Is the AW11 the purest driving experience for its money?

Is the AW11 the purest driving experience for its money?

Yeah probably. It's cheaper than a miata, there aren't really any good drivers cars in that price range (2-5k) besides the miata and mr2

>purest driving experience

*tips fedora*

its just an 80s shitbox

What a beautiful car, fur real that car is fucking flawless aesthetically.

At least its not FF

Civic has a better chassis more aftermarket and can be easily faster

MR2 is a meme shitbox

theres a difference

psa: don't give cummy any (you)s

but is it a purer driving experience?

meaningless phrases mean nothing

>that's a nice car

>GUYS DON'T REPLY TO THE SHITPOSTER
Literally what???

good job you passed the test

Who cares about being faster, it's all about fun and mr2 is if nothing else cooler to look at and sit in.

> pure
> shit nvh quality
> shit interior
> shit handling (fuck skid pad numbers and track times, on the touge you need to stay in your fucking lane)
> shit acceleration for such a small sports shitbox

It's pure shit

fun is a buzzword its meaningless

and no

the MR2 is shit in about everyway when it comes to looks and quality.

its an 80s shitbox so you plebs think its cool

Purest driving experience;

No power steering,sound proofing,radio, automatic transmission.

Enough power to push the limits of the chassis

A driver who knows how to push those limits and not die and always pushes the limits until he does die.

Dying in a fireball after pushing those limits is the ultimate death of a race-car driver, who wants to die in bed an old man?

>shit handling
no

> in decreasing radius turn
> let off gas to slow down
> "Hey, how did I end up upside down and dread? "

>fun is a buzzword its meaningless

Jesus man, every classic philosopher would just throw himself into abyss after hearing this.

>this will trigger hondafags

fun means nothing

its what you say when you cant think of any reason something is good

"oh man this car is good

"why?"

"its fun to drive!"

"..."

ANY car can be fun to drive its a stupid way to defend anything

and that makes less horsepower than a 1.6L Naturally aspirated Honda engine lel

>sound proofing,radio, automatic transmission

This bait isn't very fresh.

>has never driven one
Dont speak again without knowledge.

its not a special car no matter how much you pretend

its a low tier poorfag sports car

its barely a step up from a Miata

Literally every car is fun to drive

I hate everytime someone posts a thread about a aw11 or any other car for that matter it doesnt take long before shitposting shitstorm. Like always shitting on every car and being so close minded it hurts. Most people who say a car is good or bad in 90% scenario have never even driven it or sat in it, its sad.

This.
Ive had 2 civics, 2 miatas and 4 mr2s
The MR2s are far more fun

thats my point

any one who uses fun to say why a car is better is grade a retarded

>ANY car can be fun to drive

try having fun driving a kia sportage (pic related), two litter engine, poor excuse of an SUV.

Im sure I could

as could anyone with a smidgen of driving talent

now im sure you have never driven one

>Sound proofing/Radio
One must experience the full range of noise the vehicle makes

>Automatic Transmission
One must be connected at all times to the vehicle.

and Im sure you just dont know how to drive

maybe if you're poor

>mr2
>shitbox

Here's an 80's shitbox. I guarantee no one here thinks it's cool purely because it's a shitbox, especially the diesel one.

> willingly speaking from ignorance

by pushing your car hard without knowledge of the road

> i expect my car to fix my mistakes for me

why don't you go get a tesla and let it drive for you?
fuken idiot

what if, get this, it's actually MORE FUN to drive

OP here

For the poor faggots claiming that "hurr durr every car is fun", you haven't understood the essence that is a sports car.

A sports car isn't necessary a race car or a fast car, it's a drivers' car. An expression and a life style.

Fyi the car I'm driving right now is a Nissan Skyline R34 25GT-t. 280 PS that would slap every other car mentioned here. If you don't believe me, I can time stamp anytime.

But I got bored of it. It's kinda heavy, too quiet, too luxurious, too spacious, too fast to be fun.

Later I bought an NA MX5 as a second car and miraculously haven't missed a single bhp. I felt something that I've never felt in the Skyline, or atleast not to that extent. I felt alive, really. Never craved the road as much as in the Miata.

That was the moment when I realised I was looking for more purist cars. Power is nothing, driving is everything. And with that equation, I figured that the MR2 should be the best thing I could go for.

I would even import a supercharged model since I'm a Europoor and we never got thosem which would have me pay preddy much the same as for my Skyline, so it's not a money thing.

PS: I also had a 60 bhp Suzuki Wagon econobox for some time before the MX5 and I died a little inside everytime I stepped inside to just have a drive. So yes, some cars are more fun than others.

just fuck off man

Just leave the thread you fucking nigger go drive your hyundai or whatever

why are you being such an asshole
you really are a skyline driver huh

Why am I being an asshole and what does it have to do with my car?

