Why are car colors so boring these days? Odds are, cars at a dealership are going to be black, white or silver...

Why are car colors so boring these days? Odds are, cars at a dealership are going to be black, white or silver. What about fire engine red, blue, burnt orange?

>Why are car colors so boring these days?

Optional extras are expensive.
Flat extra colors, which might be free, look like shit.
And resale value.

Because they look good

They they like boring neutral colors so as to appeal to a broader group of customers. They paint their cars with what is cheap and abundant, they don't care for some exotic color that would both cost more and deter customers.

If you want burnt sienna or florescent pink go pay for it yourself. I agree the overabundance of silver cars through the 90's anf early aughts was fuciin tragic.

I know that feel. Over here people just buy most cars in black or white, sometimes silver or brown. I remember that time, where silver was the most popular colour sold on new cars but lately it was just plain black. I guess people started to notice, that even in a eastern bloc country there was more of a fucking colour variety.

Red is rising in popularity though and some manufacturers have started to offer more vibrant and lively colors lately for their vehicles.

>not caring about resale value

You go ahead and pay extra for that piss yellow shitbox that no one else would

resale value

If you want to keep a car in the long run, then fine get the weird orange color you like. But if you enjoy changing cars every now and then, having a cookie cutter color you can pass easily is a huge thing.

It's slowly changing though, as people start leasing cars (so they don't have to think about resell values) and more and more city cars get weird customization options. Things like the Fiat 500, the nuMini or the Citroen DS3 allow people to go nuts on a car they'll discard two years down the line.

>tfw green cars dedder than ded

I agree.

But it also depends on how stong the color is. You won't find anyone that is willing to buy a car in bright puke green or bright as fuck piss yellow in a short period of time.

On the other hand are cars that we're sold or ordered in wine red, babby blue, dark green or dark blue. Those cars can still be sold with a decent resale value and they look more welcoming and less attention whorey in traffic.

yellow accents make the car look utterly shitty

literally every car looks better in black, red, silver or white

>b-but muh

nope, unless its the national color, it looks better

Glacier blue is kinda neat

shit taste m8

Because the most important thing to normies regarding color when buying a new car is 'How well does it hide the dirt?'

Red is aggressive, black conceals all the lines (which is good on butt-ugly cars like GT-R, not so on a Fezza), white is only white for 15 minutes after a wash, after that it's brown, and silver is boring.

I got a black and a 2nd white car.

I have more trouble keeping the black one clean than the white one.

found the perfect car for you user

This warm grey is absolutely stunning, it really pops at night under the cadmium glow of old streetlights

Still more creativity and nicer to look at than "modern" art.

Yeah, I like that gray. Also no bully pls but i like the brown.

depends where you live. where I live it is warm and sunny most of the time so white is great, but if you live where there is winter and snow white can look ugly pretty quick.

I miss days when supercars could get away with looking like a 90s rave party and not be tacky.

Supercars are always tacky. That's their point.

Even the great browns of the day. I love them.

True that, also dry areas with dust roads. Shits awful.

I live in an area with a fair climate, when it's june its hot, when it's december there should be snow and cold temperatures.

I mean, like, liquid purple looks at home on Diablo, not as much on Avenzador.

That's true, and similarly Lambos have always looked fucking great in yellow but the Aventador just doesn't, really. It's weird.

VW aping Ford, again.

Cars look good in black, white, and silver.

Bright fucking orange? Green? Blue? Matter of taste. Resale value says you might not sell it.

>tfw have a 90s green car
so comfy

The pearl yellow Lamborghini offers is an absolutely amazing lookin color on both the Diablo and Murcielago. I find the Countach and Aventador both look a bit odd in yellow. Also the pearl lime green the offer, dear god.

Or that blazing orange, HNNNNNG.
Seriously, is the Murcielago SV the sexiest car they ever made or what?

Same here, a BRG Miata. But this color goes on any car anyway.

Corsa blue master race

Kia seems to be the only one now adays that sells bright colors.

I love the color black!

I like some of the matte colors, with exception of matte black.