Is the Scion iM a good choice for a reliable, long lasting DD?

Is the Scion iM a good choice for a reliable, long lasting DD?

Overseas it's the Corolla ZR/Auris for you non Burgers

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=85737&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&showcaseListingId=412023141&trim1=FIESTA|ST&mmt=[FORD[FIESTA[FIESTA%7CST]][]]&modelCode1=FIESTA&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2014&makeCode1=FORD&showcaseOwnerId=73009&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&listingId=421811495&Log=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

>Is the Scion iM a good choice for a reliable, long lasting DD?

Yes

How much are you paying? You could probably do better.

It's the definition of okay. It looked good to me, so I went for a test drive and didn't end up liking it too much. It's just not fun to drive. You could be better off with the new Civics, if you want reliability paired with fun.

scion Ia is better

Yes.

Don't pay anything more than $1,000 under invoice.

No it's not. It's a cheaper car and it shows in every way. The rear headrests are fucking worthless for anyone over like 5 foot 5

You can't negotiate on Scions.

Not for the price. 18k for a Focus/Mazda3-sized hatchback that's fully loaded? You'd need a 25k Focus or Mazda 3 to keep up with the Scion iM's features for the price. They come fully optioned. Your only choices are the transmission choice (CVT or 6 speed manual) and the color choice.

Scions have no haggle pricing you tard. Makes the buying process easier.

They're fine but I wouldn't trust the CVT automatic cars. NO ONE has been able to have any success with a non-hybrid CVT car in terms of reliability. Get the 6 speed manual.

>It's just not fun to drive. You could be better off with the new Civics, if you want reliability paired with fun.
so swap out the shocks for a set of TRD shocks meant for the Scion tC. They bolt right on and you're still thousands ahead of a similarly equipped Civic.

I work for a fucking Toyota dealers. Everyone in my area is selling them for at least $1,000 back of invoice. We are allowed now. Also in our market we can't advertise Toyota prices below invoice but we can on Scion.

Personally, I like cars that have the option for a bigger engine because you can get the smaller engine and have dat engine space. My I4 has a V6 option so now I have all dis room for wrenchs and shit but I also have no speed. Handles well tho.

Not a bad car. I would at least test drive a Honda Fit though.

why do you think your above a corolla

a majority of the people on this planet arnt wrong in choosing the corolla

You could get a Fiesta ST for that price. :)

>New Fiesta ST
>18k
no You can't

yes you can.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=85737&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&showcaseListingId=412023141&trim1=FIESTA|ST&mmt=[FORD[FIESTA[FIESTA%7CST]][]]&modelCode1=FIESTA&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2014&makeCode1=FORD&showcaseOwnerId=73009&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=0&listingId=421811495&Log=0

Edmunds.com says it doesn't compare well to the competition. It'll be long-lasting, but you can get cars that last and are nicer to drive and own.

I'd look at the Mazda3 first - the automatic transmission, in particular, should last longer than the Toyota's CVT. And if you want a manual, Mazda's better at those too.

The Civic is better in some ways (quieter, for one) but Honda's reliability has been shaky lately - mostly due to its automatic and CVT transmissions.

It's a shitty angry modern car. Shut up and buy a civic for 3k because that's essentially what you're buying for 18k. You could get a much nicer used car for that much money.

What the fuck? Why so cheap?

Base models have pretty much always been going for 18k-19k if you looked in the right spots.