E
S

FF can drift and race meme
Oops not me. It's the Honda boys

got myself an frs
thanks o you cunts

RWD < FWD

>not falling for the ecoboost meme

I didn't fall for these but jesus christ, once Hondafags got their own private circlejerk the over-confident spillover became ridiculous. Every fucking thread now is derailed with benchracing souped up, heavily modded econobox against 20 year old cars and HURR FF IS JUST AS GUD XD

The "buying anything but an FF econobox" meme. FR is unreliable and dangerous, also used exclusively by vapefags who like to think they drive rayse kar and do sikk burnouts

Even honda people don't think fwd can drift.

Honda fanboy detected.

>Hondas are reliable
>Toyotas are reliable

I want my 2000 ford focus back, of only it wasn't rusted to shit. Got it to over 600,000 kms though.

Try leaving Toronto.

Source: Another Canadian.

>F.O.R.D
>Fix Or Repair Daily

I'll have you know I only have to work on my car once or twice a week.

:^)

>actually falling for the bait

wew

>this is what actually happens in divegrass

I drive mine to work everyday and park next to two others that work at the store next door, we have our own little herd of Focuses that huddle in the back of the parking lot, under a tree. Never even met the people, but the 3 cars are still there every weekday.

who else /comfy/ car feels

the 240 meme

>I was only pretending to be retarded.

But it's so much better when you are plowing 100 in a blizzard on a qew passing the plows and the plebs who are going 15km/h

The miata meme

Money pit? same here bruv.

I fell for this meme.

>tfw fell for the black ice meme
Smells like ass

>I was only pretending falling for the bait

I once thought manual was superior to automatic.

Boy, I sure was a cringy little twat back then.

>tfw now have joined the automatic master race

>thinking awd makes you invincible.

and what would you like on your grave marker, sir?

I bought a miata. It's a nice meme

>tfw the focus was the nicest car we ever owned
>tfw served our family since 2004
>tfw car was so maintenance free
>tfw car was treated like shit
>tfw regular maintainence took it to 600,000 km
>only compact car I've ever owned that just didn't slip in snow
>tfw went coast to coast in it multiple times
>tfw it went 120 mph
>our odyssey has transmission problems and our crv was stuck under snow our focus just drove on through.
>tfw it took corners WAY better than any other compact we've owned
>tfw it used to let me scare people if i pressed lock when it was already locked
>tfw canuck winter + salt took it away from me

i want my focus back. To day it was towed it worked, i just couldn't put a jack under it without it collapsing anymore.

i took all the words and ford emblems off, the rear ford is on my wall, and the front ford is hanging in my crv on the rear view mirror. It reminds me whenever i look at the mirror, my little red focus has got my back.

the corolla we got to replace it, transmission died. That cost 1200. that focus was the best 3500 we've ever spent.

>Snap over steer is just a made up excuse for shit drivers

>>thinking awd makes you invincible.
it doesn't make me invincible, but it sure as hell is funny watching people slide down hills, and spinning in snow.

also nice being able to take short cuts through non paved areas.

>Hondas are reliable
>Toyotas are reliable

reliable as in wont catastrophically fail :yes
but small shit breaks all the time

>small things
Just the current cars i own, entire drive shaft fucks up, bearings died something went wrong and drive shaft bent itself. It's weird idk. Bought a 800 dollar after market drive shaft.

Also, AC is gone for a while. Don't know what's wrong, both high and low are holding pressure, compressor is turning, condenser fan is working, etc

Transmission starting to go, can tell by jerky shifts, tranny been flushed at every 50,000. Over 300,000 now.

Anyway i like my crv too much to get rid of it though, so i'll keep maintaining it. It's honestly served me well.

But my Toyota FUCK THAT SHIT. 2003 corolla ce.

Tranmission died at 150,000km. 1200 to use parts from another one to fix up, changed like shit now.
both rear drum brakes new shoes (that's normal), new piston, new most things. Idk what happened, but it looked like the pistons where broken or some shit. Idk leaking fluid but it was fixed.
Front left caliper seized. Replaced.
Serpentine belt. Replaced.
Distributor replaced.
All the spark plug wires replaced.
Blower motor failed. Replaced.

