Good Veeky Forums feels

Name one thing more comfy than beginning a long solo road trip alone at 5AM before the sun comes up, you got a full thermos of coffee, a case of water, a cooler full of food, a full tank of gas, and some kick ass music.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/url?q=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsx7In-Mx60&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjm_Ma7u_LNAhWEjpQKHdOjDI0QyCkIEDAA&sig2=k67COUpZmvIUEeQqTcR2Lw&usg=AFQjCNEo0x15emLvIPMfIDlrH7V6nYm5Gg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've never been on a real solo trip. What's a good destination coming from the Seattle area?

Redwood forest

I've always wanted to go to Crater Lake.

Coffee is rough for a long trip. Caffeine is good but having to piss every 20min blows. And you're missing cigs.

I love long road trips though. Whenever I go back to Chicago, I drive instead of fly mostly because I like the ~24hr drive by myself.

Sometimes I get a lil antsy the last ~4hrs coming back home though.

Traveling overnight through New England to the middle of Maine with your music and lost in your own thoughts on an empty highway that's pitch black. Max comfy.

>being a degenerate smoker
>having the bladder of an old man with an enlarged prostrate.
I want to visit that.

Depends if I'm eating. But if I'm just drinkin coffee on an empty stomach, it will go through me like beer.

And even if you aren't a smoker, grab a pack of Newports for those drives. Get a lil buzz to keep you going plus it's a stimulant. Nothin like a strong black coffee and menthol cig.

I'm a pipe tobacco man. I can keep one bowl going for an hour. Plus it tastes good.

Holy shit you're retarded.
>smoking nigger newports
>smoking in general

And stay out of /out/
At least turn your trip off

>5am
being in bed sleeping

if I carried all those things id have to put it in the back and that would upset my car because its FWD and also i've never had coffee but hate the concept and I'm not sure what I'd even put in a cooler full of food also a full tank of gas would shift my weight and make me way too heavy and what the fuck do I need with an entire case of water anyway? Also I removed my radio

and what am i doing out at 5 am thats when the traffic starts and cops start getting on the road

horse kack

it really is the best

especially that wide-open feeling in the beginning when you can cruise at 15 over the limit with no worries

bonus if it's chilly outside and you can crack the windows and get some of that cool winter air every so often

>Slept in the car overnight at a rest stop
>nights are brutally cold in the desert
>get out of your sleeping bag
>cold air rushes over your shoulders
>you put on your change of clothes
>fresh clothes are always cold when you're camping like this
>have a long drive ahead
>grab something quick to eat from the backseat and get going before the sun rises
>turn on the engine
>that all-too-familiar rumble reminds you again of the oddesy ahead
>engine gradually heats up
>the warmth of the car's heater fills the cabin
>today's gonna be nice

c'mon user

easy.

>own a german car
>turn key in the morning
>watch all the warning lights go out

*tips fedora*

Coffee, decaf, hot cholcate, whatever.

wow a whole 20 pound cooler makes such a different, wow a full tank of gas makes so much of a different wow i drive such a shitbox with a 40hp engine

It's nice knowing that you'll never run out of water.

Rush hour doesn't start until 7:30 or so in my area, and even then driving to areas with no traffic takes ten minutes. Not everywhere is as dense as LA.

It's still better than vaping.

I dont live in LA I just dont like the cops
>coffee
already gave opinion
>decaf
still coffee
>hot chocolate
why would I drink that
>weights
It does fucking matter and affect how much I enjoy my driving you piece of shit
>never run out of water
What? Why would you need a case?

Next time try spending more than $500 on a car, also you don't have to ruin the good vibes for everyone else.

well that's true I guess

youre missing about 10 grams worth of pre rolled chronic lol road trips and shit like that without smoking is fucking boring desu

>"gee user your car is so shiny"

>Name one thing more comfy than beginning a long solo road trip alone at 5AM before the sun comes up

Laying in my bed as my arms bleed from the deep cuts while high, knowing im going to finally be free of this shit world.

