What is it about the American South that produced a culture that encourages disability fraud, tax evasion...

What is it about the American South that produced a culture that encourages disability fraud, tax evasion, and a parasitical reliance on federal funding?

Other urls found in this thread:

join.skype.com/ghArQQmLxasY
theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Federal-Aid-as-a-Percentage-of-State-Revenue_0.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Civil War.

Even know, there's a lingering sense the the federal government is illegitimate and so it's not wrong to cheat them.

Africans

This, and also Jim Crow.

Is this an actual thing?

Its hot as balls. Fuck ethics.

Yes. I don't know if it's the exact cause, but it's far more common in the South.

Nig nogs

Literally poor black people.

Carpetbaggers, sharecropping and a failed reconstruction era.

Niggers

Politifags. Come one, come all!

join.skype.com/ghArQQmLxasY

>Calidumbia

Speak of the devil, here's part 1

the fuck does sharecropping have to do with it

It's a notch above serfdom. Pretty hard for generational wealth, connections, and knowledge to accumulate under such a lifestyle.

damn even the asians can't boost california

>Montana has one of the highest average IQs in the US
This has to be bullshit.

This, and high concentrations of libertarians.

>What is it about the American South that produced a culture that encourages disability fraud, tax evasion, and a parasitical reliance on federal funding?

sisterfucking. and cousinfucking.

Plantation culture.
Here we have a working class that has pretty much always been slaves. They had to rely on tenant farming to survive, very few people owned property and they were always dependent on the rich for survival.
Despite having being systematically exploited, they view their compensation for producing the goods in the form of social services has "hand outs" like you do. The Scotts/Irish honor culture is a huge part of the southern working class , this gives you indentured servants that's are too proud to realize how unfairly they have been treated. Jobs went and the niche they filled with them, so modern society is even more evolutionary novel for them. This is why we have a class of people that pride them selfs on being hard workers but are still dependent on getting handouts. It's the typical proletariat struggle.

Montana is like 99% white so not surprised.

>map literally lines up with black population

I love when liberals try and shit on the south while in the process only proving that blacks are cancer

Jim Crow helped the south, it scared away all the black people aka exactly what it was intended to do.

Yes, but it's not as prominent as that user is claiming. We still have a lot of resentment against the federal government, but much of it is recent stuff because they keep meddling in our affairs (such as striking down our voter ID laws because they're RAYCISS).

t. Alabama

The south has the densest amount of black people though. It's really not that hard to figure out, the more white people / asian people the less welfare abuse.

Really made me think

Liberals are cancer. In the same breath they will laugh at rednecks for being poor, fat, dumb and uneducated, but when someone brings up that blacks are also poor, fat, dumb and uneducated they will call him racist.

There were counties in Georgia and South Carolina that were 80 to 90% black before the civil war.

So are their immigrants plurality from Canada. I think it is the weather also a reason to why southerners are lazy. Quasi tropical and that encourages laziness.

See >white states are smart
>non-white states are dumb

It's the only constant.

And whites saturate the states with rougher winters.

Even in shitty humind and hot states you could see that the white population is much smarter than the black one.

In no way was that contradicted or denied. I still stand by northern populations being more productive.

The southeast has been much more productive than the midwest in the past half century

That's not even remotely correct. Midwest has always been the industrial backbone of the country, the southeast has jack shit other than the financial centers of Atlanta and Charlotte.

Poverty

>t. rustbelt juggalo

The midwest has been on a decline since the 70s.

It could be on the decline for the next 30 years and the south still wouldn't catch up.

Because the South is populated by the two dumbest demographic groups in the country: Scots Irish and niggers.

>what is purchasing power parity

Outside of places like Chicago the midwest is just as cheap as the south.

By almost every conceivable metric the south is shit, with the exception of Virginia and North Carolina. Dixie especially is dreadful.

>with exception of the actually populated southern states the south is dreadful

HDI is shit at comparing highly developed economies, it relies too much on nominal GDP in those cases. That doesn't discount my PPP agrument, only reinforces it. An example why HDI is shit, Mississippi has the same HDI as the UK.

