/ddt/ DAILY DATSUN THREAD: Holy Fuck Overtime is Killing Me

>Datsun or early to mid 80's Nii-San

>Datsun questions and answers

>Datsun photos and videos

>Datsun stories and CL finds

I have worked back to back 12 hour shifts for the last week and a half; consciousness hates me.

POST DATSUNS

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/DUAL-CORE-2-ROW-COOLING-RADIATOR-2-X10-BLACK-FAN-FITS-70-75-DATSUN-240-260-Z-/391506567465?hash=item5b279c2129:g:AS0AAOSwyKxXht4O&vxp=mtr
sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/5682264590.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cwU0FC1-Dv4
rhdjapan.com/kameari-carbon-aluminum-strut-tower-bar-front-s30.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finally got the L28 swap completed, though I had to rip the 5spd back out. Partial rebuild wasn't enough to save that box of rocks

sorry to hear that, are you going to go all the way through it and replace the gears / syncros?

Ive been waiting for this thread for a couple days, always nice to have a place to shoot the shit with rust bucket owners.

So I finished painting the L26 block, and have a rock-auto shopping cart full of shit waiting to be ordered.
I measured the crank bearings and it seems to be within spec. Although something I'm confused about is that i only used plastic gauge on one side of the bearing, where the cap is, does it also get the measurement for both sides? or do i have to redo all of it >.> ; the spec is 0.02-0.078, most of them were around 0.04mm. which is cool by me... but whats another 30 bucks if its gonna last longer.

How do you guys feel about eBay radiators + electrical fans?
ebay.com/itm/DUAL-CORE-2-ROW-COOLING-RADIATOR-2-X10-BLACK-FAN-FITS-70-75-DATSUN-240-260-Z-/391506567465?hash=item5b279c2129:g:AS0AAOSwyKxXht4O&vxp=mtr
is what I'm currently looking at, does not seem that bad of a setup.

Replace the bearing. Seriously. Why not, then you don't have to worry about it later.

As for the radiator.... ehhhh.... I'd do more research, but I'm not saying no.

yeeee, ill just get a standard yet, like we were talking about in the last post, i don't think the issue is going to be the bottom end, i really thing that its valve seating issue.

yeah, i have the window open its $145 shipped to my place, not bad for the price imo....

I guess I also chipped the harmonic balancer, but there is a 260 2+2 out in Modesto currently that i pulled one from. Had to use an exhaust from another car as a cheater bar, small shit like that cracks me up.

The tailshaft housing is trash and 3rd barely exists, I'm not sure it's worth trying to save when I can get more easily. I only paid $20 for it

$20 bucks damn dude, is it a F4W71B? I personally want to get a F4W71C, but i don't imagine it to be too difficult to rebuild, just smelly.

>That pic
Hnnnng

Close to what mine looked like when I bought it

yeah, it was a CL listing photo I saved

260z resto guy here...

New Sparco R100s for the 260z. I also have an oil cooler to install this weekend, should be pretty slick! Looking to another track day soon, this time I will have gopro footage.

Where in the country are you 260z guy? Sometime I'd like to get a /ddt/ cruise together but I'm pretty sure none of us are anywhere near each other

I'm in colorado, longmont area specifically. There is a cruise for a datsun meet in castle rock this saturday, but I'll be busy installing my seats.

That's actually not too bad really, you're about 8 hours from me.

Those look like some nice seats, how's the fitment in the car?

If someone wants a clean slate here in California, boy do I have a deal for you: sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/5682264590.html

I'll install them Saturday, but others have reported plenty of headspace and good clearance using the stock seat rails.

>They don't build em like this anymore

*sigh*
What is it going to take to get a kit car version of the S30? I'm sure they'd sell well!

Just picked up this signed poster with an r200 rear end and sine misc parts

The moment you go to the state fair and find this in the parking lot.

