I called on this Thunderbird for sale and he says the paper says it has 202hp so I asked if it was a v8 and he said it...

I called on this Thunderbird for sale and he says the paper says it has 202hp so I asked if it was a v8 and he said it was a v6. I've googled for hours and can't figure out what engine it is, do any americans here know what it might be?

Year? Probably v6

93. The only v6 wikipedia lists is the 140hp and the supercharged 210hp. It's an automatic.

the v6 was the 3.8 turd
it loved to eat headgaskets

more than likely its the v8

Ask for a picture of the engine bay and the belt diagram in the engine bay.

Yeah it's the v8 then

>tfw he found a SHO thunderbird

If that's the case, nab it

So he sent me a pic from under the hood. Yay or nay

If you plan on swapping it sure if it's cheap. If not don't get it. The 3.8 is a gutless pig

I just don't understand why it says 202hp on the papers. Did someone take the time to swap out a 302 for this shit?

Not a bad car, only worth about $900 is good condition tho.

its a gutless pos

Remember to get the VIN checked

American cars have a bit of a ricer tax here, so he wants ~$2500 for it. I think I'll go a bit further and look at a 95 with the 4.6 modular, he wants ~$3500 for it.

:/

where is "here"? just curious

Sweden

Åfan

On the MN12's the 1/4 windows like to leak and cause the rocker boxes to rust out between the door and the rear wheel. The rocker box is a structural component on unibody cars which makes this a critical repair. Be sure to get under the thing and remember any body cladding in that area can cover rust.

Also, MN12's like to crack the rear wheel tubs horizontally just above the trunk floor. The rear package tray (between rear seat and rear window) cracks in about the middle and this is important because it's about all that holds the back of the car together. The firewall cracks diagonally across the heater hose opening but this isn't usually a critical problem just may result in some odd squeaks.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't buy this car but will definitely use this info for future references.