COMPACT PICKUPS

International & domestic COMPACT PICKUP thread! Post the rares, the classics. Post it all.

Pic related: an international ranger model somewhere between 2009-2011

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a29009/2017-jeep-wrangler-pickup-info/
youtube.com/watch?v=aSWRqyM2z9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IjyRMMRbB7s
nytimes.com/2014/09/30/automobiles/toyota-recalls-790000-tacoma-pickups.html?_r=0
topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41522-toyota-tacomas-vulnerable-frame-rust-class-action-lawsuit-says/
baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5639003441.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a29009/2017-jeep-wrangler-pickup-info/

RAM 705 (iirc) for amerifriends

>compact pickups
>ford ranger

murrica

Looks-wise, I've always found these L200's absolutely top of the line. Slight curved lines and rigid straightness in the perfect areas.

The new ones look awful and suffer from the modern bubble-truck design meme.

I think the new one would look better with the chrome grille as body color, but I'll never see one so I don't care. The mid 2000s ones are definitely my favorite, I wish I could import one.

It's what normies want, even though they don't
look that butt-ugly. I mean they have a bit more distinctive styling, while the previous version was really a bit plain.

The wheels look a little bit lost in those huge wheel wells though.

>The wheels look a little bit lost in those huge wheel wells though.
It's a 4WD. They're giving room for suspension travel and larger tires. It's not a bad looking truck, though.

Well, yeah.

Guess only the stock wheels look so tiny, guess it would look better with beefier tyres.

They won't come to the USA though, because of the chickenshit tax.

There's a Subaru Baja near my house and it just looks bizarre

Do you think there's enough of us to petition the gubmint to repeal the Chicken Tax? Because the only thing it affects these days are small trucks and honestly, that's the only kind of vehicle I want. I don't need a big truck, but I need something more than a car or shitty crossover.

And it's getting harder and harder to find Nissan D21s that haven't been abused by Mexican lawn crews.

>Do you think there's enough of us to petition the gubmint to repeal the Chicken Tax?
No. You'd have a better chance petitioning Mitsubishi to start building them here.

I'd love to start getting the Mitsubishi Delica over here.

Why do you think we have no chance? Do they really gain a lot from keeping that inconvenience tax in place?

>I'd love to start getting the Mitsubishi Delica over here.
Eh, maybe if they base it off of the Pajero again. If you want the older ones then you should worry more about the gray market import laws.
>Why do you think we have no chance?
There isn't no chance, it's just less likely than the other thing.

All right, I guess as auto enthusiasts, we should petition the companies to start producing them over here. Quite a few of them already manufacture vehicles here, we just need to convince them.

That's a good thought, and at one time I was as enthusiastic as you are. I sent letters to the CEO of Ford Canada making a well thought out argument for the rangers return, and it never reached her desk. Instead it gets filtered to their Customer Relations department.

Some PR drone making $12 per hour responded to my letter thanking me for my appreciation for Ford and Ford Rangers.

They say the FORD RANGER will return in 2018 being produced in the USA. Some will probably say this is due to customer demand but I personally believe it was their plan all along beginning as early as 2010 they probably planned to discontinue it for a few years, let the thirst build and then come back to the compact/midsize market.

I believe it's all calculated and customer voice has very little power today.

Wtf that looks like it will fit in the bed of this

Maybe. So what if it does?

Please don't bully the Baja.

THIS

Went off roading in am Isuzu D-Max

It cost half as much to rent as a Wrangler, has more torque because turbo diesel, and was easily just as capable

400kw supercharged 6.2L LSA

Straya cunt

And in the background is a ford falcon I6 witch faggots drive because V8 holdens hurt their pussy

I would rather this

youtube.com/watch?v=aSWRqyM2z9Y

>would rather go for an old 80hp pile of junk instead of a 400hp machine from the glorious days of german engineering
just no

>cant even get numbers right
Typical bmw fag
>glorious
>bmw
Pick one
I enjoy cars that dont break every time you use them

1997 is the best year for these.

desu, e39 m5 was probably one of the best cars of its generation and is still good by todays standards,its an absolute blast to drive.
>bmw fag
i guess i'll have to slap a bmw badge on my a6 then. pokemon fag,hop into your stanced civic and go get some pokemons for your poke go. i

>i guess i'll have to slap a bmw badge on my a6 then
May as well. Its all the same trash anyway.
>civic
>assumes i like honda when i posted a toyota
You're not to smart eh?

my baby
2016 frontier paid cash
lift and custom leather seats
getting a light bar

WEW LAD

Mmmmmmmmmmaallooooooo

looks gr8

youtube.com/watch?v=IjyRMMRbB7s

>drives a civic or a toyota
>thinks he is more unique
lol desu

Never once said anything about being unique.
But you have a nice imagination
Now run along davie and play eith your matchbox cars

>german cars so shit cuz i cant afford them
its ok to be retarded user,keep your fetish for cheap,plasticky cars

I don't really want to sell it so I may just redneck hoon it in the woods until it breaks in half

Kek

Wew lad would you shut the fuck up? This is a COMPACT PICKUP THREAD, not a bitching about cars dick measuring contest. kindly FUCK OFF.

