Wat do Veeky Forums?

Wat do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5293868/youre-doing-it-wrong-painted-rotors-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Drive

Drive, gently apply brakes.

Ok, thanks. Had my car parked outside all week and haven't driven it. It's rained and iced up.

sell your car to someone who appreciates and drives it

I do drive it a lot, and appreciate it. I'm on duty at work so I drive work vehicles on tax payer gas all week.

wow drive more

See It's usually parked in the garage at home

Apply WD-40 that ge the rust off.

Lubricant and solvent on brakes. Ok bro

Do this OP. The pads will rub off the rust.

Does rust abrade the pads a lot more? Should he try to remove as much of the rust as possible with a small wire brush and lubricant (then wipe the lubricant off or else brakes too slippy)?

drive while holding the brakes lightly, just enough to feel resistance whiled riving

>Does rust abrade the pads a lot more?
who cares? they are easy to replace and last years.

No. Just brake. REALLY brake. Get up to speed and step right in there. A few times is sufficient.

I can't believe we have posters who drive STI's who don't already know rotors rust and will rub off when you break.

Holy shit. This has to be b8.

I can't believe you don't know how to spell "brake" on an automotive board

I suggest you visit your doctor, ask him to remove the gay inside of you, he'll probably write you a prescription for a nice new set of rims and that should fix the issue

In the local subaru club one of our more stupid jdm kid members wire wheeled all his rotors to get the rust off. Then he PAINTED them orange to stop them from rusting over again before he got a chance to drive the car.

Nope
Its such a thin, thin layer of minimal oxidation and does pretty much nothing at all. Just brake and its gone at once

>Drive, gently
>Drive
>gently

WHUT

That's how you're supposed to apply rotor paint. It scrapes/burns off when you brake and leaves everywhere but the contact surface painted.

change the brake oil

Except rotors will get in excess of 800F just driving about.

Is there anything bad that comes from rusted rotor hubs?
I think there shouldn't but they look shitty and make me mad.

Yeah, but this is the final result.

jalopnik.com/5293868/youre-doing-it-wrong-painted-rotors-edition/

It's not like English is everyone's first language or anything