You can only post in this thread if you have a manual transmission. All speeds welcome. Slushamatics get out

You can only post in this thread if you have a manual transmission. All speeds welcome. Slushamatics get out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDzv9qMIo44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

posting, but why
most people drive manual here, it's not some kind of exclusive club

What about dual clutch transmission?

Auto just disconnects you from the road man.

Busriding Americans think a manual gearbox is a mystical key to being a good driver.

In the States it is

It has synchros so that's ok.

10 Speed Automatic Master
Race

Nope. Which vw is that?

Nothing like riding my clutch through Dallas traffic every morning.

An automatic would just take something from the experience, y'know?

That face people make when you don't close the gap in traffic cuz you don't want to wear out the clutch.

my bike has manul

In the rare occasion I'm in an automatic I've accidentally hit the brake with my left foot =/

guilty done that so many times

Unless space leading up to me is somehow running out l don't give a shit. I also cruise into stoplights in neutral with similar ideology.

People are so shitty to their brakes and clutches

Some of us didnt want a base model taco bro.

git gud

Golf GTI Edition 30

Im so fucking tired of the traffic in the dfw area.

also manual fag reporting in

no electric steering does.
only master race manual steering connects you to the road

Ni there brother.

bosting as amis faggot

today repaired car a lot

>Try to turn on the engine
>Press an invisible pedal because there is no clutch
>Freak out a little when the car starts moving by itself.

Shit is weird men.

you didn't happen to have it painted the other week did you?

I like the LEDs, I want to do something similar. Its hard to get a picture inside without sitting in it.

Hi-i

Afraid not

>no electric steering does.
That's because you've driven shit electric steering setups like the ones in new BMWs (340i, etc.). There are a couple decent ones (still not as good as hydraulic but getting close) like the IS350 F-Sport.

get out
are you serious to think those compare with manual?

unsyncronised trnnyy here

TY m8

I'm still working on the interior, but I think I'll keep the LEDs

*tranny

do you like it?
does the interior smell strange like an old car

This I like. Is 4th maximum overdrive

i'm in love with it yo.

hell yeah it does. almost impossible to get it out

5speed fag reporting in

are you just going to keep driving it as is? or fix it up a little

No. If it doesn't have a clutch pedal/has a PRNDL it's not a manual. No exceptions. Flappy paddles are shit in mass produced cars and you know it.

Just crawl along in first. Any modern-ish fuel injected car will keep itself from stalling and creep at around 1 mph if you let off all 3 pedals.

I'm not sure of the ratio, probably 1:1, but I feel like I have such high gearing since I turn higher RPMs than I'd like at 75 mph.

Very nice

boi I got a 6 speed miat

it's gonna be a complete restoration if it wants to be driven again in europe..

is that in your plans? sounds expensive

Swap the drivetrain with a Fiat 123 engine and transmission.

yeah, not that expensive tough if i do it myself. prob around 4000€ to get it all done i'm guessing.

>that shifter boot
You drive a FERD

its fucking clean for a ford.

Got a 5spd eacape here, no pics though :(

What if it doesn't have synchros?

what am I looking at

sounds fun but gonna keep it original. as doing that sort of stuff is expensive and makes the car impossible to get it ensured. and i like side-valve engines so yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=rDzv9qMIo44

10spd

Then keep it in granddady low

Have you ever driven a DSG/DCT?

>No. If it doesn't have a clutch pedal/has a PRNDL then mah semantics
I'm more concerned with mechanical operation and function and how that relates to the way drive is transmitted to the wheels as opposed to arbitrary clutch operation and shift pattern.

Hondafag reporting in

Danger Ranger 4 Cylinder 4 Speed with OD

Is that vent speed sensor necessary.

>Smoking
>Smoking in your vehicle
Do you own your own vehicle or do you pretty much just live in your truck year-round?

It's the only tachometer in the car actually

I'm actually only in the truck a couple hours a day. I'm not a trucker, I just drive trucks sometimes.

ZF S542 here

This, every time.

If you fuck that car up with a bunch of shitty vaping millenial flat-bill youtube-subscribing gay furry illest homoshit LEDs, I will find you and literally shit on you.

Great ride
Decent Truck to

Ehh, not so sure about the truck but right with you on the other one. I would love a real country girl, not one of those tryhard pink Realtree bumper sticker ones though.

