable at speed but the second you fuck up it bites you in the ass as hard as it can.

I hope the shop calls me soon with it fixed. There's still enough time for me to put at least 10k miles on it if it gets fixed today.

>tfw no tl1000s
>tfw no wife to make widowed while riding a tl1000s

youtube.com/watch?v=8n6z_jrrKuI

are you going to adjust the shock?

>just dropped 90€ on parts to further continue with project baiku

And to think people have multi-thousand euro/dollar project bikes...

wat bike

>rear suspension instantly reminded me of my mate's parents' hyundai getz - crashes over bumps and then harshly rebounds

so fix it?

>trying to get first bike
>all craigslist ads I emailed don't respond

Wtf? It's like these people don't want my money. The few other bikes I'm looking at, the retards wants above brand new MSRP money cause their special snowflake hands touched the fucking things. What gives?

The problematic one

there are so many exotic bike derivatives with the TL engine but better chassis
>iktf
Yeah definitely. I haven't set the sag or done anything at all to the bike yet, so it's definitely not time to write off the rotary shock yet. My old trx850 initially had headshake and an incredibly nervous rear end until I discovered that one fork had 3x extra turns of preload and the rear suspension was topping out because of the previous owner's 'muh preload'.
as above
The plan with this bike is to get it 95% stock (apart from the pre existing yoshis and braided brake lines) and rebuild/service just about everything over time. But I won't be doing like, aftermarket shock conversions etc because the whole point of buying the TL is that it's mysterious and challenging to ride.

HEY DBT A BIG PACK HAS ARRIVED

>there are so many exotic bike derivatives with the TL engine but better chassis
Nah this one uses MV's own engine. The chassis is just interesting. I think this is the least beginner friendly bike I've ever ridden.

It always gets there in due time m8. I've spent about an extra $1800 on shit I wanted for my bike even though there was no need to. Projects never end.

Is it an aprili sticker?

IT'S STUFFED WITH STUFF
WUT
WHERE

Finally!!!

No way we're trying it tough, just put it on and we'll deal with it during the trip.

LOOK, AN ACERBIS SUPERTANKER! AND BOXES
I'LL TAKE THE BIKE APART THIS EVENING AND MOUNT IT BACK TOGETHER THE DAY I LEAVE FOR SEM

IKTF m80

I could have bought the bike and left it as it was (minus front rotors that were definitely bad) but I just didn't want to have a "well... it works" bike.

Then you start adding up filters, pads, discs, bearings, hoses, lights, seals, cables, tires... before you know you're several hundred into it. And I'm going the cheap route buying most things from bike breakers.

The way I rationalize this to myself is, well, it's a hobby ya know. If I work 40 hours a week and I can pay all my bills, might as well do something I enjoy with my money.

I'm looking for an handlebar riser and some aftermarket footpegs that sit lower,
the first is not too hard to find but the second...
With my riding pants they cut the bloodflow to my feet.
I'll take them off and do an oil change the morning we have to leave.

The pants heavy as fuck btw, dunno how you managed to keep them on the whole day at the last Sem.

>tfw my air filter was $80
>265 for tires
>2100 for wheels
>120 for new rear view mirror
>30 for mirror block offs and bar ends
>$800 for paint
>$500 for underpan fairing
It's gonna be fucking worth it once I get everything 100% wired up and shit though.

IT'S QUITE BIG

FOR YOU

thats why its a fun enjoyable hobby for people like is user. we like to ride, and we like to diagnose and fix stuff. and since we are doing it ourselves, its mad cheap. one thing i do to make people feel better after putting $$$ into their bike is i make them sit down, put my phone on speaker and call a bike/car shop. ask for a quote on parts/labor for everything we just did at their place. their faces light up when they realize they saved almost a grand on some bearings and a carb rebuild :D

lmmaoaoa
20000000000 wemoto keychains

RIP

that's what she said :^))

IT COMES WITH A PREMIUM FAKE CARBON FIBER CAP WITH ASSASSIN'S CREED LOGO
GET A FUCKING RACK
SAD BUT TRUE
I ONLY HAVE ONE, CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I'VE GOT IT FOR

ILLUMINADEEH

THE LIGHTWEIGHT CAP HELPS KEEPING THE OVERALL WEIGHT DOWN
SADLY NOT TRUE

y-yes true
maybe not what she said to you but to me

reminder that honda a shit

>GET A FUCKING RACK
I-I can't find one

you forgot your rossi image, nobike

>snoozuki
>yawnuhuh
>kawasucki
>japshit

+5 reddit points!

