R33 Skyline GTS-T

>R33 Skyline GTS-T
>1993
>RB25DET
>39550km
>7800 CAD (6000 USD)
>Ready to be painted

Thoughts on this? How bad is maintenance and insurance going to be?

>GTS-T
why even bother

>R33
>GTS-T
It's like the only two things you wouldn't want when buying a skyline

....because it's RWD, and it has the RB25 and not the RB20

Not OP btw

>not going for the rb26
>not wanting sweet ATTESA

>being this munch of a fan boy
>not realizing some people have financial restrictions and want the best for their dollar

Stop being such a benchracing faggot, the GTS-T is still a decent choice with a damn good engine, maybe he doesn't have $15k to spare on a GT-R

>benchracing
kek, i'd buy an r33 just to cruise around and catch all those jealous looks :^)

Yes benchracing
>HUUUURRRRRRRR WHY DONT YOU HAVE GT-R???
>HURRRR GT-R BEST SKYRINE
>YOU SUCK UNLESS YOU HAVE BESTU SKYRINE

well, you DO suck if you don't go all the way..keep on deluding yourself that a lesser skyline is also "good", kek

>proving my point even further
OP was asking whether the GTS-T was a good buy or not, not whether some autistic would prefer it or a GT-R

since you're getting a rwd skyline why not get the best gen?

>I-4 over I-6
>best gen

and then there's this autistic anime weeb

>literally triggered

nice

Damnit Alphonse, stop responding for me

alhponse be my qt trap bf

yeah the thing is I am not Alphonse

Whatever Al, "it's not you"

Don't bother OP. If it's not a gtr it's not really worth it. I've had the chance to experience both and the gtst just feels boring, plus it really does drive like a boat.

Also there is no way those km's haven't been rolled back.

*unzips pants*
u are now

Im serious I am not him

>thread already ruined by memeing shitters

God I fucking hate this board.

I've literally never owned a car with more than 160hp so even a base Skyline would be an upgrade. Even if GTR's were for sale near me I only have 12k budget.

Well damn

I say go for a test drive if they'll allow it, see if it's what you want

Spotted the busriders.

Have some real replies

Read up on the engine, most basic problems are fixed with a dry sump, and a better oil pump. If you don't feel like doing any of the common fixes, just avoid revving the piss out of it.

Parts are expensive as fuck, if you don't have an extra 4k in spending money I would walk away and come back in a few months.

You're gonna be stuck with basic liability insurance because lolimport, I would expect around $150-$250 monthly depending on age, sex, and driving record

Dry sump is overkill. You'd have to be consistently hitting the rev limiter and taking corners at high g's (I.e drifting) to ever consider needing a dry sump for an rb.

While I can't comment on the prices of parts in Canada, I highly doubt OP would need an extra 4K as the skyline is generally a reliable car and shouldn't have any issues with it provided it's in good condition.

>as the skyline is generally a reliable car
tarbo RBs are time bombs

>rb25 can run 360hp day in and day out on the stock internals
>tarbo RBs are time bombs

Yeah ok buddy

>tarbo RBs are time bombs

Said the child autist with little automotive knowledge

What is a safe, reliable boost to run on a DD? Staying stock internals

60psi on a cold day. 40 in summer

Pretty cool. I hope you drift the fuck out of it

Does 4WS fuck up my drifting?

About 1-1.2bar ( can't remember what that is in psi). If you're going to DD it you probably won't hit full boost every time you got out anyway, so I wouldn't worry about reliability in this respect.

t. busrider

i thought you guys are joking. is that thing really have an I4 ? kekekek why even build such a shitty car ?

Turbo I6 you dumb nigger

Put a lockout bar on it

God you Americans are retarded

Only the DR30 came stock with an I-4 in the last 30 years, everything since the R32 has been at least 6 cylinders

You call that a shitpost?

Shouldn't there be a GT25T badge on the back here? I've seen that in a few photos.

I run 14 psi on mine, stock turbo can only handle around 12 because lolceramic

making 330 atw and can't go any further without spend decent money on injectors etc

What color looks best on these cars? Assuming I don't like the matte black look in-person.

Also what is the cost of a getting a car painted?

A dark grey/silver metallic
Or a deep blue almost purple

op with the flat black i gaurantee there is body damage and bondo under it. check under hood in the door jams and inside of the trunk for wrinkles in the unit body.

you don't want to DD a car with a jdm only engine. aside from spark plugs and filters (prob have to cross reference from oem number). you're gonna be shit out of luck on basic maintenance items. it's old so things will go wrong. and you'll be that faggot on the bus people think is lying about his skyline at home