Mustangs

I currently drive a 2004 V6, it was my first car that I've had since I was 15, but now that I'm entering college I'd like something more reliable.

I've had to do a few major repairs, and it served its time. I'm currently looking at a 2015 EcoBoost Premium with 20,000 miles on it from my local Ford dealership. It's got leather, its got paddle shifters, and its I love the new body style. I'd love to get a GT, but I feel like that's a few more years away (once I graduate college/maybe join the Air Force).

So, tell me your opinions on the 2015 EcoBoosts. I've seen that some bolt-ons can add good power, and its a nice car inside and out.

Other urls found in this thread:

bisimoto.com/2015/bisimoto-sema-project-2-ecoboost-mustang-with-a-gigantic-snail-and-our-first-domestic-offering/
youtu.be/aVmPKCZYLYk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

I mean, if you like turbos and boost then the ecoboost isn't a bad car by any means. Speaking as someone who's done the whole turbocharged 4 cylinder in a boat-like car thing, though, I'd much rather just have the big, brutish V8.

Sure, some aftermarket modifications and a tune will bring the Ecoboost up to comparable power levels for a bit less money than the GT, but the actual power delivery IRL just isn't the same.

I'd go for a GT over it in a heartbeat, but insurance on Long Island is insane, and I can't afford a GT right now.

I'm not big on turbos either, like on Subies and whatever, but a Mustang is a Mustang, and I don't want to settle on a V6 because of the lack of a premium package (leather for the most part) unless I opted to a pre-2015 V6.

don't get an automatic mustang, please just learn manual, you'll thank me.

the ecoboost are TANKING in value, hardcore, i think they lost like 20% in their first year compared to the GT, so just don't plan to sell it soon

and yes, tune the bitch

Its an auto, its the only one there, and in LI traffic auto with paddle shifters is fine.

Any proof of the values tanking? I could use that when we negotiate. Its sitting at $26,500 at the dealership but I feel that's overpriced for 20k miles and a year old, plus the fact the black paints got spots and shit and id have to get a correction

Personally I'd get the Fiesta ST. Better mileage, insurance, and value.

But the Mustang isn't bad. Have you considered 2011-2014 GT models with ~60,000 miles?

KBB says between $23,400-$24,000

I could aim to get $5-8k off the price I think

bump

kbb is worthless, i wouldn't bother, just search broadly for what other dealers are charging at that mileage and go from there

Don't buy a 2015 model OP.

You're a fucking moron if you or anyone buys the first year of a major refresh on a car. Save your money for the GT, even though the ecoboost is quick: you will be wishing you had the 5.0

Let Ford clear the bugs after a year or two. Trust me on this one.

The Ecoboost is decent, but if you care about performance, it's not the car to get. If you care more about performance for the price, you'll want to consider the 2016 Camaro. The 4 cylinder Ecotec turbo is more fun to drive than the Ecoboost, mainly because t has the totally opposite personality.
The Ecoboost I4 has low end grunt and runs out of steam quick. Party's generally over before 4500 rpm.
The Ecotec turbo in the Camaro though it a party animal. Loves to rev, and though it makes 40 less horsepower, the entire car is lighter. Combine that with the Ecotec's more usable powerband and the Camaro turbo is faster.
And unless the Mustang is a Shelby GT350, it's not going to outhandle the Camaro.
But if you want to get technical, the Ecoboost Mustang doesn't compete with the I4 Camaro. It competes with the V6 Camaro, which is a full second faster down the 1/4 mile and has the optional 1LE handling package. And all for a similar price to the Ecoboost
>inb4 V6 costs as much as GT 5.0
Those are loaded V6's. The base Camaro V6 starts around 28k.

What bugs? They're already onto 2017 and I haven't heard any issues really

Fuck camaros though ya heard

>lighter than the Mustang in all trims
>walks all over the Mustang in any performance comparison not including a Shelby
>Cadillac Alpha chassis
unless you want the Mustang name, why choose it over the Camaro. The Camaro is the better car for the money.
>but muh visibility
learn to use your mirrors properly and it's a non-issue.

Because I fucking hate camaros, not saying they're shit i just don't like them, and made this thread because i want a mustang so answer my questions on the mustang please

>Because I fucking hate camaros
why?

its a great car

i find most people calling the ecoboost a fake mustang are people who dont own mustangs

with a tune, CAI, and a few other minor mods you can get it to outperform a stock GT

The current gen camaros are a little bland.

I would probably take the 2.0 camaro/v6 over the ecoboost though cuz I feel the mustang is still a muscle car at heart.

Gotta have dat v8 bro

Probably because they look like shit, and you can't see fucking shit behind you. They're heavy and they're slow.

I grew up with Mustangs and compared to the Mustang and Challenger look like shit

>They're heavy and they're slow.
The Mustang is heavier and slower though.