>this delusion

the midwest is much more urbanized than the south, which is why their cost of living is higher.

South: Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Arkansas.

Out of these, only Virginia and North Carolina are not shit. It looks pretty bleak unless you also count Texas as the south, whereas I would argue they're their own thing.

>west virginia
>kentucky
>south

kek

Virginia, Georgia, FL, and NC together have over triple the populations of those other states combined.

Also on second look I realized your map wasn't even the real HDI index but was the "American HDI" instead which is some unofficial bullshit index made by some Social Justice org which includes "race" and "gender" matrix into their formula aka it's not actually used by legitimate economists. Stop posting shit you don't understand.

Why are white people so fucking retarded?

>Kentucky is not the South

Really nigger?

Most of West Virginia is southern as fuck, excluding the panhandle which is more of a rustbelt country similar to Pennsylvania or Ohio.

>entire thread is nothing but baseless conclusions blaming plantation culture, slavery, and the civil war
>this explains kentucky

Kentucky is about as southern as Maryland

Grew up in Pittsburgh and went to WV all the time, then I lived in the carolinas and georgia. WV is not southern as all.

Next time go all the way to Charleston instead of just the panhandle and Morgantown. Wheeling is basically a suburb of Pittsburgh.

>the south
>white people

My uncle and cousins live in Huntington and I've been to Charleston and all over, it's nothing like the actual south. Hillbilly =/= southern. FFS it's just like rural Ohio.

>Most over-represented race ethnicity
I don't know what this is about, but I have a funny feeling you're using it out of context. In any case, it's misleading; every state in the deep South is majority white by a considerable margin.

You are all confused, there is no ethnicity to this problem. Must be the heat. It makes your brain work slower, like a computer's processor, only humans don't have fans. It's the same here in Spain and we're like 99% white.

>every state in the deep South is majority white by a considerable margin

Which is why it's not on the level of Haiti.

Speak of the devil pt 2

The south is primarily made up of colonial stock Americans of english and Scottish Irish descent. Everywhere else in America has significant German dutch and Scandinavian heritage from immigrants. This is the only correct answer.

>encourages disability fraud, tax evasion, and a parasitical reliance on federal funding
Sounds like niggers.

poor southern white are incidentally just like "niggers"

>significant Scandinavian

Only in Minnesota and the Dakotas

I've worked in a jail in the South. That's false. Niggers are 1000 times worse.

your anecdotes don't refute facts. the south has the most people on welfare, including whites.

There is fairly significant Scandinavian heritage in america everywhere outside the east coast and south.

Not really.

There's around 12 million people who are mainly Scandinavian.

According to wiki Scandinavian Americans are only 3.8% of the US, that's absolutely nothing (and that's including the Finns who aren't even Scandinavians). For comparison 5.4% is Italian.

How Scandinavian can you possibly be anymore after so many generations living in the states?

muh heritage fags are so cringey.

Let's see these facts then.

America is only 63% white. There are more Scandinavian Americans than french Americans. There are only like half a mil finns.

You're missing the point here Scandinavians are significantly smarter than other groups of whites. You only need a small number of them to boost your economy and technology. There aren't many Jewish Americans either but many Jewish nobel laureates. Sweden alone has contributed more to science now than large countries like India.

You know, if white people were all 'gibs me dat free labor', there wouldn't be so many blacks in the south in the first place.

Maybe the blacks in the south just emulated the whites, then got better at that game because they often were poor, and while individuals escape poverty, communities do not. So while some blacks and whites leave the south and do productive things, the mess never goes away.

So in short, the south deserves everything it gets because its inherently like that there.

You mentioned Scandinavians as if they're relevant in the US even though Italians, Irish or Poles have bigger numbers.

"huppi.com/kangaroo/L-welfareblack.htm"

"White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4"

As of 1994.

theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Federal-Aid-as-a-Percentage-of-State-Revenue_0.png

As we can see white dominated states also have south-tier poverty rates. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with history.