And my biggest complaint, LED clock stopped working.

And now the engine is too lean. It's just a gaskit i know.

I don't know if I've just been lucky/unlucky or whatever, but all the Jap cars we've owned, have been shit on. I think it's just the kind of person that drives the Japanese car doesn't care about it.

We owned a Volvo it was 10/10, almost entirely trouble free. Ford Focus is my carfu. A dodge Dakota, other than it's muffler being fucked and deafening people with that VEE ATE, it was great. We've owned a ton of cars.

Maybe that's why my CRV is the best jap car I've owned, cos it's a one owner car who's original took really good care of it. It was some dudes dads, he sold his pops CRV after he died. Handed us a BOX of receipts of maintenance and notes and shit. I feel like the car was more pampered than the son and that's why he immediate sold it after his dad kicked the bucket.

I bought mine for $1400 with 118k miles (180k~ km), it had so many issues and still ran through all of them. Finally finished paying off college things so I can now repair it like it deserves, it will be 100% mechanically sound by August.
I even cleaned it and gave it a new coat of paint on the bumper :3

Great job dude, that thing lasted me beyond what it was meant to last.

>front ford is missing.
That bothers me.

I fell for the rotary meme, and I fucking love it.

>dat 150 lb engine
>that's it's weight not its torque

How's life with an FC? I'm fairly interested in them.

So awesome so far. The handling is ridiculous. They have perfect weight balance and good suspension setups. The power is good and it's all in the high end so it's a lot of fun. Fuel consumption isn't THAAT bad if you run fresh plugs and wires. Interior is nice, sporty and comfy. The sound this thing makes is phenomenal IMO, I don't know if I'll ever tire of it. It backfires when I shift above 4000- and the fucker revs to 8, by the way. All in a sexy package that's easy as fuck to work on, and RWD manual with a decent amount of aftermarket parts. Need I go on? I'm really enjoying the fuck out of this car.

i knew it would be a money pit, and i love the car anyway, i cant sell it. love your 86 man.

I'm going to eventually go junkyard crawling and pick up a new emblem, have been busy with more expensive and pressing matters.

If that doesn't work I'll just get something of the same size and wrap it with something qt, like one of the /osg/ slaps.

>everything new sucks

fuck that, everything new is awesome

a bit too complex maybe, but almost every tcs or stm can be completely disabled and those torque vectoring diffs and variable timing cams and adaptive transmissions can be used for some awesome driving on the right roads

unless you've got $10k EXTRA to drop on new suspension/tires/brakes/etc then anything older than 1990 is just there for nostalgic factor

>everything new is awesome
What little is offered is. The problem being that there's almost nothing now compared to two decades ago.

Put a proper emblem on it. She deserves it.

Crown Vic.

oh shit, i can't buy some awful little toyota with a floppy chassis and an economy motor that's in a somewhat exotic format

but i can buy a 300hp turbo mustang with a 6 speed and an lsd, that shit wasn't available two decades ago

or i can buy a 650hp corvette
or a 260hp fwd mazda
or a 140hp miata
or a 550hp m5
or a 600hp s8
or a toyota just built for sliding around corners
or a civic type-r that scrubs the fucking floor with all the models prior to it in terms of speed and driving feel
or maybe you want a pick up with 600 ft/lbs of torque
or a 4wd porsche that has 500+hp and can tackle any mountain in front of it

fuck, there are like a dozen cars that can top 200mph

yes everything today is faster, safer, comfier, and better

;_; i will user, i will

>New Type-R
>driving feel
heh
>rest of the list except Toyobaru
Who the fuck cares about horsepower when it's in such a bland package?
>faster
What's the point of speed if you feel even slightly isolated from the car?
>safer
True, but you can't deny that that takes a little fun out. There's almost no risk factor if you crash at normal speeds, just like a video game.
>comfier
t. Old man
>better
"better", maybe to women and people who don't actually like cars.

Same and my gf thinks im retarded for buying it, makes a tow hook charm tho

>bland package

you literally have people who have been reviewing for decades like tiff needel, jeremy clarkson, and james may who will admit that these cars are fucking awesome

i'm not gonna listen to some shitty asshole mr2fag on Veeky Forums over some of the most prestigious voices in auto journalism

you're just a faggot, deal with it

mr2fag? I'm just a passerby user, telling you why I think new cars aren't the same.