I'm now officially the best dbt poster
Git fukd nigger

tfw you want to masturbate but choose not to do so because you don't know what to do afterwards

I'm not rossifag

NO MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS.
I GUESS THAT'S BECAUSE THE FAMOUS ITALIAN ENGINEERS THOUGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING AND AS A RESULT IT'S SO EASY TO INSTALL YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A PESKY LEAFLET TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO
FOLLOW THE CREED, WHICH IS BASICALLY STABBING PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH YOU
SHE TOLD ME AN AIRPLANE ON A TREADMILL CAN'T TAKE OFF TOO BUT IT WAS ALL A LIE
LEARN HOW TO WELD

What a conundrum, let me help you.

>she wasn't wearing a bra

Sure you're not,
Post bike

WHAT BIKE IS THIS ANYWAYS?
IS IT ITALY XR user?

GIBE MONEY, I WANT ADVENTURE TANK FOR TT, TOO
>POSTING LE OFFICIAL TT600 FAEC

Man that bike is hawt

>LEARN HOW TO WELD
Welding tools are expensive, making somebody do it for me is also expensive.

>NO MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS
I'm pretty surre you just have to throw those inside the tank itself.

I want to ____ that bike.

Only ppl who post oc are good dbt posters

Saving for my first bike atm. Settled on a new ninja 650r abs. What should I expect?

t-thanks
it's not mine

calling someone reddit is pretty reddit desu senpai

NO MORE MONEY, IT'S ALL FOR SEM NOW
IT'S GUNNA GET RUINED
BRB I'M GOING TO TRY AND MOUNT IT

BUT
user PLS

So, me. Got it

why are these threads always filled with japshit? doesn't anyone have a cruiser here?

Nah cruisers are over at the bar

>got my scooter on Wednesday
>already done 350km/217 miles on it

Ayy lmao

>cruiser

nice bait

no because everyone here is a poor 20yo shitlord

Plenty of cruiser riders here

kind of gay don't you think

That's not even good trolling user

I'm not the one cucked into buying a 2k$ shitbike

You need a Dakar style windshield next.

>be me
>have a meme curry bike
>buy pillion
>take girlfriend on ride
>Indian guy sticks his head through the drive-through at Dunkin' Donuts and yells, "bro! That my favorite bike! Made in India! Made in India!"
>truckers roll down their windows when I'm crossing the Ambassador Bridge to compliment
>homeless black guys shout their praises from the sidewalk
>old Harley guys follow me into parking lots to tell me about their RE with 50k miles

>mfw my meme curry bike gets more attention than a 1400cc Chonguhasa Chingchoozeebusa

Looking for light as fuck rack for dr650

Any advice pls

must feel like a wall aerodynamically over 40mph

wow. i would not expect that. in the pic it doesn't look like an attention getter

>proud he got a bunch of sweaty men to give him attention
good for you I guess

What is considered poor in dbt?

think this story might be untrue

t. Ninja 250 owners

Being a cock magnet is the true purpose of any motorcycle.

more aerodynamic than the wind hiting your gut

this tbqfh

Why are you here and not out riding?

>bird bike.jpg

at last I truly see.jpg

>Indian guy leaning out of drive thru window at Dunkin Donuts
Nah that sounds about right.

Woke up not long ago and making coffee now.

Probably buying guns and ammo today. So might not take the bike cuz it's gonna rain :/

What gun?

Pic related :(

>When you're too scared to post images of your face on the internet so you wear a helmet

Post yours

My buddy is going shotgun shopping and the store we're going to had a breech loading 12g shotgun in the corner last time I went. If it's still there ima buy it.

Not really practical, but cool to have

ayy lmao

bike is still at the shop
after one week
it still is

Sounds fun ngl, how much?

>When you're too scared to post images of your face on the internet so you wear a helmet
>When you're too scared to post images of your face on the internet

Think they were asking 150 ish. Or something. Not much at all.