>So while some blacks leave the south and do productive things

Like Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Philly, and Oakland? Doesn't seem niggers are productive when surrounded by muh Yankee values either.

>blacks are only 12% of the population but collect 37% of welfare

Are you sure these stats speak in your favor? Not even that guy you're replying to btw but seems like you just BTFO of yourself with that link.

They are Relevant! Did you even read the post? Sweden has contributed more to science (in the 21st century) than Ireland, Poland, and Italy combined. Of those three groups the only one that has done some stuff is italy, only because of the north. Keep in mind many Italian Americans are of Sicilian descent.
This is like saying Jews don't matter in america because their numbers are so small. Look who runs many american banks.

So like, a handful of inner cities in comparison to entire states in the south?

Nice try.

There are more Scandinavian Americans than polish Americans.

Are you sure you understand what the argument was about? It was about the number of white people on welfare in the south. Had nothing to do with black people. Kill yourself for trying to throw the argument off.

>Sweden has contributed more to science (in the 21st century) than Ireland, Poland, and Italy combined.
>in the 21st century

Nice cherrypicking Karl-Erik.

The Chicago area makes up 3/4ths of the population of Illinois so it might as well count as the whole state

But your link isn't even about the south but about national rates you fucking retard.

did you see the second fucking link? READ

You're the one trying to subvert the argument, you immense faggot. I said niggers are worse. Fucking period.

You can quote me every statistic in the world, but until you live here amongst the people, nobody gives a fuck what you have to say.

>only show total number of of welfare participants to obfuscate the fact that an extremely high percentage of blacks are on welfare
>only show percentage of individual state aid to obfuscate the fact that a majority of total federal aid go to big populated non southern states

It's like you purposely switched up your data because of bias or something. Show me a fucking graph that has southern whites taking up a higher percentage of welfare than others.

I'm talking about the first one.

Not Chicago's fault the rest of the state has the human population density of Mars.

Only the modern world is relevant. All the great Medieval scientific powers are backwaters nowadays like Iraq, Turkey, India, or Egypt, throw in Poland, Italy, and Ireland. The modern world has never been as advanced and competitive as today and it's in this modern competitive world where Scandinavians have proven themselves significantly better than others. You don't need plenty of them to have a significant effect. Sweden and denmark has more nobels in hard sciences than Canada if you exclude jews.

>but until you live here amongst the people

I'm a fucking black person living in the south.

Sorry for shitting up your dreams of a white-only south, but until you want to get together with us to make a better south nothing will change. Fuck the statistics, I'm the one that realizes there are problems today with both groups. You only care about one.

That is the failure of the racist brain: You forget that plenty of people of your race are just as bad as the people whom you hate of the other race. Grow up.

a handful of inner cities that have a larger black population than most southern states.

>b.bb.but they're not as big on da map.

>I'm a fucking black person living in the south
Then you should know firsthand. Don't cry to me, faggot.

Modern Sweden is irrelevant like it's ever been.

>if you exclude Jews

Like Niels Bohr?

>there are people ITT who unironically believe rednecks are as bad as niggers

there are no specific welfare stats per race on a state wide level, sadly. i did the best with the information i had.

never said whites were the MAJORITY of people on welfare in the south. i said they were a significant amount. according to the national statistics and extrapolating based off the population stats provided, it would look that they're the same burden (except there are far fewer black people meaning whites are more of a burden)

So if there are more black people in northern cities than there is in south states, and the south has the most welfare collection for whites and blacks in the country. Does that mean the black people of Chicago and such outrank everyone in the south?

And you are trying to argue that its black peoples fault the south is shit?

then you'd know that poor whites live in fucking all white hillbilly states like Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia. The traditional south (GA, LA, AL, MS, NC, SC) have nowhere near the problems with white poverty and most of their poor are black.

Because they don't interact with blacks. If they did they'd never hold those opinions