>People call Camaro pigfat
>GM redesigns Camaro, dropping large amounts of weight.
>Ford redesigns Mustang to include IRS people asked for
>New Mustang weighs as much as old Camaro, new Camaro is a supermodel compared to the Mustang
>people refuse to call the Mustang pigfat.

Admit it. The Mustang is pigfat and slow. The roles are now reversed.

Those amateurs will never out-pigfat Dodge. Nice try Ford LMAO

THIS IS ABOUT 2015 ECOBOOST MUSTANGS KINDLY FUCK OFF WITH YOUR CAMARO SHIT TRYING TO PROVE YOU'RE BETTER WE GET IT

The Ecoboost is shit. You'll constantly find yourself wishing you got the V8 instead.

i cant afford a gt at 18 give me a few years

fuck this autism

>teenage kid shopping for better car
>HURR IF YOU DONT GET THE HIGHEST TRIM RIGHT AWAY YOULL REGRET IT ALL YOUR LIFE
kindly kill yourself, hell have plenty fun with an ecoboost, and it'll keep him from getting ripped off on insurance anyway

Thank you

It's a big step up from my 2004 V6 Mustang anyway

No problem

Im actually in a similar scenario. Deciding now on a car to get for commuting to college. Either going to lease a new ecoboost or buy an older GT (08ish). Leaning towards the ecoboost because the interior is a lot nice and also my commute is pretty long so the better mileage will help a lot. Not to mention cheaper insurance and that the ecoboost makes 15 more horsepower than the older GT. Only downside is the sound.

>a lot nice
nicer

>paddleshifters
>buying an automatic mustang

Exactly my dilemma, hardest decision of my life. I want that GT sound so bad, but just owning a new mustang with that sweet sweet premium interior i think would make up for it

bump

Yeah its definitely tough

Im going to go test drive each pretty soon, Id do the same if I were you.

Excuse my asking but how are you paying for the car? Im just curious.

I turned down my parents offer to give me their old toyota and told them Ill just get a job and buy a car I want instead, which is what Im doing now. Gonna have to keep this job through college though.

Selling my car and selling my Apple stock will get me $6-$7k, I have $40k in other investments and hope to use around $10k but my grandparents helped me build that up and I don't wanna piss them off. Hoping they can also toss me like $5k and then I'd pay them back and pay off the payments each month. I'd have to talk to them. Only reason I'm even considering it is because of all the repairs for my 2004 V6, the ABS module is going I think, that's around $850.

wow impressive

good on you, man

Thanks, good luck on your search for your car. Hope you're happy with whatever you end up with and it gives you no issues

good luck to you too buddy and good luck in school

cya

If you want something faster than what you have and cheaper with some neat premium interior option and a manual transmission, you should look for a V6 - V8 2011-2014 Mustangs, you can get a loaded performance packaged v6 for around 10k and a V8 for around 18 to 22k which is fucking great.

That way you don't need a huge loan or being in a lease.

Buying a car that has a consistent record of getting btfo'd by the Camaro in every performance category.....

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

>V6 ""Mustang""

Have fun getting walked by my grandma, faggot.

It looks like a pissed off asian

Thats the GT vs SS version, not rrlatws yo the v6 vs v6 Mustang/Camaro ir Ecoboost.

Aldo 2011-2014 Mustang v6 >>>>>>> V6 2011-2014 Camaro.

>Your grandma drives a 5 seconds car.
>You drive a Econobox.

>test drove auto eco boost.
What.the.fuck... it's worse than a fuckign corolla... why... just why would u....

>I want something reliable
>"Let me get a the first year of a new platform with a Turbocharged engine"
>"While I'm about to enter serious debt from college!"

Or OP you could just not do that and get something actually reliable. But if you're looking at new mustangs for freshman year, money probably isn't an issue

yes learn manual. more fun with turbo in a manual car.
anybody who says the ecoboost 4 is shit hasnt heard about the SCT tuned mustang. running 10 second quarter miles. and the fastest COPO camaro is in the 9s yup just amatter of time before your camaro gets undone by a car with half the cylinders...
and bisimoto has been working on a 900+hp version. yes i know he does hondas...
your car will last longer than most if you are fastidious with servicing and avoid the traffic light GP

Is this a meme do people really buy v6 mustangs in 2016 that aren't girls

people like op actually exist outside of meme land.

have fun voiding the fuck out of your warranty while cutting the life span of your ecoshit engine in half

and you still drive a muscle car with a 4 cylinder....

bisimoto.com/2015/bisimoto-sema-project-2-ecoboost-mustang-with-a-gigantic-snail-and-our-first-domestic-offering/

Here, tale a look at the fastest v6 mustang

youtu.be/aVmPKCZYLYk

Is in the 10 seconds range too, people don't know just how good these engines are.