/hhg/ - Hot Hatch General

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

>'French Master Race' Edition
The French used to be masters of the hotch hatch until this 1.6T generation. Will the French ever get back on top?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

trustford.co.uk/used-cars/103022/renault-megane/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The nrw Swift Sport looks like a crossover :cccc

It wont be like that. When it comes to light fun revhappy simple cars, suzuki knows its stuff

reminder that Group A and Group N are now Group R
and Fiat is masterrace in Group R

Yeah but so did Renault and then the Clio IV RS happened.

/Hhg/ do I trade in my 64 plate fiesta St for a newer model this September?

I just judge buy new vitara turbo. Suzuki somehow made a relatively good family car into a warm 4x4 super light mini suv with with the same trubo engine which is reserved for upcoming swift. and it's 200 kg lighter than juke (!), has 6 speed manual same suzuki no nonsense approach. I doubt they will have a 180 and fuck up swift

For the ST200 yes. Otherwise I see no real benefit to it unless you currently have an ST1 and want all the equipment of an ST3 and a different colour. Then I'd still get the ST200.

I'm so jealous of the hot Fiat hatches. Why no American version Chrysler? I'd still consider it even if you put your shitty badge on it instead.

Oh that's right, if it's not a pickup crossover or a Honda Odyssey Americans don't buy it. Nevermind.

Here's my shitbox. Love it. Slow as shit but runs like new with 84,000 miles on it.

You say that, but the Fiesta ST and the Focus to a lesser extent seem to be flying out of dealerships. I see more US FiSTs here than english ones. I think there is a decent market for the hot hatch in the US now. Too bad they don't even sell the Punto in Europe anymore. I think performance Vauxhalls (Astra and Corsa VXR) could have helped save Pontiac, but with Pontiac gone, selling both as Buicks would actually be a good shout from GM. And if Ford and GM are both doing, FCA have no choice but to through a few options into the ring. And then expect Nissan USA to start pushing a few RenaultSport offerings.

>Too bad they don't even sell the Punto in Europe anymore
why the fuck you lying

this one's for you, user

looks like a REEEEEEEEEEEing pepe

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>jeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I can't wander into my local Fiat dealer and buy a Punto. Only a 500 or Panda. They still make it for the Brazilian and Indian markets though.

2010's MS3 vs new FoST for a fun daily driver?
Fuel economy/needing premium and the harsh ride make me wary of the MS3

what country?

>>RenaultSport offerings
Hnnngggg...I hope you're right.

Holy fuck...this breaks my brain.

I'd go FoST for modern creature comforts, unless you can buy the Mazda in cash. In which case, I'd buy the Mazda.

I love this little thing

>this breaks my brain

Pol or Gol?

what is the smallest hatchback I can get for under 3 grand?

Anybody like Veloster Turbos? I'm going to look at one this weekend. 32k miles. Asking price 13k$
Can't decide if it's ugly or not.

2013 Ms3.

Car looks somewhat decent in pics but its ugly in person.

Yeah, but does it drive gud?

Why the hood scoop? Not like it will get over 60mph

It's the Polo, the smaller one.

Are the newer Polos good? I heard the 1.8 manual is a massive improvement over the 1.4 DSG, but that the car still feels a bit dull

Going to test drive a GT86 this week, and a Fiesta ST next week. Noticed that the garage selling the Fiesta has a RenaultSport Megane for sale for a decent price. The pics look awful and there isn't a single shot of the interior but I might ask if I can have a go in it too.

Would I be making a big mistake? My first car was a Clio and it was fine reliability wise but I think I got lucky with that one. Has the reliability improved any?

trustford.co.uk/used-cars/103022/renault-megane/