Itt: Surprises you found in your car left by the previous owner(s)

>Replacing some fuses under dash
>Notice some wire harnesses unplugged just hanging there
>Huh weird let me just plug them in...
>Check Engine light right away
>Unplug wire
>Check engine light gone
>Pretend I didn't see that and leave the wire unplugged

Other urls found in this thread:

policestateusa.com/2013/routine-smog-checkpoints-impede-california-roads/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7BZY1pnlU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Second set of keys in the glovebox
>Fuse snap on cover under driver seat

>car is already wired up with an amp in the trunk

>buy golf
>look in instruction manual
>PO left a 4 leaf clover in it.
>tranny took a shit a week later

There's a button small button next to the steering wheel on my CRV where you would put buttons for foglights and shit, it seems to do nothing, but i can't find where the wire goes.

It's not just not wired to anything, it has wires going somewhere past the firewall idk where.

I should do something about that, but i'm not tearing the dash out to find where a small button goes.

LOL

Bought a used GMC Sierra from a shady lot. PPI checked out and paid cash though, so it was all good. Note I'm in CA and the smog laws are fucked so you can't do shit to your car.

Anyway, a few days later I'm checking out all the little storage cubbies and find a pack of Natural Spirit smokes and a receipt from a store in Richardson, TX.

Crawl under truck to replace fuel filter and notice truck has true dual exhausts, which might be common for most of you guys but here in CA if it didn't come with it, smog cops say no. Have had the truck smogged 3 times since and no one has caught it. Thanks Texas bro!

Fuck CA for real

>shifter goes floppy

He used zip ties instead of replacing the bushing...

There's no such thing as a "smog cop." Nobody does visuals under the car, have you ever seen a test only shop with a rack? The inspections in Texas are more rigorous than the ones in CA.

>6 (six) razor blades
>Unused roll of electrical tape from 2006
>Plethora of shitty CDs
He probably was a drug lord

bought a c7 and found a gt-r in the ashtray
guess it got smoked

Guy was selling car cheap-ish because it had electrical issues. He says there's no left turn signal, he'd checked wiring and had no clue why it wasn't working.

I take a quick look and buy it on the spot, take it home, and laugh at my good fortune. The idiot had forgotten to put a bulb back in the socket. Buy a $5 bulb from autozone and boom, left turn signal.

Other fun things: A whole series of Mexican incenses with various names in Spanish, and various pictures of Christian saints and angels on them. Tweety bird floor mats in the spare tire trunk spot, along with the spare tire rim, but no spare tire.

>Mexican
>Such a simple problem
I think the car was stolen bro and he was trying to get rid of it fast.

>Golf ball in the trunk
>Sock in the trunk
>Half a case of Dr. Pepper from 2010 in the trunk
>Flare kit
>A baseball in the trunk
>Another sock in the trunk
>An empty can of Dr. Pepper in the trunk

Perfect find.

nice

>Chapstick with $300 in it

I love this meme.

>smell something terrible since purchasing civic
>smell gets worse over next few weeks
>decide to remove rear seat while cleaning
>found a severed finger decomposing

Did you eat it?

>cleaning out car I just bought
>cleaning out the trunk
>check spire tire compartment for grime
>pull out spare tire
>underneath are 4 pairs of panties
>L-XXL
>bought car from 60-something year old black dude on a farm

Not really a find anything inside but related

>buy 2nd gen dodge ram
>Floor carpet stained to hell
>Entire cab smells like car mechanic

I love that smell everytime i get in.

i'm almost entirely sure op found the test mode connectors for his car. usually makes the radiator fans and fuel pup cycle and has the check engine light come on.

it's used by mechanics to work on the ecu and such.

I bought a Celica for 500 bucks and it had the following inside it:

>2 spare Cooper tires, directionals
>jumper cables
>gallon of oil
>like 20 bucks in change

Not bad. It also had the system 10 surround sound with a stock head unit. Rare as fuck.

The RX7 FC I just bought:
>1l of 2 stroke
>brake fluid (opened)
>1l of 10w30
>a bungee cord holding the battery down

No ragrets

sweet saturn brah

>2010 Legacy
>Bungee cord wrapped up and entangled in the passenger side strut

No idea how it happened or why. Had to cut that fucker out.

Uncle had an old American landbarge that had (used) shotgun shells in the trunk

Traces of cocaine on the dashboard of a friend's 240 from the previous owner

I bought a BMW 328ci off a serviceman 2 years ago:
>actual British military tactical knife
>entrance pass of his military base (outdated)
>wiring for the subwoofer and amp
>Haynes BMW E46 manual
>paperwork of repairs and service visits dating from 2001
and the best of all: when swapping out the rusted front fender we found about 1 gram of weed LOL
pic related

th-thanks

Well, that explains why it's never been caught

>Package of mints
>9mm bullet and casing in the trunk
>Old next oil change tag from the year of the car
>A wrench
The wrench may have been mine, but I don't remember.