A thread I can contribute in.

I've changed the gear knob since this picture was taken.

Wow, did your autism trigger, what the shit? Indirect accent lighting is the shit in any car, you dry pussy.

Shit

>trump drives a automatic
0/10 confirmed fraud

>DEJA VU

Canoe material & glue reporting in

any more?

Nah all I have ever seen are the 2, and somebody who lurks here used to post them.

Great now I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to do a gif edit

Nah, I'd do it right. It would only be for accenting. I probably wouldn't have them on much while I drive. Just to show off. I want to get multicolored strips that are programmable, and set up an arduino to have different modes.

On one hand it has clutches instead of a torque converter.
On the other hand, you aren't manually shifting

Checked.
>backing out my mom's fuckhuge automatic Cadillac Escalade
>riding the brake and the gas at the same time until halfway out of the driveway when I realize I'm a retard

Thank you so much, mate.

Bmw homo posting

Bmw is better in automatic

FFFFFUCK, I did this when moving my dad's old Concord. I was like... this is right, right? Man fuck autotragic, that shit is so unsatisfying to drive. My feet and hands get so restless.

wut car

Some TVR

I've never seen this interior before. What is it, user?

>drive auto big rig
But
>have Manuel dd

I don't know how it ended up like this.

what's a dd?

i didnt know they made those in auto. neat
honestly, i think i'd prefer that setup, i'm a courier and i spend a lot of time sitting in traffic. fuck having a manual in traffic

Automatics have been taking over a lot of fleets. And they have been really common in medium-duty trucks for years.

All of our straight trucks have 5spd or 6spd autos, pretty much all of the single-axle tractors that are used on bay trucks and pup trailers are 5spd-6spd autos, and the newer half of the 2-axle tractors that pull the 48' and 53' dry van trailers have 10spd autos. It was all about reliability in the past but they have gotten better I guess. And the DEF systems on newer trucks will fuck the trucks up before the automatic trans anyway so whatever.

They are all technically automated manuals though, where the internals are like a manual transmission but shifted by a computer so they drive a little different than cars. You can still select gears with the buttons if you want, but sometimes it is nice to have the 10spd or 13spd manuél when you're towing a lot of weight. Especially through hills. And 18spd if you're a supertrucker.

Pic related shows the buttons for the auto trans on the right.

why haven't they gotten systems to actually work, def egr and all sorts of cancer should be worked out.

5 speed focus zx3 2003
not a pic of the interior of mine but it's exactly this

the interior is HIT, smelled like wet dog and sweaty prepubescent athletics funk

I have no idea. They talk about it in the truckerfag threads saying that these companies knew the regulations were coming for years but did nothing to prepare. And when the law was finally passed, they just slapped some shit together. The beauty of those trucks is that up until the late 00's, the drivetrains were really simple compared to cars of the same era and after that there are so many more wires and bullshit in there. Pic related is pre-emissions C7.

The DEF system is one thing, but the DPF systems that lighter Internationals use (other companies may use something similar) is fucking awful. That's the one that is supposed to do regens while you cruise at highway speeds but they get fucked up in a bunch of different ways.

The KW I drive is pre-emissions and I'm happy with it. We have a bunch of newer Internationals and I don't even like dealing with them. They are the newest trucks in the fleet but are in the shop more than anything else and it is never an easy fix. The fleet mechanics are always sitting there with a laptop hooked up to it for days and just get pissed off and eventually send it back to the dealer.

interesting. just goes to show i don't know shit about big rigs.

sounds like an auto with some kind of gated sport shift for better control over the lower range might help. but that might introduce more problems than it solves

Pic related is post-emissions N7

>vape nation

Ehh, the lower range isn't even where you want as much control over gears. Other than wanting to skip 1st and 2nd (and maybe 3rd) when you aren't load very heavy or are stopped on a downhill. In a 10spd transmisson, The low gears are really short, 5th gear is only good for like 10mph.

It's when you are on hills at higher speeds and want to be able to downshift for power uphill or engine braking downhill that you really want the ability to shift gears without a computer between you and the transmission. When you are going downhill with a loaded trailer, that fucker will gain speed really, really fast. And between the drum brakes overheating and the fact that you have a limited supply of air, you need control of the gear you are in for dat engine braking.

Daily driver as in your car