Protip: Clarkson, Tiff, and (sadly) May are being paid to say that shit. That's how TV works, you jackass. These are the same men who looked down on cars with isolated driving experiences in the 90s, you think they've changed their minds now? How would they make money if they had to admit that most cars now are shit? FFS, Clarkson and Tiff HATE automatics, and Jeremy specifically hates flappy paddles. Use your head a bit.

It is definitely down to personal preference... but that very preference is the difference between a "car guy" and a "white collar demi-hobbyist with a hatred for anything that's not facilitated in some way"

I just find it ironic that the most popular car among drug dealers is a recycled cop car

>audi is unreliable

Meanwhile, my b5 hasn't left me stranded once while my friends with toyotas and hondas are at the shop more often than I am.

>use your head a bit

do you know why they hate automatics or 'specifically flappy paddles'?

because for years they were shit. especially when they were released with the old 355 and the F1 transmission that was like driving with a 16 year old trying to drive stick for the first time. it wasn't until like 3-4 years ago that they were actually well done and with the improved quality, came improved opinions

and it's funny you say he 'hate(s) automatics' because he has openly admitted that he loves range rovers, and has daily driven an slk55, clk63k, and an sls, all only offered in auto.

i bet you're one of those guys that bases your opinion on their journalistic merit from like....7 episodes

but seriously, you need to reevaluate your personal preference because there is some awesome shit being built nowadays

Yes, he has openly admitted... on a show... that he's paid for. Even if he wasn't being paid to say that stuff (which he is), he's an old man now. They all are. If they prefer autotragics and heavy chunky cars, that's fine, but they are very disengaging to drive. All those cars you listed are.

The sensation of speed is different when you have a soft suspension, stability control, automatic braking, et cetera. I don't care how "awesome" this shit is being build nowadays. Look at electric cars and you will know at how I'm looking at modern dino cars.

The Fiat meme

i can't even tell if you're just stupid now or just actively trying to incite some anger

soon you'll be able to buy an alfa romeo that weighs hundreds less than an e39, has 100 more horsepower out of a genuine ferrari motor, with a six speed trans, brakes that won't fade, a rear diff that pushes power towards the wheel better suited to handle it in any situation, and can either go from a track monster to a sedate cruiser with the twist of a knob

actually i'm just gonna stop, you haven't driven shit that's worth mentioning so you're the #1 person to not talk cars with

ps if it was built before 1995 and it wasn't italian or german, it sucked dick

The new Giulia is so fuckin sexy

Wow, normalfag: the post. I'm glad I wasted my time talking to you!

>unshaved cunt between chink eyes
>sexy

>mentioning specific cars
There are plenty of good old cars too,

Also:
>fuck, there are like a dozen cars that can top 200mph
Not many that don't fall into the super car category. Probably only dodge charger SRT hellcat or something, but the only reason i don't consider that a super car is because it's a 4 door and a muscle car.

Anyway, cars are faster but that's expected, what you don't have that much anymore is unnecessarily powerful cars. Which is to say the VEE ATE in a family car, or something. A Lincoln continental in 69 was making 500lb torque and 380 something horses. It was a fucking family luxury car, it wasn't a dragster, but they packed that crazy 7 liter in there anyway.

Safer, at what cost? Yea less people die, but you can't see shit out of your car because of crazy thick A pillars cos rollover protection. All those electronics that throw a error. Cars that have throttle based traction control that means you can't spin your tires, and can't be turned off. And newer cars with safety features that simply don't allow you to do dangerous shit, like automatic brakes. They're even working on a system that sets the speed limit to the speed of the road.

Comfier? Really subjective. I miss my old Buick with it's bench seats. Those things where like a couch, i used to fall asleep on my moms lap in that old buick with my legs over my dads lap. THAT was comfy, nothing has ever come close to that level of comfort for me.

Cars have gotten better mechanically definitely, undeniably so. But older cars had things that made them better for many other reasons, one would be the human to car interface, modern cars have lost that more and more, with cars like fiats telling you when to change gears.