My car was 3000 asshole

you need a whole case of man the fuck up in a nice big 144qt cooler faggot

>implying throwing shit in the back of your 65/35 weight distro FWD wont fucking fix your awful handling characteristics

ever fall asleep on the road? yeah you are going to drink coffee and shut the fuck up, if you dont like coffee, drink monster instead

you're clearly a neet, theres no need for you to take a trip

good bye my friend :(

>implying 65/35
>implying 50/50 is good for FWD
>implying FWd handles bad

>late night drives with no traffic, just cruising with the windows down and listening to your favorite jams

>dat pic
Here we ago again. This should be on our next banner.
Oh yeah, that is a good feeling. No worry that you have to worry about cars in your way.
>watch all the warning lights go out
*stay on like it's a Christmas tree

Not by much
Still a killjoy no fun allowed autistic faggot

I've had girls ask me if I work on cars on a date. I don't know why but some like it (and no they didn't ask me to work on their cars for free since I'm not a gutless bitch in an mx5).

This has happened on like 3 separate occasions.

on my tinder profile i put that id fix their cars for food

also, if a girl had a pic of her and a truck, or a cool car id ask for more pics of it.

incase youre wondering, no i did not get any pussy from tinder.

>wake up in dead of night
>dress and pack gear
>drive with windows open as air gets colder the farther into upstate NY we go
>joke around
>watch sunrise over mountains
>fish like fuck
>catch (or dont cause we're shit)
>do all of that going back home

ive done this for years with muh dad for the october salmon run here in NY, favorite time of the year honestly

FUCK I love that feeling , it's cozy af

>get on wisconsin highway
>speed limit is 70
>no traffic
>cruise at 80 without worry of felony
>see cute chick in little mini cooper catch up
>go back and forth with her for 30 miles

Driving on your favorite road during the twilight hours just after sunset

>on my tinder profile i put that id fix their cars for food
Why would you do this? I am not surprised at all that you didn't get any pussy from tinder

>not putting tomorrow's clothes in the bag with you

Is like you like being cold in the morning

Pipe smoking (and vaping and all other "fedora" things) is only fedora if you do it for attention i.e. in public.

Putting on the final piece of gear (gloves) as your bike just becomes perfectly warm for a ride.

>Name one thing more comfy

How about not waking up in the fucking cold?

Add in cruise control and low road noise/ long wheel base for maximum overcomfort.

>T. Road tripping with a conversion van.

DÉJÀ VU

>this feels better than

Not putting on any gear feeling the wind rush through your hair feeling the sun on your arms and legs

>atgatt plebs will never know these god tier feels

> 3 AM village areas cruising
> plenty of turns
> chilly outside, windows down, sunroof open, heater on
> going slow, listening to ATCQ

>something breaks
>diagnose the problem
>go to fix it, have the correct part and tools, everything comes apart easy, installs easy and goes back together easy
>it works now

A rare feel.

>driving a twisty road alone at 2AM
i am dagumi

NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO

Waking up to a morning where it's 80 degrees by 7am is the opposite of comfy. Everybody here tends to consider winter the comfiest time of year, even if us natives are wearing winter coats for it.

t.Floridafag

>tfw had oil leak for 2 years
>finally clean off engine and try to figure out where it is
>oil level sensor
>6.99$ part
>replace it
>no leak
nice

>doesn't know what crush washers do

>he fell for the crush washer jew
bet you voted for ben carson, didn't you?

MAGA all the way

Unlike you who voted for shillary

>Overheating issues
>Bubbles in coolant no matter how many times I bleed
>Leaky coolant housing
>Drain coolant for the 3rd fucking time
>Test thermostat
>Test waterpump
>Get some cardboard gaskets
>Put on some blue RTV, follow instructions by the letter
>No leaks
>Test drive it expecting to overheat, all hope lost
>Pushing the car through corners and hill
>Temp needle still at the 11 o'clock pos

A great feel indeed.

>Bubbles gone
>So fucking glad my headgasket wasn't kaput.

>tfw wasn't indicted
REPUBLICAN'TS BTFO
>inb4 trump get's rudely treated at RNC

Every time you reply to something I wish your family was gassed

>do major work, water pump, thermo, thermo housing, belts, oil, steering rack swap
>everything comes apart
>everything fits properly
>very little spillage
>bleed a BMW cooling system without problems
>blast up a mountain at midnight the same day

Shit puts you in one hell of a mood.

