Can less powerful FWD cars defeat more powerful RWD cars in a race?

can less powerful FWD cars defeat more powerful RWD cars in a race?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vu-Mq8N37UU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

why

depends on the cars and the course

No

Because of physics.

This

This is exactly what togue races like in Initial D are about, racing downhill through winding mountain roads is the ideal environment for light cars.

>youtube.com/watch?v=vu-Mq8N37UU
Depends on the course and driver,
But typically no.

If you're only taking power into question and not weight then Yes, a less powerful FWD car can beat a more powerful much heavier RWD around a pretty tight track (see touge)

A FWD car that's less powerful and weighs around 300-500 lbs within its RWD rival and their both racing on pretty open tracks then No, unless the RWD car in question is old (see: C5 vs 2015 Civic Type R)

What if my FWD car isn't light

then why did you buy it

it was the sportiest thing i could buy

what do you drive corey?

I'm not Corey

sure weight is a factor as well as track configuration

Well if we're talking about a HD pickup vs a Civic Type R, the Honda obviously wins, but in most cases I don't see how this is a dilemma.

Okay fuck all these faggots. Its and absolute possibility. And i hate fwd cars. Things like getting the power to the ground, driver ability, terrain, weather...all sorts of things come into affect. No one platform is superior to another. They all have pros and cons.

all else equal, nope.
even if they had the same power, still no.

The only way you'll beat a lighter, more powerful rwd car is if he fucks up in a corner. fwd is more forgiving when being driven close to its limit.

thats not fair

If the driver of the RWD car can't drive for shit, sure.

Good driver > good car

Wrong

Show me on the doll where the Geo Metro touched you, Billy-Bob.

I can't stop looking....

I mean, normally when you see people this fat, they are old and wrinkley. It's strange seeing somebody who could look ok if they lost 300lbs.

It's gross, yet I can't look away.

average FWD drivers wife
guaranteed to already have a black child