/ovg/ - IndyCar @ Mid-Ohio this Saturday edition

Grounded Fin saves /ovg/ subedition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/yb17hlf1r0jy1ac/Oreca_FLM09.rfcmp
youtube.com/watch?v=uj5czst7exY
sportscar365.com/blancpain/ratel-proposes-gt1-revival-within-sports-club/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey von, could you please consider changing the road course racss to have 50-60 min time limits

Saturdays race was fun, but went on for way too long due to the rain.

The IndyCar server is now updated with Mid-Ohio VLM version 2.02.

If you previously downloaded Mid-Ohio from the doc, please check the doc and download again. The previous link was for the 2.01 version of Mid Ohio. The doc has been updated with a link to the latest version.

The next race has no rain and should only last about 45 to 50 minutes or so.

HELLO

looks good senpai

IS IT t YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

>Sem título

what did he mean by this

>he can't go 1.5 seconds per lap faster in the rain

What does the japanese graffiti say?

>playing tokyo xtreme drift 2 for the first time
holy shit this is good stuff

>mid ohio
>taking those crests in indycars
>mfw

also
>not an oval
fuck you von

"Commit very honourable kamikaze attack into the catch fencing desu"

FROM THE OTHER SIDE

>tfw internet went out for half an hour just as I was gonna look up where the indycar download is for rfactor 2

human bath or something, not sure

it seems like it could also mean Hitoshi's birth

イニ ベース
"ini base"

it's nonsense

2deep4u

How do I assign the link protocol to rfactor 2 so I can join the server through the live timing site?

Quick port of the Enduracers LMPC to rFactor 2

mediafire.com/download/yb17hlf1r0jy1ac/Oreca_FLM09.rfcmp

BUGS

- Lots of them
- Shadow glitches + Clipping/Flickering (you can fix the strange shadows on the car body by going to the .gen file and playing with the shadowcasters. I probably overdid it. dunno about the flickering thanks ISI)
- Driver is sitting at the back of the car for some reason, enjoy that beautiful sight
- Steering wheel pivot point is off. I always get this problem and honestly it doesnt even make me mad anymore, just sad

Someone fix this shit its too late here I am not in the mood to deal with ISI bullshit

FEATURES
>implying theres anything

wait there is

Turns out ISI had the exact LMPC tyres already done, correct size and everything. So if theres something you cant bitch about being unrealistic, its the tyres. I've added Soft, Medium, Hard, Intermediate and Rain compounds. Yeah thats unrealistic. I dont care. At least I didnt put the Ultra Softs in.

Otherwise its all Enduracers. None of the shit described by ISI in their dev blog was done to the physics, so if you want to start improving on it (or rather, making a proper port out of it), thats where you should start.

I may or may not update this myself in the future. Just update it yourself if you're so great.

Now you can be an LMPC shitter too

Sweden is wierd

did I mention Sweden is wierd?

Second stage on /ovgwrc/ didn't go so well.
youtube.com/watch?v=uj5czst7exY

>top 13 in the ovgt1 server separated by 1 second
nice
should be fun racing with all you niggas again

why the fuck are we racing at Mid-Ohio?

Put Road America instead of it, would be a ten times better race than this spin out, brake out, tap out shitfest of a track

meh i dont mind, mid ohio is one of the tracks im best at but road america would be really good too, long straights and longer track would be better with these cars
i also think we should change zolder imo

so we can cause mumble drama again

What's wrong with Mid-Ohio? Road America is a bit dull, I reckon.
Anyway, the real question is why the fuck aren't we racing at Bathurst and the Nordschleife?

looking at the track list, the organiser is trying to follow closely to what the GT1 cars ran IRL in the ALMS and FIA GT Championship

Based, thanks dude.

of course grounded fin had to be this autistic

you mean grounded "i dont use aids because the cars irl didnt use them" fin

Yes, Isaac "I'm an aids babby" Gonzalez.

you mean isaac "i dont have a driving license" gonzalez

I'm pretty sure it's isaac "I crash at my own teammates" gonzalez.

wheres your proof

I thought it was Isaac "Gibraltar will always be British" Gonzalez

hey can you guys stop please

why aren't you watching my latest drift vids bros?

c'mon bro, atleast buy one of my t shirts

peace out bros... and #RIPPAUL

i just pirated automobilista, it seems to be best rfactor mod ever

Does anyone have it? How is multiplayer? Is it full of players? Is there a good chance for me to find public server with couple of terribly slow players who won't be constantly crashing (optimally in lancer rallycross)?

Just pay some money to RaceDepartment. Sensible Automobilista races most days of the week.

where is yours?