Ha fro do house work, and have an exam tuesday, progress has halted,
L24 any opinion on the radiator? You can tell me if I'm being a lil bitch boy and just order it >.>

to be honest after some research, I'd probably skull fuck the owner of the company that makes those aluminum radiators than buy one.

The ebay radiators are made in just one or two factories in china, and they're shit. Complete shit.

After a little bit of research, it seems that a common swap is the four core Camaro radiator to be swapped in; they're about $130 new for good ones, and they won't be shit. Fab up some mounts and find a universal electric fan (or a junkyard camaro fan or something), and you'll be golden and in MUCH better shape than with ebay bullshit

Anyone got any ideas on getting a stuck full plug out of it's hole? Drilled a hole as big around as my thumb and it still won't move. Put a pair of visegrips on it and beat them with a hammer, no dice.

Next plan is getting a universal plug and see if it can dig some threads in it. If that doesn't work I'm heating it up with a torch and dropping it in a bucket of ice water.

Are you talking about the fill plug on the rear diff?

Have you considered just purchasing a new fill cover and replacing the whole unit? Might be cheaper in the long run (and save you some grief)

If I was local I'd offer to weld a section of rebar to the nut sideways, then slipping a long piece of pipe over the rebar so the leverage could be used to break it free. Leverage is your frieeeend

Yeah, it's the diff. We tried to weld a piece of metal, no dice. I'm gonna give those last two a try before I buy another one though.

The S2000 was t-boned guys.

dude I'm sorry to hear that, it looks pretty bad, hopefully it can be repaired :(
ugh ;( i was about to order one too.

>glass isn't broken
bah gawd

260z resto guy here...

So I got the new seats in and my god its glorious. I had a chance to strip the carpeting out and clean everything from top to bottom and the results speak for themselves. It's like a new interior and the ride/feel of the seats is way beyond what I was hoping for. R100s seem to be a good fit for this car!

that sucks, I'm sorry man :(

I gotta ask now though... F20C swap?

youtube.com/watch?v=cwU0FC1-Dv4

...You ever think of selling it?

Nope, I will keep this car till the day I die, then my children will have it. S30's are my dream car.

Also my eventual goal for the car is for it to evolve into this. When I have it stripped, I decided on doing racing colors instead of keeping it burnt copper. Good idea? I hope so.

your children will probably sell it when you die

Probably :(

Ungrateful little shits, with their vidja games and new age music.

>Nope, I will keep this car till the day I die, then my children will have it
>children will have it

Yeah nah. I'm going to be buried in mine. Spoiled little shits can get their own.

Racecar it up zombie style dude.

don't feel sad, once they grow up you'll feel like you don't have children anymore so you'll be back as it was before, kinda

wow dude that interior looks j00cy, where did you get the trans tunnel cover, lets see the over all car as well :)

yeah these old cars are literally coffins, would be easier to leave you in there than to pull you out of it.

I'll fall brought the floor before anything

>I'm going to be burned in mine.
fixed it for you mayne

>BRE race scheme

all of my yes

It's just the stock 260z center console, just brand new. I like it, especially when there are no cracks!

Here is the outside, right before I installed the seats.

The BRE is my fav, there is a blue version on top instead of the red, I'm torn between the two schemes.

You should get a 240z grille/bumper, that'd look fucking dapper m8.

Theres no frame damage, so its going to get fixed after the Z. But I need a car now so I'm looking at a cressida

right, i like the thin bumpers.

I bid 160 for a 3core rad + fans + sheathing.... we shall see what happens.

thats a relief. i like s2k's they nice cars.

Did you get a 3 core champion radiator? If so thats what I run on the 260z, it did very well on the track on a 99F day.

Are the Kameari strut tower braces any good? rhdjapan.com/kameari-carbon-aluminum-strut-tower-bar-front-s30.html

the guy declined my bid, maybe ill go with a champion 2 row, its like 140, although no fans

better yet: buy the other one for the asking price, assuming it isn't ass raping level