Inherited Car

My dad left me his car before he died and I want to use it, but apparently he used to race with it and it has a nitrous and I was wondering how to remove it. Its a talon from '97 but it isn't the picture.

Also I don't know much about cars so if you can give me the basics about it that be cool.

>remove it
Why?

Mostly cause my mom thinks I'm gonna crash it, which is understandable since I'm barley learning to drive stick after getting my license.

Just don't push the button. Chances are the tank is empty anyway. I'm sure your dad's old garage would check it for you.

Pretty much this Unless there is some crazy tune on it, the thing should drive normal unless you fill the tank up and hit the button.

Thanks man, my dad did work for a auto repair shop and I know a few of his buddies, I'll see if they could look at it, also my mom wants to put a governor on the car, because supposedly this car can break 200 mph, how much would it cost.

Tell her you're an adult who can control himself.
Or leave because this malaysian tranny forum is for adults.

Tell her it actually can't (make up some technobabble about aerodynamics and body lift) and that you are a responsible driver.

Having that much power will teach you very well. Be careful and take care of that machine.

bread on hood or troll

Would cost too much.

Herrrreeeeee weeeee goooooo

how about you try to break his record

Bread on the hood of a Talon wouldn't be that hard to come by although I would be interested to see some decent pics of the engine which could tell us a lot.

Car is new enough that's something that would be done through software. Talk to the guys at the garage to see if anybody knows where the "tune" that's on it now came from to start with. If you got it reflashed with a factory tune it would most likely drive more or less like a factory car although he may have regeared it or/and straight piped the exhaust which would cause check engine lights to come on with a stock tune. It would be a shame to lose his tune, too so you should either figure out who tuned it and go to them to see what it would cost to make a copy and detune it temporarily or another possible option is to buy a stock ECU out of an unmodified one and physically swap them until you're ready to handle it like your daddy did. That should work on a 97 although I honestly know nothing about Talons specifically.

dude tell your mom to shut the fuck up about she knows nothing about

jesus christ she is gonna cuck the shit out of you and anyone and everyone around here put a stop to that shit now

Pls tell me it's an awd tsi.

It's extremely unlikely to be able to do 200 mph. Even if it had enough power, you'd need special tires that probably don't come in its wheel size and the aero would be dangerously bad - you'd spin out long before (normal cars tend to generate a lot of lift at speed, especially over the rear wheels). It's not that easy to install a governor anyway. Someone has to have programmed one for that model car. Maybe you can have your dad's buddies just say they did it...

And it's ultimately up to the driver. I was a reckless idiot so I regularly maxed out an 82hp Toyota Tercel (109 mph with a strong tailwind!) and did other stupid things. Put a governor on it and I'd still have been taking turns way too quickly.

Any car that hit freeway speeds can be driven dangerously. A car that can't will be dangerous for other reasons; you'll get creamed when merging onto a highway.

If it's tuned, it'll probably want premium fuel. Don't cheap out on that or oil changes.

keep it and race your dad's legacy

If it's a Talon TSi then don't even drive it. Sell it to me.

don't cuck your dads car wtf