Is she worth fixing, Veeky Forums? 130k miles, leaky value cover gasket, warped rotor, paint is flaking off everywhere...

Is she worth fixing, Veeky Forums? 130k miles, leaky value cover gasket, warped rotor, paint is flaking off everywhere, dented door and fender... It would take several thousand to bring her back to her former glory. Or I could just trade her in and get something more practical, like a civic. What do?

If you really liked the car, than the decision would be made in a heartbeat, given that you have some sort of stable income. But since you're actually asking:

1990's civic.

I absolutely love the car but I'm just afraid that as soon as i finish repairs, the engine will take a shit on me, given all the miles. I don't exactly make that much money.

ugh. Just be sensible and get a jap-eco-shitbox. until you can afford and s2k again.
Or just leave the s2k sitting somewhere and buy a shit box, and repair it when you've got the monies.

The engine should last for another 200 miles at least. Its not a western/american "premium" engine but a solid japanese engine. Its a v-tec engine.
And following the theyre getting more expensive each year meme, you should be able to at least get more money out of it later on if you sell it.

what a way to waste a classic

good going

>leaky value cover gasket,
This is like a 5 minute job
> warped rotor
This will take you a couple of hours
>paint is flaking off everywhere, dented door and fender
PLASTIDIP SON

Or just do like > Said and let it sit until you can repair it. Unless you live in tornado country it's not going anywhere.

>5 minute job

lol, kids

Fix the mechanical stuff, don't bother with visuals. It's a Honda, it won't rot.

Looks like nothing some bondo and plasti dip wont fix

>1990s Honda

So about a hour at most if he's completely inexperienced. Do the valve retainers (more work) and it'll soldier on for another 100k miles. Worst case a F20C is $3000 used.

The hardest part will be the warped rotor because if its anything like a Accord/Civic it'll still have those dumbass rotor screws that are probably rusted in and won't come out without drilling them out or a impact/air/JIS screwdriver

Look for a fender/hood off another silver S2000 and you're 90% there. Just keep it and turn it into a weekend track car (so wheels/tires and fixing whatever's worn out/broken). Nothing you listed is out of the ordinary for a 15 year old 130,000 mile car.

Nah, just a battle scar.
Now you have an excuse to go full blown drift missile

God damn OP, that s2gay is beat. What the fuck did you do it?

what state/province and how much do you want for it?

MFW how can you leave an AP1 in that kind of condition

if a valve cover gasket takes you more than 5 minutes then you're a fucking idiot, especially on almost any honda engine

I can't find one under 10k in my area so no fucking shit it's worth it. Take better care of your stuff.

what are they actually worth though? is he better off with a brz at this point with their boost in price?

Fix everything not cosmetic? Or like its been suggested, dip it.

thats like $50 in parts and $50 in plasti-dip, calm down dude

>leaky valve cover gasket and warped rotor
would cost about $75 to do yourself
>body work
idk thats always pricey.

Unless you have something where the upper intake blocks you taking off the valve covers and you don't have an intake spacer on.
But yeah its really easy to do.

Yes

its worth saving you fuck

worth saving if title still clean