Lovely

A battery full of electricity.

I wonder if getting high while in a true driverless vehicle (no controls) will be legal in the future...

I hope so.

>riding around with your friends
>listening to dank beats on the tooj
>having bantz while doing triple the limit
>hooning until the sun comes up
>holding her hand when you're driving somewhere
>Driving bleary eyed once she leaves you

Seconded, except I've been. It's beautiful there, would go again/10.

Before all the gear I ordered came in I rode with only a helmet and gloves. It felt good to be honest. The wind on my body, skin soaking up the sun etc. But I never rode like that again. I can't risk getting my skin shredded and the asphalt getting brushed out with metal bristles. The feeling isn't worth it to me but I understand why people wear no gear.

I ride like that every time except sans gloves and sometimes sans helmet.

Feels good

Yes actually. They're working on laws that make the auto pilot the legally responsible driver.
I just can't do it. I don't trust other people and I don't even trust myself. I have a long way to go. I wish I was as good riding as I am driving.
>Inb4 everyone rates themselves as good drivers but suck in reality and I'm one of those people

>sunset
>driving along the coast
>75 and sunny
>top down
>music on

From Seattle? Literally any direction

>Olympic Peninsula
>Oregon Coast
>Cali North Coast
>Fraser river valley
>Banff/Jasper parks
>North Idaho/Western Montana
>Oregon eastern Cascades
>Mt Shasta/Mt Lassen
>Snake river valley
>Black Rock Desert/Northern Nevada/Southeast Oregon

Literally all of these are a good trip, between 2-5 days depending on how much you want to see. Just fucking pack a tent, a cooler, and a bunch of road maps and make it up as you go.

The final stretch of a reasonably long trip, perhaps half an hour to go before you arrive. You're tired but not dead tired, it's late at night and you've got nothing to do tomorrow. Supplies are getting a little low but you're still good on gas and still in good spirits. The features of the land are familiar; buildings, roads, you're almost home now user. There's no one else on the road, too. You could scream down the straights without worrying about undercover cops or you could cruise down at the most leisurely pace without some pissed off middle-class salaryman in a leased 3 Series tailgating you and hammering the horn as if it had deeply offended him.

>be me
>be riding home after a long day of smashing the touge
>it's dark out, pitch black in fact
>just cruising along at 120km/h, not a car in sight in any direction
>music's blasting through my ear buds but it's just noise
>suddenly google.com.au/url?q=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsx7In-Mx60&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjm_Ma7u_LNAhWEjpQKHdOjDI0QyCkIEDAA&sig2=k67COUpZmvIUEeQqTcR2Lw&usg=AFQjCNEo0x15emLvIPMfIDlrH7V6nYm5Gg starts playing
>these feels as I zoom through the darkness with only the glow of the dashboard and the strained reach of the headlight to accompany me home

Comfy as fuck.

>The features of the land are familiar; buildings, roads, you're almost home now user.

This is a great feel. You can't explain it unless you've done it. Every summer after driving 8ish hours home from my grandparents house as a kid made a lot of memories. There were 6 of us in that minivan. I also remember leaving right before the sun came up. My mom was a pro at fitting all that shit into the car, my dad would start the drive and we'd all nestle in our blankets and pillows.
Early morning or late night rest spots are another great feel.
Damn user, you brought a lot of good memories back. I miss my dad so fucking much.

>appending jew to things you are too cheap to buy
Do none of you fuccbois see the irony in this?

Goddamn, this shit.

I remember our last major family road trip. Winnipeg to Orlando, and we just drove and drove and drove. Saw so much, experienced tons.

It was truly the best of times.

>I remember our last major family road trip.
Same
Went from CT to western New York, roughly 2 hours south of Buffalo.
Us four kids were in our twenties and it felt like we were kids again. We even rented a minivan. When we actually has one I remember having a tv/vcr combo that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. I think we watched homeward bound once.

