Tailgaters... what do?

What do you guys do about tailgaters? Brake check and they'll ram you as they're probably playing with their phone and eating doritos. I have this bumper sticker and it actually seems to have helped some. But there are still some determined to be assholes. What do, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NQJOKM9GkVg
roadwarrior.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12162/do-you-have-to-let-them-pass/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do you guys do about tailgaters?
pull over, let them take lead, switch on highbeams and tailgate them.
They always try to lose me but they never can.

move over since i'm not a passive aggressive prick

On a 2 lane hwy with no shoulder?

How about you worry about what's in front of you instead and move over faggot literally almost beat the shit out of two rear view drivers who tried to brake check me but they missed their exit like scared faggots they are

>tfw people tailgate me because I'm in a coupe
>mfw I have two sets of high beams on my car and fog lights

I say fuck'em. That's what I do. Have to take a stretch of road that goes from two lane hwy, splits to 4 way for a bit, then back to two at three different points. Speed limit is 55, I'll set the cruise to 60. I don't give a shit how fast that asshole behind wants to go. Fucker can go around or wait a couple of minutes. It's always some fucker in a SUV.

>Side and rear mirrors auto adjust to light
>Ignore them

If they're being particularly obnoxious and don't pass me
>Let off gas (but don't brake)
>65...55...45...30...20
>Gun it as they try and pass me
>Always win

V8 stronk

Ignore them. Go ahead, rear end me, my trailer hitch will wreck your engine.

Vigilante Justice just lock up your brakes

You're the cancer

Proud of it

If I'm on a straight away and someone tries to pass me, I always slow and yield to them.

But if some lifted brotruck is riding my ass while I'm doing 10 over on curvy roads, you bet I'm going to fuck with them.

>Don't even give a fuck

I downshift 2 gears without using any brakes. So the lights don't go on but my car starts to suddenly slow down. Usually scares the shit out of them I would imagine.

That's how you get your lucky civic smashed into a ditch

Brake check hard because shitbox. Haven't gotten rear ended yet.

Naw, only you would be dumb enough to fly off the road from a minor rear end.

Just gently slow down until they piss off.

Downshift and enjoy the payout

>get tailgated
>speed up and pull over into the next lane aggressively
>they're too much of a pussy to overtake

Forgot to add
>slow down to match their speed when you're in the other lane

I never get tailgated unless I'm being a retard and not paying attention in the left lane.

If I'm on a four-lane road, I try to find an other vehicle going the speed limit and match speeds while I'm next to them.

>doing twenty over
>some cunt still tailgates
>always have their fucking high beams on

It was worth it the one time I ran by a speed trap that had a cop in it. Cop went after the dude behind me and I sailed off. Scared me for a moment the cop would overtake and gun it for me but nawh. Dumbass prick.

This. Auto dimming mirorrs ftw, your high beams don't bother me, and I'm sure my tiny car is faster than yours. Bring it assholes, cuz I'm a bigger one.
good

Slow down gradually and trigger them. You see how triggered tailgaters get in these threads when people tell them they're stupid for being passive aggressive needledicks and tailgating, it's fucking hilarious.

I throw my Starbucks out the sunroof so it hits their windshield. I've gotten pretty good at it. I think I'm going to start keeping a stash of lead pellets or s.t maybe rig am airsoft gin through to point at the back if that's not illegal

yeah enjoy getting shot in a driveby or rammed off the road.
I suppose I'm a special case as I will trigger the tail gaters and rage hard but that is only if I am in the right. Slow fucks blocking the left lane and not passing I will ride their ass all day.

Meander the lane.
Scares the shit out of people.

A handful of pennies is both innocent enough to find in a car and able to scare the shit out of people when tossed at their undercarriage at speed.

>Slow fucks blocking the left lane and not passing I will ride their ass all day.
You're a fucking shrimpdicked passive aggressive idiot. Enjoy your at-fault crash.

Ahhh does babby not understand the law is keep right except to pass? Enjoy my high beams, I'm sure my sports car with sticky rubber will stop faster than your shitbox grandpa
>inb4 two wrongs don't make a right
But they sure do bother you huh?

My friend has rear window wipers on his GTi, he turned the water sprayers straight back so that they shoot water at tailgaters. It's pretty funny actually.

lmao
triggered immediately just like I said, I barely had to change my phrasing

Speed up to the point where they're not close to me anymore. My speed is determined by the cars in front or behind me.

Maybe you shouldn't have such a weak titty car

Ignore them and continue on with my cruise control set at the speed limit.

I'm usually in the right hand land with at least 3 more lanes to my left (I live in Los Angeles), so if they're behind me it's their own fault.

I ignore them entirely and drive at the speed I want to. If they want to pass the can pass.

Oh geez I'm the triggered one? Top kek. Get out the left lane gramps.

Is it too much to expect people to follow the law? I just don't get it. I'll brake check you or tailgate you if you are breaking the law you shrimpdicked slow driving idiot, and I'd expect people to do the same if I'm in the wrong.