I asked a legit question. It's my pov that some cars are more enjoyable to drive than others and if you disagree or don't like the MR2, feel free to not pay attention to my thread, asshole

You're an asshole dude
hostile for no reason
unable to see reason or change opinion

just more drivetrain shitposting
good job

where did this even come from.. its good insight, some cars are just more fun to drive, even without the stats.

> tells op to 'just fuck off man'
> gets told to leave the thread
>"aww man quit being so hostile :^("

Don't worry, I won't waste my time any longer with you.

It's just another FWD LOSER
WHY DONT THEY DIE
Veeky Forums should make you prove you have a non FWD car to post

"hostile for no reason"
"just fuck off man"

the fuck is wrong with u

hes comparing a skyline (AWD) to a miata (RWD).. where do you get off thinking i drive a FWD..

I'm not talking about you

I bought one for $700 and I raced it on the local mountain 5 days a week for a month before it gave out and it easily was worth it every dollar. Especially I have a spare 4age sitting in my yard waiting to be put in a ae86 sr5

The 25GT-t (or GT-T) is rwd

Please just leave, I want this to be about cars, not about you and your borderline autism

How was it? Was the weight distribution ever a problem on the twists? Would you take it over a equally powerfull Miata?

>hostile for no reason
just fuck off man

Whats your problem?

As long a you have good tires and brakes you can rely on the weight never felt off. As long as you shot for the best line and just focused on that instead of trying to ever drift it I would say the weight is perfect. I would absolutely take it over a Miata, the mid engine placement and just style of them is 100x times better in my opinion.
>pic related, here is sits waiting for something to be done with it

I think you just realized youre homo

I think thats fair

>for its money
irrelevant due to Arbitrage

Pls explain

buying where the car is common
selling when the car is rare

something desirable is only cheep when the seller does not know what they have

I would say yes and here's why.

You have a high revving naturally displaced engine with a not perfect but clean manual gearbox. You have a very balanced mid-engined vehicle that rotates upon both braking and throttle. You have a throttle that is literally by wire, a physical metal wire that pulls the AFM and throttle. The steering is 100% manual and you can feel every single bump in the road, but not in the way it is harsh. The seats actually have good bolstering and keep you in. The brakes are very tight stock and brake very hard, although there is no ABS.

It's a blast to drive and rev out and a Miata just isn't quite the same.

Ohyesohyes I'm feeling more secure about buying one thanks guys

My friend has an 84 mr2.

I have a 91 Miata that I turboed.

Ive driven both extensively and the Miata outperforms the mr2 in every way, especially reliability, easy to work on, and cheap parts.

The mr2 however has acquired the specialt snowflake status that some people need.

You gotta understand what you want before you get a car.

The MR2 isn't fast. It's a driving experience. It teaches you what you should and shouldn't do. It teaches you how to turn, when to put on power, when to brake. Driving a MR2 is very engaging. The 4AGE is a high rpm engine. I find myself cruising in my MR2 at around 3500 -4000 consistently. The high RPM limit, makes the car extremely fun to drive. The Vehicle has fairly tall gearing (90mph in 3rd gear), but banging through the gears is still a very common occurrence. to make any usable power, keeping the revs up is paramount.. Heel-toeing is a must skill in this car.

The car definitely has a personality of it's own. The best way to describe it is like the 16 year old that's done too much cocaine at a highschool, party, only to later engage that night in an affair with her boyfriends dad, and then when he tries to end it report him to police for raping her.

That's a MR2. It craves your attention. It wants you to beat the piss out of it. It loves it. But the second you neglect it, it'll have no problem shoving that well placed dildo, glued to the side of a telephone pole straight through your door, and right down your throat.

The problem with the MR2, is it's like a good drug. The people that can't keep, are discarded. And the people that can keep, only want more. Want more power, more fear.

The car isn't fast. It's an experience.

My MR2 is stock NA car. I have a modified 90 Accord with Suspension and brake upgrades. The Accord is significantly faster, more forgiving, easier to drive, but the MR2 is more fun.

>all this autism in the comments section

and you're saying FWD cant do any of this it cant be fun it cant teach the driver its terrible?

You don't get me. My Skyline outperforms an MR2 too but that's not what I look for in cars, otherwise I might aswell could've bought myself an E39 M5 or something

That's exactly what I imagine the MR2 to be. It's exactly what I'm missing in my Nissan and the reason I'm looking into MR2s. Thanks alot!

So you agree? FWD is inferior?

Miata vs MR2 is an appropriate comparison.

The MR2 is not more fun, it's just more special. Which is cool.

Honestly I love both cars to death but the complexity and weight of the AW11 sways me to the Miata.

are you blind or just retarded? The sw20 is obejectively better.

Pick your poison. What do you like to do?

Are you a adrenaline junkie?
or do you like the technical driving experience?

If you're an adrenaline junkie, go for speed, if you like the difficult driving experience, go for a technical car.