Usually huezilian servers get some traffic at like 8 PM ET. During weekends at any time as usual.

The problem is that the community is kinda split between two different development branches. Eventually when Memelista reaches version 1.0 everyone will congregate to the same version.

Welcome to Huskvarna, home to Husqvarna.
I drive past those two things every day.

rekt

Too soon Power. The race is at saturday.
He didn't wreck already.

Good thing I won't be there. Won't spin him out again.

FUNNY ISNT IT

17 YEARS AGO, WHEN I CAME HERE AND SAID I WANTED TO LEAD A CAMPAIGN TO LEAVE THE /OVG/ AUTISM UNION, YOU ALL LAUGHED AT ME

WELL I HAVE TO SAY, YOU'RE NOT LAUGHING NOW ARE YOU

Fuck off Nige

/ovg/ stronger in Veeky Forums

FUCK OFF FILTHY GLOBALIST

Fuck off Farage you pussy

Thanks to your stupid ovgexit campaign I've lost my Veeky Forums subsidies for creating new /ovg/ memes

Wrooooooooooooooom

It's okay, robots can shitpost 100 times faster than any human and we've all lost our jobs. Meme production is being outsourced to China -- workers are paid less than a dollar a day to invent new catchy phrases and irreverent artwork. The Pepe market has been devastated by shameless copies, and classic memes like Longcat are constantly recycled in a vain bid for originality.

The only thing to do now is sit back, put on your VR goggles and try to forget "reality".

>Wheel clipping in the fender
Shit series, dropping out.

Fucking good skin though. I wanted a feisar skin for the maserati, since they have the same racing colors but I couldn't be bothered.

Model quality is a bit meh but it's nice to drive so far

>yrw the MC12, DBR9, Ford GT and Lamborghini Murcielago were all racing as late as 2012.
>tfw never watched 6L V12's racing around

I remember watching Le Mans as a kid. I was cheering for a C5-R that was first, and it was racing with a prototype. The corvette would overtake the prototype on mulsanne and the prototype was somewhat faster around the rest of the track. It was so fun.

I think it was 3 years ago, the last year of the C6.R at Le Mans after a restart, the Muscle Milk P2 was nabbed up the inside by a C6.R after a restart, where it held position for a little bit.

Prompted a bit of commentator discussion about mechanical grip vs aero grip. And some laughs.

Cheeky breeki Corvette driver

The C5 was the first GT car I drove in any game, NR2003

>tfw had scaletrix version of this

it was dank, but it had abit of black paint on it so idk whether that was the new version or not.

Where are we uploading our skins?

>implying there will be a skinpack

oh shit i remember that car in gran turismo 3

sportscar365.com/blancpain/ratel-proposes-gt1-revival-within-sports-club/
>As a result, the Ferrari 550 Maranello, Corvette C6.R, Saleen S7-R, Aston Martin DBR9, Nissan GT-R, Maserati MC12 and the Matech-built Ford GT and many others will be able to take on a second life within the SRO paddock.

If anyone is interested in joining Team Option for GT1 just hit me up on Steam! I haven't designed a skin (yet) and I don't really care what car you use, just looking to rack up some of those team points.
id/becauseracecar

As for Indycar, sorry Von, but I don't want to compete until I can fix that car stuttering problem in rF2, which might be CPU related from what I've read. I just don't want to accidentally wreck someone.

Hey nerd, HonDa Lover here.

Going to join your team cause the name sounds cool, and there is nothing you can do about it.

HoNdA fAgGot confirmed for biggest nerd in ovg

Stay mad Grounded Geek

Can't wait to Ground slam you at saturday's race.

>implying

Not before I write a script to kick you every 9 minutes.

no that was a different situation than what he described.

The corvette passed the P2 because the GTPros were setting very close times, if not faster, in the rain.

>No ovg sprint car series yet
reeeeeee etc.

GT3 dirt ovals when

we had an oval server a while ago but literally no one went on it

whiplash ovals when

>ovals

uhh...we had one my man

>ovals
i mean really

>LMPs will never have a button that changes the angle of the wings from downforce to lift mode

ninjato confirmed OP on bonus 7

never say never

AG racing will exist someday.

The only one I remember was modifieds and IT'S NOT THE SAME

Nobody catch the GTAO update today?
Shit looks cool, but i'm stuck at work.

>NASCAR pileup this weekend; 83 dead and 200 injured

i bet mumble is behind this

ITS COMING BROTHER

dat teleportation

That red bull was like
>YES YES.. IM GOING TO RACE.. THIS IS AMAZING... YES YES COCAINE