>HE'S BREAKING THE LAW!
>I BETTER BREAK THE LAW TOO!
>I'LL SHOW HIM!

Not every state has a "keep right" law.

>get shot

>get whiplash

Woops! Try again?

>so triggered he starts going on a damage control rant about how going too slow for his personal preference is against the law
>so triggered that he forgot that tailgating is against the law
the comedy doesn't stop!

>But they sure do bother you huh?
kek. like I said, I don't give two fucks about the law I just want you out of my damned way, just as I don't get butthurt when people get on my ass when I forget to get over.
Mine does, tell that to the mexicans tho please.
I shoot back ;)

"Keep right" only applies to cars going slower than the speed limit. It's not designed so people are required to give the right of way to people breaking the law, and it would be silly to think so.

Never had tailgater problem.
How do you find them?

It is illegal in my state to block traffic in the left most lane. This isn't personal preference it is the law. Its not like I tailgate people going below the limit on two lane roads, nothing wrong with that "personal preference."

Come on autismo give me some more. Did a bro truck tailgate you today?

This. I drive a full sized pickup, I'm a pretty civil driver and am mindful of the size of my vehicle. I'm not going to do any squirrely bullshit unless some fuckery is afoot. But goddamn if it doesn't put me in stitches when some douchenoodle tries to bully me on a county road with a prius or something.

>that picture
Literally me. ;-;

I tailgate people camping the left lane.

I dont tailgate when:

>there is someone in front of them
>inclement weather
>they are going 10 or more over
>heavy traffic

Otherwise stay right until you need to pass. Jesus christ.

Except most laws are written as "impeding the flow of traffic" and not "going the speed limit."

>"Keep right except to pass"
>"It is unlawful to continuously drive in the leftmost lane blocking traffic"
>"You must pull over and allow other vehicles to pass if you are obstructing more than 5 vehicles"
Literally all those are legal in my state. There is nothing silly about it, you can't go the speed limit in the left lane unless passing and you can't go under the speed limit and hold up more than 5 cars. You state must suck, no wonder you guys get so butthurt.

As you can see half the people in here think it is their right to camp the left lane. What you have posted is common courtesy, something they don't get by getting the hell right.

There is no law that requires you to let people speed. The speed limit is very clear and easy to understand... for most people.

You need to read the way the laws are written. Please find one of the "keep right" laws that even mentions the speed limit and not the flow of traffic.

>"Keep right except to pass"
>"It is unlawful to continuously drive in the leftmost lane blocking traffic"
Speed limit or not you can't just drive in the left lane in the State of Washington. Speed limit or not, it is against the law. And that not an opinion, that is fact. Maybe in your state its different but here you would be ticketed for holding up the speeders. God bless, they just had a campaign to pull over left lane campers like you.

You can still pass cars on a 2 lane highway, the line just has to be dashed on your side and you must have good visibility to make sure no vehicles go opposite direction.

RCW 46.61.100
Keep right except to pass:
(2) Upon all roadways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, except (a) when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, (b) when traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow
(4) It is a traffic infraction to drive continuously in the left lane of a multilane roadway when it impedes the flow of other traffic.

No note of speed limit, either be in the left lane passing people or get right (2). And if you aren't the fastest car in the left lane (4) you have to get right and let the speeder pass you before you fall in behind them.

Have you even read your State's Rules of the Road? You probably should

It is illegal to travel above the speed limit at any time.

I cannot make this any clearer.

And it is illegal to obstruct the speeder in the left lane (4) of the above post. It is not your right to play traffic cop, in fact it is illegal for you to obstruct the speeder in WA State.

I get super, mega butthurt. It's a very simple concept. Normies just don't fucking get it.

>Stay right unless to pass

In a hurry? You're playing leapfrog, which is just fine.

Nobody is talking about speeding not being illegal you goalpost moving retard. It doesn't matter if a car is speeding or not, if they're going faster than you, get out of the left lane. Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to read before you try to argue with anyone. I still don't see a keep right law mentioning you have to be driving the speed limit.

Exactly which is part (4) of this post >Left-Right-Left-Right-Let the bigger speeder pass-Left...
God damned normies

How do you drive the limit in LA? No matter where I am, if its not rush hour, everyone is going 20 over, even in the right lanes. In fact, I almost got fubared a bit ago on the 5 because I was "only" going 75

Exactly.

That is not the point. Playing traffic cop obstructing the left lane with your shitbox just to ruin someone's day with your holier than thou ideals does not make you correct.

Yes you are correct, I am breaking the law going faster than the speed limit. You are breaking the law AND a massive faggot for intentionally blocking my way improperly using the left lane.

Also, better hope we don't end up in the same destination. Because your fedora isn't going to protect you from the public scene that's about to happen.

I acknowledge your replies.