Every car is different. Every car is fun in it's own way. Cruising in a old barge is great, stabbing the throttle and hearing a big block come to life, the torque throwing you back.

Keeping the momentum, managing body roll, managing brake fade.

Every engine has it's own feel. Every Chassis has a different way it reacts. The Suspension, bushing wear. Me and my friend has the exact same car, and personality difference between them was black and white.

Every car is different. FWD, is fun, RWD is fun, MR is fun, RR is fun, RF is fun.

It's not about inferiority. Enjoying cars, is about enjoying life.

That color.

Those GTR wheels.

Fug

have you driven anything other then your civic? also what year? theyre not all trash... kinda

fight the hate

what fo you drive?

What if I dont enjoy life
i want to enjoy life through car
and I have shitty fwd...
what fucking hate? your car is universally loved. you know nothing of hate. go fuck yourself

This is fucking glorious. I genuinely hope you believe this user, you would be such a riot at car meets. Some people would be gushing over an FC RX7 that just pulled in and you would say "w-well any car can be fun, so fuck that shitbox! R-Right guys??" Car people would fucking hate you. You sound like an appliance salesman. All function. Get off of my fun board you fucking German.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Thats not what he said at all benchracer

Enjoy the experience of having to search for parts

>on the touge you need to stay in your fucking lane
t.gutless weenie

other Civics
FC RX7
Probe GT
535i
S10
Highlander
Camaro
El Camino

shit I could keep going man

FC is the worst RX7 so yeah I would be like that

only retarded car people would hate me since anyone with any sense would realize any car can be fun

not my fault most car people have some kind of mental issue

im not sure you want to side with the majority of car people user

>Power is nothing, driving is everything. And with that equation, I figured that the MR2 should be the best thing I could go for.
Yeah driving straight into a tree after you oversteer in your poorfag shitbox on poorfag tires

>obejectively
Consider suicide

>Because sticky tires on a AW11 are expensive.

Nigga it's a corolla with the engine in the back, that uses the exact same suspension of a AE86.

Implying anything is expensive. I bought a set of good tires for ~$300 for all for. Chump change.

The 3 most expensive things you'll ever need to replace on these cars, the AFM, and TPS.

And lets be clear. Those are 80s mechanical to digital potentimeters. If you want cheap, hit up DIYPNP, throw a megasquirt sensor in it, and convert your bullshit to GM. stuff.

The MR2 is an absolute bitch to work on. My friend across the street has one. Driven it a few times. The manual steering feels great for driving in the countryside, it's a fucker when trying to park.
The car has next to no space for luggage or people.
It has appropriate power for its chassis. Not too much, not too little. Just so. I love the interior. It's everything I love about the eighties.
It's a driver's car. It's built for driving pleasure. It's a car that isn't very good in a city environment. When in the countryside, it's pure bliss. It demands respect when driven quickly. It's not an AWD front-heavy ABS + TCS + power steering carebear. It's as hardcore as is humanly bearable in the real world, i.e. it's not a race car granted, but you can't treat it like your Subaru WRX. It demands respect, it demands humility, it demands that you put aside your driving ego and re-learn what it is to DRIVE a car.

You (OP) consider a car you've never driven before to be the purest driving experience just because it's got a rear engine and the suspension of an 80's econobox?

Define a "pure driving experience"

>Nigga it's a corolla with the engine in the back, that uses the exact same suspension of a AE86
Not even close

Nigger if I can afford running a '98 Skyline Turbo don't you think I can afford a good set of tires?

>FC is the worst RX7

Doesn't it have the same engine + transaxle as a Corolla? Just literally flipped round and planted midship.

Not that guy btw.

I think you spent all your neetbux on the skyline and didn't have any money left for mods after you """restored""" a beat to shit skyline. I'm sure it runs OP, just barely.

The stress lays on the word "consider", hence why I'm asking if any owners can confirm

It's really difficult to define, it's not something you can point your finger at. Let me put it that way; I wanna feel the car communicating with me. I want to be having to constantly read what it tries to tell me when driving on curvy roads or something. I don't feel that in the Skyline, I hope you know what I mean

it is tho

the pigfat and bland styling easily does it in

>It's really difficult to define, it's not something you can point your finger at. Let me put it that way; I wanna feel the car communicating with me. I want to be having to constantly read what it tries to tell me when driving on curvy roads or something. I don't feel that in the Skyline, I hope you know what I mean
I feel this in my 2002 civic si ep3. I don't look at my gauges to shift or any of that stuff
>inb4 "b-b-b-but Veeky Forums said FF isn't a real driving experience!"

I work as a consultant at Deutsche Bank and the car is mechanically in mint condition. I'm more of a purist hence why I'm importing an sc model instead of buying a domestic LHD version and supercharge it. I like my cars stock

Sorry for your penis tho, bro

>2400lbs is pigfat
>subjective look
Yeah youre retarded.

No it does not have a 4afe.