I am from CA and I have seen mobile smog stations where cops pull you over and do exactly that

I have a socket wrench stuck on a bolt on the undercarriage of my car
i can't get it off and i guess neither could the previous owner

Beer cans under the driver's seat

except they literally don't do that and you're lying. they did that federally back in the 70's when smog was first being enforced. there are no "mobile smog stations", at least not in California.

A golf ball under the driver's seat with his initials and a smiley face on it.

contemporary Christian CD in the player

if youre 2nd gen ram doesnt smell like oil and slight burning, youre doing something wrong

i had a camaro. if you take off the radio/weather control piece of plastic that covers the controls theres a stash spot. one time i was getting loaded and i put a spoon and needle in there and it fell down. nice suprise for the person who bought my car i guess.

bought a 95 f150 a couple years ago

in the cab:
>Creed CD in the player
>brand new pair of argyle socks under the bench seat
>about $5 in change
>4 good lighters
>owners manual for a Chrysler lebaron
>at least 7 spiders

in the tool box I had to break to get open
>new in the box flowmaster 40 series
>3 ball hitch plug
>new exhaust tip
>one spider
>random assortment of craftsman sockets
>about 500 zipties
>one six-sided die

shit was cash yo. learned how to drive stick in that old turd. fun times

>bought car
>went to gas station
>locking gas cap but no key
>smash off cap
>use emergency gas cap
>find key for gas cap in glovebox FUCK!

>Volvo 850 power antenna stops working
>pull back trunk lining to get at it
>knotted sock wedged in trunk fender well
>loaded Baretta 380

>USMC mehanic changing tires on 900 series 5-ton
>pull rear duals off
>live grenade wedged between axle and air brake cylinder

Are these really true?

VIN was clean, transferred it last month. Some people just can't into cars.

I've come to learn that the first owner drove it hard in its 67000 miles before me, unfortunately

I went and checked out this Geo Metro, and the funniest thing ever was that the owners had pulled the stereo head and there was an actual spiderweb, complete with spider, sitting in the gap. Didn't end up buying it sadly, but it still sticks with me.

> clutch ignition lockout disabled
> almost crash into garage while starting car

Now I know manual is a meme unless you are on the race track or touge. Thanks for the heads up faggots.

policestateusa.com/2013/routine-smog-checkpoints-impede-california-roads/

Interesting things when I bought my Safari.

>In the glovebox on the dog house I found 2 magnum condoms, a cool metal pen, apple iPod shuffle, some kind of weird mixed CD, POs receipts for the work he had done on his quads, pictures of his family, & a $2 bill
>In the back I found a stainless steel spotlight, a huge collection of the good rubber snuggies, assortment of condoms, wheel weights, extra lug nuts, extra valve stem caps, wheel cylinders
>Under the sub box I found more receipts for various things
>In the jack area I found a 7 to 4 adapter, two tire irons, and a pair of vice grips
>When doing exhaust work I found a pair of vice grips that must've been forgotten when they bolted the flange back up
>No spare tire

Push in the clutch you fucking idiot.
Found a dime bag in mine.

Yes

I about shit myself when i saw the grenade. We cleared the yard and called EOD. They said it had been there for a long time.

were there any legal repercussions for the guy?

This made me actually lol....

>the inspections in Texas are more rigorous than the ones in CA

You want to know how I know you have never been a state inspector in either state?
Because you're wrong.

I'm a state inspector in Texas and our inspections are a fucking joke, even more so if you live in a county that doesn't require emissions.
And even for emissions, if you dont have a CEL you will pass for OBD2 emissions.

That's fucking genius. I've taken that trim piece off probably fifty times in my old Camaro and Firebird, and never once thought of keeping my weed in there

You probably know I am not a "state inspector" in California because California does not have vehicle inspections aside from emissions

a mini deck of cards with a bunch missing with weird animals called happy friends and a tiny generic japan cartoon figure

I found a pair of Harry Potter glasses in a pouch in the backseat.

Pena mouh ah mouh China mouh ah
ah ah ah ah Ah AH

This man is very Chinese.

a big freaking box of condoms, half empty
the car will never smell the same ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=Nz7BZY1pnlU
this?

>One of those McDonalds coffee sticker cards, already filled
>75 cents
Score!

Looks nicer than mine, user. Gonna nip down to the local Pick 'n Pull on Saturday and see what I can find. Previous owners broke in themselves when they lost the key, so while I fixed the door, the ignition module and stem is just fucked. Thankfully it seems easy to rip off and replace.

The previous owner was a Latvian woman who bought it new. She had two kids, both in middle school now.

This, however, pales in comparison to what I found in the old 9-5. Crapton of breath mints with wedding decorations on them, two Albanian flags, a medalion depicting some Albanian guy, a 2-liter Coke bottle full of gasoline, an extra tire iron, a bunch of complimentary cards to a strip club in Indiana, a notice of involuntary termination from JC Penny for attendance, $3 in pennies, and a crapton of Twizzlers wrapper.

Nope. Never reported it never registered it. My brother has it now.