That was for my grandfather's funeral. I can never visit his house that he built with his two bare hands because my step grandmother's family stuck her in a nursing home, sold the house and ripped my family off.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i like food

What is it with shitty relatives ruining things

I don't know user, I don't know. My step grandmother was basically my grandmother because my real one died before I was born. She was the sweetest person and loved us kids and loved feeding us too lol. Holy shit did we manga when we visited.
I couldn't go visit her in the nursing home but my dad and sisters did. It made her so happy. I don't think her family even showed up. Breaks my heart. She passed away alone.

>putting back the last bolt after replacing a part
>crank it over
>it runs perfectly

oh yes

>tfw your car is clean inside and out after a detail you did so you know its done right

>mechanic said it was the heater core
> $1800 most all labor
>decide to eat crow and just tear the whole thing down myself
>free up weekend
>get all ready for lots of screws, nuts, bolts and parts coming out
>long prayer to the car gods it will all go back together
>tools out
>backflush clogged core just because why not try
>fucker runs clean and clear
>spend 5 minutes figuring out the pump impeller exploded and it's a $80 fix with 5 bolts

Actually feels bad because a mechanic I trusted and drive really far to go to tried to fuck me hard, in the ass, without lube.

>doing triple the limit

>130 km/h times 3

>implying my shitbox could even reach 160

>5am
>comfy ride
>0 cars
>doing 60 in 90
>plsmakethislastforever.jpg

At what point do you forgo the assumption the mechanic "didn't know"? I know they're professionals, but they're also human, and they can't recognize everything. I imagine that a lot of the "easy fixes" that people find after ridiculous quotes didn't actually seem that easy after the original inspection. Then again, sometimes it's such a cursory problem you don't even need to loosen a bolt to diagnose it. I just don't know when you can fault mechanics and when not.

i'm pretty sure he would have flushed it himself and charged you 2G's to do so. my honda had a some problem too. i felt my heat wasnt hot enough so i thought it was a heater core. i saw videos from chrisfix, scotty kilmer and ETCG about it and it was a easy fix. while mine did not come out dirty some how my heater was hotter then before. they say to run you heater though out the year so the coolant inside the heater core wont "settle" and clog it

>in van
>26 hour drive ahead
>6 year old girl in the back
>5 days to get there

heading to bed late after prepping my car for the track

When it's not clogged at all and they swore it was completely 100% clogged.

I mean I talked to them at length, because $1800 is a lot and I'd been taking care of the cooling system so I was surprised at the diagnosis. You couldn't not see water coming out the one side when you put a house to the other, and that's the first thing you'd do as a mechanic.

Went to Nashville, TN alone last week, drove through southern Indiana and Ketucky shit was so beautiful.

But for the most part, solo road trips are usually really boring. Especially across the fucking midwest.

It doesn't help that I drive a Geo Prizm that hates going over 60mph

t. jew

What i found /comfy/ was driving along a country road gone midnight with no streetlights and the mist from the surrounding fields rolling in. Was weird at first, having the mist only come up to the headlights or so. Felt like i was driving on a solid cloud.
With music playing the entire time.

I need to do a long drive again, the last long drive i did was to Wembley Stadium at night and back - around 100 miles in all as i tried to follow the Thames back home. Driving in London was awful

>Be in golfcourse at night
>5 MPH speed limit
>Go 15

You could say I'm pretty hardcore

>not keeping the last bolts loose until you're sure it works

Cigarettes are a depressant you fag. That shit will give you a buzz at first but make you wanna come back for more later. And having shitty cigs is even worse. Bad taste for bad habits.

>Actually smoking when there's years of research and proof to show its literally cancer for you

>imblyign I care what a bunch of kids and neckbeards on Veeky Forums think about me

>nicotine
>depressant
Can't even consider reading anything past that.

But smoking cigs is a shitty habit. Nobody should start.

Smoking isn't a good habit but you're retarded.

Your*

And I agree. As shitty as cigs are, this kid sounds like a DARE brainwashed 13 year old.

>hooning like a faggot on tight roads at 3am with all the windows down, listening to the roar of the engine bouncing back off walls and bushes

You're = You Are
Meaning You are retarded