Now, where were we my mini-truck connoisseurs?

Toyota a shit

You're a loser.

damn
driveshafts stronk

stronger and better built than the frames

Toyota confirmed for shit frames be it a compact truck or a full size.

Not our fault you don't know how to maintain your truck

that guy has a real chip on his shoulder about it. Its a sign his life isn't really all too interesting

Has nothing to do with maintenance. Toyota themselves issued a recall over it the problem got so bad. There are class action lawsuits over it.
nytimes.com/2014/09/30/automobiles/toyota-recalls-790000-tacoma-pickups.html?_r=0
topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41522-toyota-tacomas-vulnerable-frame-rust-class-action-lawsuit-says/

>projecting

known issue so rust proofing is a part of regular maintenance.
Learn what maintenance means.

>rust proofing is a part of regular maintenance.
wut.
That's like saying that replacing the automatic transmission in a Honda Civic yearly is mandatory maintenance. it's not something you should worry about.

The only rust proofing that works are those oil-based ones that you need to re-do every year.

no, it's like saying the need for rust proofing is a known issue so rust proofing should be part of an annual maintenance routine.

baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5639003441.html

Meant to ask if this was worth going out to look at.

my Ranger
just got a couple anime stickers and I'm trying to work up the courage to put them on

Used to own a '93 Mitsubishi Mighty Max extended cab years ago. Wish I still had it.

There's no reason to believe that.

>I enjoy cars that dont break every time you use them
Toyotafags honestly think every other car will break down all the time so they relegate themselves to overpriced defective penalty boxes.

It's like only knowing what it's like to eat actual shit because actual shit is easy to find, and the whole time thinking regular food is even worse than actual shit because they've never eaten it.
They may have tried eating regular food but it's all wrong because it doesnt taste like the steamy shit they so know and love. That's just got to suck being Toyotafag

Don't it will look weird man.

Would have to be an 80s Ranger to get away with it.

Maybe if the current one was lifted or something

I guess I see your point
But then what do I do with my stickers

Want this 1986 nissan 720 and its 106 HP of pure glory.

because i havent posted it enough already

My dick

I'm going to try and get one exactly like yours

this thing is so long i thought it was a shop. the wheelbase is ridiculous

Bruv. I got an extra cab 4x4 with the 5speed.

You don't say that

There is. This was the 1997 only special edition.

Best color, best grille and recessed headlights, best wing mirror. Best everything.
JDM only and Hilux a shit.

i test drove a lot of short beds while i waited for mine to come in from the factory, believe it or not they drive about the same.

obviously mine will be a little hindered in a real offroad scenario, but i dont get up to the tech trails very often

sweet. the xtra cabs look great in the new body style. i mostly got the double cab so i have room for my dogs

Toyota please

Also if defenders are going out of production there is potentially a huge euro market now for a proper truck (as posted earlier, most pick ups have gone bubble meme)

do it. i fucking love it so far. just shy of 10k miles on the clock

Why? It's LITERALLY just an Outback with the cargo area cleared out for a bed.

Fucking Aussies get all the best 4x4 options. Sure, everything is expensive as fuck, but goddamn if they aren't the quintessence of utility.

The closest we get in the US are overpriced and oversized fullsize SUVs and crew-cab trucks, or the occasional small fleet truck that will fall apart in a few thousand miles because its been so poorly maintained.

You say that but I'm loving my Echo with 230k miles. Wish I had a hilux.

and that looks like it will fit in the bed of this

hahaha oh man, american built cars are so fucking bad

It's kinda sad the Fiat is a better looker.

Although I infinitely prefer the ML Triton as opposed to the later MN and beyond.
4M41 is the stuff of gods. Far better than that plolished turd of a 4D56 with common rail stuffed into it. And don't even get me started with the Mitsubishi Lancer based 4N series diesel.

I know they're criticised for looking ugly, but fuck those opinions.
They look like a stretched Mitsubishi Dakar buggy to me.

except the American designed and built trucks it competed with NEVER had that problem. It's literally just Toyota.
Pic related.

its a classic

I drive a 2016 Hilux, planning on getting a canopy for the rear after my Tax return comes in

>all of these Tacomas and Tundras
Bahaha, by the way, this usually happens when you are towing higher than the maximum ball limit, or at max limit going 4x4'ing and mounting an incline.

The Extra Cab in all of its strange glory, there is no "J-Deck" (the one with tie down hooks) for the Extra cab, so they have to fit the SR5 tub to the SR spec truck, meaning there's little to no difference between the two specs in this cab.

That's because the Pajero Evo went to looking like the Pajero Sport.

The sexings.

Actually it goes further than that. They not only took the roof off, but they also stretched it by 5.7 inches behind the rear axle, that's what gives it these awkward proportions. Awkward unless of course you're American and are used to ridiculous rear overhangs from Detroit's old station wagons.

>tfw not in posession of a Cherokee with a Comanche bed trailer

Eastern Europe reporting in