Also this is a massive generalization, most modern cars suck shit. Just like most old cars sucked shit. A falcon wasn't good, just like a corrola still sucks. There where just less econoboxes then, cos muh cheap gas.

Saw this in Melbourne

>it wasn't until like 3-4 years ago that they were actuall
Are you retarded? Auto trannies have been doing great for a really long time now.

The reason Europeans dislike automatics is because it's not seen as what a man drives.

In america it's different, we want people doing stuff for us, we're lazy, changing gears is lame.

It's a simple cultural diffrence, it's why you can find many even young Europeans who can drive manual, while most Americans even boomers mostly know auto and nothing else.

>Points out super expensive super cars to say modern cars are better
>ps if it was built before 1995 and it wasn't italian or german, it sucked dick
>I was born in 2000 the post.

Are you even old enough to drive?

Feels just like old times for them.

Pretty sure he's talking about flappy paddle boxes

>That focus

How expensive is gas in Auscuckistan?

In Victoria it's about $1.10 AUD per litre. Pretty good if you ask me, but it was much lower a few months ago.

i'm 27. i've driven a lot of cars. the new ones are better. the steering is better, the brakes are better, the handling is better, the ride is better, the tech is better.

they're just....better

like i said before, old cars have some redeeming qualities, but it's mostly just nostalgia or price. i mean an rx-7 was the shit back in the day but it still did 0-60 in 5 seconds. a bmw 435 can beat that and it's fat

i'm not saying i'd never buy an old car to make my own through modifications, because that would be very, very, very fun and very good for the soul. what i'm saying is that Veeky Forums keeps saying new cars suck but they really don't, they're way better than the cars that came before

Something that's been around since before the 60s?

Semi auto has been really common on motorcycles for a while.

Semi automatic transmission is mostly useless FYI. They're really for 'feeling sporty' without actually being necessary. If you have a ECU worth it's salt, turn off overdrive and you will get the same result.

A 'true' sports auto would be a duel clutch.

Most car manufactures only offer paddle cos it makes people feel good. They're a joke to people who can actually drive a manual, and most of the time, no one uses them.

Wow pretty close to what we have.

actually a TRUE SPORTS AUTO would be a single clutch trans. less weight and less to go wrong, which is why everyone that actually needs to go fast uses them. but if you want something comfortable then they're hard to get right, and usually only used when absolutely speed is desired (like an lfa)

250r is a great starter bike

This is a car enthusiast board.
News flash, you're not an enthusiast.

You want a car that's comfy, you can drive and be worry free.

The rest of us want a car that's fun while we're on the road, off road, on the garage.

No shit cars get mechanically better as time goes on, but they're better to the people who want to feel in touch with the car. It's the old pilot who doesn't like fly by wire because he can't feel the plane. It's the same thing.

And on the comfort note, it's entirely down to specifics, we had a Buick with self sprung heated seats from the 80s. Comfy as a bed and heated. Most things you're saying are 'new' car things, where on the older cars, just only on the expensive models. Abs brakes, airbags whatever, wine coolers, heated seats, electronic adjustment, etc. Already existed, they're just standard for cheaper now.

And you're again bringing up the sports or super/sporty cars. Your average BMW sedan isn't doing 0-60 in 5 seconds. It's providing luxury and a smooth ride. And fat has very little to do with it, the dodge challenger is a fucking brick, but it has 707 horses so it does 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. VS a tesla model S has better torque control VS Euro cars with turbos and shit, and aerodynamics. There's multiple ways to be fast.

But most cars are doing 0-60 in 11 seconds, they don't care to do 0-60 quickly, they care to be cheap and offer enough to keep people happy. A corolla is still shit, it's just gotten more features for the same price.

believe me, i'm a fuckin enthusiast

you're just an idiot who won't stop talking about awful old american sedans

and the average bmw does 0-60 in literally 5 seconds, the 435 does it in 4.6. that's because it has a reliable six pot with a hefty twin scroll turbo for some schnell

new cars offer fun, and comfort, and safety

old cars either offered fun, or comfort, or safety

Check out my trips.

>I am really retarded

you're still cringy little twat now, only more retarded

Go through them, go ahead: zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/bmw-0-60-mph-times/

Not many of them do 5 seconds Retard.