WA state still has some pretty liberal gun laws.

I found a vape kit in the glovebox of my used subaru.

>sold my shitbox learner car to friend
>after a few months he sands it all back to the body for a respray
>gets to part under driver side door
>notices there's an unhealthy amount of bog there
>gets out the grinder and cuts it back
>it's full of newspaper, spanners, screwdrivers and sockets
>huge foot long dent and almost reaching drivers seat, like they had sideswiped a tree stump or something out rallying

We shat bricks realizing we had driven a deathtrap around for so long but at least we got some free tools out of it.

And if you were asking about the grenade, it had been there for a good long time. We had no idea when or where it got in there.

holy shit who fills gashes with tools of all things haha

That's what had us thinking, why not rocks or all newspaper? Maybe they thought a few steel tools would reinforce it or something?

actually, maybe they used a strong magnet on the inside of the door to hold the tools in place while they put filler over it. Would make it pretty easy that way.

Not in the door, under it on the frame/body in the red, I dunno what it's called. This is the old shitbox.

thats the rocker panel

There ya go, learn something new every day. The impact fucked it up pretty good, it just wasn't visible at all from under or in the car, they did a good job of masking that shit.

There's a thread for exactly this thing
But good luck selling a car with a service engine light.

I'm not quite sure on why, but three weeks after I bought it, it blew a head gasket. That was about two years back.

Found a butter knife in the space between the glove box and the dash as well. It had been rattling away for about a year before I found it. Drove me absolutely nuts.

I'm actually impressed.

A bunch of diodes soldered to wires that lead to the boot light and numplate light. What was he trying to do? I removed them and nothing happened.

>Found a butter knife in the space between the glove box and the dash as well. It had been rattling away for about a year before I found it. Drove me absolutely nuts.

Checked to see if it could start your ignition or open any of your locks? Would be the most obvious reason for finding one in a car.

Probably thought they were fuses.

>inherit great grandmother's 99 Oldsmobile 88 in high school
>find various possessions of a now dead 90yo woman scattered throughout the cabin in odd places where she probably left them by mistake
>quietly throw them away as i find them to avoid being haunted

>be 2013
>looking for acura integras for sale
>find one in my price range and buy it.
>sitting in my car at a skate park with my friends
>decide to look just past hand brake under the boot
>find a small piece of paper, i open it.
it was a childs ticket for a new york subway back in 1996 for 2$
the integra was a 1994
>decide to look up carfax
>integra was purchased in september 1993 for the 1994 model year at an acura dealership in brooklyn new york. just a few months after i was born in 1993.
somehow this car made it all the way to northen california where i bought it.
fucking crazy.

I found my radio wired to ground through the positive side of the dash light circuit, so the radio never worked with the lights on until the fuse blew for the dash lights.

Quit shilling. I don't know your intentions but you seek to deceive us.

forgot to mention
>no rust
>i named my integra brooklyn.

>Checked to see if it could start your ignition or open any of your locks? Would be the most obvious reason for finding one in a car.

It wouldn't. The key barrel is in ridiculously good nick for a thirty old car. It hasn't been swapped out either, because I have the original dealership key as well.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it then, would be ironic if it was wedged there to stop a rattle in the first place.

That's not crazy at all. There are many cars imported from America in Eastern Europe, so a car going from NY to CA is nothing out of ordinary.

>There are many cars stolen from America in Eastern Europe

FTFY

go rain on someone elses parade

Nah most of these cars have been flooded in the past. Most of the stolen cars are from Germany and Belgium

>a huge ratnest of wires that didnt even connect to anything
>a heater hose that was replaced with cheap airhose that was all melted and gummy
>an unlabled can of unknown substance that leaked out behind the seat after it rusted through
>a crevice in the body filled with nearly a foot of dirt
>a tiny crucifix

>peanuts in the spare tire compartment
>condom in the sun visor pocket
>dimebag under the console

Last one wasn't a surprise, considering the seller. More a matter of where than if.

>Bungee cord battery tie down

Dude, fix that before taking any hard right turns. Though you might be all right since I don't think FC's have distributors.

coconut body oil, a bag of screws which I dont know what they are from and a LED set in the dash thats not wired up

They use coil packs with plug wires, two separate packs for leading and trailing. It's still in its cradle, just strapped down. It's the only jank thing in the engine bay DESU.

delete this please

>guy said ac worked
>little did I know, it works for the first 30 minutes then the car temp and oil gauge start to rise

I will never know what this means

>Airbag light on
>Previous owner can't fix it
>VW buys it back from the warranty
>VW can't fix it
>Look up video on how to install a new radio
>Tells me that if the radio is unplugged with the ignition on the airbag light comes on
>icandrivefeelingsafe.png
>Fix the light
>VW fixes the title
>20k miles later
>Sell for triple what I bought it for

What? I live in Los Angeles and literally after every car show I attend I get stopped by the emissions checkpoint and they inspect my car on the spot. Even in Beverly Hills I was with a buddy who had a straight pipe M3 and was pulled over and inspected.