I look forward to meeting you in hell

(You)

>thinking I am fishing for replies

>that poor grammar and sentence composition

All you're beating is your stepdad's BBC for gas money. Fuck off.

>Get whiplashed
>Survive

Their insurance pays my medical bills.

>inb4 no insurance
Enjoy getting your wages gouged or a lien stuck on any asset you own.

Its called "garnished" my redneck friend.
>imblying they'd stop
Hope you have underinsured motorist coverage

I do.

Fuck you

>average tailgaters ITT
youtube.com/watch?v=NQJOKM9GkVg

>get brakechecked at slow speed
>still manage to roll the vehicle

You faggots don't know how to drive, admit it.

Drive in yurop, so I don't meet them

i go faster til they back off

lets see how fast you really want to go

This, right here. As long as I'm doing the posted speed or better (protip: I'm always doing at least 5 over) I don't care about the driver behind me.

>living in 'murrica

quick flash of the rear fog lights... people associate bright red lights on the back of the vehicle with braking, so they brake, but since its fog lights, and i'm not actually braking, i'm not going to get my shit rekt... hopefully...

Nothing. I sometimes pull over if I notice they're tourists, but just a few meters before a speed camera so they get fucked.

>mfw triggering tailgaters by slowing down gradually then nailing it when they go to pass
>mfw this will trigger tailgaters in this threat who will start calling me names and telling me that I'm "obstructing the flow" and other shit which is "illegal" while completely ignoring that as long as I'm going the speed limit it's the tailgater who is doing something "illegal"

>Nothing. I sometimes pull over if I notice they're terrorists

>get pulled over
>get shot by police

Whoops! Try again?

>downshift
>backfire and shoot fireball out of tailpipe

most of my commute is on the 5, which is loaded with trucks. trucks usually stick near the speed limit and i flow with them.

i'm not black and my car is registered to a very prominent former politician

they don't waste traffic stop time on rich people

Ugh. Fuck that, takes forever to get anywhere. I'm seriously starting to think about moving out of here. I love LA but holy fuck the shitty drivers are getting to me.

it is not your job to play traffic cop
i had someone swing their arms out the window purposefully enter my lane causing me to slam on my brakes because they thought i was going to fast
> shits dangerous

Driving the speed limit is now "playing cop."

kek

If you break because you saw a deer coming out of the woods you get to walk out with the insurance money because 9 times out of 10 it's going to be seen as their fault for hitting you.

this is from the 2016 driver's manual. If you are being tail-gated, change lanes or pull off the road.

Highway patrol can deliver citation for obstruction of the flow of traffic. Keep in mind that they have quota to meet so a ticket can be delivered to a driver deemed to be an obstruction just as easily as someone speeding (actually, it's easier).

"Obstructing the flow" of speeders is absolutely ridiculous.

>If you’re driving along Highway 101 in the far left lane and you’re doing the speed limit of 65 mph, are you legally required to move over for drivers who want to go even faster?

>No, says CHP Officer Jon Sloat.

>“You may annoy some people but it’s not illegal,” he says.

>But at the same time, he notes, while it’s legal to go the speed limit and not move over, the “smart thing is to move over and let the idiots go and we’ll catch up to them.”

roadwarrior.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12162/do-you-have-to-let-them-pass/

I drive normally cause the one time I brake checked I put a lot of people/cars in danger
>learners license w/ mom and her car
>1 lane past transit train station
>its 7am heavy pedestrians cause transit
>guy is tailgating me and I'm already 10 over
>see pedestrian waiting to cross I know he doesn't
>full stop heavy break check
he backed off tho

I tailgate everbody I see at any speed they're going because I enjoy the thrill of knowing any mistake will probably kill me.

I followed some guys in mercedeses and bmw's going >200kmh in 90kmh area trying to shake me off, and more often than not they did because my car isn't very fast.

The faster you go, the more adrenaline you get trying to touch their back bumper.

What do I do?
>the speed limit and dont look at them when the overtake
>If you drive stick, gear down so the break lights dont come on
>If on freeway wait untill they get cockey to get right up your ass then slam breaks just enough to make them think they will hit then speed off. If done right they should almost lose control.
Otherwise who the fuck cares, if im not speeding or in a fat lane im not risking my licence for anyone.

What country do you live were drivers are friendly like that? I stay out of the fast lanes and usually drive the speed limit yet people think its ok to drive up my ass

So at an interchange like this, where three lanes turn into two separate directions with two lanes each, and I want to go to the left, what should I do?
Because I got into the middle lane pretty soon after passing the sign. I went around 15 km/h above the limit, but was still tailgated by some guy in a van, who then gave me the finger when he passed me when he went to the right at the interchange.
Should I have stayed in the rightmodt lane longer? It seems risky, because I don't want to get into a heavily trafficked lane in the last minute, and it was still possible to pass me in the leftmost lane.
We don't have these kinds of interchanges in my country, because we don't really have any large highways, so I guess I'm not used to it.

Apply brakes sporadically and with force