Iddy Biddy Cars

So out in the real world now i need a tiny car for work. Usually i would ride my motorcycle however now its the rainy season in NZ and turning up in wet gear is not a option. Im looking for a tiny cheap car just to drive to work and back in bumper to bumper traffic. Looked int he sticky but im looking for smaller.

Currently looking at a Honda city/ jazz 1984 >Pic related
and a nissan march/mirca 1998.

Smart car and old style mini is too expensive here.

Anyone have any suggestions, Only cared about its size really. Not to fussed about safety as most of the time ill be crawling at 30km.

Other urls found in this thread:

touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1120984783
touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1118108804
touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1122961084
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Peugeot 306 diesel or the Citroën that shared the same chassis. Super economical and easy to install an odo switch in the non-hdi version

Daihatsu Charade!

Corsa

get the honda city

shop around for the honda city turbo II with the factory option of the honda motocompo.

get the micra m8
supprisingly large boot and they're reliable as fuck. i got a '96 1lt, it does around 45/50 mpg. nice and roomy but if you're over 6ft and have a passenger also over 6ft you'll be rubbing his knee going into 2nd
chain driven cams so you only need to change it every 130k miles. the only problems they have is rust and the interior fan controll likes to melt meaning it only runs on max or nothing.

People are selling the motocompos here for 3k each. And there selling quick.

Is the chain an easy job?

Mazda 121 kek

Ford Fiesta. Great little cars, and not actually so little on the inside. Fun to throw around, too.

Festiva*

The 121 was more reliable

The only 121 that they have here is
>Pic related
Is it still fairly reliable?

little mazda 121 1988

I got a honda civic eg breeze. daily drive.$250

This

You will be kill if you have a crash but by God they're fun if you whack some wider tyres on it

Just make sure you get the G200 and not the soggy biscuit G100

more pictures of you?

lad im in palmy north with a Suzuki alto 1996 , auto for sale if youre intrested

first and second gen alto is biddy small

Bit far im up in Auckland

some interest has occurred
but I'm looking for a fiat 126 or 800

but why? @wose_ instagram.

Honda z600

Suzuki Alto Works RS/Z

That's my Shitbox
Daihatsu sirion

3 cil, 1 L engine
Cheap, reliable ish, big enough, just win win win

You all suck. OP, this is what you get.

touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1120984783

this is out in west auckland mate where abouts are you in auckland?

On the North Shore, Km a bit to high on that plus thinking more auto for motorway traffic

Fair enough is a pulsar or corolla hatch to big?

you know what the wheels are ?

Nah mate wouldnt have a clue, start a wheel/rim thread with a pic someone might know

Yep for what im looking for

2nd gen starlet, i bet there are lots of it in NZ

what about an ep70 starlet ?
its like a corolla hatchback

Yep starlets are good, looking into those.

So much want. But RHD only. Fuck.

They arent too much bigger then a micra or march

touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1118108804

Sorry mayne didnt even read the auction blazed af id stay away from that, you could check out the ellerslie car fair, iys on every sunday at ellerslie race course

touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/1122961084

I had an EP90 Starlet for a while, it's a very economical car, but that 1.3L engine doesn't have much torque at all - using it in city traffic wasn't pleasant, but not horrible by any means.

Personally I would steer clear of 80s or older small cars if you're just after something cheap to run. Unless you find a real gem, they'll pretty much all be worn out and in need of some serious TLC to keep in good running order, and parts aren't easy to find any more.

A lot of the older ones will also be running carburetors or single-point injection; personally I prefer MPFI, especially in colder climates. If you know how to tune a carb then that shouldn't be an issue, though.

too big?

Get a metro OP.

Dont have metros over here

Mazda makes gud kars, and that one is CUTE!!! too.

Suzuki Swift/Cultus/whatever name they got in your part of the world (check Wikipedia).
Subaru Justy is the same thing but with 4WD, if that's what you like.

Small done right.

Learning to drive RHD is no biggie if you really want the car. A bunch of vehicles for delivery and shit like that are RHD so they don't have to get out in the street all the time. If a pizza delivery boy can manage you can probably too.

I'm so G LY !

be careful with the automatic choke.
and have a bic pen ready to drop inside the carburator

that's all i can say. good fun little car tho