Guess what, 1965 Ford Mustang GT 289 — 5.2 seconds. Acting like 5 second 0-60 is impressive out of a 40 thousand dollar coup just makes you sound like an idiot.

And no. Most new cars don't offer fun, comfort and safety. Most new cars offer, affordability, safety and some comfort depending on what you get. Some new cars offer all three, most don't.

Some old cars offered fun, comfort and safety. Most old cars offered affordability, comfort and some safety. Safety took a back seat to comfort back then.

BMW is not an average car manufacturer, they don't even try to be, you fool. Look at Toyota, that's what the average car manufacturer is.

Stop jerking off to shop queens, and come back when you've grown your first beard.

New cars don't -really- offer fun, though, that's what we're saying. Fun, sure, if you're not into feeling connected with the car. But then why are you here? I'd rather have an older, slightly slower car, that was lightweight and I could feel the road in it. I'd rather have a car that I'd fare much better in than someone less experienced. With all the driver assists in modern cars, some 13 year old from China could drive it without many problems, right off the lot. That's so silly.

Yes- I realize there are still manual transmission cars. However they all come with hill assist and even automatic rev matching. Stacey McAirhead could drive one no problem, whereas I'd like to see her drive my RX7 with a racing clutch and notchy short shifter. I'd like to see her drive it smoothly--that's where the fun is sometimes, but with new cars, it's all bundled into one big comfy mess and I don't like that at all. I don't think anyone who really likes driving would like that.

It's more than just "hurr I can go fast AND be comfortable AND safe AND have all this convenience at the tip of my fingers". Sometimes, we need to do the thinking for ourselves. How long until everything is automatic? Fuck that, I'm a living breathing person.

>average bmw
>435i, aka the second highest trim
Sorry m8 but the average BMW is a 320d or even 116d.
And power is not the only thing you want from a car. From what I've heard the new 4 series has awfully numb steering. Most new cars do because they aren't made to be fun. Normalfags don't like fun. Making enthusiast cars isn't profitable.

Things are really shit when you don't get to have them. If FF is so fucking good, why is it that no proper performance car has ever had front wheeld rive ever? Why do you think FWD disappears from model lineups when you begin to spend a bit of money? Why is there no FF supercar?

Because it's not as good for performance oriented driving than any RWD or AWD layout. AWD works well because there is a rear-bias, and the front wheels just help things along, FF is for cheap cars, and cars designed to maximise interior space and economy over most other concerns. Kill yourself.

I fell for the rotary engines and carburetors are reliable meme

My FB has lasted 45k miles and the seals are fine, the nikki only lasted 30k from when I bought it, but the webers are nice now.

have driven a rw mustang, fw grand prix and an awd SHO in the snow, all can be done. mustang was/is the most fun, but awd is nice for reliability.

still like 420 drifting it sideways in the snow

I fell for the Fiesta ST meme.

Previously drove an s2000 as my DD, now it sits in my garage waiting for its much needed work while I spank this little ff cuckmobile all around town. I've even taken it out for some tracks days and had a lot of fun, but I really wish my s2000 wasn't falling apart.

Anyone else fall for the one of the most memed cars of the decade and get fisted?

lel, i've tried telling you stupid fucks to avoid them little mememobiles, but noooooooo, y'all gotta be gay af and get the pieces of shit

oops, clicked the wrong post.

Nah, I got FoSTed, and it does what I want as a car, as a hatch.

that the aw-11 was a decent car.

The "it's better to buy a used sports car than a new car because of MUH FEELZ" meme

Not original user but:

I drive rwd in the yukon. You just need to not be a fucking idiot. Make sure you have weight in the back

JF1ZCAC1XD1609479

Thanks MB

buying a used shitbox instead of a brand new car
fucked ended up been more expensive after a year

Same.

I used to think that every car that had a manual was inherently sporty. Why else would they make cars with them? I grew older and wiser and released that most manual transmissions where never built to be made for driver enjoyment and were just cheap utilitarian alternatives and realized that an econobox with a manual is still an econobox and unless you are dropping the dollary-doos for something that was actually meant to be sporty, manual transmissions are just not worth it.

same

>liking shaved cunts
Underaged faggot

Damn that's the gayest thing i've heard all week and I live in Toronto.